Don't Nerf Spirit - Let's raise our VOICE!

This time, my dear killer mains, we should raise our voice as well.

#DONTNERFSPIRIT

This killer has a steep learning curve and it may be high risk, high rewarding.

What could be nerfed is just the infamous prayer beads addon :make it the rarest or remove it, but Spirit herself is fine as she is.

There is already a lot of options to outplay her, it's not our issue if somebody wants to run the same build over and over again, learn how to counter her.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Nerf the whole game🤗

  • Spirit isn't hard to learn. But the point is, why people care so much about skills in DBD? Why this is always coming from main survivors who need thousand of second chance perks, keys and broken maps to win? At the end of the day If you think holding M1 to repair a generator or clicking M1 to injure survivors takes skills........... Oh well, I can say that Huntress is the only thing who requires skills in this game. So y'all should stop with this bs and just say "I hate Spirit" instead of creating excuses to attack people who play with her

  • tfw you have always played both sides and these threads make you feel like smashing your face through a wall with such boneheaded, terrible opinions


    nonbiasgang rise up

  • I didn’t realize using headphones was a steep learning curve.

  • Prayer beads are fine they add a bit of fright to the game

  • But if she gets nerfed I reckon a lot of people on the killer side are gonna walk

  • @dastaeryk said:

    This time, my dear killer mains, we should raise our voice as well.

    #DONTNERFSPIRIT

    This killer has a steep learning curve and it may be high risk, high rewarding.

    What could be nerfed is just the infamous prayer beads addon :make it the rarest or remove it, but Spirit herself is fine as she is.

    There is already a lot of options to outplay her, it's not our issue if somebody wants to run the same build over and over again, learn how to counter her.

    Yea because spirit is a super hard killer to be.....if you stand still and they run you get a hit. If you stand still and the run towards you you get a hit. If you stand still at a pallet and they stand still you phase and get them, and if you stand still and they run you hit them....

  • @shards said:

    spirit is not hard to learn. you just need headphones.

    I use to say this until I played her

  • I literally got adept spirit the first game I played as her... at rank 3.

  • I think she is fine, she was hard to counter but it was still possible. She is by far my favorite killer to play against. (P.S I don’t play as Spirit)

  • High risk, high reward? I'd love to hear what the risk of playing Spirit is.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Whatever we say is pointless. They always win.Remember, we are outnumbered (4v1)

    Edit: The answers below show that most if the complaints are from people who have never played spirit or they've only played her at yellow ranks, so don't get your hopes up.

    "survivors OP"

    "Edit: By the way dont read to the opinions below me because they dont agree with my point of view, they are all new players"

  • What the hell makes you think our voices matter in this? They nerfed Nurse, who has a higher learning curve than Spirit, and who they admitted does terrible in the lower ranks but does well in red ranks. They didn't just nerf Nurse, either, but made QoL worse with her so that she's not fun to play as.

    I love playing as Spirit. She's the only killer I consistently enjoy. It's quite likely I'll stop playing DbD after whatever they do to her, because they're not good at the "soft touch"; she'll without a doubt be ruined. Despite having spent more money on this game than I ever should have, I'm not naive enough to think that makes a difference and that they'll care about my opinion. It's almost certainly a lost cause.

  • So they make nurse dog shtt, next they move to spirit ofcourse. So the real question is how are survivors getting nerfed? We know its not map design, well have a new president in office before that happens.

  • I think you may be missing the point that, like with Nurse, it is extremely likely that survivors are given a big nerf to something at the same time Spirit would get any nerfs.

  • ok i 4kd in my first game as her, and it felt easy. nowadays when i play her i dont use ruin because it is simply not needed. spirit is the killer i pick when i want to make sure i will win. i have played dbd almost 3k hours ( both killer and survivor ). so dont say i dont know what im on about

    let's see. spirit is fast when phasing so she has excellent map control and chase potential. in chase she can guess where you go and she can hear you. she can look at the grass and listen to the footsteps. she has add ons like the wakizashi saya (purple sword) that give her essentially a windstorm like effect when she exists the phase so it's ok if you wouldn't have quite made it the survivor you were chasing.

    "just use iron will" - well she can still see the grass and hear footsteps. many spirits like to bring stridor anyway, so iron will becomes worthless.

    she can "mindgame" by standing still- the visual effect of her glass shards is not that noticeable tbh , even if spirit defense squad likes to bring this up.

    i would be 100% ok with some nerfs

  • @dfrenchiee said:

    I don't think spirit has a steep learning curve; definitely not compared to killers like Billy, nurse and huntress

    This is true, using her power isn't hard at all unless the survivors have iron will and backtrack their scratchmarks but this is very inconsistent because the spirit has collusion, so as soon as they collide they will get out of phase and hit you. As opposed to someone like Billy you have to know how to curve your chainsaw hide your light at corners, moonwalk, bait pallet drops with chainsaw revs etc, But spirit completely avoids all this with her phase walk.

  • What Spirit needs...

    1. To move grass and corn.
    2. Have louder footsteps
    3. Rework Prayer Beads
    4. Have a vaulting animation (preferably a unique one, like she’s phasing through the wall)

    She doesn’t need a complete overhaul or rework. After seeing what they’ve done with Legion and Nurse (who honestly isn’t as bad a people say) I don’t have high hopes if they do end up “looking into the Spirit”.

  • @dfrenchiee said:

    I don't think spirit has a steep learning curve; definitely not compared to killers like Billy, nurse and huntress

    sincerely? you could argue that she requires about the same skill as a leatherface or wraith

    to be a good spirit you need:

    a) a headset and a semi-functional hearing sense

    b) the same level of predicting/ following scratch marks as a m1 killer of the same rank, because you just need to go near enough of the survivor that you can m1 then before going to pallets

    or you can collide with them, that works too

  • @douggie123 said:

    But if she gets nerfed I reckon a lot of people on the killer side are gonna walk

    Game was fine before September 2018 (in terms of online) . Not a single spirit main will be missed .

  • @douggie123 said:

    Prayer beads are fine they add a bit of fright to the game

    This just shows how biased you are

  • Wow, yet another you vs me shitfest thread.

    Shouldnt expect anything more from the forums.

  • Im hoping for the spirit nerf i hope they remove prayer beads and power recovery add-ons and tweak her base kit like they did nurse or just give her the legion treatment

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    I'm okay with just a prayer beads rework

    We were also just okay with an addon balancing for Nurse and look how that turned out.

  • #NerfSpirit

    Killer main btw. I don't feel like I outplayed anyone with Spirit, they were just unlucky. The chances are weighed so far in my favor its not even a joke.

1 2 ›