Killers and Tunneling

(Edit)

since the discussion keeps going off topic, or my point to be exact, here’s an edit.

my main point is about the penalty instilled on survivors that are tunneled without the killer going to other survivors or attempting to kill other survivors. 5 gens still up and the killer targets one individual, even if gens are completed during that time and the one survivor has kept the killer distracted BECAUSE he’s tunneling, that survivor is not rewarded and more so penalized post-match or death

A survivor loses pip, time wasted in the match, and receives little to no BP.

Oh, and for the record since it matters so much to the toxic majority, I am a killer main. I see the issue with this sort of tunneling.


————————————-

(Original Post)

Why is tunneling not penalized? Or hook camping? It’s quite irritating when you play back to back games with nothing but killers that tunnel causing you to lose rank.

if as a survivor, I loop a killer for an extended period and get tunneled and killed, why am I penalized more than a killer?

Yeah, it’s part of the game, blah blah blah. But there can definitely be some system involved to not award killers for chasing the same survivor for “X” amount of time or for hooking a survivor “x” amount of times before messing with other survivors. What is more aggravating than playing in a game, spending 5 minutes running from a killer that’s tunneling and end up de-pipping because of it?

Survivors can be just as toxic with advanced looping but once a killer gets a hold of you, they can ruin your entire game out of spite. It’s happening too much recently on Xbox, to say the least.

Comments

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945653#Comment_945653

    Great post!

    Obviously, toxic survivors deserve it. I’ve been pallet stunned by survivors I didn’t know were there and proceeded to be blinded. Sure, tunnel them.

    my only disagreement with you, gens do not need an increased repair time. Killers have perks to aid them against this and with good amp pressure you’d never complete gens if it takes 140 seconds to complete one gen solo.

    Great response, by the by.

    I feel you on the not increasing gen time but I also know there are times where a killer gets rushed, even with ruin and pop, as some people are REALLY good at hex skillchecks (and i.e. my friend is amazing at running a killer and will take that role every game because she finds it fun to run). So, it's always a never-ending battle that way... I appreciate you taking the time out to try and be polite and whatnot! Keep it up!

  • @Scootermarrrr said:

    Holy #########. No wonder the developers ignore you whiney babies. Every post on this forum is a whooooole lot of bitching. Y'all need to grow the ef up. Holy hell.

    Not necessarily true. It only becomes that way from people's reactions. We can all be adults and have legitimate conversations/debates, but it requires a certain level of maturity from all people.

  • @kazzymoyashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945663#Comment_945663

    Great response, by the by.

    I feel you on the not increasing gen time but I also know there are times where a killer gets rushed, even with ruin and pop, as some people are REALLY good at hex skillchecks (and i.e. my friend is amazing at running a killer and will take that role every game because she finds it fun to run). So, it's always a never-ending battle that way... I appreciate you taking the time out to try and be polite and whatnot! Keep it up!

    It’s hard to have a constructive discussion these days. I learned the hard way through this thread.

    Thank you for not trying to attack me and actually having reasoning and an opinion.

    on a side note: I was wrong. It’s 80 seconds solo gen, with no perk negating progression.

  • He/She is a HUGE supporter of hook camping and tunneling. I’d ignore any further conversation with them tbh.

  • @Waldorf_2R3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945836#Comment_945836

    No deal Howey, and since I have you here, clown needs a rubber chicken as a weapon.

    Agreed. Lmao that would be a legit weapon.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946281#Comment_946281

    Last post to you, until I get my builds for the other guy. This is more of an informative post since you don’t know of the perks. Counter-perks to “gen rush” and “looping” which are the majority reason for tunneling

    Nurse’s Calling - See auras of healing survivors

    Bamboozle - Blocks vault locations

    BBQ - see other survivors when hooking a survivor

    Bitter Murmur - see auras if survivors when a gen is completed

    Corrupt Intervention - Blocks 3 farthest gens from you for up to 120 seconds.

    Coulrophobia - slows healing

    Cruel Limits - blocks vault locations when a gen is completed

    Discordance - Shows what gen has two or more survivors on it.

    Fire up - gives a speed buff to killer for each gen completed

    Franklins Demise - knock items from survivors

    Devour Hope - Exposed status, possible Mori on token gain

    Haunted Grounds - Exposed Status

    Huntress Lullaby - added regression for missed skill checks, no skill check warning, shorter window for skill check and no sound.

    No One Escapes Death - In its name.

    Ruin - penalty for good skill checks, none for great.

    Knock Out - no aura for dying survivors outside of range

    Make Your Choice - Exposed Status for unhooking

    Mindbreaker - exhausted status for gens repairing under 50%

    Overcharge - “impossible” skill check

    Pop - 25% regression to gens after hooking survivor

    Spirit Fury - Instantly destroys pallet

    Surge - Putting a survivor into dying state pops surround gens and regresses them

    Surveillance - all regressed gens are highlighted white, then yellow when regression is stopped

    Tinkerer - when a gen is at 85% you have a 0 terror radius

    Thanatophobia- up to 4% slowdown on survivor capabilities per injured survivor

    Thrilling Tremors - All gens not being repaired are blocked for 16 seconds when a survivor is picked up

    Unnerving Presence - increased chance of skill checks

    A lot of those perks are not very good and actually lead to easier games for survivors.

    IE Unnerving Presence basically gives you a 50/50 shot of hitting a great, Huntress Lullaby is bad/win-more at best, Fire-Up and Tinkerer do not offer a good enough benefit to offset their steep activation costs, Overcharge is easy to hit unless you're playing Doctor, Spirit Fury requires a 2nd perk to be useful, etc.

    Wasting perk slots is not going to help people refrain from tunneling.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945768#Comment_945768

    I am far from using an ad hominem to marginalize anything. Each and every killer that has posted in this discussion has been extremely bias towards tunneling. The discussion wasn’t about tunneling during EGC or if gens are being popped left and right. It’s about a survivor being penalized because he was tunneled from start to death. Even if teammates assisted by attempting to body block, take a hit, etc. the killer still tunnels that one person. It’s not about the other survivors winning or hiding more, it’s about not penalizing a survivor that never had a chance to play properly.

    But good one, the only one attempting ad hominem has been the individual personally blaming me when I play survivor for being tunneled.

    You said everyone who disagrees was incapable of understanding the argument. That's an attack ad hominem. Saying you are making an attack ad hominem isn't an attack ad hominem, or else you saying that I was the only one doing it would also be one by your own logic.

    People here understand the argument, they just disagree with you. That does not make them stupid.

  • The game was created to play that way, I accept that it is silly, but the whole game is silly, so if you want something smart in DBD it is because you are very confused and you would have to change the game 🙂

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946306#Comment_946306

    Most of those don't do anything against a true gen rush. I'm talking all 5 gens are done in under 5 minutes. Nurses, BBQ, Coulor, Pop, Thanato, Franklins, and Surge all require catching a survivor quickly, which is garbage for the likes of hag or trapper. Haunted grounds only works with ruin, and if both get broken, you are down two perks for little gain, same for devour. Unnerving does nothing against good survivors, unless you're playing impossible skill check doctor.

    Go play a different game.

  • @CrispyChestnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945783#Comment_945783

    You said everyone who disagrees was incapable of understanding the argument. That's an attack ad hominem. Saying you are making an attack ad hominem isn't an attack ad hominem, or else you saying that I was the only one doing it would also be one by your own logic.

    People here understand the argument, they just disagree with you. That does not make them stupid.

    Eh. Very few actually understand or understood the argument. The argument wasn’t shunning Tunneling in general. It was more of a disagreement that a survivor should be penalized if they’re tunneled early-game, as in, no gens have been completed but a killer chose to tunnel them and them only. Regardless if the team tried to help.

    The majority were arguing that tunneling is a viable strategy, that the other survivors can take advantage of an early-game tunnel by completing gens, that if you get tunneled you’re bad, or that you were probably trolling, etc.

    My argument wasn’t that tunneling wasn’t necessary as it is in certain cases or as a clap back at someone trolling. I, also, clearly stated several times that I was not talking from a team perspective, as in the team can escape or complete gens during the tunnel. It wasn’t about learning to loop or the fact that you held a killer in a loop for ‘x’ amount of time.

    My argument is, that sole survivor that is tunneled, despite possibly looping a killer til end game, will still not be rewarded. They will more than likely be punished with a de-pip, especially if they are killed off early. That gives that survivor no chance to actually be of objective use to his or her team to actually gain a pip or BP. A killer can ruin their own game by doing this if they do not kill the other survivors or draw the game. But, it’s more in the killers favor because they can eliminate a survivor within the first 2-3 minutes, causing that survivor to de-pip and the killer can progress.

    End of discussion from my end to you.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948049#Comment_948049

    Eh. Very few actually understand or understood the argument. The argument wasn’t shunning Tunneling in general. It was more of a disagreement that a survivor should be penalized if they’re tunneled early-game, as in, no gens have been completed but a killer chose to tunnel them and them only. Regardless if the team tried to help.

    The majority were arguing that tunneling is a viable strategy, that the other survivors can take advantage of an early-game tunnel by completing gens, that if you get tunneled you’re bad, or that you were probably trolling, etc.

    My argument wasn’t that tunneling wasn’t necessary as it is in certain cases or as a clap back at someone trolling. I, also, clearly stated several times that I was not talking from a team perspective, as in the team can escape or complete gens during the tunnel. It wasn’t about learning to loop or the fact that you held a killer in a loop for ‘x’ amount of time.

    My argument is, that sole survivor that is tunneled, despite possibly looping a killer til end game, will still not be rewarded. They will more than likely be punished with a de-pip, especially if they are killed off early. That gives that survivor no chance to actually be of objective use to his or her team to actually gain a pip or BP. A killer can ruin their own game by doing this if they do not kill the other survivors or draw the game. But, it’s more in the killers favor because they can eliminate a survivor within the first 2-3 minutes, causing that survivor to de-pip and the killer can progress.

    End of discussion from my end to you.

    If players were rewarded for getting tunneled it would generate perverse incentive to chase the killer down and get killed, maybe even just suicide on the hook.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944973#Comment_944973

    The argument is not flawed though. Penalizing killers for tunneling or camping hooks is a legitimate argument. I killer main and I can see where it’s unfair to a survivor.

    No. It is not. It is literally the equivalent of saying "why aren't survivors penalized for doing 2 gens in a short time?". Be less entitled.

  • @CrispyChestnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948205#Comment_948205

    If players were rewarded for getting tunneled it would generate perverse incentive to chase the killer down and get killed, maybe even just suicide on the hook.

    But, as mentioned before, they don’t have to be rewarded. They can simply not be penalized because they did not have the option to optimally play.

    Are you familiar with RTS/4x games? A lot of those have a Time-Limit Treaty to prevent advanced players from steamrolling Intermediate or Novice players. Obviously, we don’t need a 5-10minute treaty because that’s enough time to finish the game or at least knock out a few gens.

    Let say, a 90-120 second penalty delay BUT BP is still awarded to each because more than likely a chase will ensue.

    Now here’s the catch, because this penalty delay or “treaty” can promote survivor or killer DC due to circumstances. This is where the DC penalty comes into play that I’ve heard they’re working on. There is obviously no work around hook suicide because it’s very hard to build an algorithm around intelligently identifying intentional hook suicide. But, this prevents survivor penalty from being tunneled and awards a killer still for hooking a survivor.

    any input on that?

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944977#Comment_944977

    No. It is not. It is literally the equivalent of saying "why aren't survivors penalized for doing 2 gens in a short time?". Be less entitled.

    Lol I like it. Why do survivors tunnel down the same gens? Hit a skill check and move on to the next one lol. When I play survivor, i almost always camp the first gen i find until it's done.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944977#Comment_944977

    No. It is not. It is literally the equivalent of saying "why aren't survivors penalized for doing 2 gens in a short time?". Be less entitled.

    Where is entitlement my guy? Come up with a legitimate argument or rebuttal instead of just throwing out “be less entitled”. I’m actually giving out ideas and trying to brainstorm a neutral ground between both. I can’t really be entitled if I’m literally a killer main requesting a tweaking of survivors being penalized for being eliminated in the first couple minutes of a game.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948399#Comment_948399

    But, as mentioned before, they don’t have to be rewarded. They can simply not be penalized because they did not have the option to optimally play.

    Are you familiar with RTS/4x games? A lot of those have a Time-Limit Treaty to prevent advanced players from steamrolling Intermediate or Novice players. Obviously, we don’t need a 5-10minute treaty because that’s enough time to finish the game or at least knock out a few gens.

    Let say, a 90-120 second penalty delay BUT BP is still awarded to each because more than likely a chase will ensue.

    Now here’s the catch, because this penalty delay or “treaty” can promote survivor or killer DC due to circumstances. This is where the DC penalty comes into play that I’ve heard they’re working on. There is obviously no work around hook suicide because it’s very hard to build an algorithm around intelligently identifying intentional hook suicide. But, this prevents survivor penalty from being tunneled and awards a killer still for hooking a survivor.

    any input on that?

    If you get tunneled out early you can still make up the BP per hour by queuing for the next match. There's already counterplay for tunnelling, it's just sub optimal in the long term. Not letting tunnelling disrupt your playstyle and just move on to the next match might be the best play.

    If i was trying to keep killers from tunnelling, i'd give them fresh blood bonus points for hitting different survivors. If i was trying to keep survivors from getting tunneled, i'll tell them to take spine chill and calm spirit.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948399#Comment_948399

    But, as mentioned before, they don’t have to be rewarded. They can simply not be penalized because they did not have the option to optimally play.

    Are you familiar with RTS/4x games? A lot of those have a Time-Limit Treaty to prevent advanced players from steamrolling Intermediate or Novice players. Obviously, we don’t need a 5-10minute treaty because that’s enough time to finish the game or at least knock out a few gens.

    Let say, a 90-120 second penalty delay BUT BP is still awarded to each because more than likely a chase will ensue.

    Now here’s the catch, because this penalty delay or “treaty” can promote survivor or killer DC due to circumstances. This is where the DC penalty comes into play that I’ve heard they’re working on. There is obviously no work around hook suicide because it’s very hard to build an algorithm around intelligently identifying intentional hook suicide. But, this prevents survivor penalty from being tunneled and awards a killer still for hooking a survivor.

    any input on that?

    Hide or die. Dont be a noob. It is so simple.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948407#Comment_948407

    Where is entitlement my guy? Come up with a legitimate argument or rebuttal instead of just throwing out “be less entitled”. I’m actually giving out ideas and trying to brainstorm a neutral ground between both. I can’t really be entitled if I’m literally a killer main requesting a tweaking of survivors being penalized for being eliminated in the first couple minutes of a game.

    The rebuttal was before the entitlement bit. Or did you skip that part?

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948415#Comment_948415

    The rebuttal was before the entitlement bit. Or did you skip that part?

    That was not a rebuttal. Simple saying that’s the “equivalent” of something without explaining why is not a rebuttal. Why should survivors be penalized for that? I’m saying survivors shouldn’t be penalized for dying within the first couple minutes of gameplay because they cannot control intentional tunneling. As in, a killer avoiding all contact with other player to eliminate a single player. Penalizing survivors for completing 2 gens in a “short time”? Define “short time”. A killer has perks that block gens to help patrolling or to slow progress. They can also patrol gens instead of being looped. What’s your basis behind it? Explain. That’s what a discussion is for instead of claiming someone is entitled because of an opinion, an opinion of which I’ve made clear and have tried to stay on point with.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948439#Comment_948439

    That was not a rebuttal. Simple saying that’s the “equivalent” of something without explaining why is not a rebuttal. Why should survivors be penalized for that? I’m saying survivors shouldn’t be penalized for dying within the first couple minutes of gameplay because they cannot control intentional tunneling. As in, a killer avoiding all contact with other player to eliminate a single player. Penalizing survivors for completing 2 gens in a “short time”? Define “short time”. A killer has perks that block gens to help patrolling or to slow progress. They can also patrol gens instead of being looped. What’s your basis behind it? Explain. That’s what a discussion is for instead of claiming someone is entitled because of an opinion, an opinion of which I’ve made clear and have tried to stay on point with.

    It's a counter argument using your own logic. It's absolutely a rebuttal. What you're doing is basically saying "nuh uh! im right and ur wrong omg!"

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948457#Comment_948457

    It's a counter argument using your own logic. It's absolutely a rebuttal. What you're doing is basically saying "nuh uh! im right and ur wrong omg!"

    Yet, here I am, asking why you think that way and here you are, trying to attack me personally. Please guy, nowhere did I say or insinuate “I’m right, you’re wrong”. My problem was with those that strayed from my point. It had nothing to do with punishing killers for tunneling. It was about not punishing early-game deaths on survivors.

    So, let’s try this again. What is your basis for your argument? Why should survivors be penalized if they complete 2 gens in a “short time”? Or do you not have a basis?

    If you can’t answer, then thanks. Have a nice one!

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948461#Comment_948461

    Yet, here I am, asking why you think that way and here you are, trying to attack me personally. Please guy, nowhere did I say or insinuate “I’m right, you’re wrong”. My problem was with those that strayed from my point. It had nothing to do with punishing killers for tunneling. It was about not punishing early-game deaths on survivors.

    So, let’s try this again. What is your basis for your argument? Why should survivors be penalized if they complete 2 gens in a “short time”? Or do you not have a basis?

    If you can’t answer, then thanks. Have a nice one!

    I did not personally attack anyone. Offense is taken, not given. It's not me that can't answer. I gave you a logical answer based on your own backwards, entitled survivor logic, and you rejected it because reality doesn't suit your delicate sensibilities.

    The point is, tunneling and camping are both legitimate and effective strategies. Straight from the developers. Camping is legitimate, and effective because survivors allow it to happen. Tunneling is efficient. It makes logical sense to use the most efficient method possible for killing a survivor (or winning on either side). For example, as I said before, it's efficient to have more than one generator in progress at one time from a survivor standpoint. It a strategy that gets generators done faster due to the diminished return in repair speed that multiple people working on a single generator has. It's *the most efficient way to get generators done*.

    Just like tunneling, whether you like it or not, is the most efficient way to eliminate someone early, which GREATLY tips the odds in the killers favor. It's not fun to be tunneled; but overall, losing isn't fun in general. If you want a game where tunneling isn't a thing, this is the wrong genre for you.

    Your argument doesn't even exist and is completely invalid; because tunneling (and camping) is part of the game. Again, direct from the devs. Is it scummy at times? Yeah, sure. Is it effective? You bet your ass it is. Especially if all you care about is kills and not pips, like a lot of us do.

    So again - be less entitled. You are not entitled to an escape. You have a chance to escape the second you spawn into the game. If it doesn't work out, tough noogies.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948470#Comment_948470

    I did not personally attack anyone. Offense is taken, not given. It's not me that can't answer. I gave you a logical answer based on your own backwards, entitled survivor logic, and you rejected it because reality doesn't suit your delicate sensibilities.

    The point is, tunneling and camping are both legitimate and effective strategies. Straight from the developers. Camping is legitimate, and effective because survivors allow it to happen. Tunneling is efficient. It makes logical sense to use the most efficient method possible for killing a survivor (or winning on either side). For example, as I said before, it's efficient to have more than one generator in progress at one time from a survivor standpoint. It a strategy that gets generators done faster due to the diminished return in repair speed that multiple people working on a single generator has. It's *the most efficient way to get generators done*.

    Just like tunneling, whether you like it or not, is the most efficient way to eliminate someone early, which GREATLY tips the odds in the killers favor. It's not fun to be tunneled; but overall, losing isn't fun in general. If you want a game where tunneling isn't a thing, this is the wrong genre for you.

    Your argument doesn't even exist and is completely invalid; because tunneling (and camping) is part of the game. Again, direct from the devs. Is it scummy at times? Yeah, sure. Is it effective? You bet your ass it is. Especially if all you care about is kills and not pips, like a lot of us do.

    So again - be less entitled. You are not entitled to an escape. You have a chance to escape the second you spawn into the game. If it doesn't work out, tough noogies.

    Thank you! 👏🏽 Finally an explanation from you rather than being a smart ass.

    Still, not entitled. Once again, I literally play 80% of the time as a killer, the other as a survivor with my group.

    Yes, tunneling is a part of the game. It’s a viable strategy in most cases against weak teams.

    I’m not complaining about tunneling. I know it’s impossible to restrict a killer in this type of game from doing so. I’m talking about the penalty on the one survivor who is removed rather quickly causing de-pip. Nothing to do with the team, the killer, or the fact you can just boot up another match.

    Thank you.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948493#Comment_948493

    Thank you! 👏🏽 Finally an explanation from you rather than being a smart ass.

    Still, not entitled. Once again, I literally play 80% of the time as a killer, the other as a survivor with my group.

    Yes, tunneling is a part of the game. It’s a viable strategy in most cases against weak teams.

    I’m not complaining about tunneling. I know it’s impossible to restrict a killer in this type of game from doing so. I’m talking about the penalty on the one survivor who is removed rather quickly causing de-pip. Nothing to do with the team, the killer, or the fact you can just boot up another match.

    Thank you.

    So basically, you want to be coddled if you get eliminated early. You want to be immune from pip loss. Wow. That literally defines entitlement. Thanks for proving my point.

    Also, speaking of personal attacks - you're officially the only one who's done that now. Congrats on forfeiting your entire rhetoric by resorting to name calling.

    Actually, you did that when you created this ridiculous, nonsensical thread.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948505#Comment_948505

    So basically, you want to be coddled if you get eliminated early. You want to be immune from pip loss. Wow. That literally defines entitlement. Thanks for proving my point.

    Also, speaking of personal attacks - you're officially the only one who's done that now. Congrats on forfeiting your entire rhetoric by resorting to name calling.

    Actually, you did that when you created this ridiculous, nonsensical thread.

    “Offense is taken, not given”.

    No, I’m not entitled as you can literally still de-pip mid-late game for not doing anything the game requires you to.

    But yes, sure. Lol you’re objective in this thread is to try and win, so I’ll let you have it.

    Have a great one dude! ✌🏽

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948512#Comment_948512

    “Offense is taken, not given”.

    No, I’m not entitled as you can literally still de-pip mid-late game for not doing anything the game requires you to.

    But yes, sure. Lol you’re objective in this thread is to try and win, so I’ll let you have it.

    Have a great one dude! ✌🏽

    Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

    You: "I shouldn't be punished with a derank when I'm tunneled and eliminated early even though I lost the game"

    I mean, if it looks like a duck and quacks, it's entitled.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948517#Comment_948517

    Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

    You: "I shouldn't be punished with a derank when I'm tunneled and eliminated early even though I lost the game"

    I mean, if it looks like a duck and quacks, it's entitled.

    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck. 😃

    For real guy, you win. Now, enjoy your day lmao. Stop dragging it on. I’ll let you get the last reply and I promise I won’t reply cause the thread is dead my dude.

  • Seriously git gud.

    I have no clue what potatoes you play as killer, no decent survivor is mad about tunneling. Just like no good killer is mad about survivors doing gens.

    How do you even die within 90seconds? Are you afk? Cant loop at all?

    Survivors are not supposed to make the killer happy, killers are not supposed to make survivors happy.

  • @Endstille said:

    Seriously git gud.

    I have no clue what potatoes you play as killer, no decent survivor is mad about tunneling. Just like no good killer is mad about survivors doing gens.

    How do you even die within 90seconds? Are you afk? Cant loop at all?

    Survivors are not supposed to make the killer happy, killers are not supposed to make survivors happy.

    We are all supposed to make the entity happy.

  • Wouldn't it be better then to reward survivors that can run a killer all game more rather then punishing killers who tunnel?

    Like increasing the emblems you get for generator progress other survivors make while you are in chase for example

  • @Endstille said:

    Seriously git gud.

    I have no clue what potatoes you play as killer, no decent survivor is mad about tunneling. Just like no good killer is mad about survivors doing gens.

    How do you even die within 90seconds? Are you afk? Cant loop at all?

    Survivors are not supposed to make the killer happy, killers are not supposed to make survivors happy.

    People want every match to play the same. I like the odd occasion where I'm getting tunneled and really have to sweat to survive. If every match guaranteed the same type of gameplay experience, I'd jump ship.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/947008#Comment_947008

    It’s hard to have a constructive discussion these days. I learned the hard way through this thread.

    Thank you for not trying to attack me and actually having reasoning and an opinion.

    on a side note: I was wrong. It’s 80 seconds solo gen, with no perk negating progression.

    It's true. It's sad that this community is so toxic that having a differing opinion means it's an immediate attack on you. But, when we have a bunch of 12 year olds or people with large egos playing this game, what else can we expect but childish responses?

    Disgressing, at the end of the day, 80 seconds isn't too long. I thought it was 120 seconds, but apparently not. Thus, I think adding some time to the gens wouldn't be too terrible. Mind you, I have had plenty of survivor matches where the killer honestly tanked us completely and the skill was insane. I conceded with a good ol' GG and hoped we didn't cross paths again, haha.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945970#Comment_945970

    You make fair points, but it’s still not my point.

    Yes, if you’re teammates are in the proximity then it’s their fault you’re being camped.

    Pips/Rank are not team-based. it’s how you perform individually.

    Yes, your team benefits from a killer tunneling you. Yes, the killer is penalized for tunneling you, if your team escapes.

    However, you are penalized for being tunneled.

    Example: I played a game where I was tunneled as soon as the match started. I tapped a gen and the killer came to me. Me and my teammate both split. The killer came to me. (killer has ruin and Thanatophobia so progression is slowed already) I mistakenly hit a tree, I got hit. I manage to get distance thanks to the boost. The killer catches up, I DH. Exhausted. I manage to put distance on me and the killer. He catches up, downs me. Hooks me. He leaves. I get unhooked, killer immediately comes back, hits me. BT kicks in. My teammate tries to body block. He hits my teammate so my teammate scurries away. He tunnels me. Bam, 1 gen pops, 2 pops (maybe). Hooks me. I’m now on Struggle with maybe 2-3 minutes into the game. Killer leaves again. My teammate unhooks me, killer immediately comes back, downs me again. 3-4 gens popped. I get hooked, dead. Post-game award? No. I get de-pipped and awarded maybe 5k BP.

    Now, tell me where that’s fair? I was innocent. Didn’t troll the killer, never had a chance to work on a gen, rescue a teammate, break totems, heal teammates etc. so it resorts in the game thinking I was not helping my team.

    Alright, you do make a point. I can see that. I do agree that it isnt very fun, and I am sorry that it happened to you.

    I don't feel that killers should change the punishments though for that, but I do think a survivor should be rewarded for being chases multiple times. At minimum, a safety. Maybe something like....

    Award for being tunneled off the hook: ____ points.

    I agree that the 1 survivor shouldn't suffer for a killer who does that.

    However, did your team hook-bomb or grab almost immediately? I could see the killer doing that in those scenarios.

    TL;DR: survivor shouldn't be punished for a killer tunneling them, and killer is already punished enough IMO. Did your team possibly unhook you in front of the killer?

  • @LustForBP said:

    (Edit)

    since the discussion keeps going off topic, or my point to be exact, here’s an edit.

    my main point is about the penalty instilled on survivors that are tunneled without the killer going to other survivors or attempting to kill other survivors. 5 gens still up and the killer targets one individual, even if gens are completed during that time and the one survivor has kept the killer distracted BECAUSE he’s tunneling, that survivor is not rewarded and more so penalized post-match or death

    A survivor loses pip, time wasted in the match, and receives little to no BP.

    Oh, and for the record since it matters so much to the toxic majority, I am a killer main. I see the issue with this sort of tunneling.

    ————————————-

    (Original Post)

    Why is tunneling not penalized? Or hook camping? It’s quite irritating when you play back to back games with nothing but killers that tunnel causing you to lose rank.

    if as a survivor, I loop a killer for an extended period and get tunneled and killed, why am I penalized more than a killer?

    Yeah, it’s part of the game, blah blah blah. But there can definitely be some system involved to not award killers for chasing the same survivor for “X” amount of time or for hooking a survivor “x” amount of times before messing with other survivors. What is more aggravating than playing in a game, spending 5 minutes running from a killer that’s tunneling and end up de-pipping because of it?

    Survivors can be just as toxic with advanced looping but once a killer gets a hold of you, they can ruin your entire game out of spite. It’s happening too much recently on Xbox, to say the least.

    • Ik this is almost a year old, but i still experience the same problems as you. Every time I see a valid point made by a survivor i also see a valid point made by a killer.

    however, i do wanna say that blah blah blah, genrushing is bad, tunneling is bad blah blah blah but I think the point youre trying to make is the fact that there are killers who literally will have 3 other survivors constantly in their face but will only tunnel you the whole game.

    Some of these people on here just say "get good" but that is so toxic.

    its like you will have survivors T-baggin in the killers face, doin 360s and all but the killer still goes for you everytime.

    I dont see how being good has anything to do with the killer intentionally walking passed other survivors to tunnel one survivor.

    it makes the game feel like everyone is in a discord except you and theyre just telling the killer where you are

  • @LustForBP said:

    (Edit)

    since the discussion keeps going off topic, or my point to be exact, here’s an edit.

    my main point is about the penalty instilled on survivors that are tunneled without the killer going to other survivors or attempting to kill other survivors. 5 gens still up and the killer targets one individual, even if gens are completed during that time and the one survivor has kept the killer distracted BECAUSE he’s tunneling, that survivor is not rewarded and more so penalized post-match or death

    A survivor loses pip, time wasted in the match, and receives little to no BP.

    Oh, and for the record since it matters so much to the toxic majority, I am a killer main. I see the issue with this sort of tunneling.

    ————————————-

    (Original Post)

    Why is tunneling not penalized? Or hook camping? It’s quite irritating when you play back to back games with nothing but killers that tunnel causing you to lose rank.

    if as a survivor, I loop a killer for an extended period and get tunneled and killed, why am I penalized more than a killer?

    Yeah, it’s part of the game, blah blah blah. But there can definitely be some system involved to not award killers for chasing the same survivor for “X” amount of time or for hooking a survivor “x” amount of times before messing with other survivors. What is more aggravating than playing in a game, spending 5 minutes running from a killer that’s tunneling and end up de-pipping because of it?

    Survivors can be just as toxic with advanced looping but once a killer gets a hold of you, they can ruin your entire game out of spite. It’s happening too much recently on Xbox, to say the least.

    I don't know. I've been tunneled by the killer before and its really annoying but at the end of the day its my own fault for not being able to hide/evade properly.

    As killer it makes sense to go for someone who has been already hit, have been hooked, or just got off the hook. Why wouldn't you ? Would you expect the killer to hit everyone equally and then just get them out ? Either you are the weakest link or you were a threat to the killer that he had to get you out.

1 … 3 4 5 ›