Pop Goes the Weasel was a Perk I already loved before it was balanced better. I tried to make it work before, but the short duration, distance to Gens could easily be impossible to get and each Rank having different %s on Gen regression...made it a hindrance...but the concept was always one I loved. Since it's rework/balance alongside Dying Light, it's fast become a great Perk.
While I use Ruin more often, I like using Thrilling for its multi use. If Ruin gets cleansed, I at least have that to fall back on WHILE being able to track which gen is getting done.
Well then. Being one of the few who voted for overcharge, guess I'll comment. I mostly use this over the rest because Its a doctor perk and thats my dude. But it seems to fit pretty well with my usual 3 gen strategy. If theyre working on a Gen I dont want them to, I kick it, and when I get a notification if they miss the skill check and I can return to the gen to chase em off.
I also dont have PGTW because trying to level up the clown seems like such a drag right now.
I use Discordance in combination with Overcharge. Discordance allows me to find the biggest group of survivors early on and send them scattering before they can repair their first gen, and throughout the match, it lets me know whenever there's an opportunity to disrupt multiple survivors at once.
Overcharge allows me to put consistent pressure on the generators, without having to rely on getting a hook or hope that the Ruin totem won't be found.
Pop goes the weasel + Overcharge for when I don't want to play a match with only 3 perks as my ruin totem gets destroyed within the first minute of the match 80% of the time. XD
I notice a lot of people fail the overcharge skill check. Most likely because it's not used very often so people don't expect it I guess.
Back in 2017/2018 I would've said Remember Me, absolutely loved that perk. However since that got gutted with Endgame Collapse, PGTW has been the go-to slowdown perk for me.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I often use surveillance just so I can keep track of what gens are actually being worked on
I use Surge, Thrilling AND corrupt
1-Ruin (obvious)
2-Thanatophobia (make them think ruin is still on)
3-Haunted ground (easy kill when they cleanse)
I often use Hex: Ruin and when that fails I use the good ol trusty never lets me down uninstall.
lol :D
I use Hex: Ruin, often in combination with Pop Goes the Weasel. Discordance too, sometimes.
Nice. Forgot to add Corrupt Intervention
And don't forget the endless chanting of "stay the **** away from my totem" during the trial
the only slow down perk I have is ruin so lmao
Thanatophobia
Pop is good. You have to adjust your playstyle a bit, but 25% is massive.
Pop Goes the Weasel was a Perk I already loved before it was balanced better. I tried to make it work before, but the short duration, distance to Gens could easily be impossible to get and each Rank having different %s on Gen regression...made it a hindrance...but the concept was always one I loved. Since it's rework/balance alongside Dying Light, it's fast become a great Perk.
I kind of use anti-healing over anti-gen. I find I have more success when I can frequently one hit survivors.
Despite Ruin's clear strength, I never end up having it last all too long, so Pop will always hold a special place in my heart (also, Clown is bae).
Don't really ever use one, but i like combing this Perk with Windstorm Add-ons sometimes.
What kind of perks do you use for anti-healing?
Sloppy Butcher, Thanataphobia, Nurses Calling
Then the 4th perk is dependent upon Killer. This pretty much my build on all my killers except Trapper and Doctor.
While I use Ruin more often, I like using Thrilling for its multi use. If Ruin gets cleansed, I at least have that to fall back on WHILE being able to track which gen is getting done.
I use whispers to find survivors as soon as possible
Well then. Being one of the few who voted for overcharge, guess I'll comment. I mostly use this over the rest because Its a doctor perk and thats my dude. But it seems to fit pretty well with my usual 3 gen strategy. If theyre working on a Gen I dont want them to, I kick it, and when I get a notification if they miss the skill check and I can return to the gen to chase em off.
I also dont have PGTW because trying to level up the clown seems like such a drag right now.
PGTW is just better than Ruin in every way.
Ruin- removes 4 seconds of a gen, and pauses it for 3 seconds.
PGTW- instantly removes 20 seconds off a gen and rewards you for hooking survivors.
Combine this perk with discordance, really.
Pop goes the weasel.
I use Discordance in combination with Overcharge. Discordance allows me to find the biggest group of survivors early on and send them scattering before they can repair their first gen, and throughout the match, it lets me know whenever there's an opportunity to disrupt multiple survivors at once.
Overcharge allows me to put consistent pressure on the generators, without having to rely on getting a hook or hope that the Ruin totem won't be found.
Been trying to play without Ruin for a while now.. with mixed results.. and I've been relying on PGTW instead.
Discordance + Pop goes the weasel with the new freddy ๐
Pop goes the weasel + Overcharge for when I don't want to play a match with only 3 perks as my ruin totem gets destroyed within the first minute of the match 80% of the time. XD
I notice a lot of people fail the overcharge skill check. Most likely because it's not used very often so people don't expect it I guess.
Ruin, Pop, sometimes Thataophobia + Dying Light as a combo.
PGTW all the way. More reliable than Ruin.
On some Killers I use Corrupt Intervention as well.
Except you have to hook someone and go to a gen, Ruin is passive and affects all the players (until cleansed 30 seconds in.)
Overcharge on my doc
I only recently started using Ruin but I'm much more a fan of PGTW. Not a fan of gambling my perk slot. RNG is too fickle
I haven't put in the time to get to higher ranks as killer, so Ruin is still pretty reliable. Pop is nice too, though.
Also, you forgot Corrupt Intervention for those Trapper mains.
Back in 2017/2018 I would've said Remember Me, absolutely loved that perk. However since that got gutted with Endgame Collapse, PGTW has been the go-to slowdown perk for me.
Ruin, pgtw, dying light, thanatophobia are all great perks to slo gens
Self Care, nuff said
I'm too poor for PGTW.
Sloppy Butcher on Spirit.
Me after hitting an nearly complete generator with Pop Goes The Weasel.
I prefer Pop because it can allow me to instantly regress a gen of my choice, not where survivors take me as a killer.
I prefer Surveillance and Discordance but use them more for detection.
None because gen slow perks make the game far too easy.
To avoid genrush
Ruin or Pop.
To quote Monto: Hex Ruin, to slow the game down. Just a little bit.
?
Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Corrupt Intervention and Pop Goes the Weasel.
I run surveillance and pop together quite a lot. Helps me shut down progress pretty effectively.