Killer and Survivor rule books

As I'm sure most of you notice - survivors and killers alike (though, I see it more from survivors, but that's cause these days I mostly play killer) seem to have these mysterious books of unwritten rules of things the opposition is "not allowed to do".

We all know the standard ones...

Survivors:

  1. Killers aren't allowed to camp for any reason ever.
  2. Killers aren't allowed to tunnel (again, for any reason ever).
  3. Killers have to respect the 4% (yes, I still hear this to this day)
  4. Killers have to let us save our team mates, even if they see us running toward the hook right after they hook someone.

Killers:

  1. Survivors aren't allowed to genrush (though, I tend to hear this as a game complaint more than towards survivors. Most killers these days tend to recognize that survivors have no other objective)
  2. Survivors aren't allowed to crouch within my field of vision, because crouching is toxic.
  3. If I tunnel you for 5 straight generators and disconnect, it's your fault. (have had this happen)
  4. Flashlights are toxic.

What are some of the most outlandish ones you've heard on both sides? :)

Comments

  • Thy shan't disagree with my side or thy is entitled and biased.

  • Okay I want to know the context behind whoever originally posted this picture.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918103#Comment_918103

    Okay I want to know the context behind whoever originally posted this picture.

    Salty rule book

  • Killers:

    dont you dare to touch my totem

    dont you dare to sabo my hook

    dont you dare to head on stun me

    for each of those i was facecamped before

    Survs:

    in 3vs1 you have to let us escape

    dont use franklin

    dont slug

    dont bodyblock to get down (i got "-rep bodyblocking" because i cornered surv as plague and make them fully sick -> down)

  • Killers - looping is toxic. Though shalt take thy stabbing while not moving, but straight line running is allowed.

    Survivors - That's a sweaty build. Toxic!

  • Only Killer Rulebook I'm aware of is authored by Survivors.

  • Well, one time I got called a hacker for using Mad Grit so, does that count

  • The only rulebook I go by is my own, and it's paper thin and could fit on a ants back...

  • Well Mr_K obviously doesn't have a clue.

    From Killers,

    Dont use DS, BL, HO, BT, or any perk that makes it harder to catch the survivor.

    From Survivors,

    Don't use Ruin, NOED, the 3rd seal, or Mori

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    As I'm sure most of you notice - survivors and killers alike (though, I see it more from survivors, but that's cause these days I mostly play killer) seem to have these mysterious books of unwritten rules of things the opposition is "not allowed to do".

    We all know the standard ones...

    Survivors:

    1. Killers aren't allowed to camp for any reason ever.
    2. Killers aren't allowed to tunnel (again, for any reason ever).
    3. Killers have to respect the 4% (yes, I still hear this to this day)
    4. Killers have to let us save our team mates, even if they see us running toward the hook right after they hook someone.

    Killers:

    1. Survivors aren't allowed to genrush (though, I tend to hear this as a game complaint more than towards survivors. Most killers these days tend to recognize that survivors have no other objective)
    2. Survivors aren't allowed to crouch within my field of vision, because crouching is toxic.
    3. If I tunnel you for 5 straight generators and disconnect, it's your fault. (have had this happen)
    4. Flashlights are toxic.

    What are some of the most outlandish ones you've heard on both sides? :)

    Rulebook?! You know I can't read... without my reading glasses

  • You forgot the most important shared rule.

    #888: Anyone that disagrees with you in any way is automatically not a "real <role> main", because everyone knows killer mains and survivor mains are actually hiveminds.

  • You have to play seriously as killer. If you're playing as ghostface and teabag at every pallet and when you hook someone you're a jerk.

  • I'm jst tired of all the double standards coming from mostly killers. Killers are allowed to use red mories with no shame but i'm toxic for having a key?

  • @Galklife said:

    Killers:

    dont you dare to touch my totem

    dont you dare to sabo my hook

    dont you dare to head on stun me

    for each of those i was facecamped before

    Survs:

    in 3vs1 you have to let us escape

    dont use franklin

    dont slug

    dont bodyblock to get down (i got "-rep bodyblocking" because i cornered surv as plague and make them fully sick -> down)

    Who finds sabotage to be toxic? It's literally a survivor not doing anything

  • Ive seen a lot of “don’t use DS” in killer rules.

    personally, i laugh and use it anyways.

    i don’t say whether or not to use ruin, noed, etc. so i can use whatever perk i want, whenever i want, however i want.

    :)

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    I'm jst tired of all the double standards coming from mostly killers. Killers are allowed to use red mories with no shame but i'm toxic for having a key?

    i see this a lot too. then they just say “there’s 4 of yOu buT oNlY oNe oF mE”

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918219#Comment_918219

    Who finds sabotage to be toxic? It's literally a survivor not doing anything

    i got facecamped many many times for sabo

  • Killer: Don't play as Steve

    Survivor: Don't take advantage of a 3 gen scenario

  • I'm surprised there are people that don't respect the 4%. Then again there are people that think rank matters.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    Ive seen a lot of “don’t use DS” in killer rules.

    personally, i laugh and use it anyways.

    i don’t say whether or not to use ruin, noed, etc. so i can use whatever perk i want, whenever i want, however i want.

    :)

    Same here. These are things I've seen, and primarily dont care what perks you use or items you being. I do think it's sad when, for example, a Billy or bubba use NOED when they already have an instant down. But hey, use what you want.

  • I've seen "You're not allowed to slug to avoid DS."

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    As I'm sure most of you notice - survivors and killers alike (though, I see it more from survivors, but that's cause these days I mostly play killer) seem to have these mysterious books of unwritten rules of things the opposition is "not allowed to do".

    We all know the standard ones...

    Survivors:

    1. Killers aren't allowed to camp for any reason ever.
    2. Killers aren't allowed to tunnel (again, for any reason ever).
    3. Killers have to respect the 4% (yes, I still hear this to this day)
    4. Killers have to let us save our team mates, even if they see us running toward the hook right after they hook someone.

    Killers:

    1. Survivors aren't allowed to genrush (though, I tend to hear this as a game complaint more than towards survivors. Most killers these days tend to recognize that survivors have no other objective)
    2. Survivors aren't allowed to crouch within my field of vision, because crouching is toxic.
    3. If I tunnel you for 5 straight generators and disconnect, it's your fault. (have had this happen)
    4. Flashlights are toxic.

    What are some of the most outlandish ones you've heard on both sides? :)

    Can't use Clowns bottles to cut loops.

  • The rule is there are no rules. Simple.