Doctor change
I dont know about you guys but I'm pretty impressed with the changes that the devs are planning bringing to doctors. especially the change to his Iridescent King addon!
Tagged:
Trusted
I dont know about you guys but I'm pretty impressed with the changes that the devs are planning bringing to doctors. especially the change to his Iridescent King addon!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No idea how the changes will be like honestly. I hope he'll be better.
He won't. It's a blanket nerf.
How so?
Not really. What they've told us is good for him. I'm worried about what thet haven't told us yet...
They said the same about legion and i'm not sure about them atm.
I'm excited to see how he will play
They put his static field on a 60 second cooldown, removed the interaction block from shock therapy (at least this is what came across in the dev stream) and removed exhaustion from his addons. How is this not a blanket nerf?
Instead of removing it from the shock they should rather add the interaction-block to every other scream effect.
"Scream animation= cant do #########" ... maybe except snapping out of it.
He still blocks interactions. Also, you don't have to change stances while performing Shock Therapy, allowing you to move at 115%. You also get to hit them alot faster after shocking them. They replaced exhaustion for backwards skillchecks which will synergize well with Unnerving Prescence imo.
From what I understand, treatment and punishment mode will be combined. Doc gets no inherent movement slowdown (except while charging shocks), and doesn't have to worry about switching over just to swing. His passive madness will be replaced with a static blast that shocks anyone within his terror radius, thus raising their madness by one level; it has a 60 second cooldown, but they might change this.
I love upcoming changes, I love synergies between perks and character abilities. I see doctor with lullaby, distressing, unnerving presence and whispers <3 Finaly I can make character with perfectly fitting perks <3 Great
The passive static field was only actually good at getting ppl into T1 madness at the start of the game, while THIS will be good for ALL of the game. Think of it as an infectious fright at the touch of a button. Put on whispers and there will never be a moment where you wont have someone scream if that light is on (unless theyre in a locker, in which case...open the nearest locker, lol). This change sounds GREAT. Glad I mained Doc when I was new and already have alot of perks and addons on him.
Hes also getting a slight range boost to his shock, which ive been wanting FOREVER. Currently I use his moldy electrode for an extra 25%, which is night and day. If they wanna give me that FOR FREE without using an addon slot of the charge speed debuff of the addon, i'll gladly take it. Really looking forward to playing this reworked version.
A stealthier Doc might be nice too. From the leaks, one of his addons affects his TR based off if his static blast is on cooldown or not. Maybe use M&A with this to have a tiny TR during CD, and a 32 meter TR to match whispers when your rdy to light up the area. Just an idea since monitor never really worked well on him BEFORE this. Could be neat to try out.
It's not a static field though, it's basically shock therapy but it affects the entire TR instead of just 8 meters in front (or whatever garbage number it is) although I do agree if the cooldown stays at 60 seconds it definitely seems like a nerf, intentional or not. Way too long of a cooldown imo
Shock terapy is untouched
They are increasing? Didn't hear that in the livestream
"They put his static field on a 60 second cooldown"
Very misleading way of phrasing it. They CHANGED his static field to something else.
"removed the interaction block from shock therapy"
I'm hearing otherwise.
"removed exhaustion from his addons."
All two of them.
This would be like saying they blanket nerfed Freddy from OG Freddy because they made him so that he is not always invisible and that he can't read auras naturally anymore.
Seems like more of a nerf so far imo
Not sure why they would even make the statement about only wanting to make him more fun and not stronger when he is currently really bad. He needs to be buffed.
Insta-tier up AoE attack and not having to switch stances to shock seems like a nerf? Those are the biggest changes to me.
On a 60 sec cooldown and only if they are in your TR at that moment. Overall you will end up with way less Madness tier ups in total with this change.
Whispers fixes the TR problem pretty easily.
The way I see it, the Static Field was largely not very useful after the very beginning of the game. I would much rather just be able to insta-tier someone than have to linger at 110% under the hope people stay in the field too long.
Running a tracking perk on a killer that's strength is already tracking is a bad idea. Not to mention this is comparing his previous ability to new ability + a perk. That isn't a fair comparison.
What use are you getting out of that insta-tier of madness in exchange for your better tracking? None of it is helping you in a chase. It's just being a little annoying with a "deep wounds" type effect.
How is slowly increasing madness over time better in that scenario? A 60s cooldown doesn't really matter when the effect is so, so much stronger.
You'll end up getting more tier ups than the 60 second cd.
Regardless though, he's still weak either way, so whether or not it's better is pretty irrelevant.
I want to see changes that help him in chase or improve his ability to counter loops. Improving the tier up rate (if it is) isn't going to make him more viable. The madness just doesn't mean enough.
Exhaustion add ons shouldn't be a thing anymore we got blood echo now
Why is it an unfair comparison? We are allowed to factor in whatever tools a Killer has at their disposal, especially when it is a perk that is always available (unlike add-ons, which are one-time use and limited supply).
In exchange for tracking, he gains the ability to use his shock attack and M1 attack interchangeably without having to move at 110% or switch stances, which means he can more reliably capitalize on preventing Survivors from vaulting windows or using pallets.
"You'll end up getting more tier ups than the 60 second cd."
Not convinced. All Static Field was ever really good for was getting people to Tier 1 Madness.
Don't think that's true, you're wasting a ton of time if you're repeatedly trying to get tier ups from just static field. You barely have to use any time at all to tier them up w/ static blast.
*perks
Took me a second to refind the line. 1:15:20 They are talking about zapping people. They mention its a little bigger but the addons dont increase it as much, nor widen it. Since I didnt really ever care to have a huge shock therapy, just workably large with a 25% increase from moldy electrode...this was nice to hear.
Thank god, its not that incredible but its more an QoL change
If your spending time passively tiering ppl up for long periods of time versus spending time doing nothing but staring at a timer for 60 seconds...you'd be right. In real interactions though, being able to make a person hit T2 or T3 that you WERENT shocking with shock therapy is gonna be alot faster with the new static blast, allowing you to use it to find people outside of the initial T1 alot easier. Outside of just tracking, it'll also help in cases where you see multiple people but can only chase one. Hit the button and cause everyone that WAS at T2 to hit T3 and be forced to snap out of it while you chase someone down.
The change to his stances, the fact that he'll be moving faster while using shock therapy and the slight buff to his base shock therapy range should all (hopefully) give him a nice buff to being able to counter loops alot easier with his shock therapy, aka help in the chase.
Most people were asking for "moldy electrode at base", and this sounds like THAT. Will definitely be nice to have as well as everything else. Shocking ppl mid chase wont feel as tiring with constant stance changes while looping or constant speed changes while swapping said stances. We'll see if it makes that much of a difference, but im excited.
Excited too, I also tought that should be base without the bad side
Might be why they said the range addons will have a reduced effect. Maybe theyre removing the downside...
They so look good for those of use that like to play Doc.
I just hope the dc penalties are in a working state and implemented by the time they release the Doc patch for my own sanity as I hate the amount of dcers when I play him.
People said rework Freddy would be mid to low tier as well when they first showed off the changes. He turned out to be top tier in the right hands.
Moral of the story: Wait until you see how it is in practice, even if it sounds bad on paper.
Pretty much this. I didnt have much faith in new Freddy when they first showed him...
What baffles me is that this doesn't even sound bad on paper.
Lmao ikr. Static blast sounds so much more useful.
Static field helps you find find people for the first tier of madness, then it's pretty much garbage the rest of the round.