Face camping penalty please

So proxy camping can arguably be necessary as survivors often are already in the area waiting to unhook. Especially with a good headgear and the sound of pitter patter near by as you hook.

But I literally just had a doctor sit face to face with his first victim in The first hook of the game until they died which gave us time to do gens (minus his buddy who sat and waited like a potato.

Does some camping on the second survivor he finds, until the 3rd went for the save and then chased him. I fixed 3 gens and cleanse 3 totems. Get downed by NOED and die on hook. Only one made it out alive.

I did my best to get work done while he was occupied but I wasnt running with a tool box and I'm not the best at finding skill checks when they move, but I didn't get to really do anything to earn bloodpoints that match. Altruism was a bunk since the killer sat right in front of his hooks and my only boldness was the totems..... Or standing near the killer which is a water of time.

Not only does face camping destroy the camped survivors fun but greatly hinders the other survivors from getting points as well. At the end of the match the killer some how accured 25k bloodpoints whole the surviving player only got 17k. I was at 13k and again I did majority of the gens. This literally makes it look like the killer is awarded for such a gameplay when he did nothing while everyone else playing smart are penalized. Is it so hard to subtract points from like brutality or hooks when they are 0.1m away from the hook staring at it? Or at least giving the hooked survivor some distraction points (altruism)?

I don't think killers should be able to earn above 15k when they are face camping for so long. It really just ruins the game.

**Post edit after reading some bad commenters**

I'll just keep ruining the game for new players, hopefully the player pool isn't affected. But thanks for defending my choice by saying it's legitimate.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Facecamping is either trolling, stupidity or a last resort. It's only effective if people push the save and hook dive.

    It can be annoying but it's an easy win in most cases, doesn't really need punishing anymore.

  • Face camping can't be punished anymore than it already is. It requires no skill and you will only be punishing yourself in the long run because you won't get any better as a killer without challenging yourself.

    However it is not breaking the rules of the game. But it is ego driven or done for salt. If you need to resort to this tactic you are probably struggling to find and catch survivors. And perhaps can't accept defeat. But you will only pip so much with this style of play and will never be an optimal killer.

  • @namjuunn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000489#Comment_1000489

    That happened a couple of times when I was playing with my friend. It was annoying bc the killer didn't really care about others until the one dude he was chasing is dead so he can move on to the next one. I personally dont like it bc it does ruin the fun sometimes when you get killed literally in the first 5 minutes of the game.

    Yeah I can't stand tunneling and camping killers. They always go for the weakest link, like they're already trying to learn the game and your just going tunnel them out of the game in 5 minutes because you can't catch anyone else.

    And I have been a killer for seven devotions on PS4 so I understand the challenge. Killer is extremely difficult, especially at high ranks. But playing as fair as possible has yielded most of my survivor friends from mutual respect on post game chats.

  • If you don't want to bring borrowed time that's on you.

    And for the record, I am also a very wealthy engineer who codes mind breaking programs everyday for an exuberant rate 🙄

  • NOED is half of the problem. Campers always have NOED, so they know that if the other survivors do the gens in that camping time then the killer can still cheese another kill or two at the end game. The remaining survivors won’t have time to do gens and totems.

    It’s also ridiculous that survivors lose points for bot unhooking a survivor. This penalty shouldn’t be applied if the killer has circled within 8-16m of the hook for the entire duration.

  • There is already a very OP counter to face camping. It is just up to the survivors to use it.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000783#Comment_1000783

    Yeah I can't stand tunneling and camping killers. They always go for the weakest link, like they're already trying to learn the game and your just going tunnel them out of the game in 5 minutes because you can't catch anyone else.

    And I have been a killer for seven devotions on PS4 so I understand the challenge. Killer is extremely difficult, especially at high ranks. But playing as fair as possible has yielded most of my survivor friends from mutual respect on post game chats.

    I find it difficult to play as a killer so I dont really bother but sometimes I just cant get it why dudes be camping and tunneling around one survivor :/

  • The penalty is genrush.

  • That's unfortunate and it's an awful feeling seeing it but that's exactly why I carry Kindred. Too many face camping experiences made me do it

  • Should survivors not be able to stand in certain areas too? Perhaps a penalty for camping the exit gate wating for the last gen to be finished? But..this is probably just trolling.

    Camping is not even a good strategy for a killer, so survivors should be happy that camping exists and promote it not complain about it.

  • You all probably paid the price for others gen rushing previous games and the killer took it out on your group to secure kills. Expect to more of that post Ruin

  • @namjuunn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000913#Comment_1000913

    I find it difficult to play as a killer so I dont really bother but sometimes I just cant get it why dudes be camping and tunneling around one survivor :/

    Most of the time it's cause they lack confidence to win chases and hook survivors.

    But with good loopers and constant gen work tunneling will actually lose them the game.

    Some do it for the salt.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    So proxy camping can arguably be necessary as survivors often are already in the area waiting to unhook. Especially with a good headgear and the sound of pitter patter near by as you hook.

    But I literally just had a doctor sit face to face with his first victim in The first hook of the game until they died which gave us time to do gens (minus his buddy who sat and waited like a potato.

    Does some camping on the second survivor he finds, until the 3rd went for the save and then chased him. I fixed 3 gens and cleanse 3 totems. Get downed by NOED and die on hook. Only one made it out alive.

    I did my best to get work done while he was occupied but I wasnt running with a tool box and I'm not the best at finding skill checks when they move, but I didn't get to really do anything to earn bloodpoints that match. Altruism was a bunk since the killer sat right in front of his hooks and my only boldness was the totems..... Or standing near the killer which is a water of time.

    Not only does face camping destroy the camped survivors fun but greatly hinders the other survivors from getting points as well. At the end of the match the killer some how accured 25k bloodpoints whole the surviving player only got 17k. I was at 13k and again I did majority of the gens. This literally makes it look like the killer is awarded for such a gameplay when he did nothing while everyone else playing smart are penalized. Is it so hard to subtract points from like brutality or hooks when they are 0.1m away from the hook staring at it? Or at least giving the hooked survivor some distraction points (altruism)?

    I don't think killers should be able to earn above 15k when they are face camping for so long. It really just ruins the game.

    where is the penalty for 2 gens popping when I get my first down when I got no ruin after this update

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120815/face-camping-penalty-please

    where is the penalty for 2 gens popping when I get my first down when I got ruin?

    Also, where it the penalty for abusing god windows, and safe loops?

    @Psypho_Diaz you would see a lot less killers inclined to camp if survivors didn't have endless safe loops, god windows, and second chances at their disposal. Don't complain to killer, complain to the devs.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001917#Comment_1001917

    Also, where it the penalty for abusing god windows, and safe loops?

    @Psypho_Diaz you would see a lot less killers inclined to camp if survivors didn't have endless safe loops, god windows, and second chances at their disposal. Don't complain to killer, complain to the devs.

    you showed me I had an error in my comment thnk you lol but yeah I agree

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000572#Comment_1000572

    Since you're very and extremely obviously a new player, I'll explain this in the simplest terms possible.

    There are only two scenarios where the killer in question got 25k bloodpoints.

    1. He camped someone, and the rest of your team mindlessly fed themselves to him like bots (aka - giving them what they want, and a reason to camp more in the future) and farmed eachother over and over so he got multiple hooks and sacrifices..OR..
    2. He wasn't camping.

    If a killer got 25k points from camping, the fault lies ENTIRELY on the survivors who fed themselves to him on a silver platter. So, good job. You did it to yourself. You don't get 25k points from camping one person, and you don't get the amount of hooks required to GET 25k points from camping, unless the team offers themselves to the killer by bum rushing hooks, which is what I'm betting you did.

    Just stop, you're making yourself look really bad.

    Case in point: I had a match the other night that I found satisfying because I happen to be playing with one of my gen rush builds (Mither, Resilience, Prove Thyself, Kindred + Commodius/Extra Charge Add-Ons) when a LF downed and camped someone at the start of the match. I finished a gen after the person was downed and thanks to Kindred knew he was getting hard camped and found another survivor to finish 2+ more gens with while he was on the hook. Shortly after that player died, there was 1 gen left. Another ran him around for a short bit (didn't take me and the other much time at all to fix the last gen) & the 3 of us escaped. That killer got close to 7K.

  • Just face camped to prove my point. They got to last gen and I had already camped through 2 hooks. Some guy was running no mither so he was an easy down. Ended up with 4k despite them doing gens, maybe because I camped the second one in the middle of last three gens and they couldn't do it time.

    I got 22k BPS while top survivor only got 14k. How else could they earn BPS if I'm not chasing or letting them unhook? I even pipped up.

    So I think I'll do this and ruin the game for others, hmmm hopefully they don't quit playing. Would be difficult to play an online only game with no players to play against.

    Ooo yea I'm facecamping with NOED and Rancor too. So EGC is guaranteeing me another hook.

  • Some food for thought, is depipping and staying at low ranks really a punishment? I mean they stay with new survivors who don't know better where this strat works best and keep harvesting an easy 20k+ BPS? While continueing to ruin the game for new players?

    If that is the punishment, than wow! Real effective

  • camping and tunneling is a viable strat.. when the game starts the survivors have all the momentum until one of them dies. Once that happens the tide begins to shift into the killers favour.

  • The biggest problem here is the people who say to "just do gens".

    What reason does the camped person have to not just kill themselves? None. They get absolutely nothing out of it.

    9 times out of 10, they just kill themselves and I can't blame them, easily leading killers to 3k and 4k games.

  • @Zixology said:

    The biggest problem here is the people who say to "just do gens".

    What reason does the camped person have to not just kill themselves? None. They get absolutely nothing out of it.

    9 times out of 10, they just kill themselves and I can't blame them, easily leading killers to 3k and 4k games.

    Exactly, and what every sweaty player who defends this strategy is missing from my OP is the fact that just doing gens and escaping only gives me 12-15k points anyway. There is no option for altruistic points and only 5 totems for bold points. The killer is essentially capping my points at 50%. That is my problem.

  • If your team does gens the penalty is that killer immediately loses, why is this so hard for survivors to understand?! No wonder the game is being watered down so heavily if survivors have such sheer difficulty with "1+2 = ?" Level problems. It's so easy I love getting facecamped with kindred equipped, it singlehandedly beats the killer

  • @Eye66 said:

    If your team does gens the penalty is that killer immediately loses, why is this so hard for survivors to understand?! No wonder the game is being watered down so heavily if survivors have such sheer difficulty with "1+2 = ?" Level problems. It's so easy I love getting facecamped with kindred equipped, it singlehandedly beats the killer

    K well I'll continue to ruin the game for players, you continue to enjoy long wait times and when this games player pool gets so low that you can't join a match anymore. We will all move on to the next game. Fair?

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1002996#Comment_1002996

    K well I'll continue to ruin the game for players, you continue to enjoy long wait times and when this games player pool gets so low that you can't join a match anymore. We will all move on to the next game. Fair?

    Survivors have to worry about waittimes because their crying over easily countered tactics are getting killers nerfed so hard that most of them are quitting. I'll be getting instant ques as one of the few high rank killers

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001723#Comment_1001723

    Most of the time it's cause they lack confidence to win chases and hook survivors.

    But with good loopers and constant gen work tunneling will actually lose them the game.

    Some do it for the salt.

    For me, since I suck at playing a killer, sometimes be difficult to even hit the survivor when theyre circling around in maps like coldwind farm. But ususally killers are toxic tbh and salty , im sorry

  • Please remember to keep comments civil. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but comments should be constructive and not be directed at other users.

  • @EZ5k said:

    Back in my day, facecamping meant ZERO chance of a rescue. Now you have multiple perks and plays specifically built around hook diving. Git gud

    old Trapper could facecamp from across the map with a single trap. the good old days

  • @Tohmo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000528#Comment_1000528

    old Trapper could facecamp from across the map with a single trap. the good old days

    *Boomer Chuckles Mask intensifies*

  • @katoptris said:

    If all he did is face camp he depipped himself.

    Imagine someone cares about pips.

  • A lot of people here just did not read the post at all huh

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    Some food for thought, is depipping and staying at low ranks really a punishment? I mean they stay with new survivors who don't know better where this strat works best and keep harvesting an easy 20k+ BPS? While continueing to ruin the game for new players?

    If that is the punishment, than wow! Real effective

    Yes, because new players should expect to get dumped on anyways.

    Sacrificing the 2000+ hour survivors like they are noobs is way more rewarding, and way more salty.

  • @namjuunn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001913#Comment_1001913

    For me, since I suck at playing a killer, sometimes be difficult to even hit the survivor when theyre circling around in maps like coldwind farm. But ususally killers are toxic tbh and salty , im sorry

    Just remember toxicity is on the individual not the particular side they play.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    Legit strat imo there's many ways altruistic survivors can get the guy off the hook including that 1 perk that gives em a extra hit if the killer wants to camp 1 guy he can suffer as more gens get repaired if anything add 1 more Gen or onli a 2 hook game over ;)

    Not against doctor. While in treatment mode he can short spam m1 (or R2 or whatever it is for xbox) and get an instant grab even if the survivor tries to fake the unhook. Doc is the only killer who's able to do this. Fotunately, this silly mechanic will finally be gone in a few days.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    So proxy camping can arguably be necessary as survivors often are already in the area waiting to unhook. Especially with a good headgear and the sound of pitter patter near by as you hook.

    But I literally just had a doctor sit face to face with his first victim in The first hook of the game until they died which gave us time to do gens (minus his buddy who sat and waited like a potato.

    Does some camping on the second survivor he finds, until the 3rd went for the save and then chased him. I fixed 3 gens and cleanse 3 totems. Get downed by NOED and die on hook. Only one made it out alive.

    I did my best to get work done while he was occupied but I wasnt running with a tool box and I'm not the best at finding skill checks when they move, but I didn't get to really do anything to earn bloodpoints that match. Altruism was a bunk since the killer sat right in front of his hooks and my only boldness was the totems..... Or standing near the killer which is a water of time.

    Not only does face camping destroy the camped survivors fun but greatly hinders the other survivors from getting points as well. At the end of the match the killer some how accured 25k bloodpoints whole the surviving player only got 17k. I was at 13k and again I did majority of the gens. This literally makes it look like the killer is awarded for such a gameplay when he did nothing while everyone else playing smart are penalized. Is it so hard to subtract points from like brutality or hooks when they are 0.1m away from the hook staring at it? Or at least giving the hooked survivor some distraction points (altruism)?

    I don't think killers should be able to earn above 15k when they are face camping for so long. It really just ruins the game.

    **Post edit after reading some bad commenters**

    I'll just keep ruining the game for new players, hopefully the player pool isn't affected. But thanks for defending my choice by saying it's legitimate.

    While I agree camping is annoying, you can't blame the killer once the Exit Gates are powered on. 😁

  • True in this game there no point in pipping.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    A lot of people here just did not read the post at all huh

    No they didn't, and apparently calling them out on their illiteracy gets you a warning.

    #Murica where uneducated.... Sorry non-factual opinions still hold weight.

  • @drimmalor said:

    Please remember to keep comments civil. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but comments should be constructive and not be directed at other users.

    Just quote instead

  • It's just like with alcohol it's not a problem just don't get hooked.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003295#Comment_1003295

    No they didn't, and apparently calling them out on their illiteracy gets you a warning.

    #Murica where uneducated.... Sorry non-factual opinions still hold weight.

    We all read the posts. Just because people proved you wrong and countered your argument doesn't mean you should be salty. And you should put respect on America's name

  • Camping is perfect where it is. High risk high reward tactic to use with bot survivors that swarm the hook

  • @dbdVeteran said:

    Camping should be toxic reportable behaviour.

    Instead is an encouraged tactic, with even builds dedicated to it with specific perks.

    And is what you see in every DbD tournament: once a surv is on the hook, that has to die there OR lure 2 other survs to get 3 injuried.

    Do the gens and hope for the best.

    That's like saying unhooking should be toxic behavior. If they camp, do gens or start bringing BT.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    So proxy camping can arguably be necessary as survivors often are already in the area waiting to unhook. Especially with a good headgear and the sound of pitter patter near by as you hook.

    But I literally just had a doctor sit face to face with his first victim in The first hook of the game until they died which gave us time to do gens (minus his buddy who sat and waited like a potato.

    Does some camping on the second survivor he finds, until the 3rd went for the save and then chased him. I fixed 3 gens and cleanse 3 totems. Get downed by NOED and die on hook. Only one made it out alive.

    I did my best to get work done while he was occupied but I wasnt running with a tool box and I'm not the best at finding skill checks when they move, but I didn't get to really do anything to earn bloodpoints that match. Altruism was a bunk since the killer sat right in front of his hooks and my only boldness was the totems..... Or standing near the killer which is a water of time.

    Not only does face camping destroy the camped survivors fun but greatly hinders the other survivors from getting points as well. At the end of the match the killer some how accured 25k bloodpoints whole the surviving player only got 17k. I was at 13k and again I did majority of the gens. This literally makes it look like the killer is awarded for such a gameplay when he did nothing while everyone else playing smart are penalized. Is it so hard to subtract points from like brutality or hooks when they are 0.1m away from the hook staring at it? Or at least giving the hooked survivor some distraction points (altruism)?

    I don't think killers should be able to earn above 15k when they are face camping for so long. It really just ruins the game.

    **Post edit after reading some bad commenters**

    I'll just keep ruining the game for new players, hopefully the player pool isn't affected. But thanks for defending my choice by saying it's legitimate.

    Face camp is a strategy

  • Dude face camping doesn't exist anymore, you can unhook survivors in multiple directions now and not to mention perks like BT, DS and Kindred all counter any killer standing near hooks. Just get better at the game and quit blaming the killer for doing what they need to do to kill survivors off.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    Legit strat imo there's many ways altruistic survivors can get the guy off the hook including that 1 perk that gives em a extra hit if the killer wants to camp 1 guy he can suffer as more gens get repaired if anything add 1 more Gen or onli a 2 hook game over ;)

    Maybe against most killers, but it's impossible to save, or even trade if a Doctor is facecamping. At least for now, it won't be possible in the new patch because of his rework.

  • Run kindred or BT and boom, problem solved. Face camping is annoying, but so is gen rushing and survivors who camp for hook rescues... I know this because I used to be one of those survivors who camped hook rescues. Just follow the killer and get my 25% stackable thanks to WGLF.

    The penalty for face camping is a 1k game if the team is any kind of decent, and most killers would stop face camping once they realize they are only getting 1k per game.

  • Running kindred, BT or DS still doesn't help survivors pip the match or raise the 15k cap.

    If I'm not being camped, and only work on gens: I'm still capped at 8k for objective and 5k for survival. The killer holds my points and pips hostage. Doing the right thing in this situation doesn't really reward me. That was my original point, sorry if illiteracy prevents you from understanding.

    But because a large portion of this community is.... Well we all know, I'll just feed the killer by going for saves or camp as killer. At least I'll get more points feeding an arse than just avoiding there issue as a survivor. As the killer, I'll just make the problem more extreme, ruining the game for new players in the process.

    Most people have lives and don't play like they spent 1k hours playing.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    So proxy camping can arguably be necessary as survivors often are already in the area waiting to unhook. Especially with a good headgear and the sound of pitter patter near by as you hook.

    But I literally just had a doctor sit face to face with his first victim in The first hook of the game until they died which gave us time to do gens (minus his buddy who sat and waited like a potato.

    Does some camping on the second survivor he finds, until the 3rd went for the save and then chased him. I fixed 3 gens and cleanse 3 totems. Get downed by NOED and die on hook. Only one made it out alive.

    I did my best to get work done while he was occupied but I wasnt running with a tool box and I'm not the best at finding skill checks when they move, but I didn't get to really do anything to earn bloodpoints that match. Altruism was a bunk since the killer sat right in front of his hooks and my only boldness was the totems..... Or standing near the killer which is a water of time.

    Not only does face camping destroy the camped survivors fun but greatly hinders the other survivors from getting points as well. At the end of the match the killer some how accured 25k bloodpoints whole the surviving player only got 17k. I was at 13k and again I did majority of the gens. This literally makes it look like the killer is awarded for such a gameplay when he did nothing while everyone else playing smart are penalized. Is it so hard to subtract points from like brutality or hooks when they are 0.1m away from the hook staring at it? Or at least giving the hooked survivor some distraction points (altruism)?

    I don't think killers should be able to earn above 15k when they are face camping for so long. It really just ruins the game.

    **Post edit after reading some bad commenters**

    I'll just keep ruining the game for new players, hopefully the player pool isn't affected. But thanks for defending my choice by saying it's legitimate.

    Was it a rank 16-20 killer? Because they are notorious for this play style. I chalk it up to not knowing better. If it wasn’t, the person is just a crap player with no skill.


    I saw someone mention that a person on the hooks timer should pause if the killer is within a certain radius of the hook. Like it could be close but not face camp close. This would solve a lot of issues with this. If they did camp, you’d just hang until they got far enough away, but not enter struggle stage.

  • Did you bait the hit and then pull the guy off during the cooldown ?

    Did ur 3rd teammate bodybock ur second hit so noone went down during this bum rush rescue?

    Did you try leading him away or making noise closeby?

    Did everyone use the 2 minutes on hook to do all the gens and then 3 escape?


    Did the first guy click his flashlight and tbag the killer hitting him with stuns or 360 dips until he got upset and face camped him?


    Did the killer have a challenge or archive to do?


    Facecamping is the tamest thing I've herd of... it's almost an afk killer easily overcome with teamwork and I didnt even have to mention the dozen perks that help.

  • I've been running Kindred with all of my builds because it seems like face camping is becoming more and more common. At least this way my teammates can see them doing it and not waste any time trying to save me.

  • So you lost fair and square. Move on.

1 2 3