Where can I apply to become a mod?
@not_Queen or @Peanits, where can I apply?
You guys clearly need help.
I volunteer and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You guys clearly need help.
I volunteer and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Comments
Is it wrong that I know what this is from having seen it several years back?
Thanks for the update on that.
I've been super sick since my last post so I never got the chance to be serious about the topic and you beat me to it.
But what I'd been intending to say was that all kidding aside if any of us become mods then we'd have to stop insulting anyone. We'd also have to not post meme's, gifs or anything else we enjoy doing because we'd be representing BHVR.
As a former site admin across multiple sites and moderator on countless others I understand that completely. I do have to admit that it's been nice to be able to relax these last few years and trash talk with people. But I guess I've got to start being responsible again if I want to help make this place better.
So in the future there'll be no more of these types of things below ( hopefully hehe)
On a more serious note I'm also deleting all my gifs and memes I've used on here since that way I'm not tempted to use them. Ok I can't resist one last attempt at sarcasm here so INCOMING !!!!
If I don't get to be a mod then let the sarcastic posting continue !!!!!
I saw the Mod position and i decided to take it. Thanks
my qualifications? i can speak gibberish and entity. Also sometimes play dbd drunk
Oh no! ;3
I only speak English as well (not counting the five French words I remember from school). Back when I got into this, I didn't have any experience either. Then before I knew it I ended up as a mod for Dead by Daylight and PAYDAY 2. So never say never. <--- That's my favourite Justin Bieber movie.
I would be tempted to say that more than anything, attitude is what makes or breaks it. Experience can help, but the way you act helps way more.
Can confirm, moderators are volunteers, not a paid position.
@Lowbei
Don't at me, I didn't sass you, what you talking about, me no speak English.
Fine by me. I'm still up for it.
Ah I wish. It's a scary balance because if you're too sassy people freak out. Been there done that.
I dont treat the mods here or anywhere any different than I would anyone else. What’s a bannable offense to anyone else is a bannable offense to a mod, and what’s not a bannable offense to anyone else is not to a mod as well.
I’ve had quite a few arguments with Peanits on both Steam and here, and I think one on Steam with you as well Ryuti. You’re great people.
Well that's what they told you...need to negotiate maaaaaaannnn!
Sister all you had to do was ask.
You aren't a fully fledged mod until you put @Lowbei behind bars at least one time.
Because i just had to with your post @Ryuti, it simply begged for something funny in response.
Probably but knowing him he'd let himself out just so he can throw himself behind bars again. Then he'd simply rinse and repeat it for amusement sake.
If one of us becomes a mod, we have to use this:

That's epic or when we shut down a spam thread we use this.
We're totally going to get turned down now that we've gone POWER MAD !!!!!!
The people over at BHVR are probably wondering what they unleashed with the responses in this thread now.
I wonder if we can use memes as mods.
@Peanits are you allowed to use memes?
Yes inquiring minds want to know since if we can't we're going to use them all up before we get tob e mods just in case. Now granted that if we get to be mods, psst here's the bribe I promised ssssshhh.
I think we´d be cool mods. With a dark sense of humor. Fitting for this game.
Not_Queen used two meme’s here in this thread, so I’m guessing that’s a yes.
She probably had to sacrifice a lot of survivors to the Entity to get permission though.
Isn't kind of unusual to have regular forum posters as mods on an official forum? Obviously it's just asking for bias and what not.
IDGAF about this forum just sayin is all. In my experience official forums hire actual professional type people to be mods.
/shrug
I´m a professional. I´ve been asked here twice for marriage. And i didn´t accept these generous offers, because it could cause a conflict of interest.
(also my wife would probably kill me...)
Not really. I had no moderating experience prior to getting hired. I was just a normal player that's been playing since beta, and was active in the community, both on Twitch and on the Steam forums.
All the mods that were chosen were people who just loved the game and wanted to help out in the community. Having experience is definitely a huge plus though.
This is true and most places actually get people who're involved in the community to be volunteer mods. The ones they hire like @not_Queen are given much more power and responsibility.
Missed opportunity...

Well this thread died quickly, long live the mod discussion !!!!!