Killers and Tunneling

(Edit)

since the discussion keeps going off topic, or my point to be exact, here’s an edit.

my main point is about the penalty instilled on survivors that are tunneled without the killer going to other survivors or attempting to kill other survivors. 5 gens still up and the killer targets one individual, even if gens are completed during that time and the one survivor has kept the killer distracted BECAUSE he’s tunneling, that survivor is not rewarded and more so penalized post-match or death

A survivor loses pip, time wasted in the match, and receives little to no BP.

Oh, and for the record since it matters so much to the toxic majority, I am a killer main. I see the issue with this sort of tunneling.


————————————-

(Original Post)

Why is tunneling not penalized? Or hook camping? It’s quite irritating when you play back to back games with nothing but killers that tunnel causing you to lose rank.

if as a survivor, I loop a killer for an extended period and get tunneled and killed, why am I penalized more than a killer?

Yeah, it’s part of the game, blah blah blah. But there can definitely be some system involved to not award killers for chasing the same survivor for “X” amount of time or for hooking a survivor “x” amount of times before messing with other survivors. What is more aggravating than playing in a game, spending 5 minutes running from a killer that’s tunneling and end up de-pipping because of it?

Survivors can be just as toxic with advanced looping but once a killer gets a hold of you, they can ruin your entire game out of spite. It’s happening too much recently on Xbox, to say the least.

Comments

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945925#Comment_945925

    The point is also over your head apparently.

    Don't get mad at me and my opinion. Get mad at the devs who have implemented this system that punishes survivors for being tunneled lol

    Far from mad at you. Is that the only thing people can come up with? Construct a critical argument rather than just spewing out that “because it’s in the game, it’s in the game”. I believe you only commented on the thread to advertise your YouTube. I’m not opposing that perspective on tunneling. I do, however, oppose your view that survivors deserve to be penalized if they didn’t help with the objective despite being targeted til they die.

  • @28_stabs said:

    then penalize:

    • genrushing
    • gen camping, tapping gens during chases (it take a lot longer to damage gens)
    • using BT on survivors who have DH and DS, lol. And the healthy survivor doesnt care to get injured, because 2 generators were done in 1st minute and the healthy guy must be chased and put on hook 3 times, LOL
    • survivors can loop killers for all 5 generators without any penalty, so penalise them for every generator done. -10k bp for every generator done during chase.

    You can penalize gen rushing by slugging with noed. Assuming they don't cleanse noed you got it. Also bring blood warden so if a gate gets opened or you know its happening hook block the exit go get em

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944955#Comment_944955

    You can penalize gen rushing by slugging with noed. Assuming they don't cleanse noed you got it. Also bring blood warden so if a gate gets opened or you know its happening hook block the exit go get em

    I need more individuals like you to comment. You have a better understanding like the other 3-4 that actually understand killers have a way to not tunnel.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946000#Comment_946000

    Far from mad at you. Is that the only thing people can come up with? Construct a critical argument rather than just spewing out that “because it’s in the game, it’s in the game”. I believe you only commented on the thread to advertise your YouTube. I’m not opposing that perspective on tunneling. I do, however, oppose your view that survivors deserve to be penalized if they didn’t help with the objective despite being targeted til they die.

    Here's the problem with you being so defensive.

    The argument that you're ignoring is literally the most important one.

    Players can't do anything about the situation, only the devs can.

    Your ire is pointed at killers who tunnel when it should be pointed at the devs who make the situation possible.

    They are penalized because of the system the devs implemented, not because the killer chose to play that way.

    I'm being facetious when I say the survivors deserve to be penalized, but I suppose you missed that.

    Again, get mad at the devs because they're the only ones who can change it.

    Asking killers not to tunnel when they want to tunnel is like asking you to let it go.

    It's not going to happen.

    lol prove me wrong.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946016#Comment_946016

    I need more individuals like you to comment. You have a better understanding like the other 3-4 that actually understand killers have a way to not tunnel.

    I've been playing as legion and freddy in their potato states and their not so bad states and can almost consistently 4k without tunneling and camping people. If I find someone I hooked already I just leave them or down them and leave. I also understand that ######### isn't fun when it happens so I don't do it to people but a lot of the people that play killer don't care because"its part of the game" Yes but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it. Just because a survivor player has the potential to look.you a whole game doesn't mean they will because most won't. So don't treat them like ######### because we all play this game because we find it fun and enjoy it. Let everyone have fun.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946012#Comment_946012

    Here's the problem with you being so defensive.

    The argument that you're ignoring is literally the most important one.

    Players can't do anything about the situation, only the devs can.

    Your ire is pointed at killers who tunnel when it should be pointed at the devs who make the situation possible.

    They are penalized because of the system the devs implemented, not because the killer chose to play that way.

    I'm being facetious when I say the survivors deserve to be penalized, but I suppose you missed that.

    Again, get mad at the devs because they're the only ones who can change it.

    Asking killers not to tunnel when they want to tunnel is like asking you to let it go.

    It's not going to happen.

    lol prove me wrong.

    I’m not asking them to play any way. The whole discussion is based around your suggestion of the devs implementing a new system to prevent survivors from de-pipping when not having the chance to play.

    You consider me defensive because the majority of the arguments on this thread have completely eluded the topic at hand and are mostly about the tunneling I support. Like your video.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946021#Comment_946021

    I've been playing as legion and freddy in their potato states and their not so bad states and can almost consistently 4k without tunneling and camping people. If I find someone I hooked already I just leave them or down them and leave. I also understand that ######### isn't fun when it happens so I don't do it to people but a lot of the people that play killer don't care because"its part of the game" Yes but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it. Just because a survivor player has the potential to look.you a whole game doesn't mean they will because most won't. So don't treat them like ######### because we all play this game because we find it fun and enjoy it. Let everyone have fun.

    I agree. I stopped playing killer for rank and focus on fun. Which is where I’m coming at with this discussion. I see no need in tunneling unless you play an extremely good team but then that’s the tunneling I support.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945085#Comment_945085

    You admit you intentionally tunnel because a survivor is better than you. Take a minute to realize how toxic that is. If you play killer and you get looped for all 5 gens, that’s literally your fault and not the survivors. There are COUNTERS to LOOPING, there are NO COUNTERS to TUNNELING.

    Killers are blessed with perks and add ons to eliminate survivors fairly quickly. A Mirrored Mike with the perks I’ve listed is a prime example. Survivors have no method of countering tunneling or hook camping. Yeah, there’s DS, but as I’ve mentioned, miss the skill check and gg and it’s a one and done perk. Meanwhile, a killer can stalk down the ONE survivor they chose to tunnel and rid them. You can’t complain about survivors having the capability of gen rushing when you risk all your time tunneling.

    Maybe I should’ve specified my peeve against tunneling. You cannot counter it. No matter how good of a survivor you are, it takes one half-decent killer to ruin your game. Name a toxic survivor tactic that can’t be countered and is on the same level as Tunneling?

    DS? One and done perk, possibility of missed skill check.

    DH? Puts you in exhausted, if you fail you’re caught, slim chance of escape.

    BT? Have to be in killers radius (Hook Campers) and lasts for one hit, has to mend self and can still be tunneled.

    Gen Rush? Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Corrupt Intervention, Thanatophobia, and probably missing other perks

    It takes a really good 4-man survivor team to win or troll a killer. Most survivor teams consist of solo players or 2-man coms. So it’s 1v1-1-1-1

    Most survivor speed perks result in exhausted. Tunneling is a legit unnecessary and toxic tactic that killers use as a petty maneuver as you’ve vastly expressed.

    I completely agree with you and it's so annoying when the killer just follows me when someone unhooked me with borrowed time just to kill me. (They don't hit me so borrowed time doesn't activate).

  • Yup! Very annoying.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    Can i just say this one thing? If you are a survivor and get tunneled, its tike to use that to draw the killer away from your team so you cam be accomplishing something instead of crying that its happening. And likewise for killers if you are being looped then leave and dont chase that person anymore, all they are doing is wasting your time. I know people are upset that killers have all these killing and tough perks, but so do survivors. Could you imagine is survivors had hex style perks that a killer could remove? The killer is the power role and has to kill to win and the survivors have to survive to win. Stop complaining about how it isnt fair that the killer has to tunnel someone sometimes and make use of it. Or go piss off and let the rest of your team lose cause you go full moron

    Usually when you get tunneled you are in the injured state. So, you can't really loop the killer that long.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945137#Comment_945137

    Go and read the full discussion. I’m a killer main. The point is, killers abuse tunneling. I played 4 straight matches where I died within 5 minutes and was the only survivor hooked. My team attempted body blocks, crossing paths, etc and I was tunneled. It has nothing to do with complaining and more so bringing awareness to how abusive it is. You can only run from a killer so much before you’re caught. On console, you get hit when you really shouldn’t have. I don’t care about perks that was never my argument. I said killers have perks to be viable without tunneling. Survivors have perks to be viable without trolling s killer. However, killers are vastly above survivors in viability for gameplay. Tunnel and you win regardless of getting a 4K. Survivors are solo when it comes to rank, I lost 4 pips because I was tunneled from start til I died without a single other survivor being touched. 3 gens eliminated. I don’t care cause it’s simple to regain rank. From a killers perspective, tunneling is unnecessary to win.

    Yeah, I hate that. Especially when I waited 30 minutes to get into a 4 or 5 minute match.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946030#Comment_946030

    I agree. I stopped playing killer for rank and focus on fun. Which is where I’m coming at with this discussion. I see no need in tunneling unless you play an extremely good team but then that’s the tunneling I support.

    I want to hit rank 1 for the achievement on PC. I have all of them on ps4 just wanna repeat that here. But I can do it without being a jerk to peeps. But I play it for the points if I'm not thinking of rank.

  • Dude just play kill your friends. That way you don't have to worry about skill.

  • He's a killer main and I'm a duck.

    Quack.

    This thread has inspired me to go tunnel the weakest and most undeserving survivor in my next few matches and burn some ebony moris I've been saving for the ones left over.

    I'm going to do it for no other reason then because I feel like it and because it's a completley valid playstyle, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

  • @Skywclu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945137#Comment_945137

    Usually when you get tunneled you are in the injured state. So, you can't really loop the killer that long.

    Agreed. Which is why I also throw out speed perks as an anti-tunnel suggestion. Exhausted hurts.

  • @Skywclu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945140#Comment_945140

    Yeah, I hate that. Especially when I waited 30 minutes to get into a 4 or 5 minute match.

    Yeah, that can also be a pain.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946045#Comment_946045

    I want to hit rank 1 for the achievement on PC. I have all of them on ps4 just wanna repeat that here. But I can do it without being a jerk to peeps. But I play it for the points if I'm not thinking of rank.

    It’s actually fairly simple to rank up on both sides of the court. I still rank my killer while having fun. It’s much easier as a killer than a survivor. That’s my opinion though.

  • @LieutenantRaage said:

    He's a killer main and I'm a duck.

    Quack.

    This thread has inspired me to go tunnel the weakest and most undeserving survivor in my next few matches and burn some ebony moris I've been saving for the ones left over.

    I'm going to do it for no other reason then because I feel like it and because it's a completley valid playstyle, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

    sooo... you want what? A standing ovation?

  • If all you did was failing to loop, juke or ditch the killer then you're not getting penalised for getting tunneled.

    You simply failed to do anything of worth in that trial. Thats why you're getting "penalized"

  • @Ace_Of_Spades said:

    Dude just play kill your friends. That way you don't have to worry about skill.

    My guy... it’s nothing skill-based in my argument. I’m a red survivor and I can get tunneled from the start by a green killer and die. It’s about early game tunneling. I don’t care if I’m tunneled mid-to-late game, after I’ve had a chance to be of assistance to my team. My beef is with dying 2-3 minutes into the game and losing pips because of it. I can loop all I want but eventually I’m caught when I’m the primary focus of a petty killer.

  • I'm already getting what I want. If they complain about it afterwards, I'll give them your name.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    If all you did was failing to loop, juke or ditch the killer then you're not getting penalised for getting tunneled.

    You simply failed to do anything of worth in that trial. Thats why you're getting "penalized"

    🤦🏽‍♂️

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944955#Comment_944955

    You can penalize gen rushing by slugging with noed. Assuming they don't cleanse noed you got it. Also bring blood warden so if a gate gets opened or you know its happening hook block the exit go get em

    A solid endgame build is a playstyle. Killers dont need to wait for the endgame to "punish" survivors actions or a lack of action. We can call tunneling and genrush a punishment, but two sides just collide together. If killer doesnt apply pressure to everyone, just use it to your advantage.

    Anyone can play the game any way they like. The topic starter is triggered, because his team dont repair generators, but he put all guilt on tunneling killer, who, BTW, expected to be genrushed. Other survivors choosed to break totems, farm hooks, open chests and do anything but the main objective, yet, they are not punished for it. Hey, lets punish the killer.

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946016#Comment_946016

    A solid endgame build is a playstyle. Killers dont need to wait for the endgame to "punish" survivors actions or a lack of action. We can call tunneling and genrush a punishment, but two sides just collide together. If killer doesnt apply pressure to everyone, just use it to your advantage.

    Anyone can play the game any way they like. The topic starter is triggered, because his team dont repair generators, but he put all guilt on tunneling killer, who, BTW, expected to be genrushed. Other survivors choosed to break totems, farm hooks, open chests and do anything but the main objective, yet, they are not punished for it. Hey, lets punish the killer.

    How am I triggered? You’re off point. My team completed the objective AND escaped. Also, where did I mention we planned a gen-rush? Me and my group or just a single friend never plan to gen-rush. We actually rarely run toolboxes. We’re mostly an altruistic team that completes gens at a moderate pace. My point is, killers that tunnel a survivor 2-3x in a row ignoring other survivors.

    You’ve proved your bias towards tunneling, now move along.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946139#Comment_946139

    How am I triggered? You’re off point. My team completed the objective AND escaped. Also, where did I mention we planned a gen-rush? Me and my group or just a single friend never plan to gen-rush. We actually rarely run toolboxes. We’re mostly an altruistic team that completes gens at a moderate pace. My point is, killers that tunnel a survivor 2-3x in a row ignoring other survivors.

    You’ve proved your bias towards tunneling, now move along.

    "5 gens still up and the killer targets one individual"

    Tunneling you 1 by 1 even if 5 generators are not repaired is OK. Get over it. Its a playstyle.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945613#Comment_945613

    I am a red killer on console.... I’ve stated this.

    There are literal counters to SWF. I’ve mentioned this. A great killer can win without tunneling. I have already given examples of two games I had during opening this thread, with two separate killers, and different perks. I don’t even have a rank 50 killer nor all teachables and I steadily get 3-4ks without tunneling a single survivor.

    We, as killers, have tools to not tunnel.

    edit:

    that’s also not the best way to earn BP. Most of my games I’m between 26-31k BP earned. Because I chase multiple survivors, hit gens, break pallets, hook survivors, etc. If your goal is BP, tunneling is not the way.

    So what's your secret? 3 minutes in, 4 gens already popped VS SWF. You walk away from a gen and someone instantly walks around a corner to work on it again because you are chasing his teammate and he knows he is safe.


    Even a solid 3-gen strategy can't hold up to 4 survivors aggressively attacking the gens. Eventually you lose.


    So tell us your strategy for red rank SWF please, sense. Also state the killers you use.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946139#Comment_946139

    How am I triggered? You’re off point. My team completed the objective AND escaped. Also, where did I mention we planned a gen-rush? Me and my group or just a single friend never plan to gen-rush. We actually rarely run toolboxes. We’re mostly an altruistic team that completes gens at a moderate pace. My point is, killers that tunnel a survivor 2-3x in a row ignoring other survivors.

    You’ve proved your bias towards tunneling, now move along.

    You're triggered because you started this pathetic topic and have been posting multiple paragraph responses for 6 pages. Try and keep up, much like the killers do with you after you get unhooked.

  • @Tr0g said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945620#Comment_945620

    So what's your secret? 3 minutes in, 4 gens already popped VS SWF. You walk away from a gen and someone instantly walks around a corner to work on it again because you are chasing his teammate and he knows he is safe.

    Even a solid 3-gen strategy can't hold up to 4 survivors aggressively attacking the gens. Eventually you lose.

    So tell us your strategy for red rank SWF please, sense. Also state the killers you use.

    I’ve done this already... lol. I literally did on I believe the first page and throughout.

    Killers are more than enough equipped to handle it... when I get home I’ll be glad to post my builds on all killers I play.

  • @LieutenantRaage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946143#Comment_946143

    You're triggered because you started this pathetic topic and have been posting multiple paragraph responses for 6 pages. Try and keep up, much like the killers do with you after you get unhooked.

    You’re right.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945821#Comment_945821

    good one. Maybe you need to grow up and learn to construct a proper argument. Nobody is “bitching”. I’ve laid out a debate.

    Oh okay. Yeah, sure. Debate. Every damn post here is a "debate". I've picked this game back up after playing it when it first came out. There's a few things to talk about, but tunneling isn't one. Does it suck? Yeah. But it's there. If a killer wants to kill you, and only you, then make it difficult for him so your team has time to do gens. And there are counters. It's called looping. And DS. And others that others have mentioned. And sorry, you are bitching. You came here because you hate that it happens to you and your disguising it as a "debate". As a killer main, I'd love to tunnel your ass everytime knowing you come here to cry. Entity displeased be damned.

  • @Scootermarrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945831#Comment_945831

    Oh okay. Yeah, sure. Debate. Every damn post here is a "debate". I've picked this game back up after playing it when it first came out. There's a few things to talk about, but tunneling isn't one. Does it suck? Yeah. But it's there. If a killer wants to kill you, and only you, then make it difficult for him so your team has time to do gens. And there are counters. It's called looping. And DS. And others that others have mentioned. And sorry, you are bitching. You came here because you hate that it happens to you and your disguising it as a "debate". As a killer main, I'd love to tunnel your ass everytime knowing you come here to cry. Entity displeased be damned.

    Lmao the ignorance is seriously strong with you. Before you attempt to attack me, go back and read each and every post I made. I’m pro-tunnel when it comes to mid-late game. I’m anti-tunnel early game because it impacts the survivor negatively.

    I’m a killer main, play survivor with my group. You would probably get looped by me into a rage.

    Let’s not use perks as a cure all to tunneling. It’s all been discussed prior to your ignorant statements.

    A few of you in here most be going through some hormonal changes with your threats of tunneling people 🤦🏽‍♂️ That doesn’t bother me. I play for enjoyment. This is a post in defense of survivors that are penalized for early-game tunneling.

    You having problems at home or something bud? Arguments can be made without trying to insult someone, that’s how you know you lack the intelligence to try and argue the actual point and not the person behind the text.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    I get tunneled majority of my games for just being able to run a killer for more than 10 seconds. That completely unfair to me as you hate me because I’m not a potato survivor. I don’t teabag to be cocky I don’t abuse “god loops”. because I don’t even know what “god loops” are on most maps. Sometimes the killer will remember me and later again that day they will bring a mori just for me to take me out as quick as possible which again that unfair for me. If you know that someone is capable of consuming your time. Just leave them alone. You will maybe eventually catch them and when you do that doesn’t give you a reason to camp or tunnel them to the ground.

    I really appreciate Killers who can acknowledge a decent survivors and not be offended.

    There too many killer that be like “even though I tunneled you into the ground and killed you and only got a 1k” apparently I’m better than you. When in reality the survivor just made you look like a butthurt idiot.

    In a case like this, I don't tunnel at all, in fact, I will actively not tunnel. I will slug you if I have to, but I won't instantly rehook. When you get a survivor that tries to abuse the god loops, or legit knows the map and how to abuse it, then I get into tunnel mode.

    @LustForBP said:

    i honestly don’t believe a single one of you arguing in the killers favor can comprehend what I’ve laid out. AThiccOni is the only one with sense.

    I made the discussion talking about killers that tunnel from start to finish. I can loop well actually, which ends up in me being tunneled and camped by angry killers. The majority of you on here are pathetic. I enjoy the people calling me a salty killer main when I’ve reiterated that I’m a killer main. Ignorance is bliss.

    Instead of choosing to only see it from your perspective, open your eyes. Killers can counter a gen-rush as I’ve said multiple times. You can’t penalize a survivor for doing the objective. There are perks to slow this down or block it for a time limit.

    You choose to tunnel because you choose to be a toxic player. The only time tunneling is necessary is when gens have been rushed and you’re trying to save tail.

    Also, to whomever said “try tunneling/facecamping and check your stats” I have. It’s very simple to get a 4K tunneling or facecamping. You set the team into panic mode the majority of the time causing them to try and Bodyblock for their tunneled teammate. Thus, few or no gens get repaired.

    but all of you, have a great day/night, whatever it may be for you. You’re a very toxic community with a one-dimensional perspective on killers. The excuse that you play both and see no issue in tunneling is ridiculous. No, I wasn’t the worst of the 4 in those games, I was with my group and the killer chose to tunnel me because he was too ignorant to drop a chase after an extended time and finally caught me. 👍🏽

    Again, the entitlement is strong with this one. You don't want to penalize a survivor for doing the objective, but you do want to penalize the killer for doing the objective. Tunneling is the exact same as a gen rush, eliminating the objective as fast as possible. The only difference is that the generator doesn't run away. Gen rush = no pip for killer, tunneling = no pip for survivor. Gen rush has counters, so does tunneling.

  • If any of this takes effect, think about safe hook rescues and perks affected by them, not to mention if a survivor were just unhooked and started healing, apparently you are a duck if you go and hit them. This discussion is a no-brainer and that tunneling is not punishable. Hook-camping punishes your chaser emblem so I don't see the problem here.

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945333#Comment_945333

    In a case like this, I don't tunnel at all, in fact, I will actively not tunnel. I will slug you if I have to, but I won't instantly rehook. When you get a survivor that tries to abuse the god loops, or legit knows the map and how to abuse it, then I get into tunnel mode.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945474#Comment_945474

    Again, the entitlement is strong with this one. You don't want to penalize a survivor for doing the objective, but you do want to penalize the killer for doing the objective. Tunneling is the exact same as a gen rush, eliminating the objective as fast as possible. The only difference is that the generator doesn't run away. Gen rush = no pip for killer, tunneling = no pip for survivor. Gen rush has counters, so does tunneling.

    You're seriously comparing “gen-rush” to tunneling?

    There are literally like 10+ perks for countering “gen-rush”. You claim I’m entitled, yet again, but completely let the point soar over your pea-sized brain.

    Tunneling because of a “gen-rush” is acceptable. Tunneling before any gen has been completed is toxic.

    What counters a tunnel? Especially, early game where the survivor has no chance to pip but will de-pip.

    The tunneling I’m referring to, as has been mentioned, is.... when the killer is targeting one survivor despite maybe 0-1 gens been completed. Ignores other survivors and literally just goes for that one.

    Nowhere here is there a sense of entitlement. Especially when I’m a KILLER MAIN that opposes early-game tunneling. If you are that bad that you’re only excuse to tunneling is “but gEn rUsH” then you need to practice more as killer or use viable perks to counter it. You can’t counter a tunnel. Yeah, your team might escape but you de-pip. This discussion isn’t about a TEAM it’s about a SINGLE SURVIVOR being penalized. Jesus.

    COMPREHENSION IS KEY.

  • @BoomBoom420 said:

    If any of this takes effect, think about safe hook rescues and perks affected by them, not to mention if a survivor were just unhooked and started healing, apparently you are a duck if you go and hit them. This discussion is a no-brainer and that tunneling is not punishable. Hook-camping punishes your chaser emblem so I don't see the problem here.

    my God... 😂🤦🏽‍♂️ I give up with this thread lmfao. You all have created this sense of “this dude wants killers to be punished because of tunneling”. No, I killer main. Tunneling is strategic for mid-late game called, it’s toxic early-game. This is about sole survivors being penalized for being nullified to do anything because of a tunneler that ignores everyone else.

    All of you try and attack me, insult me, yet have no constructive argument against my point. It’s ridiculous 🤷🏽‍♂️

    That’s it. Lol you guys have a great day/night/life. I’m over this thread.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946262#Comment_946262

    my God... 😂🤦🏽‍♂️ I give up with this thread lmfao. You all have created this sense of “this dude wants killers to be punished because of tunneling”. No, I killer main. Tunneling is strategic for mid-late game called, it’s toxic early-game. This is about sole survivors being penalized for being nullified to do anything because of a tunneler that ignores everyone else.

    All of you try and attack me, insult me, yet have no constructive argument against my point. It’s ridiculous 🤷🏽‍♂️

    That’s it. Lol you guys have a great day/night/life. I’m over this thread.

    You too :)

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946258#Comment_946258

    You're seriously comparing “gen-rush” to tunneling?

    There are literally like 10+ perks for countering “gen-rush”. You claim I’m entitled, yet again, but completely let the point soar over your pea-sized brain.

    Tunneling because of a “gen-rush” is acceptable. Tunneling before any gen has been completed is toxic.

    What counters a tunnel? Especially, early game where the survivor has no chance to pip but will de-pip.

    The tunneling I’m referring to, as has been mentioned, is.... when the killer is targeting one survivor despite maybe 0-1 gens been completed. Ignores other survivors and literally just goes for that one.

    Nowhere here is there a sense of entitlement. Especially when I’m a KILLER MAIN that opposes early-game tunneling. If you are that bad that you’re only excuse to tunneling is “but gEn rUsH” then you need to practice more as killer or use viable perks to counter it. You can’t counter a tunnel. Yeah, your team might escape but you de-pip. This discussion isn’t about a TEAM it’s about a SINGLE SURVIVOR being penalized. Jesus.

    COMPREHENSION IS KEY.

    Yes, because it's the same thing. No BP's, a depip, and a loss. Why should the killer always be reactive to what survivors do?

    What 10 perks counter a gen rush? Ruin can go down instantly. Corrupt helps the early game, then nothing else. Pop works if you can catch and hook a survivor. Thanataphobia works if you can keep them injured, but still barely helps.

    Borrowed time, DS, Iron Will, loops, quick and quiet, dance with me, lightweight, etc.

    Again, you desperately want to label me as a bad killer and tunneler because I am disagreeing with you. I rarely tunnel any more, but I understand why killers do it.

    You get tunneled, you depip, move on to the next game. Just like getting rushed and looped.

  • Well, killers get penalised for camping and tunnelling by getting less gatekeeper score and less chase score. It's not "efficient, requires no thought or skill, but people will do it anyway because they just want to be an ass and you really can't stop that. There's also no real way to compensate survivors who are getting tunnelled. Either try to make yourself a less inviting target somehow or hope they pick you up while DS is active.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945817#Comment_945817

    Please, create your own thread for this. I understand the motive behind it, but you’re hijacking the topic at hand.

    No deal Howey, and since I have you here, clown needs a rubber chicken as a weapon.

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946263#Comment_946263

    Yes, because it's the same thing. No BP's, a depip, and a loss. Why should the killer always be reactive to what survivors do?

    What 10 perks counter a gen rush? Ruin can go down instantly. Corrupt helps the early game, then nothing else. Pop works if you can catch and hook a survivor. Thanataphobia works if you can keep them injured, but still barely helps.

    Borrowed time, DS, Iron Will, loops, quick and quiet, dance with me, lightweight, etc.

    Again, you desperately want to label me as a bad killer and tunneler because I am disagreeing with you. I rarely tunnel any more, but I understand why killers do it.

    You get tunneled, you depip, move on to the next game. Just like getting rushed and looped.


    Last post to you, until I get my builds for the other guy. This is more of an informative post since you don’t know of the perks. Counter-perks to “gen rush” and “looping” which are the majority reason for tunneling

    Nurse’s Calling - See auras of healing survivors

    Bamboozle - Blocks vault locations

    BBQ - see other survivors when hooking a survivor

    Bitter Murmur - see auras if survivors when a gen is completed

    Corrupt Intervention - Blocks 3 farthest gens from you for up to 120 seconds.

    Coulrophobia - slows healing

    Cruel Limits - blocks vault locations when a gen is completed

    Discordance - Shows what gen has two or more survivors on it.

    Fire up - gives a speed buff to killer for each gen completed

    Franklins Demise - knock items from survivors

    Devour Hope - Exposed status, possible Mori on token gain

    Haunted Grounds - Exposed Status

    Huntress Lullaby - added regression for missed skill checks, no skill check warning, shorter window for skill check and no sound.

    No One Escapes Death - In its name.

    Ruin - penalty for good skill checks, none for great.

    Knock Out - no aura for dying survivors outside of range

    Make Your Choice - Exposed Status for unhooking

    Mindbreaker - exhausted status for gens repairing under 50%

    Overcharge - “impossible” skill check

    Pop - 25% regression to gens after hooking survivor

    Spirit Fury - Instantly destroys pallet

    Surge - Putting a survivor into dying state pops surround gens and regresses them

    Surveillance - all regressed gens are highlighted white, then yellow when regression is stopped

    Tinkerer - when a gen is at 85% you have a 0 terror radius

    Thanatophobia- up to 4% slowdown on survivor capabilities per injured survivor

    Thrilling Tremors - All gens not being repaired are blocked for 16 seconds when a survivor is picked up

    Unnerving Presence - increased chance of skill checks

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946016#Comment_946016

    A solid endgame build is a playstyle. Killers dont need to wait for the endgame to "punish" survivors actions or a lack of action. We can call tunneling and genrush a punishment, but two sides just collide together. If killer doesnt apply pressure to everyone, just use it to your advantage.

    Anyone can play the game any way they like. The topic starter is triggered, because his team dont repair generators, but he put all guilt on tunneling killer, who, BTW, expected to be genrushed. Other survivors choosed to break totems, farm hooks, open chests and do anything but the main objective, yet, they are not punished for it. Hey, lets punish the killer.

    Yeah but doing all that other stuff is what killers want survivors to be doing to avoid gen rush. But there is no reason to open chests because you get those items from.blood web and from chests they're usually crap tier so why even? Same for totems. Any killer that complains about gen rush I say just bring noed. Most womt expect and if enough killers do it and get some sort of success from it survivors will stop gen rushing and do items which will give some extra time at least. Or just use only slow down builds. Easy clap.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946281#Comment_946281

    Last post to you, until I get my builds for the other guy. This is more of an informative post since you don’t know of the perks. Counter-perks to “gen rush” and “looping” which are the majority reason for tunneling

    Nurse’s Calling - See auras of healing survivors

    Bamboozle - Blocks vault locations

    BBQ - see other survivors when hooking a survivor

    Bitter Murmur - see auras if survivors when a gen is completed

    Corrupt Intervention - Blocks 3 farthest gens from you for up to 120 seconds.

    Coulrophobia - slows healing

    Cruel Limits - blocks vault locations when a gen is completed

    Discordance - Shows what gen has two or more survivors on it.

    Fire up - gives a speed buff to killer for each gen completed

    Franklins Demise - knock items from survivors

    Devour Hope - Exposed status, possible Mori on token gain

    Haunted Grounds - Exposed Status

    Huntress Lullaby - added regression for missed skill checks, no skill check warning, shorter window for skill check and no sound.

    No One Escapes Death - In its name.

    Ruin - penalty for good skill checks, none for great.

    Knock Out - no aura for dying survivors outside of range

    Make Your Choice - Exposed Status for unhooking

    Mindbreaker - exhausted status for gens repairing under 50%

    Overcharge - “impossible” skill check

    Pop - 25% regression to gens after hooking survivor

    Spirit Fury - Instantly destroys pallet

    Surge - Putting a survivor into dying state pops surround gens and regresses them

    Surveillance - all regressed gens are highlighted white, then yellow when regression is stopped

    Tinkerer - when a gen is at 85% you have a 0 terror radius

    Thanatophobia- up to 4% slowdown on survivor capabilities per injured survivor

    Thrilling Tremors - All gens not being repaired are blocked for 16 seconds when a survivor is picked up

    Unnerving Presence - increased chance of skill checks

    Most of those don't do anything against a true gen rush. I'm talking all 5 gens are done in under 5 minutes. Nurses, BBQ, Coulor, Pop, Thanato, Franklins, and Surge all require catching a survivor quickly, which is garbage for the likes of hag or trapper. Haunted grounds only works with ruin, and if both get broken, you are down two perks for little gain, same for devour. Unnerving does nothing against good survivors, unless you're playing impossible skill check doctor.

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945047#Comment_945047

    why? genrushing = killrushing

    yes, this is the feedback. If you dont understand it, play the other side. The bottom ranks do not count.

    If I do not take Rancor, survivors piss all over my hooks and me. Am I killer? Who is the killer?

    Camping and tunneling is NOT killrushing. You waste 5-10 minutes chasing one survivor while everyone is working on gens. Congrats. You killed one player while three escaped 😂

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945071#Comment_945071

    Camping and tunneling is NOT killrushing. You waste 5-10 minutes chasing one survivor while everyone is working on gens. Congrats. You killed one player while three escaped 😂

    I'MMA KILLRUSH THIS FOOL.

    *stands still for two minutes*

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945071#Comment_945071

    Camping and tunneling is NOT killrushing. You waste 5-10 minutes chasing one survivor while everyone is working on gens. Congrats. You killed one player while three escaped 😂

    If a game is 5-10min long, it is likely 3-4k for me. 😋 Dont worry, I dont waste my time.

  • This is going to be a hard pill for most people to swallow, but here it goes:

    It is not the job of killer or survivor players to babysit the fun of the other. Anything outside of just trying to "get your points/pip/whatever and leave" is a courtesy on your part. Being camped/tunneled does suck, and losing 3 gens due to an average first chase is also #########. Both of these problems are linked to poor game design, and are not necessarily behaviors most players would participate in if there was ANYTHING ELSE TO DO IN THIS VIDEO GAME.

    My 2 cents.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    This is going to be a hard pill for most people to swallow, but here it goes:

    It is not the job of killer or survivor players to babysit the fun of the other. Anything outside of just trying to "get your points/pip/whatever and leave" is a courtesy on your part. Being camped/tunneled does suck, and losing 3 gens due to an average first chase is also #########. Both of these problems are linked to poor game design, and are not necessarily behaviors most players would participate in if there was ANYTHING ELSE TO DO IN THIS VIDEO GAME.

    My 2 cents.

    2nd hard pill - I enjoy the odd occasion where Killers try REALLLLY hard to kill me, or Survivors crank out gens like robots, causing me to feel pressured. I don't want every single match to feel exactly the same or have universal difficulty - I doubt most players do.

    3rd hard pill - The game is more balanced now then it has ever been.

    4th hard pill - Most of the people playing realize it's not a "super serious e-sport" and enjoy it for what it is, even at high ranks.

    5th hard pill - Maps are the real 'killer' for most Killers, but I'd rather have map size variety than reduce them all in size (buffing already strong killers) as some would suggest. Personally, I view the maps with a fighting game mindset - IE Oh, Trapper sucks on this map, I'm gonna have a hard time winning, but it happens. Maybe each map could have size variations - IE Trapper would get a smaller number of tiles than Billy (just brainstorming).

    Clayfighters was super fun :3

  • It’s dead by daylight what else do you expect.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946478#Comment_946478

    I'MMA KILLRUSH THIS FOOL.

    *stands still for two minutes*

    Right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946478#Comment_946478

    If a game is 5-10min long, it is likely 3-4k for me. 😋 Dont worry, I dont waste my time.

    With your play style, I highly doubt that’s the case

1 2 3 4 5