I wish killer wasn't so stressful

I know this is fairly subjective but playing killer honestly feels so damn stressful, and y'know what I'll admit it, when I'm playing clown or something I run Noed. It makes me less stressed, sometimes it doesn't activate but other times they genrush me and I get to punish them for it, as deserved. Do totems.

The time crunch on killers is way worse than survivors time crunch unless it's like Spirit. Even a guy on hook has around 30-45 secs before you need to do anything, camped or not.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It's always stressful and unfun in most cases, but killer has more variety and skill expression than survivor, but getting there is a nightmare.

  • Killers generally need more skill to win, I'd say. And that is unbiased as a 50/50 player.

  • I usually get nervous because of the type of survivors I face. And if they are usually toxic I will camp them (not face camp) usually I stress out in the loading screen so when rank reset hits in a week I’ll probably get on killer

  • @8obot1c said:

    I usually get nervous because of the type of survivors I face. And if they are usually toxic I will camp them (not face camp) usually I stress out in the loading screen so when rank reset hits in a week I’ll probably get on killer

    Very few survivors can get me to do this, but sometimes I'll hook them and just stand there til they die revving a chainsaw or something.

  • I know the feel.

    And this solution isn't for anyone, but: I just stopped caring.

    Killing as many as possible is still a goal, but it's not a requirement for me anymore.

    It helped me recover from my burnout.

  • You gotta tell yourself its just a game. I was the same way. I used to get so nervous.

    It was even worse in F13 because you couldn't tell you would be the killer.

  • It's mostly due to the fact that survivors have an inherit advantage in this game.

    So your match mostly boils down to which survivors you get (skilled or not skilled).

  • In the current state of the game I think it is healthy to bring a mori whenever you can. Ruin gone in 30 seconds? Mori. Abusing ridiculous loops? Mori. Got hit by a ds even when you didn't tunnel anyone? Mori. Survivors bodyblocking you so you can't make it to a hook? Drop the survivor and use the mori.

    I would also tell you to mori people who use instaheals in your face, but that's already been nerfed.

  • most of my killer games are 4 kills.. I think playing killer requires strategy too.. you gotta know when to rotate when to drop a chase when to proxy a bit and etc.

  • Ultimately, it's a problem with gen speed. But the best we are ever gonna get is ruin, which they often spawn on. That's just how it is. If you want to like killer, you have to accept that reality.

  • @themirrortwin said:

    Ultimately, it's a problem with gen speed. But the best we are ever gonna get is ruin, which they often spawn on. That's just how it is. If you want to like killer, you have to accept that reality.

    I wish they would help gens somehow.

  • Survivors don't have an inherent advantage. Killers don't require more skill. Both sides require a lot of skill to win consistently.

  • You can solo escape as a survivor and feel like you won, but only getting one kill as a killer feels like dirt.


    Killer is always gonna feel more stressful, that’s why I started playing survivor more. Killer was burning me out and making me resent the game, survivor is a lot more relaxing, so long as you’re not getting tunneled or have bad team mates etc.


    Gotta find your own way of getting around it 🤷‍♂️

  • Remember as survivor you can still escape with 5 generators left.

    Takes off a lot of pressure when you dont need to do your current objective to reach the goal.

  • Killer stopped being stressful for me once I stopped caring about kills. Only thing that bothers me is when good survivors run "matt walker" windows until entity blocker.

  • @Laakeri said:

    Killer stopped being stressful for me once I stopped caring about kills. Only thing that bothers me is when good survivors run "matt walker" windows until entity blocker.

    That window on pre school outside the main door and the one on Ironworks especially.

    Honorable mentions go to Torment Creek blimp, Rancid Abbitor indoor metal bar area window and the storehouse window.

    Nerf these please ty devs.

  • killer will always be stressful to me which is why I only play the side for bloodpoints because survivor point gain is pathetic

  • @harry14141414 said:

    most of my killer games are 4 kills.. I think playing killer requires strategy too.. you gotta know when to rotate when to drop a chase when to proxy a bit and etc.

    Are you a red rank killer? I got the impression you main the survivor role.

  • With killer, the only way to elimimate stress is to keep a calm mind and play smart. Whether you down the survivor or have to leave them behind, you have to know when to make choices and when things have gone on too long.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814254#Comment_814254

    That window on pre school outside the main door and the one on Ironworks especially.

    Honorable mentions go to Torment Creek blimp, Rancid Abbitor indoor metal bar area window and the storehouse window.

    Nerf these please ty devs.

    That window in front of pre school really angers me. This window only became a problem after the map rework, because that one door on the short side of the school got opened.

    We did not have that door before, and the window wasn't a problem. If you do a map rework, why would you add such a loop?

    I wonder what the devs will come up with for the Haddonfield rework.

  • That's why I stopped playing killer for a while.

    The archives and the will to complete the steam archivements kinda brought me back to playing killer sometimes. And while completing the challenges, I realized that for me, setting my own goals is the only way to enjoy playing this role.

    I tried to stop caring about kills and only concentrate in completing one challenge. This helps a lot, but it is still stressful for me. When playing killer I can literally feel my heart beating while as survivor I'm completely relaxed. That's maybe because as survivor one small mistake will get you on the hook. But as killer one small mistake can cost you the while game. That's a whole other level imo.

    But I'm kinda afraid about the rank 1 archivement in steam. It was easy as survivor but the killer one...? This will probably be the only one I'll never get, sadly.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814258#Comment_814258

    That window in front of pre school really angers me. This window only became a problem after the map rework, because that one door on the short side of the school got opened.

    We did not have that door before, and the window wasn't a problem. If you do a map rework, why would you add such a loop?

    I wonder what the devs will come up with for the Haddonfield rework.

    A third Myers house.

  • Maybe playing Killer isn't for you or the people posting in this thread then?

    I find Survivor more stressful and antifun. As Killer, I never have to worry about having 3 sacks of potatoes as my allies, I don't have to worry about my misplay screwing over allies, and I never ever have to be worried about being reduced to a hook warmer by a hard camper or tunneler.

    Killers get to be constantly on the move and can control what type of match the match will be. I can try hard and kill a weak link off quickly or leave them slugged to show some empathy. Usually I feel I can control how the match will go down. Where as Solo Survivor, I'm more at the mercy of my allies and the killer. If he/she decides to camp/tunnel for quick kills and even just one of my allies feeds this by going f or the save and speeding up the sacrifice... the game is likely a hatch game. And if the Killer has the advantage there as well, so they will very likely slug the last two players till they find the hatch to deny any chance of escape.

    I mean how much easier do you want the game to be in 97% of the matches? The Survivors spawn in the basement with exposed status effect and Ebony mori is default? The game has only gotten easier for Killers over the last year or two.

  • I find solo survivor more stressful most of the time. Playing with idiots who waste time self caring when I'm running ######### we'll make it, is the most annoying ######### ever.

  • I like the stress of killer. When the match is in full swing and you have to juggle survivors/gens, predict the survivor your currently chasing to end their looping quickly all while a gen is completed across the map. I live off that, especially when i finally get complete control of the match.

    Though i dont mind the chill hunts, when a survivor DCs while there is still 4-5 gens left and the others are troopers that think they acually stand a chance.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    Maybe playing Killer isn't for you or the people posting in this thread then?

    I find Survivor more stressful and antifun. As Killer, I never have to worry about having 3 sacks of potatoes as my allies, I don't have to worry about my misplay screwing over allies, and I never ever have to be worried about being reduced to a hook warmer by a hard camper or tunneler.

    Killers get to be constantly on the move and can control what type of match the match will be. I can try hard and kill a weak link off quickly or leave them slugged to show some empathy. Usually I feel I can control how the match will go down. Where as Solo Survivor, I'm more at the mercy of my allies and the killer. If he/she decides to camp/tunnel for quick kills and even just one of my allies feeds this by going f or the save and speeding up the sacrifice... the game is likely a hatch game. And if the Killer has the advantage there as well, so they will very likely slug the last two players till they find the hatch to deny any chance of escape.

    I mean how much easier do you want the game to be in 97% of the matches? The Survivors spawn in the basement with exposed status effect and Ebony mori is default? The game has only gotten easier for Killers over the last year or two.

    To top off what you said killer can not be killed. Killer can also moonwalk to relieve loads of stress.

  • @Mochan said:

    Survivors don't have an inherent advantage. Killers don't require more skill. Both sides require a lot of skill to win consistently.

    You are 100% wrong on this. Morphs depip squad proved that if the survivors are played optimally then there is nothing a Killer can do to win.

    The Killer depends on Survivor mistakes to win, if the survivors play perfectly and the killer plays perfectly. The the survivor wins, every time.

    You just keep telling yourself its balanced.

  • @Outland said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814028#Comment_814028

    You are 100% wrong on this. Morphs depip squad proved that if the survivors are played optimally then there is nothing a Killer can do to win.

    The Killer depends on Survivor mistakes to win, if the survivors play perfectly and the killer plays perfectly. The the survivor wins, every time.

    You just keep telling yourself its balanced.

    Please stop fleeing to a outdated experiment (Survivors have been drastically nerfed, Killers buffed compared to then) that doesn't even match up to about 98% of the matches anyone will ever play.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/815883#Comment_815883

    Please stop fleeing to a outdated experiment (Survivors have been drastically nerfed, Killers buffed compared to then) that doesn't even match up to about 98% of the matches anyone will ever play.

    Nothing has changed, Killer still requires Survivor mistakes to capitalize on to win. If the survivors play perfectly the Killer cannot battle all 4 efficiently enough to win with any regularity.

    Try playing clown for instance. You can play real well in chases and still lose to gens popping all over.

    You know its true.

    Stop putting your head in the sand.

  • @Outland said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/815885#Comment_815885

    Nothing has changed, Killer still requires Survivor mistakes to capitalize on to win. If the survivors play perfectly the Killer cannot battle all 4 efficiently enough to win with any regularity.

    Try playing clown for instance. You can play real well in chases and still lose to gens popping all over.

    You know its true.

    Stop putting your head in the sand.

    Nothing has changed. What?!?!

    Hag rework/buff. Trapper rework/buffs. Wraith rework/buffs. Nurse nerfs. Totems better hidden. DL changed. New Killer perks. New Killers like Spirit and Ghost Face. Legion reworked/nerfs. Freddy rework/buffs. Gen and Door time increased. EGT. Closing hatch.

    BT nerf, Instant heals nerfed, BNP nerfed, DS nerfed, MoM, MoM nerfed, buff to stealth killers, new perks, loops nerfed, pallet vacuum nerfed, window reworks, Sabotage gutted, medkits changed, Exhaustion nerfs, gen stacking nerfed, WGLF nerfed,

    And yes, please bring up one of the worst Killers as if he validates another Killer or a add on or a offering being OP. I guess all Survivor stuff is fine cause No Mither is trash.


  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/815894#Comment_815894

    Nothing has changed. What?!?!

    Hag rework/buff. Trapper rework/buffs. Wraith rework/buffs. Nurse nerfs. Totems better hidden. DL changed. New Killer perks. New Killers like Spirit and Ghost Face. Legion reworked/nerfs. Freddy rework/buffs. Gen and Door time increased. EGT. Closing hatch.

    BT nerf, Instant heals nerfed, BNP nerfed, DS nerfed, MoM, MoM nerfed, buff to stealth killers, new perks, loops nerfed, pallet vacuum nerfed, window reworks, Sabotage gutted, medkits changed, Exhaustion nerfs, gen stacking nerfed, WGLF nerfed,

    And yes, please bring up one of the worst Killers as if he validates another Killer or a add on or a offering being OP. I guess all Survivor stuff is fine cause No Mither is trash.

    Your survivor main is showing. You just sound like a butt hurt survivor.

    You whine and complain about a few Ultra Rare addons, like those are the norm you see them EVERY game. But I bring up short comings for a lot of the the Killer roster.

    You know why you see a ton of survivor nerfs? Because they were needed. Even after all the nerfs, survivors are still in the power role. You want to be able to 1v1 every Killer even though there are 4 survivors to the 1 killer. So if you all can 1v1 the killer, then when is the killer supposed to actually do any killing?

    The truth and the fact of it is Optimal Survivor play current trumps Optimal Killer play.

    Without mistakes, Killers struggle with time management. And with a large majority of the killer roster optimal survivor play means a loss.

    Survivors can play the game, get sacrificed and still pip up, where as Killers can get a 4k and still not pip.

    You need to spend a good chunk of time playing Killer and then have a good look at your current beliefs.