When People Complain About Being Slugged For A 4K

Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3, you selfish player, you!

Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • if the survivors are not toxic and weren't potatoes i will let the last one go but I will close the hatch first ( points ) then let them open the gate. However that is my generosity for a well played game otherwise I slug 3rd and kill all

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/858077#Comment_858077

    "That doesn't seem like survivor entitlement in my view. Because as killer, you're giving the survivor a sporting chance"

    First of all...no you won't "probably still kill them." A lot of the time, survivors are camping the hatch and know where it spawned before the killer does. It really is a 50/50 chance. Slugging puts the odds more in the killer's favor.

    Second of all, that's absolutely entitlement. Believing they should get a sporting chance. I'm a red rank survivor, and Rank 1 killer. I understand both sides very well. The only time I believe in sporting chances as both a killer and survivor, is to not immediately tunnel after the first guy you hooked, so at least they get to play the match out. It's not even efficient anyway.

    I generally don't slug for the 4K by the way. I just don't agree with the complaints towards people that do. It's a tactic, it's effective, and it has legitimate reasoning behind it, and if the killer wants his 4K, and has the patience for it, that's his decision to make. The fact that a survivor "doesn't like it" is so absolutely inconsequential. If I have the patience to play the end game that way, and you don't...that's literally not my problem whatsoever LOL

    If a killer wants to be merciful, that's also his decision. He is not obligated whatsoever to play how the survivors want him to, and that just brings us back to the age old debate of DBD.

    Now that is one change I would like to see in regard to the hatch. Only one survivor can use the hatch and it only spawns once 3 out of 4 survivors have been fully sacrificed. Then it truly is a race to see who gets the hatch first. Of course, the survivor can still get lucky with exit gate RNG.

    Back to the topic, yes hatch camping is a thing. Otherwise, the killer has a better chance of finding the hatch.

    And since you think player fun is so inconsequential, I guess there's no reason to complain about the things survivors do. Everyone should just play as sweaty as they can.

  • i am playing on both sides and when im playing survivor and killer slugs i know he just wants the 4k and its not wrong about it. It can take some time but why killers are supposted to give the chance to get the hatch while you can just give them the 4k? in situation like this YOU are the one losing so why are YOU supposted to get the win. So if you want to blame someone for making the game last long you can blame both sides... Survivor wants to survive and killer wants to kill. Its same like "oh well we genrushed so lets go and let him hook us". Killers are no damn babysitters to let survivors have fun and survivors arent little puppies to make killers life better. Both sides are meant to fight each other, thats the point of the game. If slugging is the best option to get the 4k why cant they do it? survivors can genrush and they hella doing it so why killers cant slug?

  • Slugging is part of the game play, just like being hooked is part of the game play...

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856477#Comment_856477

    How is that any different whatsoever than sitting on a hook doing nothing?

    At least on the ground it isn't counting as one of your hooks and you get to live longer. Not to mention you at least get to try and crawl.

    Because on the hook, you at least have a chance of getting off yourself. Being slugged, you're required to run a perk to get up. Being slugged doesnt allow you anything in the game, while being hooked gives you a teeny tiny chance. Having a 4% chance of getting off is better than having 0% chance of getting up.

    That is why slugging all 4 people without a timed instadown like Haunted Grounds or Bloodrushed Oni is considered toxic behaviour. I'm fine with the killer slugging 1 or 2 people any time any day. But slugging 3 people and then searching for the 4th who is all the way across the map? Thats just being an #########.

    What I guess im trying to say is that a lot of killers simply lack sportsmanlike behaviour. I dont mind getting 1-2k while I get a pip, so I literally dont see any reason why anyone would slug 3 people actively without hooking any of them first. Yet whenever someone uses No Mither, those same killers instantly return, because ######### that one person who used a perk that allows him to pick himself up at a heavy cost. If you slug 4 people regularly, but instantly pick up no mither users, you're simply an #########, lack sportsmanship and are playing waaaay too competitively on a relatively casual game. It's why I wish this game had an actual ranked version of the game, rather than just putting everyone on one dogpile.

  • Its dull when the killer is searching for a Blendette in the corn. They never find them so you’re there for the full 4 minutes.

    Its dull when someone else is slugged because you’ll pick them up and the killer will knock them down another 3 times.

    At some point people just need to let it go. It made sense with the old hatch but the new hatch is so killer sided that it just screams desperate to be that scared of the last survivor escape you need to slug.

    The worst is when 2 people dc or hook suicide and the killer still does it. Everyone has had a bad game but you really are an entitled ######### if you’re gonna make everyone else wait at that point just to stroke your ego.

  • @MightyDwight said:

    Heaven forbid a Killer tries for a 4K, amirite? I mean dude, you already got the 3, so just let the last guy go! How selfish to actually try to get all 4! Just stop trying after 3, you selfish player, you!

    Better yet, stop after 2! I mean, you got the 2K! Going for 3 is just RUDE and Killers are only meant to get 2, so stop trying at 2!

    Or at 1! I mean, once you've hooked 1 person, the match is basically over! That 1 person is not having fun, and it'd be sweaty to try for 2! How rude can Killers be, trying to ruin the fun for TWO whole players!? Just be happy you hooked one person and go stand in a corner!

    Or maybe 0! I mean, the first person hooked is being removed from the game unfairly! They did not get to earn allot of BP, so how can you Killers hook that first person!? How can you keep them from playing the game and still sleep at night!? Just stop hooking people alltogether! Be a cool guy and don't hook anyone!

    I mean, everyone deserves a chance. I don’t think you understand that. You forget this is a game and you’re not the only player in it.

  • How is it fun for slugging how is it fun killer just slays everyone and denies that second method of escaping? Survival games have always had multiple ways of escaping so it’s already a nuisance to have to have a key for it. Ebony Mori’s need to go, slugging needs to be hard countered. Unbreakable is great, but it just happens over and over throughout the match and unbreakable is only one time use. Idk.. it’s just not fun for survivors especially solo. Swf teams people complain about but how is it fun for survivors? Keep buffing killers and I won’t be playing anymore. I don’t want to die every game because my team gets mowed down due to no communication. And I play With all red rank survivors. High rank play i see certain killers that just aren’t fun to play against. Infantry belt needs to go, Ebony Mori’s need to be changed (at least)

  • When people complain about people that complain about being slugged for a 4k.....

    Slug for a 4k if you want. It's part of the game and a legit strategy.

    But whining about the whiners.....

    I'm amazed how many people are oblivious to the irony in the things they post.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    They complain because it's boring to be in the ground doing nothing.

    Not because the killer can't try to get a 4k

    Sounds like a flaw with the system to me. Slugging is boring, but Hatch is a pure luck mechanic so idk which is the bigger evil.

  • @Bleediss said:

    Being slugged for a 4k is boring because who wants to be on the ground for 2 minutes while your teammate plays like an immersed P3 Claudette.

    I've DCd before when this happens because I want to get into another match and I'm sure everyone else does too, so might as well speed it up.

    Also, I really can't stand killers who slug me next to hatch. Just kill me on hook, close hatch, and patrol the exit gates, it's not hard.

    DC penalty was made specifically for people like you.

1 2 3 4 ›