When People Complain About Being Slugged For A 4K

Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3, you selfish player, you!

Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I slug for the 4k if the survivor who I am looking for did not do their job, AKA not looping, leading me to others, not saving or being immersed. I also slug if there are 4 or 5 gens left seeing how they did not do enough gens or play well enough to escape. I don't slug if the opposite happens or if the map is too big for my killer to transverse and find the hatch/ the survivor

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856731#Comment_856731

    That doesn't make it free. They still had to find it before you. If you don't like the hatch escape find it first.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856746#Comment_856746

    Yeah. They got there first. Meaning they meet the condition they needed to in order to escape. It seems a really hard concept for people.

    Yes it is. If I don't like the hatch I'll slug you all, which is where we are at now. You shouldn't even have the chance to find a hatch first in that scenario because you failed your objective.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856782#Comment_856782

    Yeah, I will try to find it first..oh wait the survivors are mad that I slugged them to find the hatch. See the issue?

    It's boring but it's whatever. Of course considering how much faster you are as killer you have the advantage finding it.

    @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856782#Comment_856782

    Yes it is. If I don't like the hatch I'll slug you all, which is where we are at now. You shouldn't even have the chance to find a hatch first in that scenario because you failed your objective.

    Which still doesn't make it free. Ffs if they got there first they either out played you or got lucky.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Imagine if survivors were expected to just give up the last gen...

    Jokes aside, you are absolutely right:

    I'm the killer and I'm slugging because I want to search for the hatch / the last survivor. The last survivor is hiding instead of going to heal the slugged - well, you can say Killer, just take the 3K!, but why not Survivor, just take the loss and show yourself! - especially if there are still a few generators to go?

    Because one survivor can still survive? Yeah, and the killer can still 4K.

    It's not the killers fault if your team mates are cowards :P.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856710#Comment_856710

    I play red ranks every season and I can inform you.....it isn't. As you don't know that, you clearly haven't played in red ranks before.

    You need 13 points to gain a single pip at Red Ranks.

    At worst, that's 3 Gold and 1 Iridescent.

    90% of the time, your Gatekeeper is an auto-muck at this rank.

    Keep doing you, though.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3, you selfish player, you!

    Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

    Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

    Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

    You talking about slugging the whole team or slugging last person for hatch escapes?

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    @GrootDude you changed your icon and I dislike it very much.

    Just think of it as Bubba’s eye 😁

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856787#Comment_856787

    It's boring but it's whatever. Of course considering how much faster you are as killer you have the advantage finding it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856801#Comment_856801

    Which still doesn't make it free. Ffs if they got there first they either out played you or got lucky.

    Outplaying is getting all the gens done. The hatch even spawning is a freebie chance at survival that wasn't earned. Not the escape, literally just the hatch even spawning to give you the chance.

  • No, it isn’t.

    @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856584#Comment_856584

    Lol, attacking me by assuming I proxy camp because you have no valid counter-argument. I must just be a terrible person because I slug and I'm selfish and boo-hoo, how rude of me to want to win.

    smh

    3 kills is a win though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856844#Comment_856844

    It doesn’t matter.

    We aren’t allowed to go near survivors under any circumstance.

    Except to give them party treat bags or stand by a pallet to be willingly stunned.

    Guess lately I've been bad since i was trophy hunting on survivors. How dare I chainsaw them, puke on them, or lean stalk them.

  • Try imagining yourself in the shoes of the last two survivors. Then tell me how much fun it is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856869#Comment_856869

    Tsk tsk.

    You risk being reported for griefing, and receiving a temporary ban.

    Egahd!!! Why do you play with fire?!?!

    Oops oh well best harrass them harder next time for that perma ban.

  • And so's 4 kills.

    Look at the replies here; Some people actually believe it's BAD to go for a 4K or slug to prevent the hatch from opening, when you know the 3rd guy will hook-suicide to give his friend the hatch.

    Some people in this very thread basically say what my OP satires; that I should just be happy with a 3K and going for a 4K is being a tryhard. It's quite silly.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856819#Comment_856819

    Outplaying is getting all the gens done. The hatch even spawning is a freebie chance at survival that wasn't earned. Not the escape, literally just the hatch even spawning to give you the chance.

    Yeah. Because it's completely reasonable to expect 1 survivor to complete 5 gens.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856870#Comment_856870

    Try imagining yourself in the shoes of the killer trying absolutely EVERYTHING in their kit yet still only manages ONE hook before the 5th gen pops. Then tell me how much fun it is.

    Slugging for the 4k is no different than survivors using everything at their disposal to make the killer's life miserable.

    Both acts are very sweaty imo.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    Because the entitled survivors don't like anything that makes the game harder or less fun for them. They only like gen rushing, pallet looping, teabagging and flashlight spamming.

    No ######### someone isn't gonna enjoy stuff that's not fun. It's how the human mind works. Killers always act like survivors are test dummies that are supposed to act the way they are supposed to.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856858#Comment_856858

    Yeah. Because it's completely reasonable to expect 1 survivor to complete 5 gens.

    The reasonable chance was 4 survivors to complete 5 gens, that WAS your chance and your team failed. You don't get another chance at winning for no reason, you already had it.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Majority of your posts so far have just been you crying about survivors opinions ngl..

    Well about the slugging... people have better things to do than just crawl and look at their screen for 4 minutes while you are probably proxy camping the slug on top of that so they won't get away. I usually just hook the third survivor and don't care if they find the hatch before me. The only times i slug at the end is if the remaining survivor was toxic af or if the hatch has already spawned, i might look for it. But i'm not gonna tryhard and waste mine and everyone else's time for "muh 4k".

    You don't have to care about ranking up, but a lot of people do. That's the only reason why it's done. If you have Unbreakable, then you are in luck, if you don't then you can still get crawl for hatch, hide for a teammate go rescue or recover. If the killer is camping, that only gives the other survivor a chance to get gens done and escape.

    Saying OP is crying is just silly ngl, shows your immature ngl.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856889#Comment_856889

    The reasonable chance was 4 survivors to complete 5 gens, that WAS your chance and your team failed. You don't get another chance at winning for no reason, you already had it.

    The fact that you assume your team can be counted on to do anything is baffling.

  • By that same logic isn't a three man escape still a win.

    If the killer decides to defend the last hook to guarantee at least one kill why don't the survivors just leave instead of 99 and the gates and trying to desperately get the save

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856722#Comment_856722

    No ######### someone isn't gonna enjoy stuff that's not fun. It's how the human mind works. Killers always act like survivors are test dummies that are supposed to act the way they are supposed to.

    Both sides do this the amount of times I've heard a survivor order me to play a certain way because it's fun for them is ridiculous.

    As I've always stated as long as you're not doing something bannable play the way you want to play.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856894#Comment_856894

    Which brings me to my point:

    Killers or survivors have little right to outcry how the opposing side chooses to play, because they themselves are very rarely going to show any ounce of mercy for who they’re up against.

    Even still, you can make the match a little more fun for both parties by not playing sweaty all the time.

    Me personally, I rarely slug for the 4k because it's more fun and interesting to give the last survivor a sporting chance.

    Also, I have played against plenty of good survivors who have avoided using over-powered loops. Those games were more fun for me as killer.

    You don't have to go out of your way to stomp the opposing side into the ground. Just because the game is not balanced doesn't mean players have to make it worse.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856898#Comment_856898

    The fact that you assume your team can be counted on to do anything is baffling.

    That wasn't something my post assumed at all. You get good teams and you get bad teams, that doesn't mean you have any reason to get a second chance.


  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856896#Comment_856896

    Even still, you can make the match a little more fun for both parties by not playing sweaty all the time.

    Me personally, I rarely slug for the 4k because it's more fun and interesting to give the last survivor a sporting chance.

    Also, I have played against plenty of good survivors who have avoided using over-powered loops. Those games were more fun for me as killer.

    You don't have to go out of your way to stomp the opposing side into the ground. Just because the game is not balanced doesn't mean players have to make it worse.

    Tell you what:

    I'll stop going for a 4K if a Survivor group ever give me a hook if the gens all pop before someone's dead.

    I mean, if me going for a 4K is being 'sweaty', or 'ruining the game', how do Survivors think I feel when they genrush and everyone is about to leave inside 5 minutes?

    But no Survivor will agree that 4-man escapes is sweaty. It's only KILLERS who have to follow made-up rules and 'not be sweaty' and 'Just let the 4th go'.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856906#Comment_856906

    That wasn't something my post assumed at all. You get good teams and you get bad teams, that doesn't mean you have any reason to get a second chance.

    Considering the idiots I encounter I think the first chance is debatable.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856943#Comment_856943

    Considering the idiots I encounter I think the first chance is debatable.

    Even if your entire team sucks it is still very easy to die and still pip as survivor. This ranks you up and the likelyhood of bad teams gets lower and lower.

  • yes it (most likely) is.

    3 kills is just 3 kills, not a win - a win is a Pip 😎.

    Even a 4k could not be enough to win.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856958#Comment_856958

    Even if your entire team sucks it is still very easy to die and still pip as survivor. This ranks you up and the likelyhood of bad teams gets lower and lower.

    Which doesn't change the hatch is not free.

  • It is a free chance that wasn't earned. Your chance was the gens and that was failed.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856861#Comment_856861

    And so's 4 kills.

    Look at the replies here; Some people actually believe it's BAD to go for a 4K or slug to prevent the hatch from opening, when you know the 3rd guy will hook-suicide to give his friend the hatch.

    Some people in this very thread basically say what my OP satires; that I should just be happy with a 3K and going for a 4K is being a tryhard. It's quite silly.

    I don’t think it’s bad to go for the 4K, just boring from both sides imo.

    @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856861#Comment_856861

    By that same logic isn't a three man escape still a win.

    If the killer decides to defend the last hook to guarantee at least one kill why don't the survivors just leave instead of 99 and the gates and trying to desperately get the save

    It is still a win, who said it wasn’t?

    You will, give it time. :P

  • This content has been removed.
  • What they're really saying is they want the hatch removed.

  • I have said before that if you slug just to stop the last guy getting the hatch, it's spiteful.

    The hatch is in fact meant to be a 50/50 shot for both. If the survivor finds it, they get out. If the killer finds it, they close it.

    End of the day it's not wrong of a killer to slug the all but one last guy but it's spiteful gameplay.

    Some will own that and that's fine. But when you then have spiteful gameplay happen to you, don't moan.

    Both killers and survivors can be spiteful and there is no need for it. If you feel you need to play like that then so be it but don't try and deny it's anything but spiteful.

  • @Thrrun said:

    I have said before that if you slug just to stop the last guy getting the hatch, it's spiteful.

    The hatch is in fact meant to be a 50/50 shot for both. If the survivor finds it, they get out. If the killer finds it, they close it.

    End of the day it's not wrong of a killer to slug the all but one last guy but it's spiteful gameplay.

    Some will own that and that's fine. But when you then have spiteful gameplay happen to you, don't moan.

    Both killers and survivors can be spiteful and there is no need for it. If you feel you need to play like that then so be it but don't try and deny it's anything but spiteful.

    No, it's not spiteful. Saying it's spiteful is trying to shame Killers for trying to win. 'Well, you CAN go for that 4K, but it's spiteful!'

    This is complete BS. If it's not 'spiteful' for Survivors to genrush & escape, then it's not spiteful to slug to get a 4K. Stop shaming Killers in an attempt to dictate acceptable play-styles. It's disgusting.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857096#Comment_857096

    No, it's not spiteful. Saying it's spiteful is trying to shame Killers for trying to win. 'Well, you CAN go for that 4K, but it's spiteful!'

    This is complete BS. If it's not 'spiteful' for Survivors to genrush & escape, then it's not spiteful to slug to get a 4K. Stop shaming Killers in an attempt to dictate acceptable play-styles. It's disgusting.

    Yes, it is spiteful gameplay, very much so.

    The only reason you do it would be to stop the last guy getting the hatch. That's called being spiteful. You are not giving someone a chance to find the hatch and get out, because you want to spite them of that so you can guarantee your kill.

    If a killer is ashamed of being called spiteful then they should not act in a spiteful way.


  • @Thrrun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857106#Comment_857106

    Yes, it is spiteful gameplay, very much so.

    The only reason you do it would be to stop the last guy getting the hatch. That's called being spiteful. You are not giving someone a chance to find the hatch and get out, because you want to spite them of that so you can guarantee your kill.

    If a killer is ashamed of being called spiteful then they should not act in a spiteful way.

    Boo freaking hoo. It's not spiteful, it's called playing to win. heaven forbid a Killer play to win without being told they should feel bad for doing so.

    Is it spiteful to genrush and leave in under 5 minutes? No? Funny how it only works one way, huh?

    It's spiteful to play to win as a KILLER, but not spiteful to run meta perks & SWF as a SURVIVOR. No. That's just playing the game normally. Only KILLERS can be bad and try too hard.

    You're exactly the type of mindset I was making fun of in the OP. Someone who thinks trying as Killer is horrible and tries to shame people for not doing what they want.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    They complain because it's boring to be in the ground doing nothing.

    Not because the killer can't try to get a 4k

    I typically only do it when I can start a chase with the last guy right away. Had someone try to shame me for it this morning, even though he was only slugged for 30 seconds before I downed his teammate too.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857115#Comment_857115

    Boo freaking hoo. It's not spiteful, it's called playing to win. heaven forbid a Killer play to win without being told they should feel bad for doing so.

    Is it spiteful to genrush and leave in under 5 minutes? No? Funny how it only works one way, huh?

    It's spiteful to play to win as a KILLER, but not spiteful to run meta perks & SWF as a SURVIVOR. No. That's just playing the game normally. Only KILLERS can be bad and try too hard.

    You're exactly the type of mindset I was making fun of in the OP. Someone who thinks trying as Killer is horrible and tries to shame people for not doing what they want.

    It does not matter how you try an say it Dwight, it's spiteful gameplay. You are slugging to stop someone having a fair chance.

    I don't think killers are more spiteful than survivors, both can be spiteful.

    However doing gens is not really stopping a killer having a fair chance. Also both killers and survivors run powerful perks. Let's not derail.

    It's not spiteful to get 4k at all if you got it in a fair way. It's like when a survivor is being spiteful by DCing when a killer finds the hatch first and closes it. I'm not picking sides here, let's not turn this into yet another killer gameplay vs survivor gameplay argument.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856980#Comment_856980

    It is a free chance that wasn't earned. Your chance was the gens and that was failed.

    think of it this way. That survivor who’s left outlived the other survivors... the ones who couldn’t evade you or do anything constructive to help in the survival of everyone, the remaining survivor has done their bit, evaded you and tried to do their best... so by hooking the third instead of slugging, you give them the chance to either a) go for the save and continue doing their bit or b) get caught and you earn that right to deny the hatch; regardless - you might find it first anyway.

    I’m a killer main btw, before I get responses that I’m a survivor main ;) just food for thought.

    Purple ranks I can still get merciless letting someone live (if they’re on death hook), & red ranks it’s still at least 1. You’ll always pip & rank as long as you’re efficient.


  • @Thrrun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857124#Comment_857124

    It does not matter how you try an say it Dwight, it's spiteful gameplay. You are slugging to stop someone having a fair chance.

    I don't think killers are more spiteful than survivors, both can be spiteful.

    However doing gens is not really stopping a killer having a fair chance. Also both killers and survivors run powerful perks. Let's not derail.

    It's not spiteful to get 4k at all if you got it in a fair way. It's like when a survivor is being spiteful by DCing when a killer finds the hatch first and closes it. I'm not picking sides here, let's not turn this into yet another killer gameplay vs survivor gameplay argument.

    No, see, it's not spiteful or unfair. You're only saying it is, which is an attempt to control how one side plays through peer pressure.

    'Only spiteful, mean, bad killers slug! You don't want to be a bad Killer!'

    'Only spiteful Survivors use Head On to stun Killers! You don't want to be a spiteful Survivor!'


    For something to be spiteful, there has to be intent to be mean. Just trying to get that 4K? You suspect Survivor 4 found the hatch, so you slug Survivor 3? THESE ARE NOT SPITEFUL.

    You're giving slugging a negative connotation simply to control how people view it and thus control how Killers play.


    So again; slugging to get a 4K is not spiteful. Or mean. Or unfair. Or any other bullcrap word you want to add to it.

  • @SammehStormborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856986#Comment_856986

    think of it this way. That survivor who’s left outlived the other survivors... the ones who couldn’t evade you or do anything constructive to help in the survival of everyone, the remaining survivor has done their bit, evaded you and tried to do their best... so by hooking the third instead of slugging, you give them the chance to either a) go for the save and continue doing their bit or b) get caught and you earn that right to deny the hatch; regardless - you might find it first anyway.

    I’m a killer main btw, before I get responses that I’m a survivor main ;) just food for thought.

    Purple ranks I can still get merciless letting someone live (if they’re on death hook), & red ranks it’s still at least 1. You’ll always pip & rank as long as you’re efficient.

    To me it's the equivalent of the killer getting zero kills before all gens are done but as they are all running out the gate it shuts close blocking the last guy from leaving and the hatch spawns for an equal chance of kill or escape.

    That would be a stupid scenario to have. If they got all the gens done and would've escaped I had my chance and lost, they earned that escape. That scenario would be giving me a freebie I didn't earn and I wouldn't expect it. That scenario is what the survivors currently have.

    Should I get that scenario as a killer because I "tried my best"? I personally don't think so.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857149#Comment_857149

    No, see, it's not spiteful or unfair. You're only saying it is, which is an attempt to control how one side plays through peer pressure.

    'Only spiteful, mean, bad killers slug! You don't want to be a bad Killer!'

    'Only spiteful Survivors use Head On to stun Killers! You don't want to be a spiteful Survivor!'

    For something to be spiteful, there has to be intent to be mean. Just trying to get that 4K? You suspect Survivor 4 found the hatch, so you slug Survivor 3? THESE ARE NOT SPITEFUL.

    You're giving slugging a negative connotation simply to control how people view it and thus control how Killers play.

    So again; slugging to get a 4K is not spiteful. Or mean. Or unfair. Or any other bullcrap word you want to add to it.

    I'm not trying to control anything Dwight. I even said in my first post here if you want to play like that, so be it. But yes, yes it's spiteful gameplay.

    It's spiteful because you are only doing it for personal gain, you are going to spite someone else to get what you want. That is being spiteful.

    It does not matter if you think number 4 found the hatch, if they did, they did so fairly. In the process of being spiteful to number 4, you left number 3 on the floor helpless. They can't move on to the next match, unless they dc. You are being spiteful to both players. Yet you want to try and justify it.

    No one is saying you can't play the game how you choose, but the fact remains the same it's spiteful gameplay.

  • @Thrrun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857163#Comment_857163

    I'm not trying to control anything Dwight. I even said in my first post here if you want to play like that, so be it. But yes, yes it's spiteful gameplay.

    It's spiteful because you are only doing it for personal gain, you are going to spite someone else to get what you want. That is being spiteful.

    It does not matter if you think number 4 found the hatch, if they did, they did so fairly. In the process of being spiteful to number 4, you left number 3 on the floor helpless. They can't move on to the next match, unless they dc. You are being spiteful to both players. Yet you want to try and justify it.

    No one is saying you can't play the game how you choose, but the fact remains the same it's spiteful gameplay.

    Spite

    noun


    1. a desire to hurt, annoy, or offend someone.

    verb


    1. deliberately hurt, annoy, or offend (someone).


    Look at that; trying to win is not being spiteful. Unless you consider losing hurtful. In which case; why are you playing PvP games?


    Slugging to win is not spiteful. Slugging to deliberately anger someone is. But just doing it to try for the 4K is not. So stop.

    Stop trying to pretend you're some understanding guy 'I know you play badly, and you're allowed too, but you must know that you ARE playing badly!'


    It's a freaking joke meant to shame Killers and make you look oh so understanding.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856578#Comment_856578

    Jokes aside, you are absolutely right:

    I'm the killer and I'm slugging because I want to search for the hatch / the last survivor. The last survivor is hiding instead of going to heal the slugged - well, you can say Killer, just take the 3K!, but why not Survivor, just take the loss and show yourself! - especially if there are still a few generators to go?

    Because one survivor can still survive? Yeah, and the killer can still 4K.

    It's not the killers fault if your team mates are cowards :P.

    This to be honest; it’s a stand off between 2 players who don’t want to back down, unfortunately at the detriment of the downed player.

    At least with the bleed out timer it’s just a stale mate and not a hostage situation.

    As survivor I mostly rank up even if I die so I won’t drag the game out and try to get another chase instead; it’s more fun and escaping through the hatch means very little in the grand scheme of things.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857162#Comment_857162

    To me it's the equivalent of the killer getting zero kills before all gens are done but as they are all running out the gate it shuts close blocking the last guy from leaving and the hatch spawns for an equal chance of kill or escape.

    That would be a stupid scenario to have. If they got all the gens done and would've escaped I had my chance and lost, they earned that escape. That scenario would be giving me a freebie I didn't earn and I wouldn't expect it. That scenario is what the survivors currently have.

    Should I get that scenario as a killer because I "tried my best"? I personally don't think so.

    I know you aren’t completely, but it’s basically a killer running NOED in that scenario and then blood warden - he “hadn’t earned it”, but then slugs everyone with it because no one can escape and gets the kills because he used a one shot perk at the end. Which I have seen happen in YT videos, and might’ve happened when I’ve played survivor, but not so successfully for the killer - it works both ways, right?

    there’s always going to be arguments for both sides, sometimes slugging and not letting someone get the hatch is valid, for different reasons, but not alway necessary or doesn’t mean the remaining survivor hasn’t earned it. Sometimes a killer using NOED doesn’t mean they haven’t worked hard through the entire match (I’m not a fan of it personally, but if a killer wants to use it... they can knock themselves out)... etc, etc.

  • Slugging for the 4k is the biggest waste of time left in DBD. The difference between a 3k and a 4k usually won't be a deal-breaker on pipping or not, and the points for 1 extra hook is marginal.

    Usually it just ends up wasting 4 minutes and then progressing to a normal hatch game, or the slugged survivor griefs their teammate by giving away their location.

    Survivors should be able to bleed themselves out on the ground, similar to killing themselves on hook, to prevent this.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857185#Comment_857185

    Spite

    noun

    1. a desire to hurt, annoy, or offend someone.

    verb

    1. deliberately hurt, annoy, or offend (someone).

    Look at that; trying to win is not being spiteful. Unless you consider losing hurtful. In which case; why are you playing PvP games?

    Slugging to win is not spiteful. Slugging to deliberately anger someone is. But just doing it to try for the 4K is not. So stop.

    Stop trying to pretend you're some understanding guy 'I know you play badly, and you're allowed too, but you must know that you ARE playing badly!'

    It's a freaking joke meant to shame Killers and make you look oh so understanding.

    Umm, I think you need to go back to Google and put in spiteful not just spite.

    Slugging someone to stop someone else getting a fair chance is spiteful. It's not just trying to win. You are denying someone a fair chance for your own personal gain. You are also stopping another from moving on to another match, the guy on the floor.

    The fact remains the same, it's spiteful gameplay.

1 2 3 4