If everyone would just sweat less...

The game would be so much more fun. Stop making everything so damn competitive all the time. No you don't need to use Prayer Beads all the time, no you don't always have to play Spirit/Hillbilly/Nurse, you don't need to Blendette, you don't need to have the instaheals or green toolbox, you don't have to burn the Haddonfield offering to piss off the killer with your balanced landing, you don't have to bring a Mori all the time, you don't have to run top tier perks all the damn time.

The community just needs to ######### chill. That's literally this game's biggest issue. No one seems to play DbD to have fun or only thinks looping the killer for filth or 4king is their only definition of fun.

Just have fun for god's sake. Maybe change your damn builds, maybe play a different killer than usual, maybe just....enjoy yourself instead of stressing over winning every match with a 4k or escaping every match.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    Yeah, you can’t really blame people for gravitating towards certain perks and playstyles. You do what’s necessary to win or keep your team alive.

    BHVR hasn’t exactly done a ton to shake up the meta or promote different playstyles yet.

    I find it a little funny that playing strong killers/perks and add ons is considered sweaty when you actually have to sweat a whole lot more when you play off meta.

    Yeah, that about sums it up. Playing Doctor against SWF, with their near-perfect information and coordination, I often try my absolute hardest and still get no kills whatsoever.


  • @alienschmalien said:

    Lol. People who think their rank matters are the worst. Your rank isn't your skill. Your rank is your time played that season. Nothing more. Nothing less. Sure, if you play the game a lot you're probably going to have a slight edge.

    But is there really any skill if your perks gave you information as to where the killer/survivor was, made the chase easier, etc. There is no skill to current DbD. It's all a bunch of meta perks that do the hard work for you.

    So as someone said rank is just nothing more than a matchmaking tool. It's a hollow ass number that means nothing and if you're playing to make sure you're the highest...why?

    There are tons of people who don't use meta perks. So are they very skillful, then?

  • OP Preach It 🙏🏻

  • There's nothing wrong with being competitive, just don't be a dick about it.

  • @Negi said:

    There's nothing wrong with being competitive, just don't be a dick about it.

    Exactly. Problem is most people who are competitive tend to feel the need to trash talk. If this game is any indication of it.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778043#Comment_778043

    Exactly. Problem is most people who are competitive tend to feel the need to trash talk. If this game is any indication of it.

    I tend to defend the one being trash talked if I get dragged into it, some people take being competitive too far but I’m just trying to have fun. :)

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778046#Comment_778046

    I tend to defend the one being trash talked if I get dragged into it, some people take being competitive too far but I’m just trying to have fun. :)

    Glad to know people like you exist, makes this game more fun. Hope to see you in the fog!

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775476#Comment_775476

    The balance is all over the fricken place. Like you'd think it would be easy. Pie Chart: Killer takes up half, Survivors take up the other half with 1/4 each on that side.

    Now, before any Survivors tell me what the Devs said, I know. 2 escapes and 2 kills. How do you make the balance work then? I can tell you what it SHOULDN'T be: everyone with 1/5th of the pie chart. Hell sometimes it feels even weirder than that.

    I honestly don't understand HOW they have the game balanced at all. Moris are crazy, Keys are crazy, BL is crazy, DS CAN be crazy with the 60 seconds, Killers tunneling is BM, Camping is BM but you can punish it easier.

    Like, If I don't use a Killer that I know like the back of my hand, I might as well just let them do gens sometimes. Clown? Nope, Bully him cause he laughs when he hits you. Legion? (Well surprise I'm good at him so that tends to sneak up on them.) Doc? Just ignore him, gens are real. So on and so on.

    I'm not saying that i'm upset that i'm not doing well. Let me make that clear. I can do bad on Spirit cause I don't know her at all. I'm upset cause it seems as soon as they know i don't know how to use the Killer, or the Killer isnt that great it's time to start the bully simulator or let's just pop all the gens cause he can't catch that one guy over there and cuss him out in post and tell him to off himself.

    I don't understand toxic people, cause I'm not that way and have never felt the need to be.

    I have a friend who sometimes plays killer on my account. He just wants to have a fun, chill time (he's crazy, I know). Sometimes he's actually able to, amazingly. He's not like a super skilled killer, though, and if he gets toxic survivors who realize that... well, I get ticked when I see survivors bully him.

    ... the fun thing is when I take the controller back and the survivors DC because the killer is no longer bully-able. Apparently, it's not fun if the killer's winning.

    I've had matches too where I was trying to just have fun and goof off, and survivors turned what was supposed to be an automatic win for them into a death sentence.

    If I'm trying to play as like Clown or something for a Daily and I'm having a terrible time of it, I'll usually just go stand by the exit gate the moment I finish the ritual; it's not worth the pain and suffering of continuing to play. I always wonder if the survivors notice or care that I stop playing midway through the match. I'm glad we don't have the end chat thing on console; survivors have to put in the extra effort if they want to say nasty things to me.

    I don't get toxicity, either. I've never messaged anyone after a match. Doesn't matter if a killer tunneled me out of the game before the first gen popped and I ended with less than 1k BP, I've never sent a message to insult or even ask why. Sometimes I wonder, if a survivor messages me, who plays pretty damn fair, just how many messages are they sending out when they play? And how has their PSN account not been banned, yet?

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775540#Comment_775540

    I have a friend who sometimes plays killer on my account. He just wants to have a fun, chill time (he's crazy, I know). Sometimes he's actually able to, amazingly. He's not like a super skilled killer, though, and if he gets toxic survivors who realize that... well, I get ticked when I see survivors bully him.

    ... the fun thing is when I take the controller back and the survivors DC because the killer is no longer bully-able. Apparently, it's not fun if the killer's winning.

    I've had matches too where I was trying to just have fun and goof off, and survivors turned what was supposed to be an automatic win for them into a death sentence.

    If I'm trying to play as like Clown or something for a Daily and I'm having a terrible time of it, I'll usually just go stand by the exit gate the moment I finish the ritual; it's not worth the pain and suffering of continuing to play. I always wonder if the survivors notice or care that I stop playing midway through the match. I'm glad we don't have the end chat thing on console; survivors have to put in the extra effort if they want to say nasty things to me.

    I don't get toxicity, either. I've never messaged anyone after a match. Doesn't matter if a killer tunneled me out of the game before the first gen popped and I ended with less than 1k BP, I've never sent a message to insult or even ask why. Sometimes I wonder, if a survivor messages me, who plays pretty damn fair, just how many messages are they sending out when they play? And how has their PSN account not been banned, yet?

    and it is THAT kinda Survivor that gives Survivors a bad name. Every survivor that jumps all over Killers that get upset here haven't had a game like that as Killer. That kinda match is why alot of people think the Killer isn't the power role (And I agree honestly. The Killer has no real say on the pace of the match most of the time)

    That being said, I can see why Survivors get upset with the bad Killers, because the Killers get upset with the bad Survivors like those people you mentioned. Some people DO want this to be "Bully the Killer" or "4ks every day." I'm not in either camp, myself, and I know you arnt either. I want a good back and forth game, not a stomp either way.

    I've honestly been told to kill myself by someone that DC'ed cause I hit them with a FF. It's insane to me how people can be that way. It's honestly surprising for me when I get nice comments in post game.

  • I am getting a bit tired of going against full meta SWF squads when I have zero good perks and add ons since I’m on a new account, no amount of skill makes up for all the insta heals, purple toolboxes and optimal loops.

    I have no problem with SWF but it’s kind of annoying how it breaks the ranking system.

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    I am getting a bit tired of going against full meta SWF squads when I have zero good perks and add ons since I’m on a new account, no amount of skill makes up for all the insta heals, purple toolboxes and optimal loops.

    I have no problem with SWF but it’s kind of annoying how it breaks the ranking system.

    I take issue with the sheer power of having voice chat in a team game where voice comms normally doesn't exist. I see a lot of mediocre survivors that make lots of big mistakes and escape anyway because they're in a 4-man SWF.

    It's hard to overstate the power of near-perfect information and near-perfect coordination in a game where that's normally all but impossible.

  • @alienschmalien said:

    The game would be so much more fun. Stop making everything so damn competitive all the time. No you don't need to use Prayer Beads all the time, no you don't always have to play Spirit/Hillbilly/Nurse, you don't need to Blendette, you don't need to have the instaheals or green toolbox, you don't have to burn the Haddonfield offering to piss off the killer with your balanced landing, you don't have to bring a Mori all the time, you don't have to run top tier perks all the damn time.

    The community just needs to ######### chill. That's literally this game's biggest issue. No one seems to play DbD to have fun or only thinks looping the killer for filth or 4king is their only definition of fun.

    Just have fun for god's sake. Maybe change your damn builds, maybe play a different killer than usual, maybe just....enjoy yourself instead of stressing over winning every match with a 4k or escaping every match.

    Thank you 🙏🏻 Preach :)

    As long as I get my BloodPoints I am having fun. I could care less if I died or got a 4K. I literally say this everyday.

  • @TwistrBlitz said:

    I am getting a bit tired of going against full meta SWF squads when I have zero good perks and add ons since I’m on a new account, no amount of skill makes up for all the insta heals, purple toolboxes and optimal loops.

    I have no problem with SWF but it’s kind of annoying how it breaks the ranking system.

    I mean, you can blame SWF for that but isn't it the fact that you don't have good stuff and they do? This game is literally "Whoever brings the biggest guns usually wins", and they brought the big guns, you didn't.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778130#Comment_778130

    I mean, you can blame SWF for that but isn't it the fact that you don't have good stuff and they do? This game is literally "Whoever brings the biggest guns usually wins", and they brought the big guns, you didn't.

    Except survivors best toys is not part of the game and technically a terms of service violation.

  • Whenever I play survivor and don't equip DS and if anyone in the lobby doesn't have DS, guess what happens? The killer tunnels the survivor who is off the hook every single time because there is no punishment for it. At least with one person having DS and someone becoming the obsession, this reduces the chances of that happening. Nobody likes getting tunneled after being unhooked, period.

    I play solo like 99% of the time, so I'm definitely going to be running meta perks. I cannot rely on the team mates I get in a trial because the majority are selfish so not only do I have to worry about the killer, but I have to worry about my team mate's performance and whether or not they're going to be useful/helpful.

    As killer, I try to be fair as much as possible unless the survivors are going out of their way to be jerks.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778130#Comment_778130

    I mean, you can blame SWF for that but isn't it the fact that you don't have good stuff and they do? This game is literally "Whoever brings the biggest guns usually wins", and they brought the big guns, you didn't.

    I’m doing well, just salty cause It’s making some of the adept trophies impossible.

  • I'm having a good time, I don't play a game if it stresses me out, that'd be the opposite of what I should feel from a form of entertainment.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775526#Comment_775526

    Unfortunately I play on PS4. That's probably WHY the game has a lot of killers like that. PS4 games with online play tend to bring out the worst in people. I have had very few games where a killer doesn't play dirty, and most of the ones where the killer isn't a dick is farming and I don't always want games like that. I prefer games where either side could win and the killer isn't being an ass. The ones that were good though were really good. One guy added me because I was so good to my teammates despite us all dying, that he thought I was in a SWF group, and we played SWF quite a few games. Haven't seen him online in a while sadly so still back to bad games because I'm solo.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775663#Comment_775663

    Uh...what?

    In mariokart there are cliffs that you can drive off before blue shell tumbles you around, and when you get dropped back on course there is a speedboost

  • Blendette=sweat? Its just a joke

  • @premiumRICE said:

    Blendette=sweat? Its just a joke

    How is it a joke? Wearing clothes that blend in with the environment gives you a major tactical advantage. There's a reason most modern armies wear camouflage.

  • I agree that players should tone their sweatiness down, but playing certain killers is not always inherently sweaty (although i might agree to that notion in regard to the spirit lol).

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777950#Comment_777950

    In mariokart there are cliffs that you can drive off before blue shell tumbles you around, and when you get dropped back on course there is a speedboost

    Oh, I forgot about my blue shell counterplay post. I couldn't see which you were replying to either, lol. The speed boost must be new. I don't remember that being the case in earlier Mario Kart games. I think it's easier just to slow down a bit if someone isn't too far behind. You usually have plenty of time to react, lol.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Sometimes being competitive is fun though... so I don't understand.

    Also, the problem is you never know who/what you're gonna get until you're in the match... this is on either side. Imagine you go in with the mentality "Oh yeah I'm gonna play chill this round".... and you get a Spirit who just got demolished in her previous game.... and brought Prayer Beads and an Ebony Mori. You'll never know until you're in there.

    Ur right about that...i play both kill and survivor. When playing killer n want to go "easy" you get t bagged all the way to the exit gate.. n that gets old fast. So pretty much going try hard all the time is the way to go. Even wen ill get the cry baby messages. When i play survivor i just play to my best abilities. Only thing HATE the most is wen i get camped on one hook.( no tagging or being toxic) thats the one rule i try to follow wen i play killer. But hey you do you.

  • I'll enjoy it more when I grind out the 50+ perks for the killers I play and gen rush is addressed.

  • @evilnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775224#Comment_775224

    Ur right about that...i play both kill and survivor. When playing killer n want to go "easy" you get t bagged all the way to the exit gate.. n that gets old fast. So pretty much going try hard all the time is the way to go. Even wen ill get the cry baby messages. When i play survivor i just play to my best abilities. Only thing HATE the most is wen i get camped on one hook.( no tagging or being toxic) thats the one rule i try to follow wen i play killer. But hey you do you.

    Same here. I try just play the games for fun. Too many people go super tryhard in this game. I despise my Rank going up because I 'succeeded' but really, you don't. You go higher and get killers who will literally tunnel you just so you die faster, and they get their precious emblem rise. When I play as killer, I'll have people being toxic toward me and after the 3 at once gen rush, I try to at least get one death, but if I fail that, then it's the usual tbagging at the exit, taunting me to 'Come at them' and having flashlights shone at me constantly. The game would be so much more enjoyable for me if there was just a non-ranked mode (Not Custom) where we could just all have a fun time. I think some people forget what the fun was in this game the second that number turns red

  • @Monlyth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779943#Comment_779943

    How is it a joke? Wearing clothes that blend in with the environment gives you a major tactical advantage. There's a reason most modern armies wear camouflage.

    Blending is confirmed not a thing unless you are really new to the game.

  • @alienschmalien said:

    The game would be so much more fun. Stop making everything so damn competitive all the time. No you don't need to use Prayer Beads all the time, no you don't always have to play Spirit/Hillbilly/Nurse, you don't need to Blendette, you don't need to have the instaheals or green toolbox, you don't have to burn the Haddonfield offering to piss off the killer with your balanced landing, you don't have to bring a Mori all the time, you don't have to run top tier perks all the damn time.

    The community just needs to ######### chill. That's literally this game's biggest issue. No one seems to play DbD to have fun or only thinks looping the killer for filth or 4king is their only definition of fun.

    Just have fun for god's sake. Maybe change your damn builds, maybe play a different killer than usual, maybe just....enjoy yourself instead of stressing over winning every match with a 4k or escaping every match.

    There is no sweating, only surviving and killing.

    Get over yourself

  • @premiumRICE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780368#Comment_780368

    Blending is confirmed not a thing unless you are really new to the game.

    Are you kidding? Prestige Claudette can practically disappear on dark maps.

  • @premiumRICE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780368#Comment_780368

    Blending is confirmed not a thing unless you are really new to the game.

    I take it you don't watch PainRelievers? He's a rank 1 survivor that plays Blendette on a fairly regular basis.

  • @alienschmalien said:

    The game would be so much more fun. Stop making everything so damn competitive all the time. No you don't need to use Prayer Beads all the time, no you don't always have to play Spirit/Hillbilly/Nurse, you don't need to Blendette, you don't need to have the instaheals or green toolbox, you don't have to burn the Haddonfield offering to piss off the killer with your balanced landing, you don't have to bring a Mori all the time, you don't have to run top tier perks all the damn time.

    The community just needs to ######### chill. That's literally this game's biggest issue. No one seems to play DbD to have fun or only thinks looping the killer for filth or 4king is their only definition of fun.

    Just have fun for god's sake. Maybe change your damn builds, maybe play a different killer than usual, maybe just....enjoy yourself instead of stressing over winning every match with a 4k or escaping every match.

    I would love too have fun and goof off, I want too play more Leatherface tbh, but since I don't have the most optimal perks on him I just get gen rushed and looped too death at red ranks. If the game had a Quick Match and a Ranked Match this problem wouldn't exist, but until the devs add this the community won't change. It's a ranked only game, so it promotes sweat and toxicity, unlike games like Overwatch and LoL which have both, so it's no big deal if you goof off in Quick Match. DBD, you goof off you're simply going too loose no matter what, and loosing means you don't even get that many bloodpoints.

  • @Monlyth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780701#Comment_780701

    I take it you don't watch PainRelievers? He's a rank 1 survivor that plays Blendette on a fairly regular basis.

    The fact he plays her doesnt mean shes not a joke.

    otzdarva plays trapper at rank 1, so trapper is op?

  • @premiumRICE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780900#Comment_780900

    The fact he plays her doesnt mean shes not a joke.

    otzdarva plays trapper at rank 1, so trapper is op?

    Blendette has the exact same abilities as every other survivor. The only difference between her and every other survivor on the roster is that she looks different. So if you're trying to get every possible advantage in a match, why not play the character that's difficult for the killer to spot?

    If you can't understand why it's advantageous to wear clothes that make it difficult for your enemies to see you, I'm not going to explain it to you.

  • she doesnt get any freaking advantage, unless you are new as a killer. Every seasoned killer can spot her regardless, so if you play like full immersed blendette you are just using an useless build because unless you are rank 20 it doesnt give you any advantage

  • Some people will just sweat salt

1 2 ›