Opinion: Freddy is the strongest killer on console

So obviously the killer metas on Pc and consoles are a bit different, like for example Nurse was the most powerful on Pc, but a joke on consoles.

Spirit and billy are still pretty popular but truthfully? Freddy is the big dog in red ranks. I could vs billy and spirit all day and not sweat too much. But Freddy? Freddy is straight up painful to face.


His map pressure is insane, his teleport paired with Discordance/Surveillance and Pop goes the weasel is god tier.


His snares are borderline game breaking, basically a clown with no recharge or slow down.


His ability to remain invisible until he’s in your face whilst your asleep shortens the hell out of chases.


His lunge is ridiculous (surely I’m not the only one who thinks this)


His movement speed even though his abilities don’t slow him down is also insane, the only killer not slowed whilst using abilities.


Anyways, I’m not asking for a nerf or anything, but reading blah blah Spirit this and that all day, when Freddy is in my opinion, even stronger, is funny.


Anyone else on consoles agree? Or does no one truly believe Freddy is top tier?


Not sure what he’s like on PC, but he’s just as popular, if not more then spirit on Xbox.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I just played him today for the first time since the rework. Not sure where he ranks yet. I do know not needing to sleep everyone first was awesome.

  • The thing about Freddy is that he's reliant on survivors not knowing how to deal with his gimmicks. It doesn't really matter if he keeps his speed while dropping snares because there's a specific animation for it and once survivors see it they abandon that loop.

    Ditto for the gen teleport, it's one of the most telegraphed moves in the game except for maybe the Demogorgon portals... still not sure why that includes a universal notification.

    With Spirit, it doesn't really matter if you know her tricks or not. There will always be an element of randomness because you can't really predict what she's doing.

  • Well has one if my main I was good with Freddy before the rework BUT he has gotten MUCH stronger and I feel ppl still don't think "Oh Freddy better be careful" which in return destroys them.

    Like some ppl said, he has some cheese counters but has a whole he's gotten harder to go against.

  • A find spirits are one trick pony, if you know how to mindgame her properly she’s not too bad.


    Its true you can abandon loops with Freddy but that just gives him more time to catch up.


    Idk I seriously struggle against Freddy, spirit not so much.

  • Nurse is still #1 on console and spirit is much better, billy is definitely worse than Freddy imo though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769021#Comment_769021

    Doesn't nurse have the lowest kill percentage on consoles?

    Hag has the highest on pc and Trapper is the second, are they better than nurse? If you put the time in then Nurse is still really good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @GrootDude Nurse is #1 on console for like 2 people at rank 1 probably lmao, and the Nurses I've ran into in the past typically used range add-ons or 3+ blinks.

    Most good nurses in my experience don’t use those, I always played without add ons when I mained her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769029#Comment_769029

    Do you play solo queue or 4 man SWF with all good rank 1 teammates? Do the Nurses you face use Ruin or other slowdown perks?

    Most use ruin, I’ve only faced good nurses while solo.

  • @GrootDude said:

    Nurse is still #1 on console and spirit is much better, billy is definitely worse than Freddy imo though.

    I agree with everything except Billy being worse than Freddy , you're pushing it a little on that one , sure Freddy has map pressure now but you can't disregard the insta down and better map pressure he offers compared to Freddy

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769027#Comment_769027

    I'd say in terms of average kill percentage, yes, they are better than nurse, no question.

    When used at their best or at least close to their best, who is the best of the three?

  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769018#Comment_769018

    I agree with everything except Billy being worse than Freddy , you're pushing it a little on that one , sure Freddy has map pressure now but you can't disregard the insta down and better map pressure he offers compared to Freddy

    Billy is a lot more loopable than Freddy is my reasoning.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769037#Comment_769037

    I think there's your issue.

    I have no problem playing Nurse against most solo survivors w/o Ruin in red ranks (when I'm actually in practice, anyway). It becomes a problem when it's a full team that's really pressuring/hammering out gens and know how to keep distance and use LoS to their advantage, especially on "bad" Nurse maps. Spirit is much, much more forgiving against those teams on console.

    Also the frame drop issue that occurs whenever you play multiple matches in succession is annoying on Nurse moreso than any other killer except Demo.

    I’ve also mained Nurse in red ranks before, mainly struggled in corn.

  • Honestly I can count the number of decent nurses on console with one hand, very niche killer.


    Freddy and spirit are the two big ones, don’t see as many Billy’s but he’s still strong.


    Its a different meta.

  • My top 3 on console

    Billy (map pressure/instadowns)

    Spirit (sorry not buying her as better than Billy)

    Freddy

  • I hate how Hag is being left out. I played on PS4 a majority of my time playing DBD until my PS4 developed a problem and I cant use it anymore.

    Hag has the ability to shut down every loop, apply gen pressure, and destroy survivors so quickly. I know this is dependent on the killer and survivors but I believe played right the Hag on console is stronger than Freddy. Not that Freddy is weak by any means necessary, again just my opinion. I think the problem is most people don't know how to properly play her and spend way to much time chasing.

    I would say on console it would be Spirit, Nurse, Hag, Freddy, Billy.

  • @akasantino said:

    I hate how Hag is being left out. I played on PS4 a majority of my time playing DBD until my PS4 developed a problem and I cant use it anymore.

    Hag has the ability to shut down every loop, apply gen pressure, and destroy survivors so quickly. I know this is dependent on the killer and survivors but I believe played right the Hag on console is stronger than Freddy. Not that Freddy is weak by any means necessary, again just my opinion. I think the problem is most people don't know how to properly play her and spend way to much time chasing.

    I would say on console it would be Spirit, Nurse, Hag, Freddy, Billy.

    True Hag is very strong, I honestly just never see her. It would be legit months since I’ve played against one. 🤔

  • @GrootDude said:

    Nurse is still #1 on console and spirit is much better, billy is definitely worse than Freddy imo though.

    I’ve legit played against one Nurse in the past three months lol. She’s not good on console so no one uses her as much

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769018#Comment_769018

    I’ve legit played against one Nurse in the past three months lol. She’s not good on console so no one uses her as much

    She is good, just really really hard to learn.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/768976#Comment_768976

    Survivors can’t work around the non directional lullaby if a Freddy is godly with mid chase teleports. They’re either fortunate enough to see the new direction you’re coming from, or they’re not.

    Honestly his ability to basically just show up out of no where is part of the reason he’s so strong.

  • spirit begs to differ

  • No. Even a no add-on Spirit 100% beats ANYTHING Freddy can do. Freddy still has to chase normally and eat pallets, Spirit does not.

    Hag is also better than Freddy. As is Billy.

    It’s not as easy to play Nurse on console but she’s still the best killer if you play her very well. Spirit is just easier to play hence when she is so popular.

  • @NinoV1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769247#Comment_769247

    Honestly his ability to basically just show up out of no where is part of the reason he’s so strong.

    You still have somewhat of a warning due to the lullaby. If Spirit is running Prayer Beads you basically have zero warning.

    I can’t buy Freddy being better than Spirit. She ends chases too quickly and has map pressure as well.

  • @GrootDude said:

    Nurse is still #1 on console and spirit is much better, billy is definitely worse than Freddy imo though.

    I always think people overrated Billy. He’s extremely loopable. He is still #4 in my opinion and the best male killer in the game. Nurse, Spirit, and Hag are #1-3 respectively.

    Freddy is strong but I don’t find him nearly ad challenging as people say he is. I’m just bored to death because almost every Freddy wants to run Swing Chains and Red Paint Brush with Thantophobia and Dying Light. He’s very annoying and BORING to face. Not the kost challenging killer for me to face personally though. That honor belongs to Spirit.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769018#Comment_769018

    I always think people overrated Billy. He’s extremely loopable. He is still #4 in my opinion and the best male killer in the game. Nurse, Spirit, and Hag are #1-3 respectively.

    Freddy is strong but I don’t find him nearly ad challenging as people say he is. I’m just bored to death because almost every Freddy wants to run Swing Chains and Red Paint Brush with Thantophobia and Dying Light. He’s very annoying and BORING to face. Not the kost challenging killer for me to face personally though. That honor belongs to Spirit.

    I like him before those add ons became meta. Billy is overrated, I agree.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769315#Comment_769315

    You still have somewhat of a warning due to the lullaby. If Spirit is running Prayer Beads you basically have zero warning.

    I can’t buy Freddy being better than Spirit. She ends chases too quickly and has map pressure as well.

    I agree prayer beads spirit is stronger, but her other add ons besides the speed enhancers are all pretty ordinary.


    I find Freddy a lot more versatile and certain perks compliment him a lot better. I personally just struggle against Freddy a lot more then spirit.

  • Spirit hands down

  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769018#Comment_769018

    I agree with everything except Billy being worse than Freddy , you're pushing it a little on that one , sure Freddy has map pressure now but you can't disregard the insta down and better map pressure he offers compared to Freddy

    Billy is more map dependant on that map pressure. Put him in Hawkins for instance and see how long it takes him to pressure the gen upstairs, lol.

  • Freddy's lunge is the EXACT SAME AS EVERY OTHER KILLERS BASE LUNGE how tf does everyone not know this? oh... console. (coming from a console player )

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769037#Comment_769037

    I think there's your issue.

    I have no problem playing Nurse against most solo survivors w/o Ruin in red ranks (when I'm actually in practice, anyway). It becomes a problem when it's a full team that's really pressuring/hammering out gens and know how to keep distance and use LoS to their advantage, especially on "bad" Nurse maps. Spirit is much, much more forgiving against those teams on console.

    Also the frame drop issue that occurs whenever you play multiple matches in succession is annoying on Nurse moreso than any other killer except Demo.

    @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769018#Comment_769018

    I’ve legit played against one Nurse in the past three months lol. She’s not good on console so no one uses her as much

    Go watch space esports PS4 tournament they had on twitch not too long ago. Nurse was the most picked and did very well, yes Nurse is great on console and is more than playable against sweaty SWFs. She's #1 killer on PS4.

  • @Corrupted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769047#Comment_769047

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769241#Comment_769241

    Go watch space esports PS4 tournament they had on twitch not too long ago. Nurse was the most picked and did very well, yes Nurse is great on console and is more than playable against sweaty SWFs. She's #1 killer on PS4.

    Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll give that a watch.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    No. Even a no add-on Spirit 100% beats ANYTHING Freddy can do. Freddy still has to chase normally and eat pallets, Spirit does not.

    Hag is also better than Freddy. As is Billy.

    It’s not as easy to play Nurse on console but she’s still the best killer if you play her very well. Spirit is just easier to play hence when she is so popular.

    I mostly agree but most people won't understand and will argue you down that Freddy is better because he has more versatility and is easier to play than Spirit. There aren't many good Spirits believe it or not, and as Spirit you HAVE to be good and consistent at downing survivors with your phasing. If not then it's a waste, not to be confused though. I believe Spirit is 100% better than Freddy but there are just a lot of bad spirits and Freddy is easier to play (he also gen slowing add ons which is fap lol.)

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769536#Comment_769536

    Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll give that a watch.

    Awesome. I believe most console players should, that way this myth of "Nurse is bad on console." Can die, she's harder to learn but just as effective once you get her down. I knew and seen some of the peoplre there beforehand.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    Freddy's lunge is the EXACT SAME AS EVERY OTHER KILLERS BASE LUNGE how tf does everyone not know this? oh... console. (coming from a console player )

    I think it’s because his character model is so small compared to most other killers, he just seems further away when he really isn’t.


    Thats my guess anyways

  • @Corrupted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769386#Comment_769386

    I mostly agree but most people won't understand and will argue you down that Freddy is better because he has more versatility and is easier to play than Spirit. There aren't many good Spirits believe it or not, and as Spirit you HAVE to be good and consistent at downing survivors with your phasing. If not then it's a waste, not to be confused though. I believe Spirit is 100% better than Freddy but there are just a lot of bad spirits and Freddy is easier to play (he also gen slowing add ons which is fap lol.)

    Spirit is similar to Nurse in the regard that she doesn’t have to respect pallets and can easily down a survivor in under 20 seconds. She has so many things working for her. There’s no denying that she’s better than Freddy. She can do everything Freddy better than him.

    It all boils down to the fact that Spirit can play more “MiNdGaMeS” (faking her power) and can end a chase way quicker than Freddy can. Freddy will still have to play pallets like a normal killer while Spirit will be able to just phase around the pallet or predict a survivors movement.

    Spirit is still the only killer who can down a survivor by literally doing nothing. Just stand still and wait for they’ll run into you.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    Freddy's lunge is the EXACT SAME AS EVERY OTHER KILLERS BASE LUNGE how tf does everyone not know this? oh... console. (coming from a console player )

    It only seems longer because he has to throw his whole body because his weapon is his hand.

    Now compare that with Doctor’s big stick or Spirit’s long katana. It just SEEMS like Freddy has a longer lunge but we all know he doesn’t.

  • @NinoV1 said:

    So obviously the killer metas on Pc and consoles are a bit different, like for example Nurse was the most powerful on Pc, but a joke on consoles.

    Spirit and billy are still pretty popular but truthfully? Freddy is the big dog in red ranks. I could vs billy and spirit all day and not sweat too much. But Freddy? Freddy is straight up painful to face.

    His map pressure is insane, his teleport paired with Discordance/Surveillance and Pop goes the weasel is god tier.

    His snares are borderline game breaking, basically a clown with no recharge or slow down.

    His ability to remain invisible until he’s in your face whilst your asleep shortens the hell out of chases.

    His lunge is ridiculous (surely I’m not the only one who thinks this)

    His movement speed even though his abilities don’t slow him down is also insane, the only killer not slowed whilst using abilities.

    Anyways, I’m not asking for a nerf or anything, but reading blah blah Spirit this and that all day, when Freddy is in my opinion, even stronger, is funny.

    Anyone else on consoles agree? Or does no one truly believe Freddy is top tier?

    Not sure what he’s like on PC, but he’s just as popular, if not more then spirit on Xbox.

    I think you are right freddy is WAY stronger on console but i think Spirit still has the edge in terms of mind game potential. Because without iron will escaping from a spirit is crazy hard.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769549#Comment_769549

    I agree with everything except the “Freddy is easier” part.

    The difference between an average Freddy player and a godly Freddy player is being able to judge when to do a mid chase gen teleport and be able to quickly reorient yourself to cut them off, or mindgame them into changing direction, AND the ability to judge the intermittent visibility range to circle around those you’re chasing rather than always move in a straight line. That’s advanced shizz

    I versed a Freddy like that the other night and it was quite possibly one of the most painful experiences I’ve had on DBD.

  • Freddy is a good mid-tier killer, that's all. Nurse, Spirit & Billy are much better. That also applies to consoles.

  • The only thing I have to complain about with freddy is lunge. It’s ridiculous. I haven’t met a single person that thought his lunge is fine.

  • I wouldn't say he's the top killer. Then again I havent got the hang of his new abilities. I felt his previous power set was more fitting and far more interesting.

  • Billy is much better than Freddy, his map pressure has no cooldown and he can negate a lot of loops via curving.

    He also has a one shot down and all that.

    I don't see how Freddy is better at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769315#Comment_769315

    Which is why Pill Bottle is a much stronger add on than most give it credit for.

    Finally, someone else who appreciates the Pill Bottle.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Billy is much better than Freddy, his map pressure has no cooldown and he can negate a lot of loops via curving.

    He also has a one shot down and all that.

    I don't see how Freddy is better at all.

    Freddy can shut down loops quite effectively and also teleport the map, billy can be looped pretty easily.


    They both have strong map pressure and whilst billy has the one hit down Freddy has so many abilities backing him.

  • As someone that has completed the nurse chapter on console she is very very strong the only problem I have is the insane amount of focus she requires and normally would end up with a head ache after playing her for so long.

    I'd say she's the strongest tho! Just hard to master and the headaches 😫

    Spirit is the easier more powerful to utilise but you'll get abuse hardcore for using her not to mention dcs.

    But still gonna say it pig is S tier on console (jokes) uh I love my girl 🐖💖

    Actually looking forward to trying out the new add ons for nurse and hey with the rework we might start seeing more nurses I hope!

    🐷💖

  • Spirit is the best on console then Freddy

  • I just wanted to say that just because Freddy doesn't have the limitations Clown has, that doesn't mean Freddy's snares are game breaking, but it means Clown's bottles are extremely weak and laughable.

  • @Marcus said:

    I just wanted to say that just because Freddy doesn't have the limitations Clown has, that doesn't mean Freddy's snares are game breaking, but it means Clown's bottles are extremely weak and laughable.

    Yeah I really like clown but man he needs a buff.

  • Freddy is strong, but not top tier


    He can still be looped like everyone else (including spirit) but its just harder


    Running no perks no add-ons on spirit v no perks no add-ons on Freddy, spirit will win with chase potential

  • @Hoodied said:

    Freddy is strong, but not top tier

    He can still be looped like everyone else (including spirit) but its just harder

    Running no perks no add-ons on spirit v no perks no add-ons on Freddy, spirit will win with chase potential

    I find Freddy has a larger map presence, spirit can only be in one place at one time.


    Freddy has potential to traverse the map in seconds.

‹ 1 2