Potential Fix for SWF

SWF is really only an issue when its a full group of players who know how to play and are well coordinated. So I purpose that limits be set and based on the highest ranked survivor.

If the highest ranked survivor in the lobby is:

Red Ranks 1-4 Max SWF party size = 2 players

Purple Ranks 5-8 Max SWF party Size = 3 players

All other Ranks no restrictions

These restrictions would be based on the highest level survivor in the group not the group as a whole. This will allow low rank players who are either new to the game or not as well versed to casually play with their friends in 4 man groups. It will also stop well coordinated groups of skilled players from destroying killers.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Doing_gens_wbu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950477#Comment_950477

    Yes that's the sad part 🤔 however having ingame chat could be helpful for solos though.

    solos don't need help. I am rank 1 survivor and I only play solo. You don't need any additional communication other then what is already in game. Just pay attention

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950488#Comment_950488

    solos don't need help. I am rank 1 survivor and I only play solo. You don't need any additional communication other then what is already in game. Just pay attention

    Killers doesn't need help, I am rank 1 killer, you don't need any additional nerfs to SWF, just pay attention.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950488#Comment_950488

    solos don't need help. I am rank 1 survivor and I only play solo. You don't need any additional communication other then what is already in game. Just pay attention

    ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

    @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950499#Comment_950499

    Killers doesn't need help, I am rank 1 killer, you don't need any additional nerfs to SWF, just pay attention.


  • @laurelstroodle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950490#Comment_950490

    It is, but what's the point when I have no restrict doing a discord call and I dont have to be in X meters to hear something?

    Let's say the ban all those comms-apps.

    What stops BHVR of me doing a whatsaap call/skype/steam voice chat/being in the same room?

    Like I said there's no guarantee and it's out of the goodwill of the players. Tbh though who LAN parties nowadays? If you mean with your phone or something then yes I can see how (of course how willing are they for the extra steps). Still like I said, if anything it could be useful for solos.

  • @Doing_gens_wbu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950495#Comment_950495

    Like I said there's no guarantee and it's out of the goodwill of the players. Tbh though who LAN parties nowadays? If you mean with your phone or something then yes I can see how (of course how willing are they for the extra steps). Still like I said, if anything it could be useful for solos.

    And like I said it, once again SWF would have the advatange, once again.

    What's the point of having a voice comms with restrictions when I can do a whatsaap call or steam call without any kind of restrictions?

  • Wont happen. Suggest something else

  • @laurelstroodle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950506#Comment_950506

    And like I said it, once again SWF would have the advatange, once again.

    What's the point of having a voice comms with restrictions when I can do a whatsaap call or steam call without any kind of restrictions?

    Once again. I said there's no guarantee and it's the goodwill of the people. It's just an idea. Do you have any better? Because there really isn't much that would be fair to either side.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950472#Comment_950472

    When I play killer I check all the survivor profiles before the match starts and If I see a swf group I always back out. But many players will make their profile private or hide their friends list to hide the fact they are doing swf

    Doing exactly same and when I see swf Im leaving coz its pain in a**. Groups should be able to communicate only by visuals or perks ingame and not voicechatting and informing team mates on the opposite side of map whats happening. There are aura reading perks like Bond or Emphaty that are completely replaced by voicechat. Its same like every SWF member has 4 perks + Bond, Emphaty...etc in addition. Killers cannot have friend on voicechat and getting info about position of survivors and situation on map. This is exact reason why there is not in-game chat and survivors has aura reading perks and "point" gesture to communicate. What if killers has 4 perks + 2 and more aura reading perks? Its ok for survivors? I doubt and its exactly how killers feel vs SWFs.

    Voicechatting is that problem thats giving HUGE advantage to SWF and coz its not possible to eliminate 3rd party voice-chatting its necessary to give some boost to killer facing premade groups (only working when facing SWF). This is not punishing ppl for playing with friends but countebalancing game for killers and make it fair for both sides.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950499#Comment_950499

    Killers doesn't need help, I am rank 1 killer, you don't need any additional nerfs to SWF, just pay attention.

    20191224233455_1.jpg

    prove it

  • @Doing_gens_wbu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950509#Comment_950509

    Once again. I said there's no guarantee and it's the goodwill of the people. It's just an idea. Do you have any better? Because there really isn't much that would be fair to either side.

    I have an idea:

    Stop complaining about SWF cause it isn't going anywhere and devs already said a lot of time they are not going to punish people for playing with their friend.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950493#Comment_950493

    YIKES.

    All that effort for a match you'd probably 4K against anyway lmao.

    https://youtu.be/gTpZSllfMmw?t=553

    Don't forget to check the SWF was intended proof video ;)

    Regardless of what the dev's may say in your video from 2 years ago. The game is not balanced around 4 players being able to use voice communication. If it was then we would have in game voip

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950494#Comment_950494

    Regardless of what the dev's may say in your video from 2 years ago. The game is not balanced around 4 players being able to use voice communication. If it was then we would have in game voip

    Do you work for BHVR to say this kind of things?

    And you know why we dont have in game voip? cause no one wants to hear a kid screaming because the hex totem got destroyed, no one wants to hear someone insulting you.

    And btw you contradict yourself, you're saying "game never was designed for 4 player to be in communication"

    @SenzuDuck shows a video from the game early stage (basically when it was being designed) where devs say it is.

    Soo...?

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950494#Comment_950494

    Regardless of what the dev's may say in your video from 2 years ago. The game is not balanced around 4 players being able to use voice communication. If it was then we would have in game voip

    The video is from one year ago... do you realise that gives it more credibility, right? It's an old video, so they stated this A LONG TIME AGO.

    chrome-28-2325.png

    This is from my stream, and also the day before last rank reset because I work a lot around the holidays so I'm still only rank 4 after the reset because you know, work.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950424#Comment_950424

    the game was doing fine before swf was even in the game so I think your being a little over dramatic. League of legends doesn't let Players who are ranked gold play with their friends who are ranked bronze and that game seems pretty popular.

    SWF was added almost immediately after launch lol. And if you're seriously trying to compare dbd to league im out of here

  • @ImmortalReaver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950424#Comment_950424

    Sorry to burst your bubble but it would not die that quickly.

    Doesnt matter bc they're never gonna penalize people for playing with their friends ^_^

  • If this was a game with a more esports-like culture around it and seperate ranked/casual queues that could work, but it's not.

    "Uh oh I ranked up, sorry Jim but we gotta cut you now. See you later!" isn't something you want people to experience, and that's without getting into how it encouraged deranking both for casual players that just want to play with their friends and the actual "play to grief" squads that probably already derank anyway.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950373#Comment_950373

    I'm rank 1 survivor and I play solo its really not bad at all. Only sucks when you get a toxic killer or de-ranking teammates. Also just saying buff this and nerf that without giving any real constructive ideas doesn't help

    I play on console where the majority of matches are SWF will screw you over. Solo is pretty ######### sometimes.

    As for my vagueness, I am not a game designer, nor will I pretend to be, I have some ideas for balance, but I realize that I do not have the data nor expertise needed to make a fully informed decision.

  • Just give the killer double blood points when going against SWF.

  • @Kycer said:

    Just give the killer double blood points when going against SWF.

    Killers already get significantly more BP than survivors, giving them even more BP would just mean they're running their best addons 2x as much.

  • This is possibly the stupidest idea I have read on these forums.

    @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950373#Comment_950373

    I'm rank 1 survivor and I play solo its really not bad at all. Only sucks when you get a toxic killer or de-ranking teammates. Also just saying buff this and nerf that without giving any real constructive ideas doesn't help


    Also I strongly doubt that you're a rank 1 solo survivor.

  • I read the first post. I haven't read anything after. I assume everyone here with a brain between their ears agrees with me when I say you can not, under any circumstances, punish people for playing with their friends. Ever. Limiting, penalizing, punishing SWF players, or anything even remotely close to that nature is the incorrect approach.

    The only correct balance approach is to bring solos up to the SWF level of intel, and buff killers accordingly around that.

    @Doing_gens_wbu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950430#Comment_950430

    Punishing people to play with your friends is no fun. Like I said add in game voicechat with the ability for the killer to overhear. These are absurd nerfs to just SWF.

    Also a terrible idea. The last thing the killer wants is to hear survivors. It would be a ######### show.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    I read the first post. I haven't read anything after. I assume everyone here with a brain between their ears agrees with me when I say you can not, under any circumstances, punish people for playing with their friends. Ever. Limiting, penalizing, punishing SWF players, or anything even remotely close to that nature is the incorrect approach.

    The only correct balance approach is to bring solos up to the SWF level of intel, and buff killers accordingly around that.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950448#Comment_950448

    Also a terrible idea. The last thing the killer wants is to hear survivors. It would be a ######### show.

    Exactly, "The only correct balance approach is to bring solos up to the SWF level of intel, and buff killers accordingly around that."

  • @Kycer said:

    Just give the killer double blood points when going against SWF.

    Give survivors more bps when going against a mori

  • @Runcore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950836#Comment_950836

    Exactly, "The only correct balance approach is to bring solos up to the SWF level of intel, and buff killers accordingly around that."

    What if rather than the killer "hearing" the survivors it counted as a loud disturbance, getting a notification if they talk within 5 meters to a full on aura read outside 30 meters, that way you cant use it to fully distract because the killer knows you are distracting cause he sees your aura

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950399#Comment_950399

    Pretty much every other game that has a competative ranking system besides dead by daylight has some sort of restrictions in place to keep matchmaking balanced.

    Show us examples, I got curious.

  • @Runcore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950836#Comment_950836

    Exactly, "The only correct balance approach is to bring solos up to the SWF level of intel, and buff killers accordingly around that."

    I think this mentality is unrealistic, making solos know where you are at all times would only make it possible to win if all killers somehow become as powerful as pre-nerf nurse.

    This could be done, of course, but this would change the game so much that it won't even be the same game at that point.

  • League of legends does not let players play together if their ranks are too far apart and they do not let 4 man groups play ranked. Counter strike does not let you play ranked with other players until you are ranked yourself and players who's ranks are too far apart can't play together.

  • I've only seen myself suggest this, but I hope there are others:

    create an SWF-specific perk (without tiers and named something like voices from beyond, idk), and force the perk into the first perk slot of every player in an SWF group to compensate for the perks SWF replaces.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/950399#Comment_950399

    Pretty much every other game that has a competative ranking system besides dead by daylight has some sort of restrictions in place to keep matchmaking balanced.

    I'm not a CS:GO player, but what kind of restrictions are there? Devs punish you for playing with friends? You can't play 2+1+1+1 vs full 5 team? I'm pretty sure you can.

    Adding voice chat? Yes. Making two modes where killer plays vs teams or solo survivors and vs teams killer gets some buffs? Potentially. Punishing people for playing with friends after making that an option? Worst idea ever, unless you'd like to lose some amount of playerbase, then yeah, it's a good idea.

1 2 ›