So these are the survivors the devs are catering to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJKY7eaqdo&feature=youtu.be survivors.png

Is this why the devs are catering to survivors so much? Match didn't even last 1 minute. Spawned in, found someone downed them, heard another survivor went and downed them, heard another nearby survivor and downed them. My point is why are we nerfing killers and perks when survivor's DC because they get outplayed or don't wanna deal with a basic game mechnic?

Comments

  • @MrsMaliciousX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987448#Comment_987448

    i play both 50.50

    and I'll be the first one to say If I'm not having fun in a game, and the killer is doing nothing but tunneling straight off of hook, or is just slugging people. bet your ass i'm gonna dc. Why should I be stuck in a game that I'm not having fun playing?

    Im not a toxic survivor, I don't run DS or any of that #########. Im here to have a fun time and to relax. And if I'm getting potato ass teammates that can't do gens, wont save until struggle stage and killers that are as I said tunneling off of hook or just slugging people. Yep I'm leaving.

    I do agree though that both sides ######### way to much, WAY TO MUCH! Yeah the survivors have DS..which as been nerfed, They have adrenaline kinda like the killers have noed (yup i know do bones) I do but sometimes I may forget one or two, you can't relay on teammates for anything anymore, they dont and wont do them. Idk how many times ive pointed out totems to teammates for them to get because I was maxed out on points but yet they just walk right past it.

    I think the game is pretty ok balanced right now, nothing like it was 2 years ago. But people need to get that "Survivor entitlement" "Killer entitlement" or the "GGez Git Gud" they need to stop doing that #########. THATS why this game is so damn toxic, because people play how they want and Im not saying that its wrong, But survivors shouldn't have to load up a game just to be tunneled off hook face camped or slugged the entire game.

    Im just saying, Killers look at it as a survivor side..would you have fun? Would you want to keep playing?

    I play both equally as well. And I get it, it's no fun being camped or tunneled or slugged. But I also realise the guy on the other side is not playing this game for my enjoyment. I think killers that dc because they are being rolled are babies. I think survivors that dc because the killer isn't playing to make you happy are babies.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987478#Comment_987478

    I play both equally as well. And I get it, it's no fun being camped or tunneled or slugged. But I also realise the guy on the other side is not playing this game for my enjoyment. I think killers that dc because they are being rolled are babies. I think survivors that dc because the killer isn't playing to make you happy are babies.

    im just saying, there would be far less dc'ing and possibly far less toxicity if killers would just chill a little bit.

    Do you know how many people said once ruin changes go live they are camping/tunneling/slugging just because they are mad. I don't understand it. And I'm not saying that they have to play to make me have fun.

    But if you wanna act like that then I'm gonna make it so you possibly don't get a pip. Its one in the same right? Seems like most killers just chalk a win up to pipping..or getting that 4k

    Well DC isn't actually a kill and could cause your little pip to not be there..

    Im just saying, People need to look at the reasons in WHOLE. not jus "they were mad" or "they werent good enough" it actually takes me a bit to dc but once I do, Im done with the game for the day.

  • @MrsMaliciousX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987487#Comment_987487

    im just saying, there would be far less dc'ing and possibly far less toxicity if killers would just chill a little bit.

    Do you know how many people said once ruin changes go live they are camping/tunneling/slugging just because they are mad. I don't understand it. And I'm not saying that they have to play to make me have fun.

    But if you wanna act like that then I'm gonna make it so you possibly don't get a pip. Its one in the same right? Seems like most killers just chalk a win up to pipping..or getting that 4k

    Well DC isn't actually a kill and could cause your little pip to not be there..

    Im just saying, People need to look at the reasons in WHOLE. not jus "they were mad" or "they werent good enough" it actually takes me a bit to dc but once I do, Im done with the game for the day.

    Again I see what you're saying. But I'm also looking at it from both sides. Also something like this has happened to me recently. I was playing as wraith. Downed the first person. Heard footsteps and right behind me was someone waiting to flashlight. Downed him and went back to pick up the first person and someone was there healing them. Downed them and went back to the first person yet again...there was person number 4. Everyone dced

    So, every survivor in the match played the situation extremely poorly. I deserve to lose all those points because I didn't just let them run around like potatoes?

    I've had plenty of games as killer that I've played poorly. I get absolutely rolled. I've had games where I only get one or 2 hooks. I never, ever expect the survivors to chill a little and allow me to get something I'm not earning.

  • I don't see why people are saying the Killer shouldn't have slugged the Survivors. If the Ace didn't DC, this situation wouldn't have occurred.

    I understand the frustrations against a Killer that actively slugs the whole group, but when the situation is caused by a Survivor you can only really blame the Survivor.


  • @ChiTenshi said:

    I don't see why people are saying the Killer shouldn't have slugged the Survivors. If the Ace didn't DC, this situation wouldn't have occurred.

    I understand the frustrations against a Killer that actively slugs the whole group, but when the situation is caused by a Survivor you can only really blame the Survivor.

    Thank you! I had full intentions on hooking Ace, so David could get Claud up, than I would have gone after David, than Nea and or Claud could have gone after Ace. But Ace chose to get mad because I heard him healing Claudette and instead of running he chose to stay in a obvious hiding spot and DC because HE ######### UP and got spotted.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    Coming from a killer main, maybe try not slugging the whole team in the first minute. I don’t blame them for disconnecting.

    Your kidding why didn't the 3rd person run away and come back for the save instead of trying to blind the killer twice and then DC when that didn't work and they got downed, If they all want to hang around in the one spot like in that video then why shouldn't a killer down them all it was bad play by the 2 survivors and the killer had every right to use that chance to there advantage.


    All your doing is telling survivors if they make a bad play/move that it is ok to DC, didn't get that blinded on the killer just DC when they down you?

  • I don't condone their dc'ing. I don't see the leap of reasoning to connect this fat sample size of one to these supposed "survivors that BHVR caters to" either.

  • @MrsMaliciousX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987487#Comment_987487

    im just saying, there would be far less dc'ing and possibly far less toxicity if killers would just chill a little bit.

    Do you know how many people said once ruin changes go live they are camping/tunneling/slugging just because they are mad. I don't understand it. And I'm not saying that they have to play to make me have fun.

    But if you wanna act like that then I'm gonna make it so you possibly don't get a pip. Its one in the same right? Seems like most killers just chalk a win up to pipping..or getting that 4k

    Well DC isn't actually a kill and could cause your little pip to not be there..

    Im just saying, People need to look at the reasons in WHOLE. not jus "they were mad" or "they werent good enough" it actually takes me a bit to dc but once I do, Im done with the game for the day.

    I can fully agree with you, on those reasons to DC besides slugging. I didn't intend to slug but the reason why it came to that is Simply because I downed Claud within the pallet and Nea was in my face, so I hooked her in hopes that claud would be on her when I heard her being healed by Ace who orginally ######### up, because instead of getting Claud on her feet and taking agro like I wanted him to, he chose to hide in an obvious place, and get mad and DC because he misplayed. Like that David, I ######### up my blink, he had plenty of reaction time to see that I ######### up my blink. What did he do, vault the pallet and DC because he ######### up.

  • @sorrowen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986263#Comment_986263

    killers job is killing its not being the survivors friend but the devs wanna baby survivors.

    Sounds like you just want this game to have no survivors with that statement lol

  • After seeing the video I get it and I should have known better. I'm a survivor main, but the overwhelming majority of the time the people that annoy me the most when playing are other survivors.

    You would think it would be really simple to figure out that running right into the middle of a situation like that and just making yourself another easy victim isn't the most intelligent way to play. However, that seems to be beyond the understanding of the survivors that end up on my teams every match. It seems there are a good percentage of survivors whose only strategy seems to be handing killers easy kills via hook farming, flashlighting, etc.

    Why I even entertained the thought that you went out of your way to slug these survivors is beyond me. I watch it match after match. Survivors playing with absolutely zero strategy and just handing themselves to the killer. They deserve to be slugged. It just sucks being in constant crap match watching everyone else get slugged because they have no strategy whatsoever. It makes it hard to get BP or level up. I honestly can't blame any killer for that though.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    Coming from a killer main, maybe try not slugging the whole team in the first minute. I don’t blame them for disconnecting.

    yes, just pick up the claudette in the middle of the pallet with one guy camping the pallet and one guy standing around with a flashlight. he will certainly make it to a hook.

    it surely wasnt them being way too overaltruistic that got them killed asap, it was the killer being toxic, obviously.

    /s

  • There's an inherent reason that a 3 man slug in the first minute or so rewards no pips. It's in the lore. Be a selfish killer and kill for your own sake and the Entity isn't fed. Give the survivors hope and then take it away from them, and the Entity becomes pleased. This also allows everyone to have fun, unlike in this situation where the 3 DCs didn't have fun, the guy who stayed didn't have fun, and you didn't have fun.

  • This happened to me last night. I got wrecked until the end and 3 DCed because I brought a mori. Good job devs! Let's let cry babies run the game and ruin it for the players who MAKE THESE GAMES POSSIBLE.

  • As the survivor “main” who is always the last guy in a match because everyone D/C’d due to slugging, I can say this:


    It is NOT the killer’s fault that 3 people went down in one minute. It is the survivors for playing like potatoes and dying so quickly. That’s not all though. The survivors had the audacity to screw over the last survivor by D/C-ing.


    Sure it sucks being abandoned like that butI run Bond and I see the survivors running loops wrong or not being able to juke the killer’s attacks :/ When I get found, I let the killer kill me because there’s a 100% chance that I was going to die anyways BUT I can always get my survivor level back easily. Killers can’t.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    Coming from a killer main, maybe try not slugging the whole team in the first minute. I don’t blame them for disconnecting.

    @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986249#Comment_986249

    I know it's taboo to say you ever condone a DC, but I agree with you. Slugging three people within the first minute ensures no one is getting points, no one is ranking up, no one is having fun. I rarely DC, but yeah I probably would have in this situation myself. I seriously wonder why the other one didn't

    @ggezbaby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986256#Comment_986256

    I rarely DC as well and I would probably DC for that. What, you have infectious fright so you can’t hook the guy you downed? Or even the first two? Going for the third guy is overkill.

    It's crap like this that makes it obvious that there needs to be more done about disconnects. Why the hell they haven't introduced the husk system or a reasonable amount of points for disconnects yet is beyond me. But people who disconnect just because the game isn't going their way are validation for having more sting to a disconnect. Maybe 1 less perk available per disconnect for the next 3 games after your final disconnect resetting with each disconnect.

  • People saying 3 people got slugged didn't watch the video also they were bad and screwed the Claudette and whoever was on the hook

  • @MrsMaliciousX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/987487#Comment_987487

    im just saying, there would be far less dc'ing and possibly far less toxicity if killers would just chill a little bit.

    Do you know how many people said once ruin changes go live they are camping/tunneling/slugging just because they are mad. I don't understand it. And I'm not saying that they have to play to make me have fun.

    But if you wanna act like that then I'm gonna make it so you possibly don't get a pip. Its one in the same right? Seems like most killers just chalk a win up to pipping..or getting that 4k

    Well DC isn't actually a kill and could cause your little pip to not be there..

    Im just saying, People need to look at the reasons in WHOLE. not jus "they were mad" or "they werent good enough" it actually takes me a bit to dc but once I do, Im done with the game for the day.

    So killers need to "apply gen pressure to not lose three gens in a minute ( which isn't fun for killer ) but when they do like the op oh how dare the killer make the game not fun for me and dc also on the bnp add on I don't know what you're talking about it's quite strong without old ruin it allows survivors to get a gen done before killers can even cross the map depending on the map

  • From what it looked like to me (here's a guess) you downed a survivor another survivor comes around the corner they get downed and you pick them up you then go to get the first downed surv, but someone was there so you hit them they DC. you see the other just around the corner they try to flashlight you, you go and down them you pick them up for the hook they DC end video. respond if you can I want to see if I was anywhere near the truth.

  • @Nunya_Nunyabiz said:

    From what it looked like to me (here's a guess) you downed a survivor another survivor comes around the corner they get downed and you pick them up you then go to get the first downed surv, but someone was there so you hit them they DC. you see the other just around the corner they try to flashlight you, you go and down them you pick them up for the hook they DC end video. respond if you can I want to see if I was anywhere near the truth.

    I didn't intend to slug but the reason why it came to that is Simply because I downed Claud within the pallet and Nea was in my face, so I hooked her in hopes that claud would be on her feet when I heard her being healed by Ace who orginally [BAD WORD] up, because instead of getting Claud on her feet and taking agro like I wanted him to, he chose to hide in an obvious place, and get mad and DC because he misplayed. Like that David, I [BAD WORD] up my blink, he had plenty of reaction time to see that I [BAD WORD] up my blink. What did he do, vault the pallet and DC because he [BAD WORD] up.

    It's Copy & Paste since I don't wanna retype all that, so excuse the tone.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988761#Comment_988761

    I didn't intend to slug but the reason why it came to that is Simply because I downed Claud within the pallet and Nea was in my face, so I hooked her in hopes that claud would be on her feet when I heard her being healed by Ace who orginally [BAD WORD] up, because instead of getting Claud on her feet and taking agro like I wanted him to, he chose to hide in an obvious place, and get mad and DC because he misplayed. Like that David, I [BAD WORD] up my blink, he had plenty of reaction time to see that I [BAD WORD] up my blink. What did he do, vault the pallet and DC because he [BAD WORD] up.

    It's Copy & Paste since I don't wanna retype all that, so excuse the tone.

    Its all good I just wanted to figure out what happened with the first down but now it just makes me think 'object of obsession' or something.

  • @Nunya_Nunyabiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988801#Comment_988801

    Its all good I just wanted to figure out what happened with the first down but now it just makes me think 'object of obsession' or something.

    Nah! I predicted her spawning point but she ran to the shack

  • @ggezbaby said:

    Coming from a killer main, maybe try not slugging the whole team in the first minute. I don’t blame them for disconnecting.

    If the killer slugs the entire team in under a minute, the survivor team comp is trash. Survivor main, I don't que with randoms. They're mostly carried potatoes who dc for stupid circumstances like, "I don't like this map" and "Killer targeted me first." Don't enable dcing for doing horrible.

  • That is why one must use spine chill and play stealthy while dealing with nurse, but most survivors want to play rambo.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986353#Comment_986353

    Yeah, we all know that's on you for not being good enough at applying pressure, Sairek. You are not fooling anyone you entitled killer main.

    He is a red rank survivor maybe stop with the us vs them thing that's how you make yourself look silly.

  • Not even the moment he was dead if it was first hook. I hate it when survivors dc on first hook or worse I've had them dc on first hit.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    Coming from a killer main, maybe try not slugging the whole team in the first minute. I don’t blame them for disconnecting.

    What slugging? There's a survivor in a pallet with other survivors nearby, only a foolish killer is going for the pick up. There was no slugging here. Just spoilt SWF players bring extremely selfish.

    If you're a killer main, then you're obviously not a very good killer then. If you don't know the difference between slugging and and not picking up a survivor under a pallet lol

  • So much ######### double standards here. Is BHVR also catering to theses people as well? Who are obvious entitled survivor mains and have double standard?

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJKY7eaqdo&feature=youtu.be

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/787/YOM1BGB2EI6J.png

    Is this why the devs are catering to survivors so much? Match didn't even last 1 minute. Spawned in, found someone downed them, heard another survivor went and downed them, heard another nearby survivor and downed them. My point is why are we nerfing killers and perks when survivor's DC because they get outplayed or don't wanna deal with a basic game mechnic?

    So the game was too easy for you as killer?

  • Why are people saying that it's okay to DC in this position? If they had unbreakable I bet they wouldn't lol...

    Feel sorry for that top survivor though, teammates abandoned him for sure, that Ace could have just ran off took the down and the other go unhook atleast, a bad start but atleast could have made the most of it, instead of DC'ing like that, how frustrating.

  • The whole argument of dumbing it down for Survivors is flawed because the game has a problem with retention. If you just look at the achievement "Getting the Hang of it."

    According to the Global Achievement list on Steam, only 43.5% of players ranked up once. I.E. got to level 19. What in god's balls is going on with your game if only just under half of your base was able to do one of the simplest of tasks?


    The vast majority of survivors don't even have access to the numerous 2nd chance perks and all the devs are doing by buffing that crap and adding more crap is giving the minority of red rank survivors even more tools to win and troll the killer. That's all they're achieving.


    It's time to wake up, Behaviour.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/990025#Comment_990025

    He's saying that in jest, he's not being serious. Thank you for trying to defend me, but it's okay. :)

    LOL, text is hard to tell when it comes to tone and sarcasm.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJKY7eaqdo&feature=youtu.be

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/787/YOM1BGB2EI6J.png

    Is this why the devs are catering to survivors so much? Match didn't even last 1 minute. Spawned in, found someone downed them, heard another survivor went and downed them, heard another nearby survivor and downed them. My point is why are we nerfing killers and perks when survivor's DC because they get outplayed or don't wanna deal with a basic game mechnic?

    I'm not saying it's okay for them to DC but judging off what you said "heard a survivor, downed them, heard another downed them, heard another and downed them"... it sounds like you were slugging with all 5 gens remaining and that seems sort of toxic. It's not like you were about to lose or anything. You could have hooked the second guy and allowed them to try and make a save. Instead, to me, it seems like you were all about killing them all as fast as possible. Sounds like the game was going to be a minute long whether they DC'd or not because of you.

    Edit: And if you're not playing to get points or have fun but instead just to kill everyone asap... you might need a hug.

1 2 ›