Is Spirit getting nerfed at all?

Okay, im just curious here, who all other than survivor mains thinks Spirit is OP?

I personally think prayer beads are the only OP thing for her tbh since there are quite a few ways to avoid her etc. Even then all prayer beads does is gets rid of the phasing sound which you wont hear if you as within heartbeat range anyway so

I was playing a game as Spirit not long ago few hours maybe, 3 people disconnected within just as many minutes. Then i began getting psn messages claiming im being reported im a bad player, someone called me the N word saying because i was one i was stupid it was actually insane and i have never gotten so much toxicity before.

They said i had better get good because Spirit is getting nerfed and then i will be rank 20 forever because im bad. So im curious if anyones actually said Spirit is getting changed at all in the first place for them to think that?

All this because i played Spirit, not even with good add ons or anything.

Comments

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783770#Comment_783770

    God forbid that a suriviors can't do gens so that a killer can win games.

    People can juke a Nurse, does that mean she isnt op?

    Work around the killers power? Explain how so that I can just simply cancel out every single thing you do because killers aren't brain dead.

    try being unpredictable instead of following regular looping paths, doubling back on your own scratch marks, listening for the spirits footsteps, running iron will or dance with me or even lithe if you struggle that much against her

    there's plenty of ways to counter spirit, most people just aren't willing to change their own gameplay

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783779#Comment_783779

    try being unpredictable instead of following regular looping paths, doubling back on your own scratch marks, listening for the spirits footsteps, running iron will or dance with me or even lithe if you struggle that much against her

    there's plenty of ways to counter spirit, most people just aren't willing to change their own gameplay

    First off, a player would have to know if they are coming against a spirit.

    Secondly, a Spirit can hear a surivior very easily than a surivior hearing foot steps (she isn't like the Demogorgon or Wraith).

    I don't struggle (depending on how good the spirit is), but if it's a good spirits.They use her almost to the level of a good nurse which makes all the counter play you can think of useless because they are experience with it.

    I understand where u are coming from since that used to work for me when using those perks and play style. However, I then came across a good red rank Spirit which his name was ironically "ochido" and no surpise the guy acting as him was toxic as hell.

    He told me that the whole juking idea won't work as the sound of survivor breathing are far too loud and that there is so many ways of using her. By simply standing still you can bait the survivor to go towards u because they won't know if you are phasing or not since u are within her heart beat. And let's say the survivor was to take his direction you would know and simply phase to them because there is no way for a surivior to tell you are phasing and let's say by the time they do hear u foot steps they will without a doubt get hit. Her movement speed is really fast especially with add ons (but we won't talk about add ons here) and her reach makes it so you will get hit regardless of if u know she is coming to u.

    Obviously I thought he was over exaggerating so I asked a friend who brought spirit on the game so that I can use her. Turns out he was telling the truth, but that's in my opinion.

    I rather end it here because I don't want to make it sound as if she needs a nerf. I'm simply here to drop my viewpoint of how the devs could nerf her (which judging from u guys was a dumb idea) and why she would get nerf.

  • @Drazen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782695#Comment_782695

    oh nice then plz show a video of destroying a 4 man rank 1 swf im very curious because none of these killers can put up a fight, nurse was nerfed hard she will be now below billy for sure

    Literally just watch Zubat, Scott, Tofu, Umbra or RyanPez if you want proof that these killers can do well against SWF. Also, you're making it seem as if every SWF is like a Depip Squad, when in reality they're nowhere near that.

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783779#Comment_783779

    try being unpredictable instead of following regular looping paths, doubling back on your own scratch marks, listening for the spirits footsteps, running iron will or dance with me or even lithe if you struggle that much against her

    there's plenty of ways to counter spirit, most people just aren't willing to change their own gameplay

    Care to prove any of these sick counters in a KYF

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Activation + movement speed add-ons ruin any sense of prediction a survivor could have against her, as they'll never know how fast she can catch up on top of not knowing when she's actually phasing. Duration add-ons make her power last far too long and allow her to make too many mistakes with her movement/tracking and still catch up. Although I don't prefer them, post-phase add-ons give her Wraith lunge with passive phasing with greater distance and with the ability to come from pretty much any direction and guarantee a hit. Prayer Beads exist.

    Remove all those add-ons, remove collision while phasing, and maybe even remove passive phasing and she'll be more in line with other killers. Still questionable to face, but with ever slightly more counterplay. Hell, maybe even make it so she can't hear injured moans while phasing and has to rely on footsteps/scratchmarks.

    The real question is, how much can we remove from Spirit while still maintaining her identity and making her more fun to face and still fun to play?

    E: You could also just straight up implement a tell for when she starts phasing, after you remove all of those add-ons. Delay it by a second or so to allow some potential for mindgames.

    If you remove the grunts of pain, she'll never catch anyone if they use scratchmark jukes. Just make sounds omnidirectional and remove colition. Her addons are fine, they aren't broken and neither is she. PB should remove the phasing sound but cause her to phase in and out whilt using her power instead of being invisible, problem solved

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783782#Comment_783782

    First off, a player would have to know if they are coming against a spirit.

    Secondly, a Spirit can hear a surivior very easily than a surivior hearing foot steps (she isn't like the Demogorgon or Wraith).

    I don't struggle (depending on how good the spirit is), but if it's a good spirits.They use her almost to the level of a good nurse which makes all the counter play you can think of useless because they are experience with it.

    I understand where u are coming from since that used to work for me when using those perks and play style. However, I then came across a good red rank Spirit which his name was ironically "ochido" and no surpise the guy acting as him was toxic as hell.

    He told me that the whole juking idea won't work as the sound of survivor breathing are far too loud and that there is so many ways of using her. By simply standing still you can bait the survivor to go towards u because they won't know if you are phasing or not since u are within her heart beat. And let's say the survivor was to take his direction you would know and simply phase to them because there is no way for a surivior to tell you are phasing and let's say by the time they do hear u foot steps they will without a doubt get hit. Her movement speed is really fast especially with add ons (but we won't talk about add ons here) and her reach makes it so you will get hit regardless of if u know she is coming to u.

    Obviously I thought he was over exaggerating so I asked a friend who brought spirit on the game so that I can use her. Turns out he was telling the truth, but that's in my opinion.

    I rather end it here because I don't want to make it sound as if she needs a nerf. I'm simply here to drop my viewpoint of how the devs could nerf her (which judging from u guys was a dumb idea) and why she would get nerf.

    i have likely faced many more very good spirits seeing as how you're using ranking as an indication of their skill

  • i know that you're on the opposite side of the planet to me so no thanks, what would me playing with 350+ ping prove?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I'm a Spirit Main, and I can definitely say that she is only OP if you try to counter her like you would any other killer. Spirit doesn't work like the other killers, she works like Nurse. Loops can be detrimental to your survival rather than helpful.

    Those people who disconnected are people who can't play against Spirit and rather instead opted to insult and harass you for it. Ignore them.

    With that said, I don't think there has been a peep of the developers taking a look at Spirit in the near future. At least according to my knowledge on what the devs have said.

    Just keep playing and have fun with the killer you want to play! Don't let those nosy little shits get in the way of your fun.

    That is exactly the point. They want to be able to rely on loops to win.

  • Well after 2 matches of not getting 4k / 0 gens done I don't think spirit is 'wear headphones lul' level of easy, though I'm only using her initial perks / no addons for now.

  • Survivors are complaining spirit can hear them... but did they ever stop and think hey... maybe i can hear her!

    I think a lot of survivors forget that on top of like at least 5 perks plus mindgames they can also hear spirits footsteps/see grass move just like a wraith.

    Wraith goes invisible too but because he announces hes there with his bell hes ok but spirit is op?

  • And she always will bwhahaaha (till shes nerfed because survivor complaints)

  • They will probably change the annoying aspect of facing spirit. You know, like they did with Legion.

    Nothing to worry about.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    They will probably change the annoying aspect of facing spirit. You know, like they did with Legion.

    Nothing to worry about.

    You mean how they nerfed Legion into uselessness cause people didn't want to adapt to a new playstyle? The exploit should have been removed, but the nerfing they got was not justified. You can not say that they "Just changed the annoying aspect" of Legion, because they didn't. They crippled them.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782701#Comment_782701

    Kinda surprises me that people actually think that. She's still by far the strongest killer in the game in the right hands.

    Yet another example of nerfs not actually changing the game in a meaningful/good way.

    Nurse was the same for years but now they nerf here cause survivors suddenly were complaining en masse.

    Same with killers and Decisive Strike, it was nerfed yet it’s still a widely used meta perk.

    Mettle of Man nerf “worked” but now it’s an essentially dead perk that’s hardly ever run. If I bought Ash Williams I’d feel a little cheated.

  • She isn’t getting nerfed, I wouldn’t believe anything someone being toxic towards you would say anyway. I’d definitely report them if there sending you messages like that though.

  • I don't think they have guts to nerf spirit at least not anytime soon. If they do, it will start to effect high rank swf survivors negatively. We go back in time when survivors couldn't find matches in infinite lobby

    since she is pretty much only thing to stand a chance against GOOD survivors. I can kill potato survivors with perkless wraith, but killing good survivors is another thing

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    Survivors are complaining spirit can hear them... but did they ever stop and think hey... maybe i can hear her!

    I think a lot of survivors forget that on top of like at least 5 perks plus mindgames they can also hear spirits footsteps/see grass move just like a wraith.

    Wraith goes invisible too but because he announces hes there with his bell hes ok but spirit is op?

    Spirit does not move the grass while phasing. It is also basically impossible to hear her footsteps because of the chase music.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/785637#Comment_785637

    You mean how they nerfed Legion into uselessness cause people didn't want to adapt to a new playstyle? The exploit should have been removed, but the nerfing they got was not justified. You can not say that they "Just changed the annoying aspect" of Legion, because they didn't. They crippled them.

    Exactly.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783572#Comment_783572

    Literally just watch Zubat, Scott, Tofu, Umbra or RyanPez if you want proof that these killers can do well against SWF. Also, you're making it seem as if every SWF is like a Depip Squad, when in reality they're nowhere near that.

    Come on. 2k and 3k hr players (at least) who play the game for a living can't be the standard to judge against. NBA players make 80% of their 3 pointers in practice, therefore that distance of a shot is perfectly reasonable for the amateur hobbyist.

  • I've no problems with spirit. There's many characters, only her is that op. In a spirit of variety I believe it's fine. :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't think she's "op" but I think she's incredibly frustrating and boring to play against.

    People who are bad against spirits say she’s boring or whoever they die to the most in general

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780861#Comment_780861

    People who are bad against spirits say she’s boring or whoever they die to the most in general

    "I can't easily loop or counter this killer, so they're pretty boring"

  • @Drazen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783647#Comment_783647

    huntress and hag are too much map dependant nurse was nerfed hard and freddy can put up a fight but end of the day hes still an m1 killer if u are playing against 2000+ hr survivor mains ur only choice left is spirit

    Hag isn’t map dependent though

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786664#Comment_786664

    No, that's an excuse people use to try and justify her whilst strawmanning the argument.

    Spirit offers no feedback at all to the survivor. This is a fact. It is not up to debate. It is not up to discussion.

    She can disappear and then reappear either completely elsewhere because she screwed up, or right on top of them because she didn't. The survivor has no idea what happened between her beginning her phasing to her reappearaing to know what they did to make any result happen. There is absolutely zero feedback.

    I find that to be a problem, and to me, that problem makes her boring and frustrating to play against.

    Know what I think?

    People who try to justify her with the "git gud" or "u bad" excuse regardless of the feedback, are biased and are trying to stifle legitimate criticism against her for their own political agenda by strawmanning the actual discussion.

    I hate playing as the spirit. So I have no bias. There are plenty of counters against the spirit. I love playing on ps4 since whenever I play with friends everyone plays as spirit and she’s so easy to beat in red ranks. Just watch her hair and watch grass if you don’t want to run iron will and or spine chill. She’s not boring at all, she’s super fun to play against because you have to see all the signs of what she is doing which is so easy since red rank ps4 spirits are so predictable they don’t try anything different unless they aren’t a good player we then adapt and wreck them. Spirit is one of the most exciting killers to play against EASILY but I hate playing as her, as a killer main. Idk how there is any “political agenda” lol it’s just a game bro.

  • @KuromiStarwind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786664#Comment_786664

    "I can't easily loop or counter this killer, so they're pretty boring"

    Exactly lol 4 man swf IS THE POWER ROLE if you deny it you’re a biased robot. To survivor mains they are getting mad because the game has been becoming more and more BALANCED 2 years ago if survivors had the skill they had today the game would be dead. Now that the game is beginning to get to the balanced state (not close yet) they will keep complaining. Also daily reminder where there are only 4 killer sided maps in the WHOLE GAME. with 10+ survivor sided maps. Can’t wait for the swamp and haddonfield nerfs. “ GRR I can’t bully every killer I come across no more waaaaah”

  • She's annoying to face, but at this point being red rank every season on PS4, I have learned to just accept the abundance of spirit killers. This has helped me adapt to playing against her. I feel like she's only a problem with broken prayer beads. that's the ONLY thing I detest about spirit now. That add on is beyond broken.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786720#Comment_786720

    I hate playing as the spirit. So I have no bias. There are plenty of counters against the spirit. I love playing on ps4 since whenever I play with friends everyone plays as spirit and she’s so easy to beat in red ranks. Just watch her hair and watch grass if you don’t want to run iron will and or spine chill. She’s not boring at all, she’s super fun to play against because you have to see all the signs of what she is doing which is so easy since red rank ps4 spirits are so predictable they don’t try anything different unless they aren’t a good player we then adapt and wreck them. Spirit is one of the most exciting killers to play against EASILY but I hate playing as her, as a killer main. Idk how there is any “political agenda” lol it’s just a game bro.

    Playing killer is a very different experience on console compared to keyboard + mouse controls, not to mention a lot of people on console don't even have a headset and just use their TV for sound, which would also drastically nerf Spirit.

  • Large maps hurt her alot first of all u need time to place traps which is very valuable against a smart team and smart surv unhook while crouching so they dont trigger the trap and getting back to that place at considering shes slow killer hurts her flashlight is biggest counter to her and most swfs use flashlight alot I play both roles hag can put up a good fight but not type of a killer to deal with coordinated swfs

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787238#Comment_787238

    Playing killer is a very different experience on console compared to keyboard + mouse controls, not to mention a lot of people on console don't even have a headset and just use their TV for sound, which would also drastically nerf Spirit.

    I have a decent headset, some of my friends still use the ps4 base headset that comes with the console aka 1 ear and a mic very easily broken too. There are def killers out there with that disadvantage.

    I have an ok headset but im also bad at tracking healthy survivors so i mainly only win as spirit if i get a hit because blood and pain noises i dont even have bbq as a teachable yet.

    Plus the fact you literally cant see scratch marks in grass on console.

    Yet 2 mins into a game half the survivors dc half the time lmao and if they do almost always get a message haha. Then again survivors on console are EXTREMELY altruistic unhooking in my face getting both of them downed then complaining im a tunnler XD

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787803#Comment_787803

    survivors are also altruistic on pc too they swarm the killer all of them go down dc and they go to the forums to complain about trapper op lol

    I just mean ive noticed it a LOT more on ps4 than i did on pc (my laptops broken atm so ive been playing console more really wish there was a crossave to have the same perks available lmao)

  • There are more mind games involved with spirit games than they are with ordinary m1 killers. Most loops are badly designed when you can see the killer at all time, there is no mind game. Just judge the distance correctly how many loops you can do. If Spirit got nerfed you need to rework most loops as well and make pallets weaker

1 2 3 ›