Devs, are you planning to do anything about ebony mori's, instaheals, keys and toolboxes?
(I was gonna mention Nurse addons, but they're getting reworked anyway) Imho all these things are easily fixed.
For ebony, make it so it only works on the last hook
For keys, make it so that the hatch automatically closes after the key user opens it, and make it only work during EGC
For toolboxes, honestly, just make it so they don't work on gens, but on hooks only, and if you must, buff sabotaging
For instaheals, make it so the heal isn't instant, but over time, but in return, they only lose the add-on, not the medkit itself.
Comments
what is the point if the mori works on the last hook, just hook them for more bloodpoints, make the ebony work on first hook on 1 survivor only,
Mori on the last hook is a dumb waste of time and unless your against a 4 man swf there is no point in using a mori since you get less points
why make toolboxes useless like what
Mate, in ever post I see people whine and cry how ebony should only work on last hook, I can't make everyone happy.
Toolboxes are absolutely busted when in large numbers, that's why.
The only thing I kinda hate but jus have to deal with it till I get Franklin's on every Killer, is when Survivors bring 3-4 Toolboxes or 3-4 Insta heals....It just ruins any fun I could have, where they crank out Gens really fast if I'm not on my main Killers (even then) and having an abundance of Insta Heals (thankfully not too often) where they prolong chases a bit too much. Like I jus want a decent match and be mostly chill...but that def doesn't happen when groups do that. Sometimes (most times) I'm jus not in the mood for that crap and exit that lobby, I play to have fun, not sweat out matches like that where one mistake could mean the game is practically over, esp when I only have so much free time/energy to play games.
Ebony Mori definitely should not be Ultra Rare if that is changed. It would be an uncommon at most.
Key, I like it closing the Hatch after someone uses it (though idk if it should trigger EGC unless there is only one person left), but having it only work during the EGC makes it a lot worse. You'd probably have to change the rarities around to make up for that. I'd be fine with just the first suggestion.
Toolbox idea I don't like. Sabotaging was nerfed to avoid it being too frustrating, so we don't need to buff it. And just having it nerfed without something to compensate doesn't seem very fair.
Insta-heal idea I have no complaints about.
Somebody has gotten pwn'd a few too many games in a row. Don't worry, it can't rain all the time.
Moris should be just a cool way to kill survivors, nothing else. It is way too powerful in its current state, especially on killer like nurse and spirit.
Insta heals should heal you over time , like your suggestion.
I don't agree with the toolbox changes, it will be completely useless if they only work on sabotaging.
I think keys should only work after all gens are done and it should take like 15 seconds to open so you can't just open the hatch in the middle of a chase.
Some killer addons should also get a rework like iridescent head huntress and prayer beads spirit.
Toolboxes are far too powerful, gens to by too fast.
All of them are fine. I just deal with them.
The only thing I would change is making dull keys only work for the user.
Instaheals are the worst in my opinion, I'm fine with toolboxes
If Instaheals go, so should ALL instadowns. See how that works?
I'd personally remove ebony mori. Ivory is good enough. I agree with keys. Only the user should be able to escape, though I wouldn't restrict it to EGC. At any point that the hatch appears, should be fair game. I'm okay with instaheals. Killers have instadowns. Toolboxes are fine as well. Annoying when they want to gen rush ya, but still valid.
Devs probably know why each of these things are problematic for balance for their own reasons (there is no blanket explanation) and they probably have no idea how to deal with them, and so they're gonna let the wound fester by leaving them unaddressed.
Also this isn't a competitive game, so why balance for a competitive environment? lol.
Yes I see that bias of yours quite clearly.
But that’s the same logic you used. So youre the biased one.
It doesn't work that way, though. Not all instadowns are on the level of Styptic Agent or Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe.
Ebonies should only work after ALL survivors have been hooked once (a DC would also count as a token for this). It would still be very strong, but it at least prevents a survivor from being quickly removed from the game as the killer needs to hook all 4 first. I’m fine with keys only allowing the person with the key to escape if they changed ebony. Instaheals can become heal over time when they address bs killer add-ons, you know the usual suspects like prayer beads and iri hatchets. As long as those things exist in current form, so should instaheals.
He wants things he thinks is op from both sides removed, that isn’t bias.
If a vast majority of the community is a complaining about these things and they've been playing for HOURS I don't think there necessarily "fine".
Short answer... NO.
Long Answer... Maybe in the future.
I swear to god this post is made by somebody at least once a week.
I'm a killer main and yes I hate keys and instaheals. When I'm a survivor, I hate moris. I also hate toolboxes because gens go fast enough as is.
But constantly complaining won't do anything. The devs are gonna do what the devs are gonna do. Was there a single post on her asking them to change SWF matchmaking to the highest ranked player on the team? No. I didn't see a single fkin person ask for that, but they just dumped it on us.
So like I said. The devs are gonna do what they're gonna do. Just enjoy the ride or get off.
How about no to all your suggestions? Are those things balanced? Not really. But they are also interesting and rare. That means memorable. If you lose a game because of something like this then it is easy to shrug off. "The only reason I lost was because of XYZ". If every game plays out the same then people will get bored of the game quicker.
75% of the stuff he wants nerfed is for survivors. That is a bias.
I totally agree. It seems to be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I think those things add necessary spice to the game. DBD isn't a competitive game, in the sense that there aren't any real consequences for ranking up or not, so it's not necessary to balance it so that every match is a solid 50/50 going in. It's better in my opinion to aim to make something fun and exciting than something perfectly balanced.
Hey, it's just my opinion.
Moris: make them require the killer to hook all survivors one time before it can be used (cypress = kill anyone during EGC, no hook requirement)
Keys: make it so the hatch only spawns when either all gens are completed, or only one survivor remains. No more early escapes. OP's suggestion would make the achievement too hard to get.
Insta-heal: cannot be used during chases or within terror radius, nerf syringe to only 1.5 health states
Toolboxes: idk, maybe nerf the numbers a bit. I would prefer it if there was a cap on how fast gens could be completed in general, regardless of whether there are toolboxes or how many survivors are there
Both of you are just throwing insults at each other.
Stop.
in my personal opinion, make the lower teir toolboxes only work on hooks, but the purple ones on gens, insta heals are fine as is. Ebony is okay, but i reckon it should be like a timer after first hook to be moried. like how DS takes 60 seconds.
your mori idea wouldnt work. that way the moris would be 100% pointless offerings and might aswell be in every killers basekit. moris are fine.
your key idea seems like a little overkill to me. i would definitely like to add your first suggestion (only the keyholder escapes) to the dull key, though the skeleton key, as an ultra rare item, deserves to hold this kind of power imo. though i'd like to add that the killer should be able to grab the key user out of the hatch, so that he has a chance to interfere with the survivors escape.
toolboxes are honestly fine, what they need to fix are the general objectives.
and lastly, the instaheal idea is a nice one, though i'd say it would be enough to add a skillcheck to it, similar to the brand new part. lets say a failed skillcheck makes oyu lose the add on and a hit skillcheck will heal the person by 1 health state (so the syringe requires 2 skillchecks). i would like to keep your part where only the add on is lost though.
They aren't really rare at all. Sure, it is fun to use ebony mori on killer, but they are also very annoying and unfun to go against for survivors. They only leave bad memories to me.
Yes, they should be pointless. Ebony moris are one of the most overpowered things in the game. One offering shouldn't make your matches twice as easier.
Its not a competitive game, but with those overpowered moris and toxic killers with the EZ, while acting like they are ¨competing¨ in a game they cant die make the whole game stupid and frustrating, nobody wants to wait 3 minutes to get in a game they will die in no time because its fun for the guy using infinite weapons and OPed stuff.
Just to see the same boring animation time after time, they are doing it to get the easy kill while pretending it was fair because if you dont like it ¨blame the devs¨.
Look at this blood hunt event, killers trying to kill survs as fast as possible to make them depip and get only a few BPs.
Name me one instadown that survivors can't counter. Let me even list them for you, including couters:
NOED - do bones
Haunted - don't do bones
Devour - do bones
Myers and Ghostface - Myers can be easily looped before he reaches tier 3, and honestly, if you let GF stalk you out, you need to get better
Iridescent head - she only has 3 hatchets which can be dodged, and she's pretty bad on most maps
Billy and LF - loop them
Pinky finger - it last for 3,5 seconds max, like seriously dude...
MYC - wait until the killer is far enough, then hide... or just loop them
Maybe because survivors are so much stronger than killers of their same caliber?
right, cause Franklin's doesn't exist, and its not like the Mori's will drastically tip the scales in the killers favor either.
no no, the children running around dropping pallets are truly the force to be reckoned with...
why don't we just take out all survivor items AND pallets so that killers will finally have the slaughter simulator they all crave?
If you have nothing to say that'd contribute to this debate, feel free to leave.
A ghostface will eventually stalk you if he’s good, heck, a good ghostface doesn’t let themselves get revealed easily.
Good luck stalking on autohaven/haddonfield is all I'm gonna say.
Those are two maps out of the many we have. Every killer has at least one map that sucks for them.
Devs: No (default fortnite dances)
Okay, look, you can tell me everything, but you can't tell me that GF's exposure is skill based. Have you ever been broken out of stalk even after crouching behind something, because they stared at you for 1 second, and the remaining 0,5 just added itself randomly? Have you ever been broken out by a survivor whom you can't even see? What in the world is one supposed to do about it, except abandon the stalk mechanic, slap on an anti-healing build and just use stealth?
You need to go behind the wall earlier, I believe that there is a delay that will continue revealing you if you don’t hide fast enough.
Still, it's not worth doing, you'll end up wasting more time than the old legion without Frank's mixtape. It's much more effective to get an anti-healing build and not bother stalking.
I know it's your opinion. I apologize if I was being a little rude