Killers, do you think the pickup time is too fast?
Now I know this sounds really stupid to ask because it's a buff, but am I the only one who thinks it's too fast? I mean I wouldn't mind a slight decrease in time, but 3 seconds is a lot.
Now I know this sounds really stupid to ask because it's a buff, but am I the only one who thinks it's too fast? I mean I wouldn't mind a slight decrease in time, but 3 seconds is a lot.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I thought it was fair, you couldn't stun the killer or blind them during the most useless part of the animation (you could set up) but now I feel like the part where you put them on your shoulder is the same amount of time so I don't feel like it changed anything in the stun window.
I really like this patch and the killer buffs though
Their aim is to make the game even more casual because a lot of killers don't know how to counter the flashlight so it's frustrating. So yeah, I understand why they did it. I haven't had a chance to play yet but I've been watching some streams and it looks fast.
I like the killer buffs too but I am against the exhaustion nerf. I only think Sprint Burst should be affected by it. The other speed perks were fine the way they were.
YES ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A FLASHLIGHT SAVE NOW
Proof
https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledWrongMartenHassaanChop
BUFFFLASHLIGHTS
RIP Bullying Tru and Killers
I wasn't talking about flashlight saves, I was just talking about the pickup speed in general.
As a killer main, I don't really get why they changed it. Like sure it feels nice to pick up that fast, but why? There was already enough counterplay to flashlight saves imo.
Seems fine to me but the animation looks a bit silly now.
Now, they are difficult.
It's perfect, can be even faster
Honey, devs said that they wanna make killer animations faster
The animation looks really stupid and unnatural now. That's my big issue with it to be honest lol.
What I see is him making bad plays constantly and the pickup time is pretty much fine might need to be 1 second slower. But other than that it's fine.
As far as making flashlight saves those being done are probably really experienced players who tested it out on ptb. Most of the playerbase will take awhile to adjust to it and will still have a hard time.
It isn't unnatural. The only reason why we think in this way is because we get used to the old animation speed.
Flashlight saves are too easy for what they do tbh. It is still easy to save people with flashlights but a little bit harder.
Eh...like @JammyJewels said, all animations that are Sonic fast look kind of stupid, to me anyway. I know I'm just being nitpicky here, but it would be nice if the animation just looked more...normal. I'll just have to get used to it.
As a killer that had difficulty with flashlights when I first started, this is what I thought. That thought ended after I got better. Flashlights aren't free second chances because if I screwed up not scouting around when I KNEW they had a flashlight, and I pick them up in the open, then I should get punished. Learning from your mistakes make you a better player.
And after playing a few games, yes, it's fast, but I think it's just a matter of survivors learning the timing. Currently though, it's fun just picking up survivors in front of their faces, even with flashlights.
I don't think it's too quick.
The new speed def caught me off guard tonight though, when I really stopped to play a few rounds.
Feels like it'll def help vs Flashlight saves once I bother with fully ranking up again.
That's because they increased the speed of the animation instead of making a new one. Like watching something in fast forward.
Sadly there's a flashlight exploit already out for it, did 1 match had no issues early then same person tried getting me. They started clicking on and off super fast. It was faster than a mouse can click do and it seemed to be auto aim. It didn't matter if I turned to the side or not I got blinded.
Well now that you mention it, I did have a Nea trying to be a Toxic Ochido wannabe...she managed two saves..before I tunneled her down then camped.
The rest of us had a merry game after!
None of the Survivors complained about it...they knew why I camped her lol.
I think its a good change. It took so long to pick people up, carry them to a hook and hang them, that people rather slugged them instead to not bother with it.
Feels just right to me, always hated the old pick up speed how slow and clunky it felt.
Really glad they made this welcome change looking forward to the hatch and DS changes now, hope they don't take too long.
As a killer, the pickup animation is way to fast. It eliminated a gameplay mechanic in flashlight saves that made things more interesting. All you have to do as killer, is face the other way from a person with a flash light now and it's impossible for him/her to get in position to make a save.
It needs to be reverted. Taking mechanics away from the game is not good.
Intentionally or not, they removed flash saves from the game, unless of course you are an absolutely brand new killer.
Indeed, it's one of the best quality of life changes killer has had in a long time.
Let's hope they don't give in to the pressure from the minority that's vocal on the forum (people tend to only complain on the forum, happy satisfied peple just continue to play the game) and stand by their decision to implement this step in the right direction.
Hopefully there's more good QoL changes to come soon such as the hatch change.
I thought it'd be, but I barely noticed the difference, and the flashlight blinds I got told me it's still not fast enough.
I think 3.5 seconds would be a nice middle ground
I just think it looks weird. I feel like they should change the animation to match the speed of the pick up.
Haven't had an issue except for one game they seemed to be using a script.
Do you just get blinded or are you dropping the survivors? There's a difference. So what if you're getting blinded? If you are having people save with the new pick up speed, you are just not good, or you don't care if they make saves and you pick up facing them 4ft away.
So many assumptions. I'll leave you to your thoughts.
Flashlight saves are still very much possible, people just need to relearn the timing.
They are PREsumptions. Again, big difference.
Answer the question, because flashlight saves are impossible unless the killer is brain dead.
No they are not. Not unless the killer has just started playing the game or is brain dead.
I think I'd rather just leave you to your pedantism and presumptions. If you wanted to know, you'd ask without presuming anything. You're just looking for excuses to dismiss reports that disagree with your worldview. Now I wait for you to tell me I'm the one who's projecting.
I asked first you fvcking cretin!!
It's right up there :'D I asked you the question first!!
I asked, then gave presumptions based on what the situation involves. PREsumptions..with probability.
Jesus, get a grip. You are clearly brain dead then given your responses. If you have had someone save a survivor off your shoulder, with the new animation speed, then you are indeed stupid. Your replies only compound this.
LOL
Thank you for proving my point. Anyone who discusses anything with you is wasting their time.
ANOTHER stupid Simba that has to be held up to the world :'D
*circle of life music continues
Dude, seriously, you need help :')
I can't understand this logic at all. Killer side is already difficult. If you are not a nurse or huntress, the amount of time that you will get looped depends on the survivors not you because there is simply nothing you can do in chases. If you can down a survivor quickly you have already done your job. Flashlight saves are too powerful and too easy for what they do. Why should survivors have unlimited amount of second chances? Why does the killer side have to have all the difficulty on themselves?
When you down a survivor and try to deal with a flashlight guy, he can crawl to the nearest pallet and bum, now they don't even need a flashlight. Downed survivor can see all of the players and if he knows that there is another guy, he can simply start to heal. As if killers don't have enough stress on them because of generators, another meaningless situations that can potentially waste killers' time.
In a game where minutes count. Lets do a bit of math.
If a Killer plays the way Survivor wants and Hooks everyone 3 times.
Thats 4 survivors x 3 hooks = 12 Pick ups.
Before Changes
4.3 second per pick up = 51.6 seconds
lets pick an average game time of 7 mins.
7 * 60 = 420 seconds
51.6/420*100 = 12.29%
With changes
3 seconds per pick up = 36 seconds
36/420*100 = 8.57%
So before the changes Killers wasted 12% of their game time just picking people up off the ground. Now they waste less then 9% of their time.
3% doesn't seem like much but, but it helps.
On shorter games those percentages raise considerably.
I play Myers. Don't tell me about how difficult it is to deal with looping and flashlights when I know I can counter it. All the time? ######### no, but most. Enough to know that flashlights are not an issue for me.
Looping? Yeah, it happens. Nothing I can do in chases? You've gotta be kidding, but what does that have to do with flashlights other than it's something you get better at as you play more. And at the same time, some people can't get better. Nothing wrong with that. That's your skill level. I like a challenge and this game gives me just the right amount, even with all the handicaps against me.. but flashlights ain't one of them.
To me, there are more layers to a killer game than just downing a survivor and leaving it at that. From guessing their perks to predicting actions of their mates to everything in between, sometimes your best bet isn't even to pick up the survivor. Like with what you said about the pallet. Why the ######### would I pick him up there? I'll slug him and go patrol a little.
the new animation looks kind of weird on how fast the pickup is. if it was to get nerfed i think i would be ok with 3.5 seconds.