Borrowed time should be an exhaustion perk
Change my mind.
Change my mind.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I am a killer main. There is no counter to the kind of camping I can bring to the table unless you are SWF.
Or, unless you run kindred, do gens, and leave.
But okay, you camp better than anyone else. People die sooner on the hook with you.
Sure, makes sense.
KEKW.
Lol no it shouldn’t
Nah but it should get a downside for sure... the benefit of borrow is so insanely strong and you have only 1 requirement that is anyway done like dafuq? BBQ is the same but it HAD and even GOT more counterplay to that. Borrow only has one... dont tunnel but what if the unhooked guy bodyblock the ######### out of you? Should you just jump over him or what? xD
That's your fault if you don't notice that. Awareness is something you have bring with.
BT is fine as it is. Stop camping the hook or go for the person unhooking in your face.
No. It doesn't make sense either, why would I be tired from lifting a person off a meat hook. I'm not that weak. And can we stop with unnecessary exhaustion, like the ones with add-ons, Mindbreaker, and Nemisis.
Not necessarily. Sometimes the other Survivor is hiding around a corner out of sight, and if you see nothing, it is possible that as you begin to leave, they immediately make the save. Obviously, that's not always what happens, but there are times where they are just able to make the save right in front of your face before you can hit the rescuer.
You know there is a counter to the current version of borrowed time.
It's called not camping the hook.
So how long would it have an exhaustion effect? 40/50/60? If so, tier 3 BT would be used just as the current BT is used. I say the best way to balance the perk would be to give it an exposed effect for a short duration, and even then I don't see a way to "balance" a perk that balances the game. Without BT you're subject to double hooks, and or a slug to apply pressure for the killer. If BT was an exhaustion perk, the cool-down would have to be 2+ minutes in order to make a change to the current game-play we already have at high tier ranks.
I have no issue with BT as it is currently. Normally it just means I hook the person who went for the farm, or I never even see it because I am not chasing the unhooked person.
At worst cast its end game and I miss a kill out of it. But you win some you lose some. BT can't really be changed because its really the only perk survivors have to prevent killers from tunneling and getting an easy kill. That plus DS encourages killers to chase other people and not just tunnel.
If you wanna talk about DS, I am down to listening, but BT has at most a 20 second timer, if you were in 20 seconds range of that survivor in my opinion you were already to close to the hook to start off with.
You seriously have a problem with Mindbreaker? It's such an awful perk.
I don't think it should cause exhaustion but I think it should be on a cooldown timer of at least 60 seconds.
So when I hit a survivor half the map away and they beeline for the hook, unhook the person on the hook, then deadhard through them so I hit the person they just unhooked, activating BT and continue running away, that's my fault for camping the hook?
good one.
This is the most ridiculous and off-base comment I think I've read so far.
You've never been in a situation where you would attempt lifting a FULL GROWN PERSON, weight ranging from what appears to be 150-250lbs who has been fully impaled on a hook hanging roughly 6 feet off the ground. I guarentee you wouldn't be able to do it without some sense of exertion. Even with adrenaline being a factor, you'd still feel something once the adrenaline wears off.
holy #########.
You are aware my remark was about as serious as them ever getting better servers?
Well.... Not exactly. Insidious counters Borrowed Time if you don't move until after they save.
Perfect for Insidious Leatherface
Good killers would go after the person unhooking.
Change MY mind.
this has been stated multiple times and even played out in a scenario i depicted myself. read the thread before commenting.
Why bother? 95% of what I see on here lately is people calling the devs names or calling each other stupid.
why bother? so you can contribute to the discussion instead of ignorantly spewing nonsense
and in case anyone misconstrues that as an insult, I'm using this definition of ignorant:
"lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing."
Like your original idea? What EXHAUSTION is there to be had with borrowed time? All the other exhaustion perks have the player actively overexerting themselves for a speed benefit.
Your idea taxes people for using a perk that almost seems mandatory because one side is basically forcing them to do so, so rather than nerfing one of the few options Survivors have, how about trying to change how Killers operate as of late?
There is no LORE reason. There is no MECHANICAL reason. This just sounds like a dumb idea that is unfounded, and unnecessary. Go and punish bad Survivors for making stupid plays, or stop trying to camp and tunnel people out of a game.
How about that?
Right, lifting a person off a hook higher than their head who weighs at least half or more than their own body weight while running from a killer displays no output of exertion on the rescuer's behalf.
If you read through the thread, you would have seen the example i gave before where the killer is chasing a survivor from half-map away, who gets a survivor off a hook then proceeds to dead-hard away from an attack. There's no camping in that scenario.
Think before you post, please.
I read through the first page initially.
Now to dismantle your points you have just given me:
Maybe take your own advice and think before you post, please.
first point: Vaulting and dropping from high places are also common things that do not trigger exhaustion normally. Why should one perk be effected with this?
Second Point: You twisted the example I gave you. In the example I used, the survivor was hit, rushed to the hook, unhooked a survivor, **THEN** used dead hard so that the attack that would down them hit the unhooked player instead. There's no camping in this scenario, but just because the killer chased the survivor to the hook, Borrowed time is activated and no one gets downed.
Third point: You didnt defend anything here. You just ignored the scenario I provided and went straight to the main survivor scapegoat of "camping op." I recognize that Camping is an issue and was the whole reason for this perk's initial creation/implementation, however I disagree that 90% of the time BT triggers is because "tHe KiLlEr iS a CaMpInG nOoB"
1) Clearly you missed the comparison. Without Lithe or Balanced Landing, Vaulting or falling from a high place does not impose exhaustion, similar to how unhooking a survivor wouldnt impose exhaustion. With lithe or balanced landing, these things are triggered, the trade being a quick burst of speed for an exhaustion status effect. With borrowed time, the trade off would be guaranteeing a safe unhook for the exhaustion status. As a note, this isnt 100% what the change would have to be, but off the top of my head it's one change that could make sense to me.
2) Do you know what dead hard does? it's not an aim assist problem as the killer cannot hit them during dead hard, and the only accessible hitbox is that of the unhooked survivor.
3) This is a completely different point than your original "dismantling" of camping, in which you cited the description and said "the killer must be close, thereby bad play," supporting the idea of camping. But to comment on the "bad play" aspect, why is chasing a survivor to a hook considered a bad play? Is it because it doesn't allow for the survivor to get a free and easy unhook? That's not how it works. A killer shouldn't be punished because a survivor chooses to make an unsafe play.
On average killer can get 5 hooks before exit gates are powered, if survivors are doing generators. Keeping 4 survivors alive allow survivors to genrush at max speed all match. For killer its like to shoot oneslef in both feet and head.