Kinda funny that only 4% of the killer roster is viable at high skill level play lmao
its really sad because I really like trapper but 2-3 gens go when I set my traps and they all disarm them anyway
its really sad because I really like trapper but 2-3 gens go when I set my traps and they all disarm them anyway
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Welcome to DbD: Survivor Edition
My advice for trapper: group your traps in an area and keep the gens in that area incomplete. Don't put too many traps in the open or obvious spots.
The math doesn't add up.
"only 4%"...
Sure Buddy. Meanwhile there are Streamers who are Rank 1 with Pig or (old) Doctor every season. But I guess you were talking about those two Killers?
Not to be that guy, but if they disarm all your traps it means you really need to reconsider your trap placement.
I got annihilated yesterday by a rank 1 trapper. I got my "catch 4/5/etc survivors in bear traps in one trial" challenges against red rank survivors. It can be done, I dunno if you watch Otz but he uses some extremely good trap locations (and a few cheap ones, lol)
Some people don't main one or two killers, but can play as all of them decently, if not well.
Most people will not master every killer in the game to the degree of Monto, Tru3, or Otz (even though I think all of them still have a way to go with certain killers... main ex. being Legion).
That being said, the killers that have the best chance right now are: Nurse, Billy, and Spirit (although it's debatable with the Spirit nerf). Most of the players specialize in those ones. You'll see the occasional Huntress and Oni, but that's about it.
Who are these 0,72 killers? Or the other way round: how about not telling lies?
4 percent? What the hell 😂
Viable according to who? Because I could point you to a rank 1 trapper to pwns face all the time.
It used to be 1 killer build that was viable in red ranks (spirit with ruin, prayer beads and ebony mori) but two of those things got a nerf so now we only have 0.72 viable killers. If moris get nerfed we might only have 0.3 viable killers, it's a disgrace.
Maybe 1/3 of Killers are viable in red ranks. Billy, Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, Huntress.
Kind of hard to do when you have a P3 Claudette shadow your every move, ready to disarm every trap you set.
Run whispers so u know if ur near survivors or not
I play every killer and do fine at rank 1
my favorite killer the pig cant remember the last time i had entity displeased so there is a bit of a plan that goes into a match
that's really just an opinion , I've been maining legion at rank 1 this past two weeks and I'm doing alright .(not winning every game but that's how it be)
I do, but it still hard to find her. Its also pretty easy for them to stay out of LOS when there are many trees and objects on the map. Rather than trying to find her, I'd go patrol gens and she'd disarm them all as soon as I get in a chase. If I stayed to look for her they'd finish gens.
Its why I like play Wraith with fast movement speed and walk hack addons. She can't hide muahahahahaha.
Freddy, Ghostface, Doctor, Spirit, Nurse, Piggywiggy, Freddy Oni, Plague (if used correctly) and Billy are absolutely R1 viable. So 4% is definitely off.
However, Trapper, Hag, Legion, Leatherface, and Demogorgon need buffs.
Idk where I stand on Huntress and Wraith.
Demo and hag are pretty much fine. Legion is a pipping machine.
well, if they get disarmed asap you eigther had someone stalking you or you need to improve your trap locations.
he is still a viable choice, but i wont disagree that he has it a lot harder than others.
i would definitely recommend Corrupt Intervention on him to help you out at the start.
Sounds awful. Have you ever considered changing your play style? Playing survivor is so stressful and takes hours to become good. Killer not so much so maybe you need to derank and get some more practice? I don’t know but I hope this helps. ;)
Demo and Hag take too long to set up imo. And Legion can't get kills without tunnelling.
So you are saying the ruin nerf didn’t impact your ability to do well at all? But that goes against everything killers are saying so I’m confused. Or maybe you just are good at game and don’t rely on crutch perks?
How would you alleviate their set up time?
If Demo started off with one portal on the other side of the map, across from it, that would help. That way he doesn't have to run all around the map to set up where he wants to go, and also can potentially set up an ambush as survivors won't know where that first portal is.
Hag might be ok if she moved at 115% until she lays down 3 or more traps.
Legion's screwed unless they they a rework.
Those are pretty good ideas
Ofcourse old ruin was a strong perk but i never relied on it only when i was a baby killer i used it a lot
i personally like perks like pop or perks that help me in a chase much beter
Math doesn't add up...
Okay. So put traps in places where they're unlikely to be disarmed.
Every killer is "viable" at every rank, the fact that you decide to stick with the big 3 (Freddy, Billy, Nurse) is your problem
There's not even a way that your math adds up it's literally impossible
Besides, here's a list of red rank viable killers when played properly, considering "red ranks" and "good players" are a very different thing:
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Killers
I don't know, man, only complain I have about traps is people escaping them after first try and dead hard through them so it's YOU who gets trapped, not them (minor complain about disability to reset traps when you have one already).
Also I've taken a rank 1 with the pig as well :| Things aren't that grim.
It's actually a 27.7777777777% chance. The viable killers would be:
-Nurse
-Spirit
-Huntress
-Hillbilly
-Ghost Face
People are still saying this nonsense? I've run Michael, Trapper, Huntress, Wraith, and Doc in red ranks.
And I've seen Pigs, Hags, Leatherfaces, Demogorgons, Plagues.... actually every killer win in red ranks. So..... no. this whole thread is based on a false premise
That's almost perfect but doc is super good now, and wraith can be good with add ons.