Where can I apply to become a mod?
@not_Queen or @Peanits, where can I apply?
You guys clearly need help.
I volunteer and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You guys clearly need help.
I volunteer and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Comments
I just enjoy being a clown on this forum once in a while.
Speaking of Clowns, where is the clown profile picture? Its been months.
Oh and we're off topic again.
I agree with the being a clown once in awhile is nice and the mods are really sneaky since if no one noticed what happened.
I want to apply too.
During the 'Clowning' around regarding the PlayStation certification process of 2018, there were posts asking for compensation. The true OG, @not_Queen , shut the thread down like a Tier 3 Tombstone Myers with only one gen repaired. But then there were threads following this up saying that it was just another display of the Developers not caring about the community. But hey, unnecessary counterpoint, but people didn't seem to care for @not_Queen and her want to detach her work from her personal life yet people harassed her during streams. And she wasn't even at fault, everyone unrelated to the coding of the game was not at fault. But they deserve props for turning the situation around and now being able to look to the future again.
So, being sassy is a risky thing as a mod. There's no doubt I'd tread very lightly during my first few days if I became a mod but it'd be something to ease into. The other mods would need to teach me how to meme in controlled portions as to not upset anyone.
You just had to go there didn't you? I figured it'd come from @Lowbei 1st or perhaps @fcc2014 but you beat them to the punch.
Ummmm Thanks?!?! I think she is useless and ducks and covers when things go wrong. BTW i unlike others have never watched her stream or harassed her on it. For me it isn't a personnel vendetta it is my honest opinion of her as the community manager. We have so much passion and commitment from people in this community do you not think we could get someone more engaging?
But not everyone understands irony. Some people might get offended. People get offended by everything these days.
Agreed, sadly sarcasm, humour et al don't translate really well over the internet all the time.
Im still applying tho.> @powerbats said:
I mean i can only see the text. Sarcasm is transmitter though voice and face . Unless you put s/ or a similar thing. Its pretty undestandable at least for me it is.
You found us out, meddling kids.
Having a lot of time is always nice but dedication to being as good member of the community is more important. I've seen cuntless mods who had plenty of time but were complete jerks while others with little time were better and vice versa.
That's a shame.I think you'd be a pretty good mod since you're easily one of the most positive people on the forums.
I'd like to be a mod. I really like the game and I think it'd be cool to help out where I can and, since I'm finished with school, I have time to look around the forums. I can be rough with my comments here and there, though. I'd probably have to reel myself in a bit if I became a mod.
Damn, totally missed out on that. Got a screenshot?
Who is it, who is it?!
(I would not recommend doing it just for a shirt. If you're doing it for some cosmetic, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.)
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were, just a general message to everyone. I probably should have made it a little more clear so it didn't sound like I was calling you out. My bad.
very good photoshop tho
That's good and I'm sure there's some who'd do it only for the free goodies. I've yet to play her but she is next on my to master list.
No offense taken.
Don´t worry.
The way i learned was to place s/ (uppercase or not is irrelevante) when being sarcastic AT the END OF THE SENTENCE and it works wonders too.
Completely forgot about that one. Edgy blue Nea is still best Nea ;p
On a serious note. Someone asked if the forums will be harsher because of some mods behaviour. My question is the opposite: does being a mod prevent you to participate in controversial threads? It might sound silly, but I have the feel I don't see mods that often on steam for example, I know they are active behind the scene, but it's like they censor themselves on purpose to not give a bad impression of their team...
I don't think mods purposely avoid controversial topics, I know I never did and Steam is a different beast. What I generally did as well as my fellow mods was on controversial threads we acted as parents so to speak. We only stepped in when the children were getting out of hand.As long as they weren't arguing too loudly or hitting each other it was fine.
The same is true for forum discussions, you generally let them run their course and step in when a line or lines get crossed or it get derailed too much. You gently steer it back on course and to a more civilized area (hopefully). IF you can't get it to where it should be or it gets too derailed then you close it with the reason why.
Most of the time people understand and will calm down for a time until the next thread degenerates into aflame war. Then you rinse and repeat as best you can while trying to infuse humour and levity into it. If all else fails then warnings and bans ensue but those are a rarely used last resort reserved for the worst of the worst.
Hasn't stopped me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
The rule is basically that you gotta' be a good example. You're free to post as you want, but you also need to make sure that you're constructive and civil about it, because you have to lead by example.
I wish that future modders see this and adopt it in their behaviours.
Will you guys make a thread or somesuch for when you need new volutary mods? Because i really enjoy DBD and i would like to help a bit (i can't be very active tho because im using an very old PC tho).
When it's time, it will be officially announced.
NICE. cant wait.
Get torches and pitchforks ready if I don't get picked.
I mean that's cool and hopefully it's sooner rather than later.
Get torches and pitchforks ready if I don't get picked.
I mean that's cool and hopefully it's sooner rather than later. > @Baphomett said:
Touche
NO thats my place shoooo... (im just joking around of course)
Thanks a lot for your answers!
Oh, that reminds me. A thing "I" (any mod) could do - that I saw in a zetetic forum, where the mods were also part of the controversial threads - is to differenciate regular answers from "mod" answers with a "mod" tag (between brackets, like a bold/italic tag) so that at one point people know what they can discuss without worry (because it's the player who talks) and what is a neutral mod answer with the purpose to calm down any derailed thread!
I think it's a good tip for anyone that wants to apply to be a mod but is afraid to how they should behave. But I guess, if they weren't banned yet, they already have a proper behaviour?
That's a neat idea. We have something a little different currently, where our warnings and such go through a private system (at most, showing a "This person was warned for this." message on their post). But I could definitely see that sort of thing being useful while trying to get a thread back on topic. You should stick that in forum feedback.
We'd definitely check for any bans first. That's almost an instant no. Although if it's been a long time since someone was banned and they have improved their behavior since, we could forgive 'em.
That´s something i wanted to ask. If someone can become a mod after getting a temp ban.