Please remove auto aim!

Why? Why is this still in the game? I can't tell you how many times it has screwed me out of hitting someone. It's a terrible crutch and it's embarrassing this company has implemented it in a game like this. They want to make the game skillful? Remove it. Even with skill, this cheat still screws it up. I want to go left, it makes me go right. This company is an absolute joke when it comes to having this cheat in the game for so long.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Haven't seen an auto-aim thread in a while. I believe it's called Animation Enhancement by most people now as well as the "official" term the devs use. There was a stream talking about it some time back as well.

    Here's a thread where a dev talks about it a bit.

  • Animation Enhancement is their term for auto aim. For some reason they refuse to call it what it is

  • Please learn what it actually is.

    Animation Enhancement is only supposed to activate on hits that the game has decided you will land, so if it causes you to miss it was a bug and should be reported where possible.

    Auto Aim gives you hit's you aren't supposed to, DBDs "Auto Aim" is ONLY supposed to turn on when the server has deemed you were supposed to and the hit, and if you miss, it was a bug.

  • @voiceofguns27 said:

    Why? Why is this still in the game? I can't tell you how many times it has screwed me out of hitting someone. It's a terrible crutch and it's embarrassing this company has implemented it in a game like this. They want to make the game skillful? Remove it. Even with skill, this cheat still screws it up. I want to go left, it makes me go right. This company is an absolute joke when it comes to having this cheat in the game for so long.

    I hate this auto aim. Always i want to hit the guy who is going to unhook someone, it targets the guy who is getting unhooked but still on the hook. Thats terrible.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135430/please-remove-auto-aim

    I hate this auto aim. Always i want to hit the guy who is going to unhook someone, it targets the guy who is getting unhooked but still on the hook. Thats terrible.

    This is the biggest offender by far! If that isn't considered auto aim, I don't know what is. Also, you can clearly tell that it's auto aim especially when hitting a survivor being lifted in the air by the entity during the sacrifice. This company is like a government trying to pull the wool over the sheep's eyes when trying to say it is "different." Like trying to become a new Amway with a "different" pyramid scheme.

  • @voiceofguns27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143782#Comment_1143782

    This is the biggest offender by far! If that isn't considered auto aim, I don't know what is. Also, you can clearly tell that it's auto aim especially when hitting a survivor being lifted in the air by the entity during the sacrifice. This company is like a government trying to pull the wool over the sheep's eyes when trying to say it is "different." Like trying to become a new Amway with a "different" pyramid scheme.

    I just lost so many kills because of this. Also i hate it if it down the guy who just got unhooked when i wanted to down the guy who was going to unhook.

  • It's not a cheat. It's a broken game mechanic, which existence they have been denying for years. And even now they try to call it something else.

  • @voiceofguns27 said:

    Why? Why is this still in the game? I can't tell you how many times it has screwed me out of hitting someone. It's a terrible crutch and it's embarrassing this company has implemented it in a game like this. They want to make the game skillful? Remove it. Even with skill, this cheat still screws it up. I want to go left, it makes me go right. This company is an absolute joke when it comes to having this cheat in the game for so long.

    Auto aim isn’t a thing in the game. Watch dev streams. Get out from that rock you are under.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135430/please-remove-auto-aim

    Auto aim isn’t a thing in the game. Watch dev streams. Get out from that rock you are under.

    Then what is the auto aim to the person who is being sacrificed on hook? If they are going into the air and you swing at the hook it will auto aim into the air to where they are.

  • You can try to disable it in user setting but that seem to didnt work for me. Yet need to test though.

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    "Aim dressing" will never rob you of a hit that you would have gotten. Clearly you were aiming for that corner and not the Survivor right in front of you.

    :)

    This^

    We clearly aim for that box. Why would you want to hit a survivor, thats mean.

  • Que the shills eating up BHVR crap and repeating the "it's not auto aim" lie.

    Anyone with a brain and a pair of eyeballs can see it's auto aim.

    STOP ######### LYING!

  • They broke this down a while back didn't they? Weren't there even graphics displaying how the hit cone works?

    The 'auto aim' doesn't change -what- you hit, it redirects the camera to show where you -did- hit.

    The camera redirect seems to be implemented to insure the player is oriented towards the target of their strike. Not so that the game can ensure the player -has- a target.

    To address the lifted survivor thing, I would hypothesize that the camera redirects towards the survivor being lifted by the entity because, for whatever reason, the model is still "allowed" to be hit.

    So: killer swings >> game checks for hit >> registers hit on model of character being lifted >> turns view towards model.


    Also, why are these threads always so aggressive and...personal, for lack of a better word. It's like people have a rough round, or get frustrated and need to come tell some anonymous-to-them dev to go screw their dog and die.


    You all know this is just a game, right?

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Haven't seen an auto-aim thread in a while. I believe it's called Animation Enhancement by most people now as well as the "official" term the devs use. There was a stream talking about it some time back as well.

    Here's a thread where a dev talks about it a bit.

    Yeah, this is most of the info I was thinking about. I didn't realize that last sentence was clickable. My bad.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Please learn what it actually is.

    Animation Enhancement is only supposed to activate on hits that the game has decided you will land, so if it causes you to miss it was a bug and should be reported where possible.

    Auto Aim gives you hit's you aren't supposed to, DBDs "Auto Aim" is ONLY supposed to turn on when the server has deemed you were supposed to and the hit, and if you miss, it was a bug.

    Then the “bug” isn’t that much of a bug, more of a gameplay issue. People can all agree if you’re lunging, the survivor can run to you barely, turn around, and you’ll miss a lunge you just started. Great example was this Myers I was just playing against. I vaulted right into him, yet because of when I vaulted and the angle he was coming at he missed when it should’ve obviously connected

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143951#Comment_1143951

    Even if it isn’t actually auto aim, it still doesn’t explain why the very instant I go to strike a survivor about to vault a window in autohaven, the game does a micro freeze, and suddenly I’ve been violently spun 180, and I’m now striking a pile of tires behind me for some frustrating reason.

    From what Peanits said that is a bug and should not be happening.

    I also think the aim dressing and cone need work especially due to the servers.

    I imagine the cone itself when two survivors are within it must have a little auto aim as it has to chose which one too hit. It seems to go for the one closest to you when you first start the hit. This could also be buggy and why some seem to go through another and hit the further away one like after an unhook in your face. That is probably down to the servers due to the info delay from where they were registered when you started the hit compared to where it shows on your screen.

    The other thing with misses and hitting objects again could be server info delay/lag so when you go to hit a survivor while it looks ok on your screen its possible its not the same on theirs. The killer hitting should take priority in that scenario so that could be where its seen as a bug.

  • Is this a PC thing? I don't experience this on console...

  • @KerJuice said:

    Is this a PC thing? I don't experience this on console...

    No, this is also on console. For example the "hook tech" is where you can really see it. The killer will be aiming to down you (the unhooker) and hit the hooked person. There's more examples listed above from previous people to test it out

  • its called aim dressing, and I agree

  • @voiceofguns27 said:

    Why? Why is this still in the game? I can't tell you how many times it has screwed me out of hitting someone. It's a terrible crutch and it's embarrassing this company has implemented it in a game like this. They want to make the game skillful? Remove it. Even with skill, this cheat still screws it up. I want to go left, it makes me go right. This company is an absolute joke when it comes to having this cheat in the game for so long.

    I will tell you a secret. Why is Aim Dressing in the game? Its very simple. Because of bad hitboxes. Survivior hitboxes are so bullshit that its embarrasing, Aim Dressing is there to "make hits look better" aka "hide bad hitboxes.

    That said, Aim Dressing is not a crutch, because it doesnt help you hit AT ALL. It can ONLY make you miss a hit you shouldnt have. And that fact makes it even worse


    FIX THE HITBOXES AND REMOVE AIM DRESSING

    Thank you for coming to my ted talk

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Haven't seen an auto-aim thread in a while. I believe it's called Animation Enhancement by most people now as well as the "official" term the devs use. There was a stream talking about it some time back as well.

    Here's a thread where a dev talks about it a bit.

    There are threads like that all the time. I make sure of it lol.

    Right now its called Aim Dressing, they changed the name in the "tech stream"

  • @Seanzu said:

    Please learn what it actually is.

    Animation Enhancement is only supposed to activate on hits that the game has decided you will land, so if it causes you to miss it was a bug and should be reported where possible.

    Auto Aim gives you hit's you aren't supposed to, DBDs "Auto Aim" is ONLY supposed to turn on when the server has deemed you were supposed to and the hit, and if you miss, it was a bug.

    Aim Dressing making you miss is not a bug. Its "latency"

    As devs said in the tech stream, latency cant be fixed, this means this bug can never be fixed.

    The only solution is to make hitboxes actually match the survivior model, so Aim Dressing is not needed anymore.

  • @HagIsBestGirl said:

    They broke this down a while back didn't they? Weren't there even graphics displaying how the hit cone works?

    The 'auto aim' doesn't change -what- you hit, it redirects the camera to show where you -did- hit.

    The camera redirect seems to be implemented to insure the player is oriented towards the target of their strike. Not so that the game can ensure the player -has- a target.

    To address the lifted survivor thing, I would hypothesize that the camera redirects towards the survivor being lifted by the entity because, for whatever reason, the model is still "allowed" to be hit.

    So: killer swings >> game checks for hit >> registers hit on model of character being lifted >> turns view towards model.

    Also, why are these threads always so aggressive and...personal, for lack of a better word. It's like people have a rough round, or get frustrated and need to come tell some anonymous-to-them dev to go screw their dog and die.

    You all know this is just a game, right?

    Aggressive? If a job is done poorly, wouldn't you call it out? Also, nobody has even mentioned about making a threat to a dev in this thread. So, I have no idea where you are getting that from? I find auto aim/"aim dressing" to be the biggest nerf since "dedicated servers" have been released.

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144357#Comment_1144357

    No, this is also on console. For example the "hook tech" is where you can really see it. The killer will be aiming to down you (the unhooker) and hit the hooked person. There's more examples listed above from previous people to test it out

    Yeah, that's what I meant- I do not experience any of that. My swings (connect or not) go where I was aiming for. I'll pay more attention the next time I am killer, and also try swinging at a hook when the survivor is floating to the entity. This sounds like a bad mechanic.

  • Tbh "Aim Dressing" (lets be honest its auto aim, if you aim one way and it AUTOmatically AIMs you to another direction, its auto aim) anyway more often than not i miss than it actually helps me.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143779#Comment_1143779

    Aim Dressing making you miss is not a bug. Its "latency"

    As devs said in the tech stream, latency cant be fixed, this means this bug can never be fixed.

    The only solution is to make hitboxes actually match the survivior model, so Aim Dressing is not needed anymore.

    They literally said in the stream if aim dressing makes you miss a hit you need to report it

  • imagine defending "aim dressing"

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143773#Comment_1143773

    There are threads like that all the time. I make sure of it lol.

    Right now its called Aim Dressing, they changed the name in the "tech stream"

    Ahh did they change it? I remember seeing a Mod or maybe a Dev use the term animation enhancement a couple months ago or so. Didn't know they changed the name since then.

  • Whoever says it's aim dressing is so silly, it's not. It makes me automatically swings my weapon when I CLEARLY held the button down to keep lunging

  • Attacks swing from right to left. Whoever is closest to the swing takes the hit. Aim to the side. That's it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144496#Comment_1144496

    They literally said in the stream if aim dressing makes you miss a hit you need to report it

    How could it be a bug if the idea itself allows for it to happen

    Aim Dressing doesnt check if there are obstacles in the way of the swing, so it can make you hit walls

    It also makes it impossible for you to account for latency in your attacks, as it "corrects" your swing without accounting for it.

    TL;DR: no matter how much devs will fix Aim Dressing, it will be always "bugged", as most bugs are just caused by latency

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144491#Comment_1144491

    Ahh did they change it? I remember seeing a Mod or maybe a Dev use the term animation enhancement a couple months ago or so. Didn't know they changed the name since then.

    Yeah, they changed it recently, 1.5 months ago or so.

    No idea why but ok

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145199#Comment_1145199

    How could it be a bug if the idea itself allows for it to happen

    Aim Dressing doesnt check if there are obstacles in the way of the swing, so it can make you hit walls

    It also makes it impossible for you to account for latency in your attacks, as it "corrects" your swing without accounting for it.

    TL;DR: no matter how much devs will fix Aim Dressing, it will be always "bugged", as most bugs are just caused by latency

    YIKES, It's like you guys don't pay attention or something.

    It's a bug, they explain it, has nothing to do with latency, it's only supposed to happen on hits the game has already said is going to happen

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousPlumpBulgogiTheThing

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145429#Comment_1145429

    YIKES, It's like you guys don't pay attention or something.

    It's a bug, they explain it, has nothing to do with latency, it's only supposed to happen on hits the game has already said is going to happen

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousPlumpBulgogiTheThing

    Do you eve know how it works

    Killer asks survivior his position, decides if he is in the "attack range", then killer attacks, game ADJUSTST HIS ANIMATION, killer asks for the position AGAIN, decides if survivior is in range again, CHECKS IF THERE ARE OBSTACLES IN THE WAY and then decides if its a hit.

    This means that the Aim Dressing does, and is designed to adjusts your animation even if the attack WILL NOT HIT, because there are obstacles in the way.

    And even if there are no obstacles, Aim Dressing DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR LAG. This means that when survivior leaves the range after you start a lunge (with DH or SB) your attack can be STOPPED HALFWAY, because the game thinks survivior is still there.

    Its not a bug, the system itself is flawed

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145462#Comment_1145462

    Do you eve know how it works

    Killer asks survivior his position, decides if he is in the "attack range", then killer attacks, game ADJUSTST HIS ANIMATION, killer asks for the position AGAIN, decides if survivior is in range again, CHECKS IF THERE ARE OBSTACLES IN THE WAY and then decides if its a hit.

    This means that the Aim Dressing does, and is designed to adjusts your animation even if the attack WILL NOT HIT, because there are obstacles in the way.

    And even if there are no obstacles, Aim Dressing DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR LAG. This means that when survivior leaves the range after you start a lunge (with DH or SB) your attack can be STOPPED HALFWAY, because the game thinks survivior is still there.

    Its not a bug, the system itself is flawed

    I guess you missed the clip where they said if you miss when aim dressing happens it's a bug, either way, you clearly understand this game better than the devs so I can see why you're ignoring what the devs say, I do apologise oh holy grand master of aim dressing.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145499#Comment_1145499

    I guess you missed the clip where they said if you miss when aim dressing happens it's a bug, either way, you clearly understand this game better than the devs so I can see why you're ignoring what the devs say, I do apologise oh holy grand master of aim dressing.

    Well obviously devs will answer "just report it" when they dont see the problem and do not plan on fixing it.

    Instead of fixing hitboxes and reducing the mistake margin that is made even bigger by latency, devs want to implement lag prediction system. We dont know any details yet, but if its going to be and upgrade to Aim Dressing, then we will and up with real Auto Aim

    I dont know the game better than devs, what I said was based on what devs said.