The amount of farming...

...is thourgh the roof. Every other game the killer wants to farm - and my fellow survivors comply. I'm not interested in waiting 10 minutes for a lobby and then being forced to either DC or sit and press m1 for another 5 minutes. Can we just play the game? Jesus.

Comments

  • it's people not wanting to do challenges thats one addition the archives added

  • Some of the challenges are borderline impossible to do.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    it's people not wanting to do challenges thats one addition the archives added

    Yeah, I understand that people want to farm to avoid actually doing the challenges. But it's ruining the experience for other players in the process. And wwith upcoming DC penalties. I don't know man...

  • Please send the farmers my way, thanks!

    Free BP so why not

  • You can report this. Working with the killer isn't allowed.

  • Because the Challenges are SO HARD. Like playing Killer in general is SO HARD.

    You know, it is not acceptable that some challenges might need three tries. It should be done in one Try. So there is more farming. Simply people who dont want a challenge, who want it easy everytime and want to rewarded for it. But who can blame them, DBD is a casual game, after all, and nobody is really forced to get decent results.

    Personally, I dont experience farming that often. Wrote it in another thread, for me, I get a farming Killer in like 100 games on average. Sure, when a new Tome Level came out, it was a little bit more, but usually, after the first evening, I dont have any farming Killer anymore.

  • Its the end of the Rift Blues. This was bound to happen the further we got into the Tomes and the harder the objectives got. The Tomes need to be more grind based, even the harder ones. I would much rather have to hook 50 survivors over time than have to hook 5 in the basement in one match. If they switch to more grind based challenges it would encourage more normal gameplay.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953909#Comment_953909

    Yeah, I understand that people want to farm to avoid actually doing the challenges. But it's ruining the experience for other players in the process. And wwith upcoming DC penalties. I don't know man...

    Killer or Survivors want to farm? Free BP and a relaxing game? Sign me up.

    Chances are this weekend you'll be bombarded with farming. Double blood point event.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953922#Comment_953922

    Killer or Survivors want to farm? Free BP and a relaxing game? Sign me up.

    Chances are this weekend you'll be bombarded with farming. Double blood point event.

    Relaxing gameplay? I wouldn't classify farming as gameplay.

    Yes, farming will get worse, hence the thread.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Some of the challenges are borderline impossible to do.

    I get that, but farming isn't a viable solution. BHVR should fix the challenges.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953939#Comment_953939

    Relaxing gameplay? I wouldn't classify farming as gameplay.

    Yes, farming will get worse, hence the thread.

    It's clearly gameplay. Games on and your playing hense gameplay.

  • @Tr0g said:

    You can report this. Working with the killer isn't allowed.

    But then I need to record, right?


  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953986#Comment_953986

    It's clearly gameplay. Games on and your playing hense gameplay.

    If you frame it like that, sure. I'm referring to the intended gameplay.

  • If you want to be a [BAD WORD] just report farmers. I myself am not passing up free bp no matter how "boring" it is.

  • Farming is not reportable, and not bannable. The confusion comes when people mention "working with the killer" as a reportable offense. The phrase "working with the killer" refers to when a survivor actively harasses the other survivors because they happen to have been matched with their killer friend by constantly sandbagging or leading the killer to the other survivors.

    Mutual farming of BP is "looked down upon" by the devs, but not an offense that will get anyone banned.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953917#Comment_953917

    I get that, but farming isn't a viable solution. BHVR should fix the challenges.

    Until they do, farm away.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953999#Comment_953999

    If you frame it like that, sure. I'm referring to the intended gameplay.

    Still doing the intended stuff just without consequences. Most killers will kill you if you dont want to join in.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954045#Comment_954045

    Still doing the intended stuff just without consequences. Most killers will kill you if you dont want to join in.

    Since you seem to suggest that farming is an intended feature of the game, I think we should end our discussion here. We have vastly different views of the game and this is not really leading anywhere. Have a nice night.

  • @PyroGL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954038#Comment_954038

    Farming is not reportable, and not bannable. The confusion comes when people mention "working with the killer" as a reportable offense. The phrase "working with the killer" refers to when a survivor actively harasses the other survivors because they happen to have been matched with their killer friend by constantly sandbagging or leading the killer to the other survivors.

    Mutual farming of BP is "looked down upon" by the devs, but not an offense that will get anyone banned.

    I think @Peanits said everyone need to be in on it. But I'm not sure.

  • Just finish the gens and leave the game, some people need to farm to get through challenges. Earlier I asked a swf (who was really nice) to help me with the six feet under challenge and now I can get through the rest do my challenges without literally getting frustrated every game.

  • @justaSpirit_phase said:

    Just finish the gens and leave the game, some people need to farm to get through challenges. Earlier I asked a swf (who was really nice) to help me with the six feet under challenge and now I can get through the rest do my challenges without literally getting frustrated every game.

    Me and my friends keep running into people who ask us to help with their challenge and we do because why not. This community isn't all bad sometimes. I got my trapper challenges done with the help of others most of the time.

  • @justaSpirit_phase said:

    Just finish the gens and leave the game, some people need to farm to get through challenges. Earlier I asked a swf (who was really nice) to help me with the six feet under challenge and now I can get through the rest do my challenges without literally getting frustrated every game.

    This is a fine mentality when it's a game once in a while. But when you play ten games and four out of those are farming games, you get tired of it.

  • a Freddy killed me cus I popped the last game while my teammates was farming

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954241#Comment_954241

    This is a fine mentality when it's a game once in a while. But when you play ten games and four out of those are farming games, you get tired of it.

    That is once in a while to me. At least once in a while in terms of facing Ghostface lmao

  • @Tr0g said:

    You can report this. Working with the killer isn't allowed.

    This isn't reportable, please stop submitting stuff like this it wastes their time getting to real things.

    Working with the killer means leading him to your teammates or body blocking your teammates to make it easier for the killer to get them.

  • @Tr0g said:

    You can report this. Working with the killer isn't allowed.

    This has been addressed many times by the Devs themselves. Farming isn't against the rules. Teaming with the killer to grief other survivors is.

    The report button for this shows a robot because it was intended to report farming bots, which was a problem a few years ago.

  • OMG did you really make this thread?

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953909#Comment_953909

    Yeah, I understand that people want to farm to avoid actually doing the challenges. But it's ruining the experience for other players in the process. And wwith upcoming DC penalties. I don't know man...

    Just rush gens and go. Easy fix.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954077#Comment_954077

    Since you seem to suggest that farming is an intended feature of the game, I think we should end our discussion here. We have vastly different views of the game and this is not really leading anywhere. Have a nice night.

    I dont actually, but you may as well accept it is part of the game. Intended or not people will farm for events, or because of Rift challenges, or simply because someone wants too.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Some of the challenges are borderline impossible to do.

    None of them are even close to impossible, lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Because the Challenges are SO HARD. Like playing Killer in general is SO HARD.

    You know, it is not acceptable that some challenges might need three tries. It should be done in one Try. So there is more farming. Simply people who dont want a challenge, who want it easy everytime and want to rewarded for it. But who can blame them, DBD is a casual game, after all, and nobody is really forced to get decent results.

    Personally, I dont experience farming that often. Wrote it in another thread, for me, I get a farming Killer in like 100 games on average. Sure, when a new Tome Level came out, it was a little bit more, but usually, after the first evening, I dont have any farming Killer anymore.

    All of the killer challenges are extremely easy, only the 4 kills in the basement is hard, because survivors can deny it if they want. I got every single challenge in 1 match each, first try each.

  • @Jacksansyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953930#Comment_953930

    All of the killer challenges are extremely easy, only the 4 kills in the basement is hard, because survivors can deny it if they want. I got every single challenge in 1 match each, first try each.

    Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

  • @natasastev said:

    OMG did you really make this thread?

    No I didn't. This is just a dream. Go back to sleep.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954174#Comment_954174

    I dont actually, but you may as well accept it is part of the game. Intended or not people will farm for events, or because of Rift challenges, or simply because someone wants too.

    Have it whichever way you like. As I said, our discussion isn't going anywhere.

  • The problem is the long queues that comes with it. It's more like: rush gens and go wait another ten minutes.


  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954253#Comment_954253

    That is once in a while to me. At least once in a while in terms of facing Ghostface lmao

    I mean if people think farming is a good thing, maybe a new playmode should be considered?

  • Yeah I had a SWF team add me to there group chat on ps4 so I could farm with them. I told them I'm here to bring death, not farm, and smashed them all to smithereens. Boy the toxic hate I got after THAT! I work all day, do the family thing when I get off. The limited time I DO have to play, I damn sure ain't farming. I'm the bringer of death. You wanna farm? Then go play Farmville...

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    Yeah I had a SWF team add me to there group chat on ps4 so I could farm with them. I told them I'm here to bring death, not farm, and smashed them all to smithereens. Boy the toxic hate I got after THAT! I work all day, do the family thing when I get off. The limited time I DO have to play, I damn sure ain't farming. I'm the bringer of death. You wanna farm? Then go play Farmville...

    Well at least you aren't a hypocrite.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    Yeah I had a SWF team add me to there group chat on ps4 so I could farm with them. I told them I'm here to bring death, not farm, and smashed them all to smithereens. Boy the toxic hate I got after THAT! I work all day, do the family thing when I get off. The limited time I DO have to play, I damn sure ain't farming. I'm the bringer of death. You wanna farm? Then go play Farmville...

    Preach!

  • In a normal game, it will take you a LONG time to get 4 Survivors in the basement.

    In a normal game, it will take you a LONG time to complete 4/5 gens with Dark Sense.

    I simply don't have that kind of time.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954339#Comment_954339

    In a normal game, it will take you a LONG time to get 4 Survivors in the basement.

    In a normal game, it will take you a LONG time to complete 4/5 gens with Dark Sense.

    I simply don't have that kind of time.

    Agitation, Iron Grasp, you can carry them halfway across the map lmao, I did it on my first ever attempt yesterday.


    and im sorry but YOU not having the time to attempt them doesn't make them impossible.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954396#Comment_954396

    Agitation, Iron Grasp, you can carry them halfway across the map lmao, I did it on my first ever attempt yesterday.

    Same

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954396#Comment_954396

    Agitation, Iron Grasp, you can carry them halfway across the map lmao, I did it on my first ever attempt yesterday.

    The majority of people playing this game are casually playing it. I am not. I put about 300 hours into the game since the rift started.

    At red ranks on Xbox NA, people will DC if they find out you are running Iron Grasp or Agitation. It took me 15 games to find a team that wouldn't DC when they got hooked in basement.

    The Devs also said that this pass was supposed to be managable for casual players. Not easy, but certainly doable. I have not seen that reflected in the grind. All I ask is that they adjust some challenges and increase the gain from just playing the game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954401#Comment_954401

    The majority of people playing this game are casually playing it. I am not. I put about 300 hours into the game since the rift started.

    At red ranks on Xbox NA, people will DC if they find out you are running Iron Grasp or Agitation. It took me 15 games to find a team that wouldn't DC when they got hooked in basement.

    The Devs also said that this pass was supposed to be managable for casual players. Not easy, but certainly doable. I have not seen that reflected in the grind. All I ask is that they adjust some challenges and increase the gain from just playing the game.

    300 hours in 60 days is far from casually playing, dividing that time between actual life and sleep you're sinking a lot of time into playing "casually".


    Again, people keep saying survivors are DCing en masse, my first match trying this yesterday and I had everyone down within a couple of minutes and in the basement and obviously no one DCd, I heavily expected a DC.but I feel people are just playing like ass and survivors are dcing for it, I don't condone it but I also don't blame them, it's very easy to make this game boring.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954413#Comment_954413

    300 hours in 60 days is far from casually playing, dividing that time between actual life and sleep you're sinking a lot of time into playing "casually".

    Again, people keep saying survivors are DCing en masse, my first match trying this yesterday and I had everyone down within a couple of minutes and in the basement and obviously no one DCd, I heavily expected a DC.but I feel people are just playing like ass and survivors are dcing for it, I don't condone it but I also don't blame them, it's very easy to make this game boring.

    I am aware I am not playing casually. That should prove the point that it isn't made for casual players. Besides, 3/4 of that time was probably spent in queue.

    It is not my fault that the challenges are what they are. If Survivors think its boring or unfun, contact the Devs. Don't DC and screw everyone else over.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954335#Comment_954335

    The problem is the long queues that comes with it. It's more like: rush gens and go wait another ten minutes.

    That's the fault of BHVR. They create a miserable killer experience, queue times get longer.


  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954377#Comment_954377

    That's the fault of BHVR. They create a miserable killer experience, queue times get longer.

    I agree that queues could be more balanced. But it doesn't matter whose fault it is. Farming games still steal time from me.

  • Sorry, it's hard to tell, most people are quite serious about it being "too hard"

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954441#Comment_954441

    I agree that queues could be more balanced. But it doesn't matter whose fault it is. Farming games still steal time from me.

    Yeah. A 4man swf with OoO steals time from me too when i play hag. Just move on man. It's boring, but will eventually get better in january.

  • I get messages from killers every now and then while in the lobby asking if I could help them do a challenge. Just recently helped with a basement challenge luckily I was in a party with friends so everyone was on the same page. I understand how difficult some challenges for killers can be.