Is Spirit getting nerfed at all?

Okay, im just curious here, who all other than survivor mains thinks Spirit is OP?

I personally think prayer beads are the only OP thing for her tbh since there are quite a few ways to avoid her etc. Even then all prayer beads does is gets rid of the phasing sound which you wont hear if you as within heartbeat range anyway so

I was playing a game as Spirit not long ago few hours maybe, 3 people disconnected within just as many minutes. Then i began getting psn messages claiming im being reported im a bad player, someone called me the N word saying because i was one i was stupid it was actually insane and i have never gotten so much toxicity before.

They said i had better get good because Spirit is getting nerfed and then i will be rank 20 forever because im bad. So im curious if anyones actually said Spirit is getting changed at all in the first place for them to think that?

All this because i played Spirit, not even with good add ons or anything.

Comments

  • I'm a Spirit Main, and I can definitely say that she is only OP if you try to counter her like you would any other killer. Spirit doesn't work like the other killers, she works like Nurse. Loops can be detrimental to your survival rather than helpful.

    Those people who disconnected are people who can't play against Spirit and rather instead opted to insult and harass you for it. Ignore them.

    With that said, I don't think there has been a peep of the developers taking a look at Spirit in the near future. At least according to my knowledge on what the devs have said.

    Just keep playing and have fun with the killer you want to play! Don't let those nosy little shits get in the way of your fun.

  • I want nothing of her changed and I’m a survivor main.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I'm a Spirit Main, and I can definitely say that she is only OP if you try to counter her like you would any other killer. Spirit doesn't work like the other killers, she works like Nurse. Loops can be detrimental to your survival rather than helpful.

    Those people who disconnected are people who can't play against Spirit and rather instead opted to insult and harass you for it. Ignore them.

    With that said, I don't think there has been a peep of the developers taking a look at Spirit in the near future. At least according to my knowledge on what the devs have said.

    Just keep playing and have fun with the killer you want to play! Don't let those nosy little shits get in the way of your fun.

    Honestly shes one of my favourites to play and when i play survivor i have started bringing spine chill for the main fact that it works while she is phased it is a GREAT counter for her!

    I 100% ignored and had a laugh at the toxic survivors. One of them disconnected before i even saw them so they were probably survive with friends too.

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780863#Comment_780863

    Honestly shes one of my favourites to play and when i play survivor i have started bringing spine chill for the main fact that it works while she is phased it is a GREAT counter for her!

    I 100% ignored and had a laugh at the toxic survivors. One of them disconnected before i even saw them so they were probably survive with friends too.

    Good on you for keeping a positive attitude :)

    And yeah! She's one of my favourite to play too, probably the only killer I am good at other than Ghostface.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I want nothing of her changed and I’m a survivor main.

    Makes me wonder if its just PS4 survivors because you see less DLC killers on PS4 tbh its rare to go against DLC killers

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780873#Comment_780873

    Good on you for keeping a positive attitude :)

    And yeah! She's one of my favourite to play too, probably the only killer I am good at other than Ghostface.

    Ive been trying to play nurse on console... MISTAKES WERE MADE xD

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780869#Comment_780869

    Makes me wonder if its just PS4 survivors because you see less DLC killers on PS4 tbh its rare to go against DLC killers

    I’m actually a PS4 survivor :)

  • OMG a friendly PS4 survivor?!?!?!?! :O You are rarer than a Ultra Rare add on my friend!

  • Oh, I have no doubt Spirit will get nerfed. The survivor mains have spoken.

  • She is fine against a good 4 man swf team but solos? Nope, too powerful.

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780875#Comment_780875

    Ive been trying to play nurse on console... MISTAKES WERE MADE xD

    Ouch. Yeah, Nurse on Console is rough. But, if you want an added challenge on console with the most powerful killer in the game, then I think playing as her might be fun to do. I've yet to try playing as Nurse with a controller myself.

  • @arslaN said:

    She is fine against a good 4 man swf team but solos? Nope, too powerful.

    Spine chill works well against her thats a perk you can use solo... but also... any killer vs 4 solo survivors can win if the killer has a brain

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780881#Comment_780881

    OMG a friendly PS4 survivor?!?!?!?! :O You are rarer than a Ultra Rare add on my friend!

    Thanks lol always try to be nice :)

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780869#Comment_780869

    Makes me wonder if its just PS4 survivors because you see less DLC killers on PS4 tbh its rare to go against DLC killers

    Really? Maybe that's a regional thing more than a PS4 thing. I think Myers is one of the killers I run into most often.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780869#Comment_780869

    hmmmm you don't look like a survivor to me.... maybe I am just tired

    I can’t change my pfp :P

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780879#Comment_780879

    Ouch. Yeah, Nurse on Console is rough. But, if you want an added challenge on console with the most powerful killer in the game, then I think playing as her might be fun to do. I've yet to try playing as Nurse with a controller myself.

    Its mostly just tricky because of the sensitivity and how clunky she feels compared to a smooth blink and hit sometimes it feels a bit disorienting :/

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780878#Comment_780878

    Really? Maybe that's a regional thing more than a PS4 thing. I think Myers is one of the killers I run into most often.

    It's probably a regional thing, the killer I run to most often in my games is Trapper of all things. Which means I got to hear that snap often.

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780888#Comment_780888

    Spine chill works well against her thats a perk you can use solo... but also... any killer vs 4 solo survivors can win if the killer has a brain

    Yeah but I don't want to use spine chill every match just in case I get a spirit.

  • Spirit is fine, survivor who are unable to adapt are not 🙈

    If you know the how, she's pretty funny to play against.

    But the most players are bounded to their meta perks and will never learn...

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780893#Comment_780893

    Yeah but I don't want to use spine chill every match just in case I get a spirit.

    I love spine chill ive actually been using it a lot its useful against others too not just spirit

  • I go against Spirit all the time on PS4 so I’ve become good at dealing with her.

    They shouldn’t nerf her, only thing that needs adjusted is prayer beads IMO, doesn’t have hardly any counterplay unless you have Spine Chill.

    There’s a certain segment of this community that can’t adapt and wants to complain about literally everything though, first it was Nurse, then it’ll be Spirit, then Freddy. Killers complaining about keys, but moris are just fine.

    They need to buff the weaker stuff in this game rather than taking a hacksaw to the stronger ones.

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    I go against Spirit all the time on PS4 so I’ve become good at dealing with her.

    They shouldn’t nerf her, only thing that needs adjusted is prayer beads IMO, doesn’t have hardly any counterplay unless you have Spine Chill.

    There’s a certain segment of this community that can’t adapt and wants to complain about literally everything though, first it was nurse, then it’ll be Spirit, then Freddy.

    They need to buff the weaker stuff in this game rather than taking a hacksaw to the stronger ones.

    Still wish they'd buff Wraith a little bit. Bing Bong Boi deserves some love :<

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    I go against Spirit all the time on PS4 so I’ve become good at dealing with her.

    They shouldn’t nerf her, only thing that needs adjusted is prayer beads IMO, doesn’t have hardly any counterplay unless you have Spine Chill.

    There’s a certain segment of this community that can’t adapt and wants to complain about literally everything though, first it was nurse, then it’ll be Spirit, then Freddy.

    They need to buff the weaker stuff in this game rather than taking a hacksaw to the stronger ones.

    To be fair nurse needed a update to her add ons more than 2 blinks was taking it a bit far for someone who can ignore pallets and walls and well everything lol even i can admit that. On ps4 she feels weaker than she actually is on pc. I like that they were changing her add ons tbh some of them flat out said something and did something else

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780907#Comment_780907

    Still wish they'd buff Wraith a little bit. Bing Bong Boi deserves some love :<

    I hate wraith right now every wraith i went against last night just face camped and all i could do was watch as survivor after survivor went down trying to save *facepalm*

  • With Wraith’s strongest add ons I’d say he’s fairly strong, but BHVR likes making add on reliant killers for some reason.

    The problem with the older killers like Trapper, Wraith, Billy, is that they were made and designed when the game’s meta was vastly different.

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780910#Comment_780910

    I hate wraith right now every wraith i went against last night just face camped and all i could do was watch as survivor after survivor went down trying to save *facepalm*

    Yeah, those bad Wraiths tend to give Wraith a bad rep.

    I really just want his Omni Directional bell addon to be base, so Survivors have to pay attention and not rely on the sound of his bell on where he is coming from.

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    With Wraith’s strongest add ons I’d say he’s fairly strong, but BHVR likes making add on reliant killers for some reason.

    The problem with the older killers like Trapper, Wraith, Billy, is that they were made and designed when the game’s meta was vastly different.

    Yet billy is still pertty high teir on the killer list id say and wraith id put kinda in the middle and trapper is kinda meh i suppose hes one of those great at low ranks but high ranks will screw him over lol

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    Okay, im just curious here, who all other than survivor mains thinks Spirit is OP?

    I personally think prayer beads are the only OP thing for her tbh since there are quite a few ways to avoid her etc. Even then all prayer beads does is gets rid of the phasing sound which you wont hear if you as within heartbeat range anyway so

    I was playing a game as Spirit not long ago few hours maybe, 3 people disconnected within just as many minutes. Then i began getting psn messages claiming im being reported im a bad player, someone called me the N word saying because i was one i was stupid it was actually insane and i have never gotten so much toxicity before.

    They said i had better get good because Spirit is getting nerfed and then i will be rank 20 forever because im bad. So im curious if anyones actually said Spirit is getting changed at all in the first place for them to think that?

    All this because i played Spirit, not even with good add ons or anything.

    No not in the near future

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780915#Comment_780915

    don't judge him wraith is lonely the best way do get people around him is to facecamp them 😥

    Its just annoying when solo because if it was swf facecamping just doesnt work yanno?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780896#Comment_780896

    oh what why? can't you ask the mods to change the background of your new picture to red or you can't even change your profile pic?

    I don’t know how long it takes to finish them and at the end of the day, it is just a pfp.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780901#Comment_780901

    I don’t know how long it takes to finish them and at the end of the day, it is just a pfp.

    I only just made an account to discuss this i dunno how to do anything else yet lol

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780919#Comment_780919

    Yet billy is still pertty high teir on the killer list id say and wraith id put kinda in the middle and trapper is kinda meh i suppose hes one of those great at low ranks but high ranks will screw him over lol

    Oh yeah Billy’s high tier now, he was solid then but his map pressure wasn’t as big of a deal since loops were so much stronger, stealth was stronger.

    On the flipside, Trapper started falling out of favor since snowballing isn’t as big of a part of the game now as stopping generators is. Wraith’s “stealth” hardly matters anymore.

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780934#Comment_780934

    I only just made an account to discuss this i dunno how to do anything else yet lol

    You can change your picture by going to your profile or if you’re on mobile then you’ll have to click the three lines in the top left corner then go to the full site and then you can change your picture from your profile. :)

  • @ClaudettesUncle said:

    Spirit is fine, survivor who are unable to adapt are not 🙈

    If you know the how, she's pretty funny to play against.

    But the most players are bounded to their meta perks and will never learn...

    ^^^

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780928#Comment_780928

    Oh yeah Billy’s high tier now, he was solid then but his map pressure wasn’t as big of a deal since loops were so much stronger, stealth was stronger.

    On the flipside, Trapper started falling out of favor since snowballing isn’t as big of a part of the game now as stopping generators is. Wraith’s “stealth” hardly matters anymore.

    I use wraiths "stealth" as speed to get across the map faster tbh since he does walk faster invis. But hell yeah have you see the potential of gens? Like i feel sorry for low rank killers if they end up against a swf that has Prove Thyself.

    I genuinely timed me and 2 others on a gen just counting so not 100% accurate but 3 people on a gen with Prove Thyself and the gen is done in roughly 20 seconds can you imagine the poor low rank killer if they chase someone for 1 min and the 3 others do 3 gens in that time like whut...

    And here i saw a post talking about gens taking ages to complete

  • Im a survivor main and i dont think she needs nerfs

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    Okay, im just curious here, who all other than survivor mains thinks Spirit is OP?

    I personally think prayer beads are the only OP thing for her tbh since there are quite a few ways to avoid her etc. Even then all prayer beads does is gets rid of the phasing sound which you wont hear if you as within heartbeat range anyway so

    I was playing a game as Spirit not long ago few hours maybe, 3 people disconnected within just as many minutes. Then i began getting psn messages claiming im being reported im a bad player, someone called me the N word saying because i was one i was stupid it was actually insane and i have never gotten so much toxicity before.

    They said i had better get good because Spirit is getting nerfed and then i will be rank 20 forever because im bad. So im curious if anyones actually said Spirit is getting changed at all in the first place for them to think that?

    All this because i played Spirit, not even with good add ons or anything.

    Spirit isn't OP besides Prayer Beads, my problem is that she is so incredibly unfun too fight as survivor, and a main reason I don't play survivor since I always run into them. It's honestly more luck and a coin flip then actual skill and mindgames. In my opinion she needs an addon rework, with no changes too her base kit.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97928/is-spirit-getting-nerfed-at-all

    Spirit isn't OP besides Prayer Beads, my problem is that she is so incredibly unfun too fight as survivor, and a main reason I don't play survivor since I always run into them. It's honestly more luck and a coin flip then actual skill and mindgames. In my opinion she needs an addon rework, with no changes too her base kit.

    I find it fun to mindgame the phasing but i do know how that is a coin flip on if she is or isnt. I like the add ons that make her go into phase faster they can be really fun if you see the survivor round a corner near instant phase after them they dont see it coming

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    I go against Spirit all the time on PS4 so I’ve become good at dealing with her.

    They shouldn’t nerf her, only thing that needs adjusted is prayer beads IMO, doesn’t have hardly any counterplay unless you have Spine Chill.

    There’s a certain segment of this community that can’t adapt and wants to complain about literally everything though, first it was nurse, then it’ll be Spirit, then Freddy.

    They need to buff the weaker stuff in this game rather than taking a hacksaw to the stronger ones.

    I agree on buffing the weaker things first.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780878#Comment_780878

    Really? Maybe that's a regional thing more than a PS4 thing. I think Myers is one of the killers I run into most often.

    Myers i do run into a lot i mean more of the recent DLCS the rarest killers for me are probably Spirit demogorgon and ghostface. I will still face them but usually its billy wraith hag and myers i see all the time

  • @OswinOsgood said:

    Okay, im just curious here, who all other than survivor mains thinks Spirit is OP?

    I personally think prayer beads are the only OP thing for her tbh since there are quite a few ways to avoid her etc. Even then all prayer beads does is gets rid of the phasing sound which you wont hear if you as within heartbeat range anyway so

    I was playing a game as Spirit not long ago few hours maybe, 3 people disconnected within just as many minutes. Then i began getting psn messages claiming im being reported im a bad player, someone called me the N word saying because i was one i was stupid it was actually insane and i have never gotten so much toxicity before.

    They said i had better get good because Spirit is getting nerfed and then i will be rank 20 forever because im bad. So im curious if anyones actually said Spirit is getting changed at all in the first place for them to think that?

    All this because i played Spirit, not even with good add ons or anything.

    She most likely will get nerf because using spirit is very easy especially when you have played dbd back when there was insta blind and still play it to this day. So you are basically used on not being able to see survivors but still know the direction to where they are going from sound.

    The whole fact of not seeing the player is useless because if you have headphones you can hear players very easily, see scratch marks. Not to mention with perks such as strioder and the fact you can bump into players making it so easy.

    I think what they would most likely do is reduce the sound because to say Spirit is a fair killer is a good joke. Her add ons are very questionable such as the fact a player can't hear her phasing even though they are out of her terror radius.

    So I think the best solution would be just to hide her terror radius and allow players to see her during phase. This makes it so that there is a counter for her.

  • the only killer left to deal with swf without getting bullied and people want her nerfed lol

  • IRON WILL + SPINE CHILL = NO MORE TEARS.

    Unless youre bad

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97928/is-spirit-getting-nerfed-at-all

    She most likely will get nerf because using spirit is very easy especially when you have played dbd back when there was insta blind and still play it to this day. So you are basically used on not being able to see survivors but still know the direction to where they are going from sound.

    The whole fact of not seeing the player is useless because if you have headphones you can hear players very easily, see scratch marks. Not to mention with perks such as strioder and the fact you can bump into players making it so easy.

    I think what they would most likely do is reduce the sound because to say Spirit is a fair killer is a good joke. Her add ons are very questionable such as the fact a player can't hear her phasing even though they are out of her terror radius.

    So I think the best solution would be just to hide her terror radius and allow players to see her during phase. This makes it so that there is a counter for her.

    Dude the solution of making them see her during phase would ruin her. Her power would be useless other than slightly faster movement. No mindgames, no gen grab

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97928/is-spirit-getting-nerfed-at-all

    She most likely will get nerf because using spirit is very easy especially when you have played dbd back when there was insta blind and still play it to this day. So you are basically used on not being able to see survivors but still know the direction to where they are going from sound.

    The whole fact of not seeing the player is useless because if you have headphones you can hear players very easily, see scratch marks. Not to mention with perks such as strioder and the fact you can bump into players making it so easy.

    I think what they would most likely do is reduce the sound because to say Spirit is a fair killer is a good joke. Her add ons are very questionable such as the fact a player can't hear her phasing even though they are out of her terror radius.

    So I think the best solution would be just to hide her terror radius and allow players to see her during phase. This makes it so that there is a counter for her.

    Allowing players to see her during her phase is literally the opposite to what she is supposed to make Survivors do to Survive.

    You can't counter a Spirit the same way you counter a Trapper or Wraith. You can't just run her around while keeping an eye on her during a loop.

    You need to trick her rather than waste her time.

  • people who think she is OP are people who try to loop her like an M1 killer

  • @ClaudettesUncle said:

    Spirit is fine, survivor who are unable to adapt are not 🙈

    If you know the how, she's pretty funny to play against.

    But the most players are bounded to their meta perks and will never learn...

    agreed

  • You know, and I mean this in the least aggressive and least offensive way i can, but all I see from threads like this are people that don't want to do anything BUT LOOP the Killer. They want all Killers to be loopable and easy to handle. WHY?! Don't you realize that makes the game utterly boring? You might as well turn on NASCAR and watch them take a left turn for a few hours.

    What would be even the point of having more than one Killer if the only tactic you need it looping? Why bother putting any other Killer in the game? Don't you want to have to THINK to deal with a Killer? Like... to me "Oh, I need to make sure I remember the Killer can do this!" or "Oh, I need to come up with a plan cause its this Killer!" sounds so much more exciting then "Oh... it's the Killer... time to loooooop."

    If you keep removing the things that makes Killers unique just for your wish to ONLY HAVE TO LOOP, then the game will get stale, boring and people will leave. Think about what you are asking for here! So many Killers are in a terrible spot cause of people thinking things like this. Old Freddy, New Legion... both were RIPPED TO PIECES cause people couldn't and didn't want to learn how to counter play them, cause they couldn't be looped. (Yes I know Legion had an exploit but the nerfs were FAR ABOVE just fixing that.)

    Learn that you might have to use more tactics than just looping, and please, learn to be grateful for the uniqueness of the Killers. You'd miss it if it was gone, I promise you.

  • I played against a gen grabber spirit and didn't even notice. But I guess she's fine for now until the meta changes.

  • Not OP, but definitely strong. If anything they'll probably change her add ons because that's kinda what makes her "broken" to entitled survivors.

‹ 1 2 3