How is this ok? In any circumstances

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-3W4hj4vc

27 seconds for one gen. 27. With only one toolbox and one prove thyself .


How the heck did that manage to get into the game? Is the concept of having an early game just gone to rot in a dumpster fire ?


When it happened otz even he sounded worried, otz. One of the best killer players. In the end if he hadn't had stblf , if the person on the shoulder was struggling. He might've only gotten 2 kills. When he's trying his best. Otz.


How's your average Joe or Josephine supposed to deal with this?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163412#Comment_1163412

    If you not going to play like trash you can end game fast as a killer as well.

    If you not going to play "badly" you can avoid getting downed fast as a survivor as well.

    I'm not judging the quality of any player on my post that you are mentioning, I just stated how much of the Killer objective was done and how much of the Survivors objective was done.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-3W4hj4vc

    27 seconds for one gen. 27. With only one toolbox and one prove thyself .

    How the heck did that manage to get into the game? Is the concept of having an early game just gone to rot in a dumpster fire ?

    When it happened otz even he sounded worried, otz. One of the best killer players. In the end if he hadn't had stblf , if the person on the shoulder was struggling. He might've only gotten 2 kills. When he's trying his best. Otz.

    How's your average Joe or Josephine supposed to deal with this?

    "JuSt GeN pReSsUrE mOrE"

  • Can we please stop changing subjects? Some players in this thread are constantly diverting attention from the issue, refusing to address how broken generator speeds are. It doesn't matter if Otz got a 4k or not. That's not the point of this video. Stop acting like children.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137875/how-is-this-ok-in-any-circumstances

    How is your ability to slug and knock people down so fast OK? Why should it not be possible to get survivor objectives done fast if you can do the same? It’s not fair for survivors. How about you don’t have ebony Mori’s that rob survivors of playtime. Or they slow down hook timers so it’s not worth camping them anymore? You gotta think it needs to feel fair for survivors too

    so how are survivors able to make mistakes? because that's how killers down survivors so quick, they capitalize on survivors mistakes, being able to complete a gen before the killer can walk over to it is just stupid and doesn't take skill

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162526#Comment_1162526

    Sadly, most killers don't care about the survivors fun, or enjoyment of the game. It's get in, kill fast, and move on to the next one. Due to recent changes to the game, and how fast gens can pop, and how fast matches can be, killers are racing the clock. ( Example ). Hook, tunnel, mori. You're going from 12 hooks down to 4, and eliminating time spent on chasing. Survivors get a short irritating match with few points.. also, I think that ds shouldn't be a one time use. Same with unbreakable. ( killer main that also plays survivor )...

    also the game isn't necessarily about the fun in a 1v1 scenario, the games ment to be a 4v1 and it's treated that way, so if killers have to tunnel one person down to keep them from progressing gens they will seeing as they have no other option anymore

  • @Dragonivy759 said:

    There is a lot of people here complaining About the stuff the killer does, but that isn't the point. The point is that if it were a setup killer, like the trapper, then that first gen and the map compounds against the killer. If it were somebody else, like a green rank on consoles, most people would give up. This game is not balanced as it should. Killers shouldn't be against survivors that are way too good for the killer, or survivors that can't do crap. The ranking system and the stupid maps are the problems, and most killers couldn't come back from that. If otz had been a god tier huntress or nurse, the map and gens wouldn't matter because they are the best killers on PC. Console, however, the best is Billy. BILLY! Good survivors can escape Billy easily, on console. Because the skill gap on survivor is so much lower than killer, then killers are gonna stop playing, and the problems a lot of low ranks are having are gonna get worse, killer or survivor.

    The Trapper is pretty much unplayable at red ranks, at least in my opinion. Setting up traps takes too much time, and they get closed anyway because most players are in SWF groups.

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163440#Comment_1163440

    If you not going to play "badly" you can avoid getting downed fast as a survivor as well.

    I'm not judging the quality of any player on my post that you are mentioning, I just stated how much of the Killer objective was done and how much of the Survivors objective was done.

    Both sides objectives are not equal.

  • Seems like they 3 stacked on a gen which the items and or perks only make up the loss in gen time of them splitting up.

    27x3 =81s so its still slightly less efficient than each being on their own one.

    3 stacking on a gen while it seems fast its really statistically no different than normal as they still need to take the time to run between gens but the downside is they can be scattered more easily.

  • Hey all, just gonna point out the difference between a survivor going down in 27 seconds compared to a gen being done.


    Survivor goes down: survivor failed to loop properly, did not throw down pallets, did not know how to navigate the map and because of that lost a chase.


    Killer loses gen: Killer could not reach that side of the map in time to stop the generator from being completed.


    See the difference? One is under the control of the player involving skill, and the other is just rng going "No WoRk HaRdEr"

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163383#Comment_1163383

    3 downs and I believe 2 hooks already, if you need about 10-12 hooks to end a game as Killer, 2 hooks is 20% of the full objective (completed in UNDER two minutes).

    1 gen completed in LESS than 30 seconds, if you need 5 gens to complete this main objective, 1 gen is 20% of the main objective (completed in LESS than 30 seconds).

    I'm not considering the exit gates time and I'm not considering the chase, pick up and search time.

    Yes but the difference is typically start game is the least pressure for survivors as killer is in search phase, endgame is most pressure so it makes sense that gens would go faster in start than end for survivors, its not proportional and consistent throughout the game whereas killer applies more pressure endgame and should have a higher hook rate later game

  • As someone who plays survivor 85% of the time but has enough experience for both sides I feel like I need to say some stuff. First off, SWF aren't really a big problem in my eye. I've had little to no problems killing them and when I play SWF all we really say is what killer it is and if the killer camps. We don't go all out and set up specific builds to piss the killer off. Secondly, if you can't apply gen pressure for the first few gens it doesn't mean you lose. If they don't have good gen placement they have a low chance of getting out as long as you've killed someone, and even if you haven't if you're a good enough killer you can pull it off. Plus gen speeds aren't that bad, it typically takes a minute or two to get one popped in my matches as killer. Third off, as killer I run perks that aren't all that aren't recommended for people with the same main but they work beautifully and I don't have to run it constantly to get 4ks. As survivor, I run the same build 90% of the time because the other perks either never work in my favor, or are extremely worthless in my opinion. Of course this is also based on play style so if I played differently I'd have different builds, which I've done for videos and it's about 50/50 when it comes to survival chances. Lastly, if you're playing a low tier killer and/or is on a unbalanced map then you have a lower chance of success based on what killer you are and whether the survivors are smart on that map or not. What I typically use is Spies from the Shadows, it's actually pretty underrated ngl and it's very helpful because one little notification can destroy the survivors in an instant. I also use Unrelenting, NOED, and I think Bloodhound. I keep on confusing the two with the wolf heads but whatever one makes the blood brighter, that's what I bring. (As a survivor main I used to complain bout NOED but I know how useful it can be sometimes, it's not always clutch because I can usually get more than half the people killed before EGC). The majority of the "Oh it's killer sided" and "Oh it's survivor sided" is based on view and personally I think that there are certain areas where it's killer sided and some areas were it's survivor sided, but i can definitely see both sides of the argument.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162246#Comment_1162246

    as a survivor I also feel like I have to run certain builds too. You mean to tell me you’re looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game and seeing everyone running different perks? I don’t think so. Majority have DS, BT and DH. There are perks that almost seem mandatory to give yourself a better shot at staying in the game. Rather in fact, I think some need a buff Tbh. DS is only a one time use and people still complain about it. It should be more like every time you get off the hook it protects you. Because why should killers get their rehooks that easily? Most of the time I don’t get my 3 hooks because of Mori or Lag that kills me on 2nd stage. It’s unfair a lot of the time and I yet I still hear complaints. From a solo standpoint it’s more often than not a frustrating experience. I wanna have fun too and get heals and experience those heart pounding moments, but killers have learned to get really good at keeping people from playing the game. Think about it from the perspective of one person as opposed to all 4. Idk why this 4K thing is what people expect. But it happens frequently from my perspective. Not everyone is amazing at looping so that means you’re #########? That’s the way the games designed yet you people complain about that when people get good at it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s rough out here man

    lmao crutch perks aren't mandatory. that many survivors just suck to the point they think they need 16 crutches. none of them need buffed, either. they're strong enough as they are now. thinking they need a buff leads back to you not being good

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-3W4hj4vc

    27 seconds for one gen. 27. With only one toolbox and one prove thyself .

    How the heck did that manage to get into the game? Is the concept of having an early game just gone to rot in a dumpster fire ?

    When it happened otz even he sounded worried, otz. One of the best killer players. In the end if he hadn't had stblf , if the person on the shoulder was struggling. He might've only gotten 2 kills. When he's trying his best. Otz.

    How's your average Joe or Josephine supposed to deal with this?

    It just looks like they got a gen and he tunneled them down like most killers. If he was a good killer I would feel for him but damn. The hook monitoring was real. However to respond to the issue people are concerned about, just put gen pressure on and then you don't have to worry about it.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    I’ve seen two teammates down before first gen less than a minute into the game. How is it fair that you’re capable of doing that?

    Maybe because he's in the top .1% of killers? The question is "how does an average killer deal with this", and this answer is, "they don't", which is why this game is losing killers.


    I can't believe people are stupid enough to respond with "but it's a 4k" or posts like yours, ignoring the fact that this guy is an extremely skilled streamer and likely one of the best killers in the game.

  • To me, it shouldn't even be possible to complete a gen in less than 60 seconds.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137875/how-is-this-ok-in-any-circumstances

    How is your ability to slug and knock people down so fast OK? Why should it not be possible to get survivor objectives done fast if you can do the same? It’s not fair for survivors. How about you don’t have ebony Mori’s that rob survivors of playtime. Or they slow down hook timers so it’s not worth camping them anymore? You gotta think it needs to feel fair for survivors too

    Survivors have a million ways to avoid all that. You make it sound as if pallets and loops and perks don't exist.

  • Holy ######### I never saw so much ######### complaining in my life. Normal people when they don't like a game they quit playing it. But no, all of you hop on your flip phones and started sweating on the forums. Just shut the ######### up

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I love how when people share these videos it's always of killers getting 4ks. They also only ended up finishing 2 gens LOL

    Otz is literally one of the best killers in DBD. If he decides to sweat he can usually 4k unless the survivors are gods.

  • @doodledot said:

    Holy ######### I never saw so much ######### complaining in my life. Normal people when they don't like a game they quit playing it. But no, all of you hop on your flip phones and started sweating on the forums. Just shut the ######### up

    The most puzzling part of this comment is that you think people use flip phones...

  • @Oberon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163815#Comment_1163815

    The most puzzling part of this comment is that you think people use flip phones...

    these people do

  • @White_Owl said:

    27 seconds for a gen is no news, coop repairing is a thing since the beginning. With 3 people it takes 33 seconds, you only need a little speed increase to save those 6 seconds.

    It was only one person with prove thyself

  • I was under the impression that the only flip phones with internet capability were the Galaxy Z and the Motorola Razr... And I don't think everyone is going to be spending $900 and $1500, respectively, on flip phones...

  • Yo

    @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162246#Comment_1162246

    as a survivor I also feel like I have to run certain builds too. You mean to tell me you’re looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game and seeing everyone running different perks? I don’t think so. Majority have DS, BT and DH. There are perks that almost seem mandatory to give yourself a better shot at staying in the game. Rather in fact, I think some need a buff Tbh. DS is only a one time use and people still complain about it. It should be more like every time you get off the hook it protects you. Because why should killers get their rehooks that easily? Most of the time I don’t get my 3 hooks because of Mori or Lag that kills me on 2nd stage. It’s unfair a lot of the time and I yet I still hear complaints. From a solo standpoint it’s more often than not a frustrating experience. I wanna have fun too and get heals and experience those heart pounding moments, but killers have learned to get really good at keeping people from playing the game. Think about it from the perspective of one person as opposed to all 4. Idk why this 4K thing is what people expect. But it happens frequently from my perspective. Not everyone is amazing at looping so that means you’re #########? That’s the way the games designed yet you people complain about that when people get good at it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s rough out here man

    survivors don't HAVE to run these perks to live. Survivors run these perks because they're the most OP survivor perks. There are plenty of people not running the standard 4 perks and still very successful.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    The gen went fast but that can happen. The massive map made it tougher for him but he still won. Stbfl helped him but if he had a better build he he would have done better.

    Instead of surge he should have run pop. You need good slowdown gen perks and if you don't have any then you can't complain if the gens are done quick.

    So what you should really take from this video is. Should I run corrupt and pop? I would say on Clown yes.

    What if you don't want to have to play optimized killer builds? What if you want to experiment and try to find something that you enjoy? A build should be one possible way to play the game, not a necessity to win.

  • @TheLoner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162240#Comment_1162240

    What if you don't want to have to play optimized killer builds? What if you want to experiment and try to find something that you enjoy? A build should be one possible way to play the game, not a necessity to win.

    You can experiment but then don't complain if gens might go too fast. If I get tunnelled after unhooking, I can't complain if I don't run ds.

    Good builds aren't a necessity to win but they are the best possible way of winning. Most games you can be ok with bad builds but if you face a good team on a bad map then don't complain that you got gen rushed when using your average build.

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162595#Comment_1162595

    Killer end chase or game quick. Survivors fault. Survivor fixed one gen fast alltogether. Not killers fault for sure😂

    how can that be the killers fault when he literally didnt even had the chance to walk over there and defend it?

    27 seconds is insane, there is literally nothing you can do against that as killer.

    "just apply map pressure", am i right?


    and lets be honest, if that team had been a decent team / if it had been a killer that is not godlike like Otz, they would have had quite an easy round of DbD.

  • @CrispyChestnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162595#Comment_1162595

    Killer didn't just "win", 4k with gens left is "win and..." territory.

    which, again, has nothing to do with the main topic.

    the topic is that they repaired a gen in 27 seconds. the outcome of the match is a completely different story - and ive seen the video, they literally threw the game.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137875/how-is-this-ok-in-any-circumstances

    How is your ability to slug and knock people down so fast OK? Why should it not be possible to get survivor objectives done fast if you can do the same? It’s not fair for survivors. How about you don’t have ebony Mori’s that rob survivors of playtime. Or they slow down hook timers so it’s not worth camping them anymore? You gotta think it needs to feel fair for survivors too

    Keep in mind there's 4 survivors doing gens meanwhile there's one killer,I'm just pointing this out because a killers job is legit to kill, what else is he supposed to do? Go guard his totems? Even with survivors being afk or hiding there's still 3 people as to the one killer.. I love it like that and wouldn't want to see it change I love the asymmetrical aspect of dbd but I feel like people forget that that does make things harder for the killer. Also not trying to hate, just food for thought type thing

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162246#Comment_1162246

    as a survivor I also feel like I have to run certain builds too. You mean to tell me you’re looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game and seeing everyone running different perks? I don’t think so. Majority have DS, BT and DH. There are perks that almost seem mandatory to give yourself a better shot at staying in the game. Rather in fact, I think some need a buff Tbh. DS is only a one time use and people still complain about it. It should be more like every time you get off the hook it protects you. Because why should killers get their rehooks that easily? Most of the time I don’t get my 3 hooks because of Mori or Lag that kills me on 2nd stage. It’s unfair a lot of the time and I yet I still hear complaints. From a solo standpoint it’s more often than not a frustrating experience. I wanna have fun too and get heals and experience those heart pounding moments, but killers have learned to get really good at keeping people from playing the game. Think about it from the perspective of one person as opposed to all 4. Idk why this 4K thing is what people expect. But it happens frequently from my perspective. Not everyone is amazing at looping so that means you’re #########? That’s the way the games designed yet you people complain about that when people get good at it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s rough out here man

    I agree, when i'm playing as survivor almost every game i get found first and then tunneled and camped. i try to run builds but it just leads back to me getting tunneled and even with DS it only gives me like and extra minute before i get caught and hooked again, and the game is so laggy with the servers that it makes it hard to hit DS.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137875/how-is-this-ok-in-any-circumstances

    How is your ability to slug and knock people down so fast OK? Why should it not be possible to get survivor objectives done fast if you can do the same? It’s not fair for survivors. How about you don’t have ebony Mori’s that rob survivors of playtime. Or they slow down hook timers so it’s not worth camping them anymore? You gotta think it needs to feel fair for survivors too

    Because Killers play solo against 4. Also not fair? Killers need 12 hooks while survivors need 5 gens.

  • Killer here. Grow up. That looks like a good have to me. Are you seriously complaining that survivors managed to get gens done?

  • It's called get good and run Noed like a bum

  • In theory survivors would only have to spend 135 seconds on gens and they would all be done. And that wasn't even all 4 survivors on one gen lol, it was probably only two honestly. But no, gens are fine. Just get better at the game lol, why wasn't he using Corrupt Pop Discordance and Thrilling Tremors I mean clearly he doesn't know how to play smh.... Don't cry about gen times if you don't use x perks every single game! Self righteous killer mains sigh

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Double standards from killers at its best, again. You just show that the game is fairly killer sided.

    I mean I completely agree that this video proves nothing, and that this is no proof at all that killers are underpowered, but how does this show that this game is fairly killer sided?

  • @LoneWolf820B said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1162229#Comment_1162229

    If survivors are playing that bad then that's on them. What's a killer to do here? This was a quick find and short chase.

    So you have never played against Billy when 3 of you were on a gen? First person gets downed before they knew what was happening.


    2nd is downed a couple seconds after that after he lights up the chainsaw again.


    3rd is trying to help other downed member and gets cut down.


    Now if is completely up to the 4th person to try to stay hidden while saving the team. I've had games end up like this within the first 3-5 mins of the match.


    I'm not a good player but that stuff is just dumb. " Wonder who the killer is?" Chainsaw noises..." Nvm, I'm down. He is after you now...I'll just crawl away and lay here hoping someone will help"

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1163052#Comment_1163052

    which, again, has nothing to do with the main topic.

    the topic is that they repaired a gen in 27 seconds. the outcome of the match is a completely different story - and ive seen the video, they literally threw the game.

    It does in that it doesn't seem like there's a problem.

  • so by the same logic:

    if i use the strongest killer with their strongest add ons and the strongest offering, screw up somewhere in the game and only end up getting a 2k, that means all of what i just used is perfectly fine and balanced, as i got 2 kills - the devs balance goal.

    or when i massively screw up and only get 1 kill, that means all of what i just used is underpowered and needs buffs, as the balance goal is 2 kills.


    see the flawed logic there?

    the outcome of my game does not determine the power level of the things i used.

    its the exact same with this scenario: the outcome of the game does not determine whether the gen popping 27 seconds in was balanced or not.

    thats two entirely different stories.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166558#Comment_1166558

    so by the same logic:

    if i use the strongest killer with their strongest add ons and the strongest offering, screw up somewhere in the game and only end up getting a 2k, that means all of what i just used is perfectly fine and balanced, as i got 2 kills - the devs balance goal.

    or when i massively screw up and only get 1 kill, that means all of what i just used is underpowered and needs buffs, as the balance goal is 2 kills.

    see the flawed logic there?

    the outcome of my game does not determine the power level of the things i used.

    its the exact same with this scenario: the outcome of the game does not determine whether the gen popping 27 seconds in was balanced or not.

    thats two entirely different stories.

    Lol nice straw man you're arguing with, what'd you name him?

1 2 ›