Taking a break until Oni is fixed

I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904198#Comment_904198

    Just be honest with yourself. He was released overpowered so everyone will buy him. He will get nerfed down the line once everyone has already bought him. Same crap with killers like legion.

    I would have agreed if it was a licensed character, but no you can buy the Oni with shards.

  • That's dangerous talk, friend. Two or three more folks say something like this and Oni takes the Legion train to Nerfsville.

    He's really not that hard to go up against.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

    The devs designed him to play that way just like they designed Leatherface to camp . Blame them ... the oni is punished for picking u up while using his power so he has to make use of his one shot ability if not then his power is useless just like u make use of a toolbox until ur out of it , he is using his ability until he is out of it.

  • I didn't specify whether Myers was better or worse than Oni.

  • The blood bubbles suck and need some kind of temp counter but other than that he just forces you to run him

    I hate running the killer every single game so now that oni chases everyone I finally get to do gens

    He's as easy to loop as demigorgon was on launch, I actually feel like I got a chance until "nerf" or "power up" lol. I absolutely hate learning how to run a killer the first month then a "nerf" comes out forcing a whole game play change. These nurfs you're begging for only screw you, stop it πŸ˜‚

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904187#Comment_904187

    So you are basically saying he is so overpowered in his ability that the only counterplay is to hide in a locker? I agree.

    Or alternatively, you can burn like 5+ safe pallets and get wrecked on the next time he pops it.

    who said a locker? unless he's popping it while on top of you then you have a chance to hide on the map unless it's maybe the game. due to the change to how his power is 'lost' locker is not the way to counter him anymore. hiding in a locker just freezes his power without losing the amount he would've if he slugged you first. I had him dash to the gen I was working on twice and walked around a rock twice because he chose not to whack the gen + didn't notice the slight progress I made in the ~15 seconds he was away on the pale rose map at a gen that was between the pier/shack so he could only dash from that direction.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904314#Comment_904314

    Well typically most high rank survivors never heal, because they all run iron will / dead hard / and adrenaline and just rush the gens. But the blood bubbles lead him directly to you if you are injured, iron will or not.

    When he's oni mode he can't use the blood bubbles whatsoever. I believe you also don't spawn them as well as you can see them spawning under you regularly. Imagine a killer trying to change the no-heal meta.

  • Guys loop around pallets its not hard

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904331#Comment_904331

    Ghostface and wraith punish the no-heal meta plenty in my opinion. What's the point of healing against Oni anyways? Half the time he is going to 1 shot you regardless of your health state.

    Spend like 20 seconds healing to full even when it will leave him half a power bar anyways. It's still more efficient to just rush gens with adrenaline.

    Orbs don't spawn while he's oni mode, so you're free to heal while he's not near. If you're healed when it ends, there's no new blood orbs. Therefore the game is basically reset to normal with a few pallets lost because the first 1-2 people used them to prevent hits for 3 gens. Imagine what'd happen in this situation to the oni now? If you know he's running slugging specialization then you know he isn't running NC/sloppy (since I'd assume he'll be using bbq for far away, M&A for infectious interaction leaving one slot for those at best). If we're assuming he's going to always down us then I suppose ghostface will always expose/down and plague will get you sick within 10 seconds and down you then. No counterplay whatsoever.

  • And with teammates like that you'll lose against any other killer - so why are we assuming those are part of the equation?

  • @Liruliniel said:

    Bring Unbreakable. People need to learn to deal with a Oni. Lucky Break and No Mither literally nerf him. If you keep playing the same against newer killers as older ones your going to be underperforming. The newer Killers seem to be forcing Survivors to adapt anymore.

    He gets 100 max blood orbs on the map and than they start with a cycle of oldest replaced for the newest ones.

    Yeah cause before the match starts you know who the killer is so you can prepare with those perks...

  • @greatnessawaits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903496#Comment_903496

    Yeah cause before the match starts you know who the killer is so you can prepare with those perks...

    Well sorry you have to actually learn the game instead of just run the same old meta build.

  • @Blueberry said:

    There are already tons of counters to slugging available to you. Oni also isn't even that strong.

    There's also no difference between you sitting on the ground and on the hook besides getting to live longer on the ground.

    These complaints don't make any sense.

    I actually like it when the killer slugs me because that means I don't have to spend a hook state. πŸ˜πŸ€—

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904073#Comment_904073

    I actually like it when the killer slugs me because that means I don't have to spend a hook state. πŸ˜πŸ€—

    Honestly how I see it. A oni gets ambitious and downs 1 guy and chases another. 20 seconds later he may down the other one, but we then get the other guy up and it's the same as if he just went to hook the other guy except he wasted 20 extra seconds on the chase

  • @Liruliniel said:

    Bring Unbreakable. People need to learn to deal with a Oni. Lucky Break and No Mither literally nerf him. If you keep playing the same against newer killers as older ones your going to be underperforming. The newer Killers seem to be forcing Survivors to adapt anymore.

    He gets 100 max blood orbs on the map and than they start with a cycle of oldest replaced for the newest ones.

    Unbreakable? Lol that's a sad counter to him because it only works once. What do you do after you've already used it? Not much you're back to square one. Don't get me wrong, I've been running unbreakable and tenacity and I try to save unbreakable for the absolute best moment but even then sometimes you get slugged again thereafter.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904073#Comment_904073

    I actually like it when the killer slugs me because that means I don't have to spend a hook state. πŸ˜πŸ€—

    Exactly my thoughts as well. I'd rather them slug me.

    It's a high risk play for the killer that can backfire a lot. Especially if anyone happens to be running anti-slug perks.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903496#Comment_903496

    Unbreakable? Lol that's a sad counter to him because it only works once. What do you do after you've already used it? Not much you're back to square one. Don't get me wrong, I've been running unbreakable and tenacity and I try to save unbreakable for the absolute best moment but even then sometimes you get slugged again thereafter.

    Unbreakable can change the tide of a match when used correctly.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904410#Comment_904410

    Unbreakable can change the tide of a match when used correctly.

    Yes but it depends on a lot of factors. Borrowed Time even Hope even Autodidact even Deliverance can have a compelling impact on a match. A lot of people are acting like unbreakable is the definitive counter But ultimately it is limited to once per trial.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904391#Comment_904391

    This is playing out the same as the old nurse and spirit. Bad killers who are suddenly finding success with an overpowered killer rush to it's defense. Too bad it was probably released overpowered to boost sales, and will be cut back in time.

    I don't even have him unlocked yet so I've only played against him. Besides my one match against him on the game (where he basement hooked 2 people during the glitch) he hasn't managed a 4k. I even rematched against that specific player somehow that day on badham and got a 2k/2 escape. As usual bad survivors haven't even played against it for a week and are calling it overpowered (notice how bad this argument is?)

  • I honestly think oni is fine. People just need to get used to him.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903496#Comment_903496

    Unbreakable? Lol that's a sad counter to him because it only works once. What do you do after you've already used it? Not much you're back to square one. Don't get me wrong, I've been running unbreakable and tenacity and I try to save unbreakable for the absolute best moment but even then sometimes you get slugged again thereafter.

    Unbreakable only works once? I thought it would speed up recovery by 35% but ok.

    @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904435#Comment_904435

    I have an extraordinary amount of hours in this game, and believe I can form my own opinions on the new killer. Balance discussions don't' matter unless we are talking about rank 1. Any match results that are not conducted at rank 1 with an entire rank 1 survivor team are meaningless to me. I don't need to play against him for months to recognize his strengths and weaknesses.

    Oni is an S tier facecamper with incredibly limited drawbacks to his ability. Two M1's and then it can almost be up the entire game? Give me a break.

    S tier facecamper? :D So bubba is only A tier facecamper or S+++ tier? I am confused by this. care to elaborate what makes him a better facecamper than bubba or billy?

    Tell me is your post satire or something or are you serious? Btw you didn't answer me in the other thread, now you state you have an extraordinary amount of hours in the game so why do you not have any devotion?

    Please stop with the lies.

  • Go in a locker when he activates his power and leave it when it's over :O

  • @Endstille yeah the speed boost to Healing is nice, and it definitely is a great perk with tenacity. The full recovery is once is what I was referring to.

  • Y'all are funny "no mither is a free win for Oni, collecting a few orbs throughout the map is terribly slow for building his ability, they are only good for tracking if you were already chasing the survivor otherwise they don't spawn fast enough to lead you to the killer .if you try to lead based on orbs it's extremely easy to get double backed on and not even know it.

  • Just run No Mither so he can't get blood from hitting you and his power won't knock you down from full health :)


  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904477#Comment_904477

    I play on both xbox and PC bro. My screenshots, at rank 1, are only my PC account. And if you don't think a 1 shot killer is an S tier facecamper I don't know what to tell you. Git gud.

    Well thanks for clearing up the devotion confusion.

    However why does facecamping matter in any way? Like literally any facecamper decides at that point okay i throw the game. Why do you think tierlists are in order for the ability of a killer to facecamp (technically facecamping was removed from the game btw).

    @Nicholas

    Yeah so see the perk does have other uses besides the recovery from dying state and thus is useful against slugging.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904477#Comment_904477

    I play on both xbox and PC bro. My screenshots, at rank 1, are only my PC account. And if you don't think a 1 shot killer is an S tier facecamper I don't know what to tell you. Git gud.

    Oh ya I forgot you were the random who claimed to of gone against the Depip squad 2 years ago and than some of the best survivors the game has to offer regularly yet wasn't barely player level 90 yet.

    @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904410#Comment_904410

    Unbreakable only works once? I thought it would speed up recovery by 35% but ok.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904461#Comment_904461

    S tier facecamper? :D

    Tell me is your post satire or something or are you serious? Btw you didn't answer me in the other thread, now you state you have an extraordinary amount of hours in the game so why do you not have any devotion?

    Please stop with the lies.

    Leave him be man. Gotta impress those internet people who don't care one way or the other. He could be lying he could be telling the truth.

  • @rikaa said:

    If the killer is too strong like oni, you just force survivors to do gen rush. They pick toolboxes DS,BT and prove thyself. They rush and escape. DBD has 3 major problems.

    1-Gen Rush

    2-Camp, Tunnel, Slug

    3-Toxicity

    These are just because of the unbalanced killers and perks-add ons. They need to nerf oni. And make gen times a little bit longer. I was in oni matches today. All the time we were slugged. By cancelling his power when he pick up someone just makes killers slug survivors. People DC because they are slugged a lot, camped and tunneled. Usually killers tend to camp,tunnel when survivors are rushing gens doing them fast. So killer needs a pressure. These are all balance problems. The 3 major problems are just the results of unbalanced game. I will also kill myself on the hook. The oni is owerpowered. In 60 seconds after the game started, he got his power and slugged everybody. By the way were were all red ranks. rank1,rank3...He gains his power too quickly which is really boring. I am sure that devs are going to nerf him guys believe it or not. Spirit is nerfed(still powerful) but oni will be nerfed. So I am just waiting...

    Lol nerf... it been a week.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904522#Comment_904522

    They DC'd because I blew them away with tombstone myers. Back in the day, nobody knew how strong it was. The original "TOMBSTONED" video by monto was inspired by me tombstoning the crap out of him.

    Even Tydetyme, a proponent of how underpowered killers were, put I his youtube video "killers have some really strong perks and items" after I play with your food mori'd him like 50 seconds into the match.

    @Endstille take him back please.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

    Just deal with it ffs, bring perks that the game offers to counter him. Stop complaining like a survivor main. This does not happen to me. You are over exaggerating.

  • UNBREAKABLE

    and GIT GUD

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

    I'm not salty about it, but I'm kinda surprised the devs made a killer that encourages slugging. It just doesn't seem healthy for the game to me. I don't blame any killers for playing Oni and using him as intended, it's just really boring to be slugged. For the most part I've had fun against him though, even though I die most of the time. I don't blame you for taking a break. I was bored to death by Ghostface and literally stopped playing the game for a week (on two occasions) because of him alone.

  • They need to limit how much blood he can get per survivor, like The Shape can't Tier III all on one survivor. He has to go and find others to stalk. Thankfully I haven't run into many Onis at Red ranks.

  • Only thing that actually is marked as bug about Oni is the Extra spins he can do when flicking. Should be about 90 degrees and you can do full 180.

    You know that slugging is something that could be done by pretty much any killer?

    I had a game 2 days ago against billy which pretty much ended in 2 minutes. He slugged everyone and won. You have to suck it up and play better next time.

  • @Thasard said:

    They need to limit how much blood he can get per survivor, like The Shape can't Tier III all on one survivor. He has to go and find others to stalk. Thankfully I haven't run into many Onis at Red ranks.

    There is a limit to the amount of blood that's spawned on the map (100 orbs) so one person being injured is not as bad as 2-3 honestly. The Shape can go from t1 to t3 all in one survivor if I'm remembering right (I haven't really played him in months, as I'm not that huge a fan of him). Sure this leaves that one completely drained but still feels worse than oni having to either hit 2 different survivors at the beginning or hit 1 and slowly let him bleed for a good...40 seconds? each orb gives 2.5% power and 2 spawn every 5 seconds by default so basically he'll get 1% every second + normal regen + 40% from the swing. I had a match on lery's where I'm pretty sure the shape didn't stalk me at all yet he was running the infinite tier 3 + standing mori addons and he was able to hit it. That or I didn't see my spine chill working properly at some point where I was out in the open with another team mate.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

    i agree. but i hate oni cause hes cringe. not scary . just lazy character

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903496#Comment_903496

    Removing bleeding doesn't stop blood orbs from spawning.

    But when you smack a no mither he doesnt get a huge blood bonus

  • This content has been removed.
  • Its funny how killers act like all survivors "have" to do is bring more perks to counter a few killers but then complain about "genrush".

  • @Lightsaber09 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903502#Comment_903502

    But when you smack a no mither he doesnt get a huge blood bonus

    This is true, but one could argue that that is cancelled out by the fact that the person with No Mither has no way to turn off the Blood Orb faucet.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    I'm tired of being slugged 4 times a match. Frankly No Mither is probably his counter at this point. I haven't been M1'd by an Oni lately and he slugs so much. I guess its fun if you're the killer. I don't particularly enjoy crawling on the ground for 5 minutes so guess I'm gonna play a different game until people stop playing Oni or the playstyle changes from slugging. I'm also a little perturbed that blood orbs don't expire and slugs drop them so Oni can proximity camp a slug wait for that survivor to get picked up go into his power one shot the heal and slug again. Its just not fun. Its not fun at all.

    Until it's nerf, to be able to gen rush and then make teabag at the exit door, isn't it?

    Meanwhile, since "I don't know how to play against him, I'm leaving ..."

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903504#Comment_903504

    Why do you like to gen rush any killer that isn’t a potato ? Survivors do realise it’s a 0 pip for all of you when you gen rush ? Got to love the logIc of dealing with killers ....

    What else is there to do? We dont have any other objectives to do. And it helps against the slugging killers.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    Bring Unbreakable. People need to learn to deal with a Oni. Lucky Break and No Mither literally nerf him. If you keep playing the same against newer killers as older ones your going to be underperforming. The newer Killers seem to be forcing Survivors to adapt anymore.

    He gets 100 max blood orbs on the map and than they start with a cycle of oldest replaced for the newest ones.

    Not true. No mither leaves blood pick-ups which is totally bs. Just confirmed as of 12/28/19

  • @lilolmeetch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903496#Comment_903496

    Not true. No mither leaves blood pick-ups which is totally bs. Just confirmed as of 12/28/19

    Like a month late man. Someone pointed it out awhile back in a significantly more respectful tone. Nice to see you can actually read a thread though instead of necroing a dead thread just to quote a single random post.

1 2 β€Ί