Is it possible for a Five Nights at Freddys Chapter

I have been playing Five Nights at Freddys on Xbox and was thinking, is it possible for a fnaf chapter? I have also seen videos of people wanting certain killers in the game but have never seen anyone mention Five Nights at Freddys. So I wanted to ask the community. Is it possible for a fnaf chapter or paragraph?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I remember my first time playing FNaF was when I was in fifth grade, over five years ago. Since then, I've stuck with the series, despite never really playing the games. To be completely honest, the gameplay of FNaF does get stale quickly, and I think that's why many people completely diss the idea of a FNaF chapter in DbD. However, if it wasn't for FNaF, I probably wouldn't enjoy horror at all, and I certainly wouldn't be playing or ever have played DbD.

    That being said, I will essentially always defend the idea of a FNaF chapter, regardless of how many people do/don't want it. It's no secret that the DbD community has VERY mixed opinions over a FNaF chapter, and that's perfectly okay. In this thread, you've probably already witnessed what I'm talking about. Instead of saying why a FNaF chapter isn't that bad of an idea, I'm going to try my best to disprove many of the common criticisms (from this thread) of a FNaF chapter, and then provide a general/vague concept for how an ideal FNaF chapter could work. If I leave out someone's post, it's either already been covered, will be covered, or genuinely true criticism (I guess all criticism is valid to an extent).

    NOTE: No hate goes out to anyone I criticize here.


    "Its very hard to add a killer whos entire shtick is not moving when being looked at"

    There's more to them than just that. If you were to try to develop a FNaF chapter solely on FNaF's gameplay, then it would almost be a guaranteed flop. There's not much to take from there. The lore would most likely be better to draw a power from. As for what the power could be, it depends who you want to use.

    The most requested killer by the FNaF community has been William Afton/Springtrap, who defies the "not moving when being looked at" shtick, so that's who I'm going to use when talking specifics (Powers, perks, etc). For Springtrap, he could use the Phantom animatronics seen in FNaF 3, or he could have more of a supernatural power, like one based off children's souls, or even his own soul! There's been plenty of concepts thrown around, so I won't go too deep here. There's definitely more than what meets the eye when it comes to FNaF, and I've seen it forgotten all too much.


    "So I’m guessing you guys want a Fortnite chapter?"

    This isn't criticism as all, but please, please, please, don't say stuff like that. Many Dead by Daylight fans completely and unjustly berate FNaF's supposedly child-like and toxic audience, but when people say stuff like this, it just antagonizes themselves. FNaF's community has its bad apples, but its no secret DbD's does too. It's perfectly okay to have opinions and share them in a respectful manner, but when stuff like this gets thrown around, it becomes apparent why many outsiders consider DbD's fanbase toxic.


    "They don't really fit in the game and i'm pretty sure it also wouldn't make sense lorewise.

    The animatronics don't really have any reason to go after survivors and the entity can't really torture robots into complying"

    Well actually, you're right. If you were to add Freddy, this would all be completely valid. However, its why many people suggest Springtrap over Freddy, myself included. In the games, Springtrap is a child murderer who murdered dozens of children in the Fazbear Restaurants. As far as I know, he died at the end of FNaF 6/ Pizzeria Simulator and then suffered in purgatory. This belief may have changed since I heard it last (feel free to correct me if so). In a way, it could make sense lore-wise. Just have the Entity take after purgatory and plop him in the DbD realm.

    When it comes to motives, Springtrap would comply willingly simply because he enjoys killing.


    "the two games are way too different"

    I will admit, FNaF and DbD have drastically different gameplay styles, but that's why many people tend to flee to the lore when making the power for a FNaF killer. It may not seem like it, but FNaF and DbD aren't too different in terms of atmosphere. DbD commonly features locations that are gritty, withered, and abandoned, and FNaF does as well to an extent (the book series definitely does). I'm not saying the atmosphere's are exactly the same, but they're similar enough to where it wouldn't be like night and day. Plus, should a FNaF chapter be added, I think the map would be one of the coolest parts. Also L4D is a zombie shooter, and we got Bill, so I doubt gameplay differences would be an issue anyway.


    "The problem is the weapon"

    I've seen many suggestions for a weapon, such as a meat cleaver, crowbar, fire axe, his hand, and more. I don't think it could be too difficult.


    There were many other things that I could have included, but a lot of them seemed too opinionated to be considered criticism, and that's okay.

    Now, how could we make a FNaF chapter that satisfies the most amount of people? This is my idea, albeit a rough draft:

    The chapter would be a paragraph, but would include a map as well.

    The killer would be Springtrap, as Freddy and the rest of animatronics wouldn't fit the game's theme as well Springtrap would. His weapon would be a kitchen knife. His power would allow for significant map pressure. His power could possibly have him use the children's souls he trapped. Or, he could use the Phantom animatronics that would apply random status effects to people near them. Perhaps he could become a ghost himself! His perks would definitely be aimed at hindering progression. Generators, in a way, are like FNaF's power system, so that could be handy when designing his perks or abilities. Springtrap's persistence is also something that defines him. This could translate nicely into an obsession perk that could affect both the killer during a chase.

    The map would have to be Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, but it would be heavily altered from its main appearance in the first game. First of all, it would be very withered down. Big chunks of the concrete walls missing, wall paper missing, tables flipped/ on their side, dusty, you get the idea. Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica would all still be on stage, although deactivated and slightly withered, with holes in their suit and wires dangling, as well as some other missing parts.

    Obviously the pizzeria itself would be too small, so the outside area could be included as well. It would mostly be trees and other foliage, with some small houses and the shack along the outer perimeter.

    A generator would always appear in the locations backroom (like the bathroom gen on "The Game"). Should this generator be repaired, the stage lights would turn on and the power would be restored to the main dining area. The animatronics would also turn on and give a stage performance that would last about ~2 mins. This stage performance would be loud, and its initiation would trigger light beams to shine in the sky from the location's entrance (they would turn off after the performance ended), and short sound cue of rock music to be heard across the entire map (like the boat horn on the swamp).

    I understand that a FNaF chapter is a very controversial topic, and it's probably not likely that we'll get one (atleast until the movie, and even then its a stretch), but I can always hope. My theory is that Scott Cawthon has already approached BHVR, but BHVR has already turned him down due to it being such a controversial topic within the DbD community. Hopefully, I could shed some light on the topic or possibly even convince you! If not, I get it. Everyone has their own opinions, and it's okay to share them as long as we respect them.

  • I hope not. FNAF doesn’t mix with DbD at ALL!

    Then again, neither does Stranger Things yet that still got it’s own chapter, so there’s a chance, I guess.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/960893#Comment_960893

    No, what he means is he doesn't want people to judge each other by what they like... and actively tell them why they hate that concept in a judging way.

    You can criticize people and disagree with ideas, just don't be a jerk about it is all. People are entitled to like whatever they want, but when someone attacks another or judges them about what they like... than that's a bit much.

    Again, criticism isn't the issue... it's just how people judge and attack others IS the problem.

    Thank you, I appreciate it.

  • @PyroGL said:

    I'm surprised, I would think people would be more open to the idea of a FNaF chapter. I gave it a little thought, and think a FNaF chapter could look something like this (rough concept, I'm sure it could use lots of work):

    New Killer: The Cast

    The 4 original cast members (Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and Foxy) all spawn randomly on the map and are in an Idle mode. In idle mode, all the bots emit a low level TR (16 m). They do not move, but will always face you (similar to the statues in the Sanctum of Wrath). The killer player would begin by always controlling Freddy, and he becomes active at the start of the game. The active cast member would then have a normal TR (32m).

    Killer Power: The killer's power would work by taking control of the different cast members one at a time. The killer can move and position each cast member and then put that bot into idle mode at will. When all 4 cast members are idle, the killer can cycle thought the sight of each cast member and would be able to see and hear from that cast member's perspective. The killer can choose to control that cast member though a short channel, and would be allowed to move and chase survivors. Or they could cycle to the next cast member to scout what is going on in that location. The most recent cast member that was put idle would need a cooldown period before being eligible to be active again. Each cast member could additionally have a special passive:

    Freddy - breaks pallets much faster

    Bonnie - vaults windows much quicker

    Foxy - While idle, TR shrinks to 0m and can hear much further (think a super version of stridor and insidious). For 10 sec after becoming active, Foxy is undetectable.

    Chika - can enter lockers and use them to teleport to other lockers on the map with her own special cooldown (basically like Demogorgon).

    Mori (this one is wacky, I know) - The 4 cast members jumpscare the survivor 4 times in quick succession by popping behind or from the sides (might need to be a first person perspective mori). This results in the survivor simply having a heart attack and dying. Obviously, this would not change the actual locations of the cast members.

    Basically the idea would be an extreme map pressure killer that is sort of everywhere at once. You could essentially trap survivors by strategically placing cast members in places they will run to, or put them next to objectives to scare the ######### out of survivors since they often know they are being watched.

    Definitely an interesting idea though seems it could start to get very complex and complicated to balance and make add-ons for with all the different characters. But I could see it working

  • Guys I mean the animatronics literally kill children and stuff their bodies in a suit a suit for christ sack so honestly I think there could be a fnaf chapter because animatronics also tend to kill adults as well if you know the fnaf 3 storyline william afton (a.k.a purple guy) was a killer and supposedly killed children later while trying to fix the animatronics he started to seeing the children he killed then decided to put on a spring bonnie suit the ghost or otherwise known as phantoms killed him and made him into what is now springtrap

    https://youtu.be/RmdutJ5SOzk

    If you don't believe me on the story by watching this video you'll understand how William afton died

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    I have been playing Five Nights at Freddys on Xbox and was thinking, is it possible for a fnaf chapter? I have also seen videos of people wanting certain killers in the game but have never seen anyone mention Five Nights at Freddys. So I wanted to ask the community. Is it possible for a fnaf chapter or paragraph?

    This was a fan made image of a FNAF concept on reddit credit goes to u/freddy_fazsack

    A40E4CA7-2255-4CDB-9983-2DBD052B3AFE.jpeg


  • Pretty sure that people are so strongly opposed to a FNAF chapter is because the toxic side of the community.

    A FNAF chapter actually does have quite a lot of potential. The Nightmare animatronics would probably be the scariest killers in terms of aesthetic in the game. There's a lot of creativity that can come with their power. The story is pretty dark and complex too.

    No survivor is fine, because multiple killers in the same chapter and potential for a nice creepy indoor twisted children's place map.

    Plus, more player attraction, which means not players, meaning shorter queue times.

  • It'd be very difficult considering the animatronics become lifeless when someone is maintaining eye contact with it. This chapter would also be extremely boring just like Pennywise.

  • I will uninstall DBD if they add a FNAF chapter.

    The fanbase is so awful, I don't want it to ruin this game.

  • @lynelmane said:

    I will uninstall DBD if they add a FNAF chapter.

    The fanbase is so awful, I don't want it to ruin this game.

    I’ve played the FNAF games but I don’t know much about the fanbase. How are they awful? I’ve heard multiple people say the FNAF community is awful.

  • Can you guys stop being a hater I honestly think a fnaf chapter would be interesting but if anyone has played fnaf 4 the nightmare animatronics do hate light which in most cases would be useful to the survivors advantage it could make the game play interesting in my opinion so honestly quit bitching about the fnaf chapter because if you think about it. It would be interesting not to mention if you flash your light at the animatronics they blind them it's just an interesting ingame experience

  • This is never going to happen because Scott (creator of fnaf) would never allow his storyline to get interrupted by a game like dbd. If you followed the story you can understand this because it has been really messy and its not yet fully discovered.

  • First of all I hope they won't add fnaf dlc cuz I still have nightmares about this game....

    Second,it will be difficult. Since we don't know the full fnaf lore and if the lore is "dead children souls trapped in animatronics" then it will make no sense for a child to kill a human. They only kill the ones that killed them.

  • Broooo, criiiinge.


    For real though, FNAF set the laziest standard for horror awhile ago and I've hated it since it came out, I never got the scare appeal considering it was just jumpscares with a weak concept. The backstory took ages to be developed and even then I found the entire thing subpar. It makes me sad that it was a lot of people's introduction to horror.

    That being said, it just feels strictly cartoony. I can take a lot of the killers in the game seriously and see them as intimidating, but anything associated with Five Nights has been so watered down - from an already weak and uninteresting base, then it was so overdone with game after game that all I see is a cringy joke when it comes to it's content. Robot scream loud in your face oh god oh heck oh I poopied ooohhhhheeeefrick

  • @Spooky13 said:

    As much as I like the series and would be perfectly fine with having a chapter for FNaF I just can't see it working out. The only logical character would be William Afton/Springtrap as a Killer, seeing as he was an actual murderer, but he never really had a unique shtick compared to other animatronics so I don't really kno what they could do for him.

    I mean they could do a thing where William actin is not in the spring trap suit but in the spring Bonnie but the one where he killed the children in where he lured them in which makes him a normal murder but in a suit and he has a thing where he can do a springlock thing where he turn into springtrap

  • @Star99er said:

    So much cringe thinking about that. It’s a no from me fam. Why would you want characters from a little kids jump scare game in DBD?

    Just a hater.

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/959041#Comment_959041

    what is this comment ? People can not like the idea, yeah. Dont make it like "oh you guys are 10 year olds who only play Fortnite and you just want fortnite everywhere uh"

    no that's just that : the two games are way too different, it wont happen, and it would be pretty bad anyway.

    Why would it be bad ? You just said it the same way that you did not want people to have it. It's a cool concept and it would work since they are also kind of humaniod. What is the issue ?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966352#Comment_966352

    Saying "it would work" is not a valid reason to implement a FNaF chapter. Every time it is suggested, the community responds largely negatively and there are always flaws as to why it wouldn't work.

    What do you even mean it saying it would work is not a reason. Who said that it was ? Fnaf was and still is a very big thing i dont think a movie would be possible otherwise. Has some characters that you could take out as the murderer and a map isnt neccesary to create with them. They have a deep and intressting story that could maybe somehow get into the entity. If you dont like a dlc then dont buy it. Simple as that. And everything has flaws and nothing is perfect.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Maybe a FNAF map would be really interesting but I don't see how a killer would work. Plus we already have a Freddy.

    I mean we have 2 Roys in smash so the name shouldnt be a problem

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    As much as I loved the FNaF series, please for the love of god no. Freddy had a good run, but as others have said, it just wouldn't fit into the game. That, and the fact the Entity would essentially be taking childrens spirits to turn them into murder machines. A little too dark imo

    Don't buy it if you dont like it. Simple as that

  • @lynelmane said:

    I will uninstall DBD if they add a FNAF chapter.

    The fanbase is so awful, I don't want it to ruin this game.

    Then do so. You are not alone in this game so how can it even effect you. Selfish player

  • @SambaSaw said:

    This is never going to happen because Scott (creator of fnaf) would never allow his storyline to get interrupted by a game like dbd. If you followed the story you can understand this because it has been really messy and its not yet fully discovered.

    He has never said that. The story is over, that is the reason why he started giving it to other third party devs. He wanted to complete the storyline first and foremost thats why steelwool got to make the vr game and illuminix to create the mobile game.

  • No....no just no.That would be cringe af i don't want kids horror game and it's toxic fanbase here.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963602#Comment_963602

    I’ve played the FNAF games but I don’t know much about the fanbase. How are they awful? I’ve heard multiple people say the FNAF community is awful.

    From what i've seen, the fanbase is 80% 12-14 year old kids who try to force the game's content onto other things. Also, they nonstop produce fanart and fanfics about it, and hate on others who don't like the games or the story.

    I had a friend who was like this. They are not my friend anymore.

  • @Nibla02 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963602#Comment_963602

    Then do so. You are not alone in this game so how can it even effect you. Selfish player

    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966367#Comment_966367

    In your comment (which I quoted) you said "it would work". It's the same thing people keep saying when the idea of a FNaF chapter is met with criticism. The fact that it could be a chapter doesn't mean it should be one.

    The fact that people have to go out of their way to justify a chapter and make it work should be a strong enough indication that it should not happen. Relegating maps as unnecessary and having to take characters from books to make it fit should be a red flag that it isn't meant to be IMHO.

    Moreover, it's not as simple as if you don't like it don't buy it. The content released should cater for the majority, not a vocal minority who are persistent on reviving a franchise that has (arguably) lost a lot of its popularity.

    This isn't even mentioning the fact that the games are massively different, with different stories, themes, characters, locations and gameplay. They wouldn't work well together at all. The argument that it has an "interesting" story is entirely subjective too.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966387#Comment_966387

    People could say it is "selfish" that you're trying to force a chapter which they don't want...

    @Nibla02 you probably saw @ImmersedNurse 's response. That's all I need to say.

  • Honestly if were talking about a weapon he should have you got to think animatronics like nightmare fredbear don't need a weapon all they need to do is get you pinned in a corner or something and grab you then just bite your head off.

    Now springtrap is another story I would honestly give springtrap a throwing dagger so when he chases his victims he can throw the dagger and pin them down kinda like Friday the 13th to were you can just place bear traps

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    I remember my first time playing FNaF was when I was in fifth grade, over five years ago. Since then, I've stuck with the series, despite never really playing the games. To be completely honest, the gameplay of FNaF does get stale quickly, and I think that's why many people completely diss the idea of a FNaF chapter in DbD. However, if it wasn't for FNaF, I probably wouldn't enjoy horror at all, and I certainly wouldn't be playing or ever have played DbD.

    That being said, I will essentially always defend the idea of a FNaF chapter, regardless of how many people do/don't want it. It's no secret that the DbD community has VERY mixed opinions over a FNaF chapter, and that's perfectly okay. In this thread, you've probably already witnessed what I'm talking about. Instead of saying why a FNaF chapter isn't that bad of an idea, I'm going to try my best to disprove many of the common criticisms (from this thread) of a FNaF chapter, and then provide a general/vague concept for how an ideal FNaF chapter could work. If I leave out someone's post, it's either already been covered, will be covered, or genuinely true criticism (I guess all criticism is valid to an extent).

    NOTE: No hate goes out to anyone I criticize here.

    "Its very hard to add a killer whos entire shtick is not moving when being looked at"

    There's more to them than just that. If you were to try to develop a FNaF chapter solely on FNaF's gameplay, then it would almost be a guaranteed flop. There's not much to take from there. The lore would most likely be better to draw a power from. As for what the power could be, it depends who you want to use.

    The most requested killer by the FNaF community has been William Afton/Springtrap, who defies the "not moving when being looked at" shtick, so that's who I'm going to use when talking specifics (Powers, perks, etc). For Springtrap, he could use the Phantom animatronics seen in FNaF 3, or he could have more of a supernatural power, like one based off children's souls, or even his own soul! There's been plenty of concepts thrown around, so I won't go too deep here. There's definitely more than what meets the eye when it comes to FNaF, and I've seen it forgotten all too much.

    "So I’m guessing you guys want a Fortnite chapter?"

    This isn't criticism as all, but please, please, please, don't say stuff like that. Many Dead by Daylight fans completely and unjustly berate FNaF's supposedly child-like and toxic audience, but when people say stuff like this, it just antagonizes themselves. FNaF's community has its bad apples, but its no secret DbD's does too. It's perfectly okay to have opinions and share them in a respectful manner, but when stuff like this gets thrown around, it becomes apparent why many outsiders consider DbD's fanbase toxic.

    "They don't really fit in the game and i'm pretty sure it also wouldn't make sense lorewise.

    The animatronics don't really have any reason to go after survivors and the entity can't really torture robots into complying"

    Well actually, you're right. If you were to add Freddy, this would all be completely valid. However, its why many people suggest Springtrap over Freddy, myself included. In the games, Springtrap is a child murderer who murdered dozens of children in the Fazbear Restaurants. As far as I know, he died at the end of FNaF 6/ Pizzeria Simulator and then suffered in purgatory. This belief may have changed since I heard it last (feel free to correct me if so). In a way, it could make sense lore-wise. Just have the Entity take after purgatory and plop him in the DbD realm.

    When it comes to motives, Springtrap would comply willingly simply because he enjoys killing.

    "the two games are way too different"

    I will admit, FNaF and DbD have drastically different gameplay styles, but that's why many people tend to flee to the lore when making the power for a FNaF killer. It may not seem like it, but FNaF and DbD aren't too different in terms of atmosphere. DbD commonly features locations that are gritty, withered, and abandoned, and FNaF does as well to an extent (the book series definitely does). I'm not saying the atmosphere's are exactly the same, but they're similar enough to where it wouldn't be like night and day. Plus, should a FNaF chapter be added, I think the map would be one of the coolest parts. Also L4D is a zombie shooter, and we got Bill, so I doubt gameplay differences would be an issue anyway.

    "The problem is the weapon"

    I've seen many suggestions for a weapon, such as a meat cleaver, crowbar, fire axe, his hand, and more. I don't think it could be too difficult.

    There were many other things that I could have included, but a lot of them seemed too opinionated to be considered criticism, and that's okay.

    Now, how could we make a FNaF chapter that satisfies the most amount of people? This is my idea, albeit a rough draft:

    The chapter would be a paragraph, but would include a map as well.

    The killer would be Springtrap, as Freddy and the rest of animatronics wouldn't fit the game's theme as well Springtrap would. His weapon would be a kitchen knife. His power would allow for significant map pressure. His power could possibly have him use the children's souls he trapped. Or, he could use the Phantom animatronics that would apply random status effects to people near them. Perhaps he could become a ghost himself! His perks would definitely be aimed at hindering progression. Generators, in a way, are like FNaF's power system, so that could be handy when designing his perks or abilities. Springtrap's persistence is also something that defines him. This could translate nicely into an obsession perk that could affect both the killer during a chase.

    The map would have to be Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, but it would be heavily altered from its main appearance in the first game. First of all, it would be very withered down. Big chunks of the concrete walls missing, wall paper missing, tables flipped/ on their side, dusty, you get the idea. Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica would all still be on stage, although deactivated and slightly withered, with holes in their suit and wires dangling, as well as some other missing parts.

    Obviously the pizzeria itself would be too small, so the outside area could be included as well. It would mostly be trees and other foliage, with some small houses and the shack along the outer perimeter.

    A generator would always appear in the locations backroom (like the bathroom gen on "The Game"). Should this generator be repaired, the stage lights would turn on and the power would be restored to the main dining area. The animatronics would also turn on and give a stage performance that would last about ~2 mins. This stage performance would be loud, and its initiation would trigger light beams to shine in the sky from the location's entrance (they would turn off after the performance ended), and short sound cue of rock music to be heard across the entire map (like the boat horn on the swamp).

    I understand that a FNaF chapter is a very controversial topic, and it's probably not likely that we'll get one (atleast until the movie, and even then its a stretch), but I can always hope. My theory is that Scott Cawthon has already approached BHVR, but BHVR has already turned him down due to it being such a controversial topic within the DbD community. Hopefully, I could shed some light on the topic or possibly even convince you! If not, I get it. Everyone has their own opinions, and it's okay to share them as long as we respect them.

    Hey dude actually the fantoms were the one that killed William afton. He put on a spring bonnie suit and what the ghosts did was supposedly spring locked his body killing him unexpectedly here's a video to show you how he died

    https://youtu.be/RmdutJ5SOzk


  • @UwUMyersUwU said:

    Half of the comments are hate or just rude ways of saying no, but I'll be constructive for once.

    A FnaF killer wouldn't work, when the majority of them don't move when looked at, just scream to attack, are just kinda blocky and would probably break the look of the game for it, would have like no fluid hit animation, at for the icing, how do you make a survivor that you don't ever see?

    All animatronics move while you watch them, some slower than others. See FNAF Vr and any other game since they also move to rooms or halls when you stare at them.

    There are still the books you could base the chapter on. It has Springtrap, a rotten, dark animatronic suit with the corps of the killer inside. It has a place that could possibly the map, the childhood home of the main character that was left to rot and the area around it. And for the survivors, the main character has plenty of friends that could become one of the Survivors for the chapter.

    FNsF is not only about shiny colorful animatronics attacking you in a flashy Pizzaria for kids.

    Forgot to mention that the books play in a completly other universe.

  • @UwUMyersUwU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968269#Comment_968269

    As said, the art design would break the flow of the game, we still have no clue about a survivor (and seeing Quentin, we shouldn't go off descriptions...) And again, not much else to give the animatronic besides maybe a hand swipe, (where have we seen this?...) Or a knife for a weapon.

    I respect the ideas and opinions, but I'd like more in depth design. I'm not talking full blown out power and perks, but maybe how it would work.

    I dunno, end of the day? BHVRs choice.

    To the design part, that's why they could go of the books, they's had more creativity and such since Springtrap isn't shown. About survivors, as said they are in the books described and there's a recently released graphic novel of the first novel with pictures of them, even tho in a cartoony style, then again, they could make them fit the style of DbD too. Same for the map.

    I'm sure people just don't want it because either they don't like licensed chapters, don't like the community, can't imagine the animatronic matching dbds style, only look at the colorful not fitting animatronics like Freddy, Foxy or all 4 points together.

  • @UwUMyersUwU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968303#Comment_968303

    I don't think it completely shouldn't be added, but if they do, a grotesque look should be in order. I'm talking on the lines of the kill screen in the first game, your bloody corpse in a Freddy suit. That would be kind of scary to see limping at you, or maybe a spring. And with the books, I'm sorry for being so crude here, normally I'd be more constructive, no. Devs are just... They're the dbd devs. Giving them that trust, isn't good. So if this were a thing, perhaps a solo killer pack should be in order.

    I was skeptical at first when I heard the idea of the whole FNaF Chapter idea, but after a bit of thinking I thought it might fit at the end since there is the corps of the killer in the rotten, dark and withered animatronic with the corps being seen. Being still alive as basically the same with Spirit, that girl got mangled into pieces.

    Even I myself would want any other animatronic, because every other wouldn't fit. At all. Same with a silly pizzaria map.

  • @fnaf_lover2431 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/961112#Comment_961112

    Hey dude actually the fantoms were the one that killed William afton. He put on a spring bonnie suit and what the ghosts did was supposedly spring locked his body killing him unexpectedly here's a video to show you how he died

    https://youtu.be/RmdutJ5SOzk

    What you mentioned technically killed Afton, but when I mentioned that he "died" at the end of FNaF 6, I meant it was when his spirit was released.

    So yes, the children's spirits did kill him, but it was ultimately the fire that bannished his spirit for good. I left a lot of details out for the purpose of keeping things short, but I probably should have mentioned this in more detail.

  • @UwUMyersUwU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968336#Comment_968336

    If it did come out, it should only be a killer. No map, no survivor. Alongside it should be a killer and map rework.

    A FnaF map and survivor are just tedious to design and just don't fit.

    And I'm sure a game about murder some people already complain about don't need a Chuck-e-cheese lookalike in game..

    I feel like (although this is unusual) the chapter should have a killer and map, but no survivor.

    This was my idea for the map (copy and pasted from another post):

    "I had my own idea for the map. It was the original Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, that would be extremely withered (Big chunks of the concrete wall missing, torn wall paper, chairs and tables flipped and scattered around, you get the idea). The animatronics would still be on stage, but withered down and broken.

    Outside the location would be playable as well, with foliage and trees surrounding the building, and houses along the map's perimeter.

    There would always be a generator in the backroom of the building (like the bathroom gen on "The Game"). Every time that generator is completed, spotlights would turn on and start waving at the buildings entrance. Furthermore, the power in the building would turn on, lighting up the dining area and stage lights, with an animatronic performance from the original 3 (although it would be very jittery due to their condition)."

  • @UwUMyersUwU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968687#Comment_968687

    There shouldn't be a map. Even with outside foliage, it'd be stupid, no one would like it (unless it was extremely one sided) and it should only be a killer. The game doesn't deserve a big dlc portion in dbd. It's lucky if it'll even get noticed by devs.

    Well if "no one would like it" is the best arguement there is for why there shouldn't be a map, then I'm not buying it. That's purely subjective. There is definitely potential to merge the different games' themes into something great.

    And it already got noticed by the devs. Sarah (UI Designer) has gone on record and said that she would want FNaF to be added. Furthermore, many FNaF related concepts have been "read by BHVR". It's not an issue of popularity.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968081#Comment_968081

    What you mentioned technically killed Afton, but when I mentioned that he "died" at the end of FNaF 6, I meant it was when his spirit was released.

    So yes, the children's spirits did kill him, but it was ultimately the fire that bannished his spirit for good. I left a lot of details out for the purpose of keeping things short, but I probably should have mentioned this in more detail.

    Your good bro what you said was the total truth but honestly I think a fnaf chapter would work because your right there are a lot of people that tend to be toxic to others who don't play the game but I'm not one of those people I play it and if the other person hasn't played it I mentioned they try it and if they say no I gladly say ok and walk away I mean we talk about other things but I say why not to the dbd community page would they think a fnaf chapter wouldn't work because technically the animatronics don't just kill children they kill adults as well a.k.a the security guards and many others like in the joy of creation I just honestly think why the hate. But you don't seem to hate and I'm glad I'm talking to someone who has at least more sanity in the whole dbd community thanks NightmareReborn

  • I hope this never happens. I fear I might uninstall and never come back.

  • @TwinCrow said:

    I hope this never happens. I fear I might uninstall and never come back.

    lol I felt that. But who knows? I guess it’s possible.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968341#Comment_968341

    I feel like (although this is unusual) the chapter should have a killer and map, but no survivor.

    This was my idea for the map (copy and pasted from another post):

    "I had my own idea for the map. It was the original Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, that would be extremely withered (Big chunks of the concrete wall missing, torn wall paper, chairs and tables flipped and scattered around, you get the idea). The animatronics would still be on stage, but withered down and broken.

    Outside the location would be playable as well, with foliage and trees surrounding the building, and houses along the map's perimeter.

    There would always be a generator in the backroom of the building (like the bathroom gen on "The Game"). Every time that generator is completed, spotlights would turn on and start waving at the buildings entrance. Furthermore, the power in the building would turn on, lighting up the dining area and stage lights, with an animatronic performance from the original 3 (although it would be very jittery due to their condition)."

    Let's not mention burnt areas but shouldn't the map be like the one in fnaf 3 because think of this if springtrap was on fnaf 3 I think the map personally should be the rebuilt freddy fazbears pizzeria in fnaf 3 and then his abilities can be vanish, soul reap and soul spend

    Vanish: teleport 5 feet away from a survivor

    Soul reap: stun survivor for 10 seconds and deal 15 hp damage

    Note: close range attack

    Soul speed: stun all survivors within 15 feet for 15 seconds and deal 10 hp damage for 10 seconds

    That's just a idea if you want to go with yours I'm cool with that to

  • I don't think I could be possible unless a main protagonist has an actual face and outfit. All we know is the night guards names. I highly doubt it could be possible lore wise anyway. I don't know. It could be possible if Scott gave the main character an identity other than a name.

  • @fnaf_lover2431 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968687#Comment_968687

    Let's not mention burnt areas but shouldn't the map be like the one in fnaf 3 because think of this if springtrap was on fnaf 3 I think the map personally should be the rebuilt freddy fazbears pizzeria in fnaf 3 and then his abilities can be vanish, soul reap and soul spend

    Vanish: teleport 5 feet away from a survivor

    Soul reap: stun survivor for 10 seconds and deal 15 hp damage

    Note: close range attack

    Soul speed: stun all survivors within 15 feet for 15 seconds and deal 10 hp damage for 10 seconds

    That's just a idea if you want to go with yours I'm cool with that to

    I mentioned (idk if it was here or not) that you could theoretically use the FNaF 1 or FNaF 3 location, as they are both important in Springtrap's character arc.

  • @fnaf_lover2431 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968678#Comment_968678

    Your good bro what you said was the total truth but honestly I think a fnaf chapter would work because your right there are a lot of people that tend to be toxic to others who don't play the game but I'm not one of those people I play it and if the other person hasn't played it I mentioned they try it and if they say no I gladly say ok and walk away I mean we talk about other things but I say why not to the dbd community page would they think a fnaf chapter wouldn't work because technically the animatronics don't just kill children they kill adults as well a.k.a the security guards and many others like in the joy of creation I just honestly think why the hate. But you don't seem to hate and I'm glad I'm talking to someone who has at least more sanity in the whole dbd community thanks NightmareReborn

    Hey, thanks!

    I agree with everything you said. It's honestly very annoying when someone says something that's invalid or incorrect, and then when you try to reply with a valid counterargument, they shut you down. I'm not saying this applies to everyone who dislikes a FNaF chapter. Some people just prefer somethings over others and that's okay. Nevertheless, its something that's all too common.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977147#Comment_977147

    Hey, thanks!

    I agree with everything you said. It's honestly very annoying when someone says something that's invalid or incorrect, and then when you try to reply with a valid counterargument, they shut you down. I'm not saying this applies to everyone who dislikes a FNaF chapter. Some people just prefer somethings over others and that's okay. Nevertheless, its something that's all too common.

    True it's just know there be haters everywhere you go even on the dbd community I just don't see why people have to hate the idea when it hasn't been put on the game so I mean a wise old man once said(my grandpa) "when people hate things they don't know of they become blind to the things that are awesome"

    Meaning if everyone hated the fnaf chapter and has not played it to get to know it or even like it that just means they are blind and they are fools

    But my grandpa did help with the graphic design of this game before he passed away

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Probably never going to happen

    They don't really fit in the game and i'm pretty sure it also wouldn't make sense lorewise

    The animatronics don't really have any reason to go after survivors and the entity can't really torture robots into complying

    @Sonzaishinai said:

    Probably never going to happen

    They don't really fit in the game and i'm pretty sure it also wouldn't make sense lorewise

    The animatronics don't really have any reason to go after survivors and the entity can't really torture robots into complying

    Well it seems a bit of stretch to torture robots but you have to remember that the robots are inhabited but vengeful spirits of the children that William Afton killed in the story, so technically these robots are very conscious but the best option they have is springtrap as he fits the whole vibe of dbd much better than all of the other brighter colored animatronics like the fun time ones, springtrap has William Aftons body inside and his spirit controls springtrap and the general look of springtrap actually works, but then again it would be weird to see that a game has gone from crazy hatchet ladies and cannibals with chainsaws to a possessed animatronic bunny, the only thing that stops this chapter from working is the survivor cause like, WHO TF COULD THEY CHOOSE all they could do is guess what the night guard looks like.

  • @Emeraldwing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/959511#Comment_959511

    Ummm, sure. A game series about a serial killer brutally murdering several children and the vengeful spirits of those children in turn brutally murdering security workers... I would agree that the fact the story centres around a parody of Chuck E. Cheese and that most of the terror comes from jumpscares may make it seem kiddy, I think it's just that after incredibly popular Youtubers played it and introduced it to a wider audience, including their younger fans they gave it the stigma of a series meant for kids. But whatever, none of that's important, all that would matter for FNaF to come to DbD is that BHVR and Scott Cawthon could come to an agreement on licensing and BHVR can find a way to implement a character into the game. FNaF at its core is still a horror game regardless of its reputation. So it has a chance, no matter how slim.

    yeah true William did kill children, stuff them in suits, hide from their spirits in a suit, gets crushed and wreaks havoc in the future... seems pretty kid friendly to me xD also we arent gonna mention that henry afton literally could have been crushed and rebuilt as a robot for multiple games in the future lol

  • @FHRDN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/959095#Comment_959095

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/959095#Comment_959095

    Well it seems a bit of stretch to torture robots but you have to remember that the robots are inhabited but vengeful spirits of the children that William Afton killed in the story, so technically these robots are very conscious but the best option they have is springtrap as he fits the whole vibe of dbd much better than all of the other brighter colored animatronics like the fun time ones, springtrap has William Aftons body inside and his spirit controls springtrap and the general look of springtrap actually works, but then again it would be weird to see that a game has gone from crazy hatchet ladies and cannibals with chainsaws to a possessed animatronic bunny, the only thing that stops this chapter from working is the survivor cause like, WHO TF COULD THEY CHOOSE all they could do is guess what the night guard looks like.

    Springtrap would be the best bet yeah. There have been killer only chapters so that won't really stop it

  • It's a great idea to have a fnaf chapter but the majority of the toxic dbd community is unironically complaining about the fnaf community

  • I would actually like to see Springtrap as the killer and I think it'd make the most sense if Fnaf actually had a chapter.


    I not sure what all of his stuff would be but I'd imagine he'd get a unique hook in the form of empty suits to stuff the survivors in. (the animatronics that can be both a suit to wear and an endoskeleton for the animatronics to walk around with get a nod here. I can't think of which ones specifically work both atm, but it'd be a way to get a nod to all the other animatronics that aren't playable.)


    For those who are unfamiliar, these suits have locks that pull back the endoskeleton so that people can fit in them themselves and walk around the pizzerias and what not. But in one of the Fnaf games, sister location, you get stuffed in one that's slowly unlocking the endoskeleton part of the suit that could snap shut and absolutely crush you to bits. And that does happens to some characters in game..


    So the unique hook for Springtrap would be him stuffing survivors into suits laid around the map. The suit locks the survivor in by the legs so they can't simply get themselves out but still can move their arms and head. But as the struggle phase begins, the survivor slowly gets their arms and head locked into place before the struggle phase ends and the suit snaps them in forever. Then part of their soul haunts the suit, glowing the suits eyes, and gives Springtrap some add on potential like maybe hag-like jump scares that make the survivors on edge around them or give them terror radius, ect.


    Btw, they'd make a simple button somewhere low on the suit to rescue the survivor from entrapment.


    I get some people won't ever like the idea, and that's completely fine. We can all have our own valid opinions, but I hope this kinda gives you an idea of how it could work and how it's a pretty messed up game. It does have horror, it just plays off the creator being a sole indie dev and using that to his advantage to set up some different feelings of anxiety and tension. Even if there's just a lot of jump scares.

  • Interesting that some of you say the FNAF community is toxic, from what I've seen the DBD community is more toxic and I've been a part of both community for a long time.

  • I think it's possible, and it would fit the game pretty well for the most part but I am skeptical of how the animatronics would move in an action oriented space.

    We have far more silly/ridiculous/childish things in game right now than FNAF characters so it's hardly a broad step.

    I don't think it's terribly likely to happen though if I am being honest. Actually, I don't expect many more licensed anything in the long run really.

    Capcom is pretty money hungry though, they might do something with BHVR.

  • Willy's Wonderland. It would feel like it's my birthday.

1 2 3