PLS FIX GEN TAPPING

I know that at some point in time DEVS said its not an exploit neither its a reportable thing

but is it really fair to keep this thing in the game ?

Ruin is already a very RNG based perk and I personally think it DOES not stand for more than 1 gen or even less !!! 90 % of the times.

this game is evolving in a very astonishing way thanks to the devs and all the hard work with dlc's and events.. silly things such tapping should not stay in this game IMO.

stay safe in the FOG ladies and gents <3

Comments

  • Some members of the forum had excellent ideas for the gentapping issue. Gens need a time to get ready to be worked on, equal to the time needed to kick a gen. Boom! Fixed.

  • Gen tapping is not a good strategy so you shouldn't complain. You can do gens faster without tapping with ruin.

  • If you can’t tap prayer beads is instawin

  • @PGJSF said:

    If you can’t tap prayer beads is instawin

    what if it was a trapper ??

  • Ruin is supposed to slow the game down. Repairing a generator by gen tapping takes AGES so guess what - RUIN IS DOING ITS JOB.

    Gen tapping is highly inefficient.

  • @arslaN said:

    Gen tapping is not a good strategy so you shouldn't complain. You can do gens faster without tapping with ruin.

    your opinion does not necessarily mean it's the truth otherwise why alot of people gen tap ? but yes ,, if you can hit skill checks, ruin skill checks, its obviously faster than tapping

  • @harry14141414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763560#Comment_763560

    your opinion does not necessarily mean it's the truth otherwise why alot of people gen tap ? but yes ,, if you can hit skill checks, ruin skill checks, its obviously faster than tapping

    Play in high ranks and people don't gen tap at all. Bad survivors think that they do gens faster this way, but they don't at all.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Ruin is supposed to slow the game down. Repairing a generator by gen tapping takes AGES so guess what - RUIN IS DOING ITS JOB.

    Gen tapping is highly inefficient.

    you sure about that?? by the way it didnt happen to me recently but couple hours ago I was watching a stream where the streamer was tapping it and guess what

    I was very curios how slow that gen went .. went back to the vod and used a timer.. that mad man got the gen done in 86 seconds.. whoaaa such an inefficient strat.

    a whole 6 seconds

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763574#Comment_763574

    Play in high ranks and people don't gen tap at all. Bad survivors think that they do gens faster this way, but they don't at all.

    I know that bruvvv .. high ranks they usually CAN hit the skill check.. not to mention veteran survivors know all the locations they find the totem easily too

  • There is nothing to fix about gentapping.

    It makes the gen even slower instead of just holding M1 and failing some ruin skillchecks.

  • @harry14141414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763571#Comment_763571

    you sure about that?? by the way it didnt happen to me recently but couple hours ago I was watching a stream where the streamer was tapping it and guess what

    I was very curios how slow that gen went .. went back to the vod and used a timer.. that mad man got the gen done in 86 seconds.. whoaaa such an inefficient strat.

    a whole 6 seconds

    Try again:

    https://youtu.be/Pm2FBVvu2ro


  • @harry14141414 said:

    I know that at some point in time DEVS said its not an exploit neither its a reportable thing

    but is it really fair to keep this thing in the game ?

    Ruin is already a very RNG based perk and I personally think it DOES not stand for more than 1 gen or even less !!! 90 % of the times.

    this game is evolving in a very astonishing way thanks to the devs and all the hard work with dlc's and events.. silly things such tapping should not stay in this game IMO.

    stay safe in the FOG ladies and gents <3

    What's the problem? Gentapping is slow.

    Ruin is working just as intended.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/96034/pls-fix-gen-tapping

    What's the problem? Gentapping is slow.

    Ruin is working just as intended.

    how much slower is it if its 3 people tapping ??

    I know its 6-7 seconds if 1 person

  • @harry14141414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763599#Comment_763599

    how much slower is it if its 3 people tapping ??

    I know its 6-7 seconds if 1 person

    I literally posted a video proving you wrong. The difference was 23(!) seconds for 1 person. Stop spreading lies.

  • The annoying part to me in that a quick tap can undo a regressing gen. Had a survivor afew hours ago tap a gen I just kicked 10 seconds previous. The only real chuckle I got from that was that I was using surge... So when I downed him 10 seconds later...the gen started regressing again.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763600#Comment_763600

    I literally posted a video proving you wrong. The difference was 23(!) seconds for 1 person. Stop spreading lies.

    Im not spreading lies, you gotta talk respectfully if you wanna comment in my thread

    we are having a healthy mature conversations here. do not accuse people of lying

    your video is from the bronze age.. even exhaustion is resetting WHILE running.

    find a new vod pls.. or something from this patch

    again, learn to respect yourself with your comments

    keep it mature..

  • OHhhh i thought they meant that survivors could just "Boop" a gen back to being not regressing anymore.... welp never mind.

  • You can flag my comments all you want. I proved you wrong by posting an actual test and people will see it so my job is done. ❤️

  • @Yamaoka even this vod which proves nothing since its from a very very old patch

    23 seconds is still nothing compared to 5% regression per 1 failed skill check

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763604#Comment_763604

    You can flag my comments all you want. I proved you wrong by posting an actual test and people will see it so my job is done. ❤️

    great,I appreciate your assistance however people will also see its a very old vod.. devs also did a tweak to gen repair timers if you had just recently started playing dbd.. just saying.

  • How much more do you want it slowed down? It's slow enough as it is. 23 seconds is HUGE in this game.

    Gentapping is fine and Ruin doesn't need to be any stronger than it already is.

  • @harry14141414 said:

    @Yamaoka even this vod which proves nothing since its from a very very old patch

    23 seconds is still nothing compared to 5% regression per 1 failed skill check

    The patch version makes 0% difference. Gens took 80 seconds back then as well. What's your point?

  • @harry14141414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763560#Comment_763560

    your opinion does not necessarily mean it's the truth otherwise why alot of people gen tap ? but yes ,, if you can hit skill checks, ruin skill checks, its obviously faster than tapping

    They Gentap because they are bad at hitting Great Skill Checks. It takes longer than simply doing the Gen without tapping, so you should be happy about every Survivor who gentaps.

    Besides that, fun "statistic" that Ruin is gone 90% of the time before the first Gen is finished. I have seen Ruins which lasted the full game.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763574#Comment_763574

    They Gentap because they are bad at hitting Great Skill Checks. It takes longer than simply doing the Gen without tapping, so you should be happy about every Survivor who gentaps.

    Besides that, fun "statistic" that Ruin is gone 90% of the time before the first Gen is finished. I have seen Ruins which lasted the full game.

    Depends on the map most of the time on how long ruin lasts. The Game has some really nice spots, while some of the older maps just plop totems in the middle of an open field. The new Badham rework made afew of the spots pretty good.

  • only I thought that OP wanted gen tapping to go so survivors can't stop regression during chases?

  • Meghead:TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP


    Wraith: PLEASE...Stop...Tapping.....Your.....GENERATOR


    Meghead:....TAPTAPTAPTAPTATAPTAP

    Untitled Image


  • If you don't want gen tapping there is overcharge

  • @Mochan said:

    How much more do you want it slowed down? It's slow enough as it is. 23 seconds is HUGE in this game.

    Gentapping is fine and Ruin doesn't need to be any stronger than it already is.

    that video is very old, I dont agree on 23 seconds however I asked you how much is the delay if 3 people tapping you seem to ignore certain questions

  • @Akhaten said:

    only I thought that OP wanted gen tapping to go so survivors can't stop regression during chases?

    yep, just you and your own imagination

  • @8obot1c said:

    If you don't want gen tapping there is overcharge

    That still doesn't stop it. I used to run it before surge because I hate when Tinkerer goes off and it doesn't re-trigger because they gentapped.

    They will still be able to hit the skillcheck while getting chased, multiple times. Honestly if they work on a gen for less than a second and get off it should trigger an even harder overcharge without having to use the perk. That's how busted gentapping is.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763574#Comment_763574

    They Gentap because they are bad at hitting Great Skill Checks. It takes longer than simply doing the Gen without tapping, so you should be happy about every Survivor who gentaps.

    Besides that, fun "statistic" that Ruin is gone 90% of the time before the first Gen is finished. I have seen Ruins which lasted the full game.

    did you read the part where it says its RNG based?? i think you did .

    RNG means its luck.. and if you gon tell me ruin doesnt get destroyed early in the game most of the times then I might have to be forced to ask you how many hours have you played dbd :)

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763710#Comment_763710

    That still doesn't stop it. I used to run it before surge because I hate when Tinkerer goes off and it doesn't re-trigger because they gentapped.

    They will still be able to hit the skillcheck while getting chased, multiple times. Honestly if they work on a gen for less than a second and get off it should trigger an even harder overcharge without having to use the perk. That's how busted gentapping is.

    people jsut dont understand.. Im guessing most of commentators are rank 15 level 22 megs

  • @8obot1c said:

    If you don't want gen tapping there is overcharge

    if you think overcharge is hard to hit then ummm... ok

  • @harry14141414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763627#Comment_763627

    did you read the part where it says its RNG based?? i think you did .

    RNG means its luck.. and if you gon tell me ruin doesnt get destroyed early in the game most of the times then I might have to be forced to ask you how many hours have you played dbd :)

    I did not say that it does not get destroyed early. And tbh, just dont use Ruin. PGTW is way better anyway.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763738#Comment_763738

    I did not say that it does not get destroyed early. And tbh, just dont use Ruin. PGTW is way better anyway.

    PGTW is awesome I agree

  • Gen tapping doesn’t work. It’s literally a waste of time, so if you see someone doing it then you’ve bought yourself a ton of seconds

  • I've stopped using Ruin and now I only use corrupt intervention.

  • Full gen gentap w/ high frames + 0 ping (tutorial) [recorded today]:

    https://youtu.be/RMB6Gkf0RX4


  • I gen tap only when facing prayer beads braidead spirit , cause otherwise I'm risking being pulled from gen . When survivor gen tap over ruin (or sometimes random skillcheck from madness) , they're screwing themselves really hard because :

    1 It's lot slower

    2 They don't practice hitting grate/random skillchecks which means they will gen tap more in the future screwing themselves even more

    I never see people gen tap on purple-red ranks , if you complain about that , may be it's you , OP , who is rank 15 ?

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    OHhhh i thought they meant that survivors could just "Boop" a gen back to being not regressing anymore.... welp never mind.

    Same, that is a the real problem though

  • There's not really anything to fix. The whole point of Ruin is to slow generators down until it's cleansed. If they're tapping the generator, they're going way slower than they could be without Ruin. They would be much better off just going for the great skill checks, even if they do miss a few and get goods instead.

    There was a video floating around a while back showing a generator without gen tapping and a generator with gen tapping side by side. The one that was being tapped took way longer (> 30 seconds longer, IIRC).

  • @harry14141414 said:

    I know that at some point in time DEVS said its not an exploit neither its a reportable thing

    but is it really fair to keep this thing in the game ?

    Ruin is already a very RNG based perk and I personally think it DOES not stand for more than 1 gen or even less !!! 90 % of the times.

    this game is evolving in a very astonishing way thanks to the devs and all the hard work with dlc's and events.. silly things such tapping should not stay in this game IMO.

    stay safe in the FOG ladies and gents <3

    It takes AGES to do ruin while gen tapping,so yeah i don't see a problem there.Also only bad survs do it cause they can't hit greats so yeah be grateful for that it's doing it's job at slowing the game down,also idk why are you even using ruin,use dying light with thana much better combo

  • @Peanits said:

    There's not really anything to fix. The whole point of Ruin is to slow generators down until it's cleansed. If they're tapping the generator, they're going way slower than they could be without Ruin. They would be much better off just going for the great skill checks, even if they do miss a few and get goods instead.

    There was a video floating around a while back showing a generator without gen tapping and a generator with gen tapping side by side. The one that was being tapped took way longer (> 30 seconds longer, IIRC).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXwzR-n6nSQ
  • Dude. Gen tapping is a horrible and an ineffective strategy. If I see a survivor do that my immediate response is that he's a noobie, that's how much of a mistake it is.

  • Since I'm in that community since day one, I just try to help <3

    ...and yeah, also I agree, that there's nothing to fix related to gen tabbing. People just have to stop doing that^^


  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763600#Comment_763600

    I literally posted a video proving you wrong. The difference was 23(!) seconds for 1 person. Stop spreading lies.

    I'm not a fan of gen-tapping but its also slow so I don't complain, however as for the video you posted there is a problem...

    Because Ruin skillchecks are RNG and the skill of the player hitting/missing the skillchecks is also a factor Gen-tapping is both faster AND slower than Ruin.

    I've done gens without ever getting a single skillcheck and I've done gens that have had upwards of 10. Because the variables are so sporadic/RNG we cannot say definitely that gen-tapping is better or worst.

    This is an argument that has no winning side.

    As for "gen-tapping a regressing generator" I do wish it took more than a quick tap from a survivor to stop.

  • Gen tapping is really inefficient, it takes twice as long to do a generator, it's easier and faster to work through ruin by hitting the hex skill checks. I don't see a issue. If you really want to gen tap, you're losing time and efficency while the killer patrols.

  • Gen tapping = to slugging in a way

  • What timeline is this where people complain about GEN TAPPING of all things

    We've legitemaly seen it all

‹ 1 2