Is Doc the worst killer now?
After his changes would you consider the Doctor to be the worst killer in the game now? Or is he somehow better.
After his changes would you consider the Doctor to be the worst killer in the game now? Or is he somehow better.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Seems like it..he has like nothing useful..literally nothing. And there is no Ruin. And there is the underwhelming Rift Pass level 2..worst update ever if you ask me.
Clown is still probably worse.
I'm not home at the moment, but is the Premium version of the rift decent? (if it's been released yet).
Idk, Clown can still hit you after throwing a bottle.
Nurse keeps worst sorry
Clown is still the worst killer. Doc is probably second, now his shock is countered by pallet campers.
My God, he's absolutely terrible. The delay on your shock compared to survivors' recuperation speed basically guarantees they're getting the pallet on you in a loop. In the meantime, you're just standing there looking at each other, blocking each others' way, derping. Just throw the pallet early, leaving you standing there mid-charge, make it all the way out of your shock range and to another loop before you can regain control of the situation. The 10% or whatever it is extension is barely noticeable as you're usually still just trying to anticipate aim during a tight loop. It's useful at cornered windows now, because you can pin them in and all they can do is try to slow vault and you can grab them (just in time by hard spamming the action), but open windows they'll just run around you to the pallet undoubtedly hanging out just a few feet away while you're running around likewise impotent and action-less. He's more useless than teets on a boar. He somehow feels more clunky and worthless now without having to switch stances, if you can believe that.
And static blast? Well, you still need your TR-expanding perks to make it even worth using on an elongated cool-down... a charged action, by the way. And what's it do? Just gives you the info you got passively before. If you don't already have a good idea of where folks are, it's not going to help you find anybody even remotely close to the way his old location tracking worked. Huge nerf.
Survivors can "snap out of it" in intervals without losing progress (seriously, nobody misses a "snap out of it" skillcheck).
Where at least you could oppress a bit before, you have absolutely nothing going for you now. Nothing. He's dead. At one time, long ago, he was my main. And now he's dead.
And BTW, Lery's is a killer nightmare now. Dark lighting, dark neutral colors, plenty of corners to get hung up on in 1st person view. Only thing unchanged is the extremely safe 2-floored center operating room (of course they did).
I'm so f***ing over this crap.
He is really trash ngl... the only thing useful in his kit is the new static blast but he has nothing for loops.
Aw dude c'mon, he was my boi, he didn't deserve this
Just a little giggly boi
it'd be good if the static blast cooldown was reduced, the shocktherapy hit timing change was reverted and the time between a shock therapy and an attack was shortened.
they once again overbalanced it - so Doc goes straight to trash tier to meet with Legion and Nurses ultra rare add ons. yaaay.
idk yer cuz xbox player here but I know that he can be good with perks (i am guessing) like make your choice; unhook notification, go back, do a static blast to reveal the location (and the static cooldown is 60 also the perk), sounds good but I still cannot think other perks yet
He is the worst killer now his power does absolutely nothing, Even Legion's power does more than Doc's Shock therapy. They gave him a 3 second cool down on his shock for god's sake it's not even a lethal attack then they gave shock therapy a delay which basically guarantees that survivors can vault and drop pallets even after you shock them and they only gave him a 10% range boost which is barley noticeable, he's so garbage now that it's laughable how they consider this a good change for the killer. It's just a staright up nerf.
Guess I’m not a doctor main anymore. I’ll be playing Freddy anyways since Ruin is being changed
He is an innocent boi 🥺
I mean they already said the delay after the shock is changing so maybe wait
At this point I don't even think it's about the devs just wanting to appease survivors to milk money from them anymore, they literally want to put the killers through hell just for the fun of it. Honestly, how is removing the little pressure that The Doctor has a "buff" or a "rework"? The devs changed his map so that it now has darker lighting (which is bad for killers, especially against Claudettes), safer loops for survivors, and they took away all the strongest positives from his power and nerfed his add-ons. But guess what? He has his own chase music now, so that negates all his negatives, amirite or amirite? It's so laughable as to how the devs can say that they "care for the whole fanbase" and are "close to the community". It's all just bs politics at this point. They only care for half of the fanbase (survivors), and rarely give attention to the other half, and when they do get attention, it usually comes in the forms of nerfs, or as the devs would like to call them, 'reworks' and 'balances'. I honestly thought the devs were heading in the right direction lately but now they're just going back to the old ways. I should've seen it when they nerfed Oni and Freddy. Welcome to Dead by Daylight, where half of the community is catered to and the other half constantly gets the short end of the stick. Are we having fun yet?
I’d say Bubba holds that place. He has nothing for chases or tracking or pressure. All he has is hook defense, but camping generally makes you lose. The only way to really be downed by his chainsaw is if you outposition yourself. At least Doc has some tracking, very slight slowdown, and potentially some slight anti looping. Emphasis on potentially.
I second the Bubba being the worst killer.
All he can do is face camp lmao
Personally, I disagree I have videos of me winning at rank one as Leatherface all over my Twitter, and just from recent memory. I think his kit is bad, but survivors severely underestimate him.
Doc is a beast, I don't know what you guys are talking about. His shocking ability seems almost constant in game. He is able to interrupt almost all actions and can shock everyone at once. with add ons he can even have other survivors shock each other. The charge time for the static blast is necessary because if he could spam that like he can do with shock therapy now, there would be no point playing against him. We already spend the whole game in madness and screwing up skill checks, even with the most generous killers. Most of the killers I've gone against on ptb are just spamming the crap out of everyone so they run around screaming. no gens are getting done, with or without ruin.
Bubba needs to win one mindgame and instadown.
Feels like it
The range of his charge seems lower then before, I can barely hit any survivors and whats the point of doing so? I used to use it to stop pallet jumps and drops but now it's useless
I am a little confused, maybe you can help me.
I play both survivor and killer, so am i constantly catered to or do i get the short end of the stick? am not sure...
well, i think those reworks sound awefull, and i liked doctor so far.
Also the map rework sounds bad, especially since i am colorblind and cant see scratchmarks, auras or blood on most maps anyway. Indoormaps where the exception so far, and colorblind support is not important.
And MAYBE an instadown. His slowdown on top of his charge allows the survivor plenty of time to make it somewhere. I’m not saying it never has utility, it just is rare against semi decent survivors and he has nothing else going for him.
I agreed he is worst killer. In order for him to be good you need Nemesis and Play with Your Food, easy kills and chases after 2 stacks and his best add-ons. Works well for teams that love using flashlights and head on.
He’s close. The devs need to do a lot of fixing to him before this update hits the live build. This is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but here we go:
I saw ALL of this coming from the info on that disastrous stream
Are you sure about that.
Doctor is pure garbage now..
Unnerf snap out of it.
Make madness two perma again.
Completely remove the silly delay on his shock Like not reduced , remove that #########
The new shock from doctor... I don't like the range
I haven't tried him on PTB yet due to my tiredness
You mean his Static Blast? It’s always been the size of his terror radius.
If you’re talking about the Shock Therapy, then I agree with you 100%. They should’ve increased it by 25% (basically Moldy Electrode without the charge time increase). The current range is horrible and 10% will not be enough
I reserving judgement until I get my hands on him tomorrow.
This community is prone to hyperbolic nonsense, so I find it hard to take any of it seriously until I get a feel for him myself.
Yes, the shock therapy! Static blast is the only good thing that I saw at the moment. It just looks weird that shock therapy doesn't affect survivors at all... They're just running and avoiding very easily
Yep. actualy i am having fun with the new doc
Because of the delay you can't deny unhooks at all anymore with shock if you aimed your shocks properly you used to be able to stop a hook rush in your face.
The delay from shock to switching before was like one second it should not have a delay at all now. But instead the delay is three times as bad.E Even countering tiny loops is borderline not possible. The delay should be gone for completely. A seamless shock then slap.