Q&A #3 Survs got their way with 440+ bad reviews
Hey guys. I just watched the latest Q&A and I am very upset tbh. Killers are getting nerfs and survivors are only getting buffs again. I thought the game was heading in the right direction but the devs always know how to ######### it up and gave in to the cash cows.
They're nerfing bloodlust. Because it's already been SOOOOO useful right? Bloodlust 3 is gonna be what Bloodlust 2 is right now. Meaning 0.6 m/s increase. The live version Bloodlust is 1.2 m/s.
Trap buffering is coming back. They are instantly making Trapper weaker after his buff.
Survivors are gonna be able to pallet loop even safer in the next patch. They are going to make the animation way faster and the pallet more reactive. It's gonna stun the killer faster as well.
Survivors are going to lose their exhaustion when hooked, cause why the ######### not, am I right?
Maybe even lose all bad status effects in the future...not confirmed yet
They were talking about Dead hard not starting exhaustion if the user still got hit after using it. Not in the next patch tho.
There wasn't even one good point for killers in this Q&A. Devs? You guys are morons and shredded the last bit of hope I had left for you. Imma try to see how it's gonna play out and if I'm gonna get pallet looped and I don't get any Bloodlust, since destroying a ######### pallet removes the effect, then I'm ######### done and I'm gonna play ez survivor some more.
Btw. Yes I am a killer main but also rank 1 surv player. I know how ez it is to play surv. Guess killers have to use the bad review strat this time. Maybe it'll work like it did for the survivors.
Comments
I hope you enjoy 45+ minute lobby ques.
It is next to useless with the amount of pallets that are in game and the amount of LOS breakers. Apart from bugs which alllow LOS breaks to happen when in sight of prey.
If you reach BL 3 its either cos you do not want to lose BL and that is your own fault or that in some cases BL 3 is actually needed to get people and yet is being nerfed even more.
I have reached BL 3 maybe 3 times in 1300 hours. Its pointless to stack. Why would anybody in their right mind leave a pallet down and not break it during a chase? I see tru3 leaving pallets all the time in favor of keeping BL.
I hvae never reached rank 1 and never will. Dont want to either. Too toxic. But if he as a rank 1 says that it could be needed i am willing to bet that with his XP its a valid concern if they attempt to take it away.
To those who say that rank 1 killer is easy i say you are full of crap and the numbers of rank 1 killers prove that most who say its easy to reach are full of crap.
Don't give me that bull****. Trying to meet the criticism of every individual. Just be quiet with that nonsense. If it were the case ok, but no. They are always bashing on killers. That's when they got scared during the 2016 strike. Not saying we should strike again but ok.
And it's not a handful of the community! It's every single survivor from the ranks 15-1 who pallet loops. Yes, rank 15 players aren't good at mindgames and thus not pallet looping but rank 1 survs are ''good'' at it and know when to jump or keep on walking. Sometimes you get a lucky mindgame but that's it. Not sure why you're thinking that a rank 1 surv and killer has an easier time as a killer xD.
Just miss me with that bs of ''the devs are working hard for everyone'' since they are obviously not. I know that they aren't because I've been here since the start!
I'm getting pissed right now. You are saying that removing or nerfing BL is just fine if they fix the maps. But they aren't fixing the maps! They are nerfing and removing BL and MAYBE fix the maps like 3 patches after that!
We're actually good at killing survivors. It's just that there are too many windows and pallets and safe spots for survivors. Sorry that most killers are 25% or even slower than survivors in vaulting and destroying a pallet makes us lose bloodlust
Exactly! You get it! Rank 1 killers are players who know how to mindgame and kill people. Rank 21 survivors are the reason this game is unbalanced and favoured in the survivors side
It doesn't make one bit of sense that a hook being rammed through your chest would allow you to calm down. I'm fine with the the exhaustion counting down however but for it to magically disappear when hooked , now thats BS.
Maybe if the hook was going up the ass...
I guess the issue with BL nerf is that some loops will just force killer to break the pallet.
Now almost all loops don't do that with exception of big houses.
It doesn't sound balanced at all unless they couple it with map rework which was apparently completely withheld as it needed too much work.
I love you Luzi
You are my favourite mod
Hello baby, don't forget about wraith rework! He will get a better items and also windstorm in his base hit! And maybe even something else.
are you seriously going to spout mind games?
Almost every pallet and jungle gym has a way to remove all mind games... every wall has gaps or windows in it so you can see the killer.
Just because you turn around and walk backwards and catch some people unaware doesn't mean this will work against people who play the game more then 1 hour a week.
Just because you whine about it doesn't make it true, I play the game a lot each week and rank 1-2 killers get me all the time by mind games. They sometimes leave a pallet and other times they don't. They'll go left when going right would've been a shortcut.
Did someone order a hook enema?
These survivor buffs aren't really that big a deal.
Bloodlust was created to counter many of the BS loops that existed long ago and the majority of them have been fixed, everyone knew bloodlust would be nerfed when the problematic loops got fixed. Besides how often do people even get bloodlust 2+ without actively trying to get it anyway?
The trap buffering is fair enough, if the trap isn't fully disarmed then why can't it trap some idiot who walks over it, pretty weird change to make after trapper just got buffed but whatever, only swf will get practical benefit from it anyway and they all already know where traps are anyway thanks to voice comms.
The wonky pallets have been stated multiple times to be problematic regarding reaction time and the devs have said since the release of chapter 8 that they were fixing it, you and everyone else knew that change was coming so why so surprised. I can't count the number of times I got BS hits even though I got stunned because of how wonky pallets were.
survivors losing exhaustion when hooked will be a good change to help deal with campers and at least give the person some small chance of getting away without being instantly downed as soon as their feet touch the ground. Other status effects shouldn't be affected however since that negates many add-ons like begrimed chainsaw and even perks like sloppy butcher so only exhaustion should be heal on hook.
The dead hard thing is about those buggy instances where you used dead hard and the game recognized it because exhaustion takes but you still got hit despite apparently using it. It's a bug fix, they're not refunding dead hard if the survivor used it and the killer waited for it before hitting them.
There's literally no reason to start crying since they're small buffs and survivors did get some pretty good nerfs alongside some great killer buffs. it's how balance works, it never stays the same and it's constantly changing, every multiplayer game has it and players simply need to adapt.
That's worse than I thought it was, but I'm actually not surprised by that number. I know I uninstalled the game because after repeated nerfs & the tinkerer bug, I was frustrated and wanted to clear space on my HDD to play a new game. I haven't played it since shortly after the new patch came out.
I just check in here because I like to follow news on the game to see if they're improving it, which it seems like they are at least a bit, so.
oh wow another useless thread please entertain me with your "survivors are op" comments
So... are you saying you uninstalled the game after some minor nerfs that don´t affect most of the people?
Have you considered playing killer?
So basically, it should just forever be an unfun and unfair experience for 11 out of 12 killers at all times clearly and a super fun bullying experience for survivors with the fact that even camping is now getting punished when killers have barely anything left they can do to get kills because gens still get done in less than 3 minutes and killers only real power is slowing time down nice seeing that insidious will now be needed to be buffed to work against this or its just another useless killer perk soon.
mots almost like they are trying to make as much money as they can while they can.
That being said I really don’t think the last patch did much, killers for some reason thought they got some amazing balance with exhaustion when really they didn’t at all, and survivors though they got it bad when again it’s not noticeable to most players at all.
just like these next PROPOSED changes, won’t be, I mean who ever uses BL 3 and apart from letting a survivor know what the other survivors are doing while hooked isn’t gonna be a huge game changer either, stopping the hook farming reward is a good change for both sides, stops crappy saves and crappy killers.
Emergency killer nerfs to satisfy the survivor backlash and review bombing. The devs are always giving in.
Well the devs are updating the game, the problem comes down to animations and their lack of dedicated servers. If they can get more cosmetics sold and get some servers their playerbase will be more consistent instead of a 10k shuffle every chapter.
Although I agree with most of what you said, I think you are making a fatal mistake when you underestimate the power of kindred.
So many times I have wasted my time to go to the hooked person to only find that another survivor came and rescued her. It is time consuming and killer benefits from it. This is why an early hook can change the whole pacing of the game. If survivors really need this perk, just like many killers need ruin, then they can sacrifice one perk slot for that. I just can't understand how devs can give a massive buff to one side while giving no advantage to the other side.
One window already negates windstorm xD Or a pallet. Think!
Allow me to stay a bit skeptical after the result of the last Wraith rework.
If it was as beneficial as people are suggesting it would be used more often. It also not useful for SWF it’s only going to give solo players more info.
consistently killers state survivors should work as a team to win and then when they are equipped to do they don’t like it, plus it’s not even been stated that kindred was going to be added like that, it was merly a passing comment and everything else is speculation.
Just as survivors went 🦇 💩 crazy over an actual change, even though it’s hardly made it harder for them, it because they moaned killers made out it was the best thing ever, when in reality they just perceive it that way because of the view of the other side. Apart from trapper and hag who may have seen improvement in their games the other 99% noticed nothing
Welcome to Dead by Daylight. The devs of this game have and will always favor the survivors, even if they had a so-called nerf in the patch before that.> @Master said:
It was planned, yes. But if they were going to do that then they had to do that first before nerfing BL!
I uninstalled the game because the tinkerer bug on top of recent changes & the rank changes ######### up matchmaking, made the game unfun & I have a partitioned drive with only about 100gb available, though I have around 450 games. DBD used to be a game I played a lot, but because of the changes I mentioned, I found a different game to play in the space that it was using.
I don't like killer, the POV combined with how fast killer moves gives me motion sickness.
What are you playing to fill the void of DBD?
There shouldn´t be a need for BL in the first place. I would totally be ok with it, if the devs just remove BL after making the killer and survivor hitboxes the same size. Which would kill looping.
Do you mean special "totems" the killer can find and destroy, that would eliminate a random survivor perk?
Or special "chests" where killers find add-ons which they keep after the match?
This could cause tunneling.
"HEY, KILLERS HAVE BEEN NERFED FOR 2 YEARS, THEY NERFED SURVIVORS ONCE, SO I THINK NOW IT IS A TURN TO NERF KILLERS AGAIN, AMIRITE?"
I've been playing Overwatch, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, and Observer. I'm a little behind in games because I was in an arts program in college for 5 years and didn't have time for anything.
I play Overwatch on casual quickplay mode and absolutely not ever ranked/competitive and half the time I play against AI, so for me, it's been a nice break from the drama of 'KILLER/SURVIVOR BUFFS AND NERFS!' Like, this thread is stressing me the ######### out & I hate it.