Generators must be the next priority of developers.

3 years with the same mechanics, and the developers continue to insist that the time is fine (I totally agree) since it would be boring to continue pressing more than 80 seconds an M1 button. But ... what about dying light, ruin among other benefits? These are benefits that delay generators a bit and increase time, so ...

The generators should be the next priority of the developers once the devs finish with the killers (make significant changes) and addons-reworks of the killers, so I would like to have news soon about what the developers could do in the generators. But there must be something very soon, I hope the devs continue to work and bring us some solution, many players daily complain daily, this is why something fails.

So ... we hope we have something soon.

Comments

  • @Omans said:

    Rank 1 killer/rank 1 survivor every month here.

    The vast majority of my games at rank 1 are 3k's or 4k's. One mistake by the survivor team (running in the direction a Gen was being worked on, taking a wrong turn, even hesitating for a split second) can turn the game into a snowball. The only time I ever feel like I couldn't have gotten at least two kills (a tie, according to the devs) is if I get haddonfield and get into a long first chase. But that speaks more to how bad some maps are, and not killers being too weak.

    When I play survivor, though, the range in skill levels of rank 1 killers is astounding. A GOOD killer will get at least 2 kills if they are skilled and play well. A bad killer at rank 1 won't. That's not to say if a red rank killer gets 0 kills in a game that they are bad. It is VERY easy to lose a game as killer. But that's how it should be..it is 1v4, if the 1 role isn't pressured, it will make it even easier for those who play killer well and optimally. It is already like that for nurse players...

    Yes, if you don't play well, don't end chases quickly, get tunnel-vision, get out mind-gamed, take slow turns around corners, don't cut-off survivors to where you know they want to go, don't have knowledge of which gens are being worked on and which chases you can and cannot take, then yeah, Gen speeds must seem pretty fast.

    I love watching tru3, but seeing him complain while also winning the match is a little ridiculous. And, sorry to say, but he isn't the be-all end-all of killers. He is an above average red rank killer. Yet he 4k's most of his games, even against SWF.

    The fact of the matter is, being efficient and optimal at survivor doesn't take as long as becoming efficient and optimal at killer. If you don't know how to do all the things I mentioned above as a red rank killer, you will get stomped HARD by survivors who you think aren't as good as you. But the thing is, they are better at survivor than you are at killer. And that's why they do gens fast and escape.

    I think the balance is pretty darned good right now, considering this is a 4v1 game, which is pretty darn difficult to balance. After a big map rehaul and nurse nerf, we can see how things are.

    This basically sums up my thoughts exactly. You can use any killer even at rank 1, and through skill at least average 2-3k every game if not more. There will be the occasional bad game, but it isn't the majority. And yes I also can't stand watching people like Tru3 complain. I'm sitting their watching them, hearing them just spout out such salty comments, while 4king several matches in a row with different killers each time. And I'm like bruh...do you even realize how many games you've just completely wrecked all of these survivors since I've been watching? They are all running meta perks, and attempting to gen rush. But they are dead now....calm down.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687855#Comment_687855

    This basically sums up my thoughts exactly. You can use any killer even at rank 1, and through skill at least average 2-3k every game if not more. There will be the occasional bad game, but it isn't the majority. And yes I also can't stand watching people like Tru3 complain. I'm sitting their watching them, hearing them just spout out such salty comments, while 4king several matches in a row with different killers each time. And I'm like bruh...do you even realize how many games you've just completely wrecked all of these survivors since I've been watching? They are all running meta perks, and attempting to gen rush. But they are dead now....calm down.

    And in reality they only attempt the gen rush because they know that otherwise they'll all die since once one survivor is found, it has a snowball effect.


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687771#Comment_687771

    I mean that you see this game not objectively enough. You think that it is not that bad for killers and that killers who complain just need to git gud. You think that a skilled killer will win because of his skill. That's not the reality.

    So I suggest that you start playing killer on a regular basis. If you experience something first-hand, this will broaden your horizon and make you see things differently.

    I've played killer enough. I don't go up to Rank 1, nor do I care to. I can kills survivors if I'm better than them, and I don't when they outplay me.

    I do not see your point.

    It seems to me you're just being brainwashed by killer streamers who want more buffs for themselves and more nerfs tos urvivors.

    People should stop watching streamers, they are bad for the video game community. They turn people into screaming ballistic sheep.


    Seems to me you're the one not seeing the game objectively, if you're actually believing the nonsense "good killer streamers" spew.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I haven't seen the developers state that they think the survivors' objective can get done too fast and there is the need to change something.

    Actually they have acknowledged the gens in previous streams.... they also stated that they were testing secondary objectives..... it's just been so darn long since they mentioned anything about the gens

  • @Mochan said:

    Gens are fine.

    Killers keep pretending they are marginalized third class citizens, but the horrifying truth is that we've been getting three years of major buffs and changes hugely in favor of killers so that it isn't unfair to them like it was back in 2016, and you still get tons of killers here bragging about how easily they get to Rank 1 every reset without even trying.

    Check the "do you care about rank" thread currently on the first page if you don't believe me.

    Gens are fine.

    If the best survivors are out playing you, deal with it. It happens. So what if the devs are rank 20s who balance around where the mass of players are playing? Well done!

    This isn't an esport.

    If the game needs anything, it needs to nerf looping further so that chases are easier for killers BUT additional survivor options to survive by stealthing and juking should be enabled.

    @Mochan Bottom line. Yeah.

    I saw a streamer yesterday claim that “gen times are bad” ....she kept getting evaded because players knew where to hide, yet the next 3 matches, she got 4K in each one (one in the same map) but somehow gens times are bad right? Its like unless they are winning “something must be bad”.

  • @SquidFacedMan said:

    "Good killer streamers" are constantly moaning about the state of the game for killers but are the majority of times walking away with 4k's. If they are matched in the same bracket level with survivors they shouldn't be getting 4ks.

    "Victory" in this game doesn't necessarily mean a 4k as much as people want to believe.

    A draw/even game sits somewhere between 1 sacrificed 3 out or 2 sacrificed 2 out depending on the way the killer plays imho. 3 sacrificed 1 out is a strong killer game. 4 sacrificed is domination.

    Number of kill shouldnt be assimilated for "win" feeling.


    The real win factor for a killer is the number of hooks. Doing 4k is easy, even a noob using Noed proxycamping ghostface will do it.


    Doing 12 hooks in a single game is another song. :)

  • @BloodyNights said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687855#Comment_687855

    This basically sums up my thoughts exactly. You can use any killer even at rank 1, and through skill at least average 2-3k every game if not more. There will be the occasional bad game, but it isn't the majority. And yes I also can't stand watching people like Tru3 complain. I'm sitting their watching them, hearing them just spout out such salty comments, while 4king several matches in a row with different killers each time. And I'm like bruh...do you even realize how many games you've just completely wrecked all of these survivors since I've been watching? They are all running meta perks, and attempting to gen rush. But they are dead now....calm down.

    This precisely.

    You see "good killer" streamers who are destroying survivor SWF teams like nobody's business, and they still whine and complain. What, seriously??

    You people need to look beneath the surface. These are STREAMERS. They are professionals who make money by attracting viewers. When they are destroying the enemy team and still whining, either they are a.) The True Scum of Humanity or b.) toeing the line as a streamer to get you invested in their cult of personality and subscribe to their stream. Neither are worthy of your time or respect.

    Don't be sheep people. Think a little. Streamers overdramatize and sensationalize things and make it an "us vs. them" story because making things bi-partisan is a great way to get followers (and thus money). Politicians do it all the time.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687717#Comment_687717

    I'll never understand how people believe Overwatch is balanced for high level play, I stopped playing that game because of how Blizzard flat refused to balance the game for people that knew how to play it.

    In its entire existance, Bastion and Mei have never been anything but a joke to people that can aim because if Blizz made them even remotely competitively viable they knew bad players would throw a ######### fit. They are so lazy with balancing changes its outrageous, instead of buffing characters to actually work as a counter to team strategies consisting of stacking heros they threw up their hands in defeat and flat out removed the ability to even have more than one of the same character on a team. A core part of their game they had hyped up. A joke of a game that centers their balance changes more on community outcry than healthy gameplay, the TF2 pro scene that plays nothing like the game it comes from and is developed entirely by its own community is miles better than whatever crap Blizzard's dedicated paid teams spew out.

    @PeepingPeacock I agree with what you said. What I referred to is that fact that over the past year, the OWL players (and the League executives themselves) have had way too much influence on "hero balance" for the game.

    Let's look at the last Sombra nerfs. She was buffed, for all of two days, until OWL players threw a hissy fit about her. She was nerfed within 72 hours without even a test on the nerfs, first.

    OWL viewership was declining with GOATS. It didn't take a genius to see that after being unable to nerf enough to force GOATS out of the Meta, that the 2-2-2 RoleQ was implemented purely as a method to save OWL viewership. Not to mention, a lot of OWL players who were DPS mains and sick of being forced into Tank or Support for GOATS were very vocal about wanting a forced 2-2-2 composition.

    Overwatch has been run and changed as needed purely for OWL viewership for too long now.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Mochan I have no idea why the devs don't want to balance this game around good players. DbD could be a lot more successful. It feels like so much wasted potential.

    if this game was strictly balanced around good players this game wouldn't last another year

  • So you want them to increase generator repair time again, right? How many more times?

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687802#Comment_687802

    Number of kill shouldnt be assimilated for "win" feeling.

    The real win factor for a killer is the number of hooks. Doing 4k is easy, even a noob using Noed proxycamping ghostface will do it.

    Doing 12 hooks in a single game is another song. :)

    You shouldn't be getting 12 hooks if the survivors are on the same level as you. That's my point. Killers are moaning that they can't destroy constantly. It's ridiculous.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687775#Comment_687775

    if this game was strictly balanced around good players this game wouldn't last another year

    Do you think that the majority of players doesn't want to play a fair, balanced game?

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687022#Comment_687022

    Actually they have acknowledged the gens in previous streams.... they also stated that they were testing secondary objectives..... it's just been so darn long since they mentioned anything about the gens

    I haven't heard/seen them clearly state that. From what I read here on the forums, I cannot find any indication that they want to increase the time for the survivors' objective.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688139#Comment_688139

    Do you think that the majority of players doesn't want to play a fair, balanced game?

    You do realize that the majority of players aren't the upper 1% you want to balance the game around, right?

  • Generators aren't the issue. The maps are. All of the old maps need a serious rework.

  • @bubbascal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687022#Comment_687022

    But this is actually the case. Two Survivors on a single gen get it done way too quickly without factoring in items, Great Skill Checks or perks. Gens themselves need to change. The time reduction when multiple Survivors are on a gen needs to be decreased so the Killer has more time to actually play the game.

    People seem to forget that the Killer is just another person who wants to play the game as well. Not a NPC who does not care if they are unable to actually do anything that requires time.

    The devs are confirmed rank 20s, as shown by not_Queen's streams. They have a biased POV and balance the game around it as a result.

    The counter to this is "They design the game, they don't have the time to play it!"

    And to this I say "true". But BECAUSE they don't have the time to play the game, they need to reach out to people of all ranks for input. Not just pure white ranks.

    Did you read what you just wrote? Why would gen times decrease when more than one person is working on the same gen? Gens are supposed to be faster when multiple people work on the same one. Hell, you would want everyone on one generator cause that means no one is working on the others

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688139#Comment_688139

    Do you think that the majority of players doesn't want to play a fair, balanced game?

    you want games to actually appeal to new players do you want this game to literally have zero playerbase cept veterans?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687705#Comment_687705

    Exactly. If a killer is more skilled than the survivors, he should always win. But with the current unbalanced state of the game, this doesn't happen.

    I would love to play a DbD where the outcome of a match was decided by skill.

    The person I was replying to said that if you are better then you’ll win, in my experience this is true.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688234#Comment_688234

    you want games to actually appeal to new players do you want this game to literally have zero playerbase cept veterans?

    This is not how it works. A videogame being balanced and successful doesn't contradict. It's normal that new players have to practice.

  • These perks are slowdown gen perks, but they can easily be ignored and many times virtually have no effect.

    Hex: Ruin - It's a hex perk for starters, that should be easily explained on its own. We already know good survivors can power through Ruin, so not really slowing anything down

    Overcharge - Anyone with decent knowledge and ability with skill checks can hit this one

    Hex: Lullaby - Once again it's a hex perk. You know of its existence immediately upon the first skill check and requires 3-4 tokens to have any real affects (can be destroyed before reaching that point). Also some survivors easily ignore the perk effects

    Surveillance - I don't personally see how this is a slowdown perk. Knowing someone is working on a gen you just kicked is useful, but not slowdown worthy especially if there's little progress on it already

    PGTW - definitely a true slowdown perk, not much survivors can do to prevent it

    Discordance - Good at separating many survivors on one gen. But nothing stopping a survivor from immediately returning to it

    Corrupt Intervention - survivors just ignore the perk for its 2 minutes and hide. Not likely you'll find many survivors during this. I have gone through the whole 2 mins many times and not find one survivor

    Thrilling Tremors - I personally wouldn't count this as slowdown perk. 16 seconds is really nothing and if a survivor is on the gen then no time is loss from them

    Surge - An absolute garbage perk right now, will do nothing to slowdown the game unless specifically on small maps. Even then not a good perk

    This is all my personal opinion though

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687737#Comment_687737

    The person I was replying to said that if you are better then you’ll win, in my experience this is true.

    Not really. If the killer is better than the survivors by a big difference, he will win. If he is only a bit better, he will not win.

    I'm not including being "outskilled" by keys and insta-heals.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688332#Comment_688332

    Not really. If the killer is better than the survivors by a big difference, he will win. If he is only a bit better, he will not win.

    I'm not including being "outskilled" by keys and insta-heals.

    I manage to win the majority of my games as killer even with these items in play, a lot of people don’t stay calm when gens start going so they start making tons of mistakes.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I haven't seen the developers state that they think the survivors' objective can get done too fast and there is the need to change something.

    Actually, here's a quote from @Peanits:

    @NMCKE said:

    Prologue

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/484/XLSDN1S2CAD8.png

    It's getting real tiring to power through generators with Ruin, and I understand that killers need a that time to get sacrifices... but man, it feels so terrible to stay in one place for the majority of the game, ya know? I, and as well as the community, want the monotonous time we spend repairing generators be dispersed into other small, fun tasks.

    I know you get told this a lot as the developers of Dead By Daylight, so instead of suggesting something, I would like to know if you have anything planned to shake things up for survivors. It's okay if you don't have an exact date or a Soon™ to share, but something as small as "We are thinking about it" or "It's definitely possible in the future" will really soothe us! :)

    I already suggested something to mix things up for survivors, click the link below to see my suggestion if you're at all curious! 🙂

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/75881/secondary-survivor-objective-bringing-fun-back-updated

    @Peanits

    It's definitely something that's being considered, but there are no solid plans I can share.

    It's trickier than it seems. Increasing the times a bit doesn't slow the game down much (even if you add 20 seconds to a generator making it 100 seconds, that only adds an extra 100 seconds over the course of the game, some of which can be done simultaneously).

    Meanwhile, reducing that time and adding additional objectives around the map removes points of contention. Suddenly it's way harder to find survivors because they're not clustered around generators, they're spread out all over sneaking around.

    And then there's always the conundrum of 'if it's harder, it's more fair for the top 5%, but less fair for everyone else' thing.

    We are trying to see what we can do though, but it's definitely a lot more complicated than adding a new objective and calling it a day.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688346#Comment_688346

    I manage to win the majority of my games as killer even with these items in play, a lot of people don’t stay calm when gens start going so they start making tons of mistakes.

    Good for you.

  • @NMCKE Thanks for looking up & posting that quote! 👍️

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688234#Comment_688234

    you want games to actually appeal to new players do you want this game to literally have zero playerbase cept veterans?

    That is what they are doing, sooner or later the database of this game will be only new players with 100-200 hours, we will say to the veteran goodbye

  • Now, this game is about broken killers vs genrushing, and this wont change, because devs want to keep the unskilled and boring "press M1 and win" mechanic into the game, and keep those 95% unskilled survs who want to win EZ.

    Remember they need 4 survs for each killer, its impossible devs want to change things and make a game where skill is needed to escape.

  • You can't possibly expect gen times to be increased when there is literally an array of perks to choose from that aid with slowing down gens. Like at some point it will become overkill.

    Personally I think where the problem lies is Mobility for killers. Some obviously have better mobility than others and the Freddy rework is a testament of that. Freddy can pressure gens better than he ever could before, mainly because he can teleport.

    You can't simplify it with "I did bad in this match because I got gen rushed".... That's why Peanits is saying it's not as simple as some of you think. They need to find some creative ways where it's not just increasing the time on something or adding another objective.

    A solution that just buys you more time because you couldn't loop and outplay a survivor... because you couldn't take your eyes off of that survivor you tunneled... because you chose to not pay attention to gens being worked on vs not while in a chase... because you chose not to break chase when it was required... etc is not a Solution. It's just buying you time.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    You can't possibly expect gen times to be increased when there is literally an array of perks to choose from that aid with slowing down gens. Like at some point it will become overkill.

    Personally I think where the problem lies is Mobility for killers. Some obviously have better mobility than others and the Freddy rework is a testament of that. Freddy can pressure gens better than he ever could before, mainly because he can teleport.

    You can't simplify it with "I did bad in this match because I got gen rushed".... That's why Peanits is saying it's not as simple as some of you think. They need to find some creative ways where it's not just increasing the time on something or adding another objective.

    A solution that just buys you more time because you couldn't loop and outplay a survivor... because you couldn't take your eyes off of that survivor you tunneled... because you chose to not pay attention to gens being worked on vs not while in a chase... because you chose not to break chase when it was required... etc is not a Solution. It's just buying you time.

    I do not think it is not the solution that all killers have the ability to do Tps ....

    The current game does not seem fun, it becomes very repetitive, playing killer is the most fun but because of the state of the game it becomes tired, on the other hand, survivor is very easy, repair generators and if you want to stay hidden, as I say. .. boring pressing a button for + -80s. I would do something else to make it more fun, in addition to rework all the maps.

  • I wonder what it would be like if there were 2 more gens spawned in but each individual gen takes 40 seconds longer.

    I would prefer a gas up action everytime a gen is started. Reduce the individual time taken per gen repair by 15 seconds. Every full gas can is equivalent charges to fulfill a full gen repair.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687638#Comment_687638

    In that case i'm sorry i misunderstood.

    I read it as "bhvr never fixes things 3 years and still gen issues"

    Np.

  • I want to see how archives effect the game...

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I wonder what it would be like if there were 2 more gens spawned in but each individual gen takes 40 seconds longer.

    I would prefer a gas up action everytime a gen is started. Reduce the individual time taken per gen repair by 15 seconds. Every full gas can is equivalent charges to fulfill a full gen repair.

    That's actually a huge buff to survivors. More gens for killer to worry about patrolling, and the slight extra time needed to complete them can be offset with stealth tactics.

    I'm actually not against it, it will allow for more stealth player, but I can't imagine killers are going to be happy with the result.

    The gas can idea we've been throwing around for the past year will achieve similar results and encourage more stealth and evasion. I'm sure a lot of killers will feel frustrated and whine about how they can't find any survivors.

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    3 years with the same mechanics, and the developers continue to insist that the time is fine (I totally agree) since it would be boring to continue pressing more than 80 seconds an M1 button. But ... what about dying light, ruin among other benefits? These are benefits that delay generators a bit and increase time, so ...

    The generators should be the next priority of the developers once the devs finish with the killers (make significant changes) and addons-reworks of the killers, so I would like to have news soon about what the developers could do in the generators. But there must be something very soon, I hope the devs continue to work and bring us some solution, many players daily complain daily, this is why something fails.

    So ... we hope we have something soon.

    The simplest solution is to give all killers a chase tool and a map pressure tool. Just buff the lower tier killers and make Freddy level the normal level of killers.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687782#Comment_687782

    I've played killer enough. I don't go up to Rank 1, nor do I care to. I can kills survivors if I'm better than them, and I don't when they outplay me.

    I do not see your point.

    It seems to me you're just being brainwashed by killer streamers who want more buffs for themselves and more nerfs tos urvivors.

    People should stop watching streamers, they are bad for the video game community. They turn people into screaming ballistic sheep.

    Seems to me you're the one not seeing the game objectively, if you're actually believing the nonsense "good killer streamers" spew.

    Screaming ballistic sheep 😂😂😂 I'm dying

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688139#Comment_688139

    Do you think that the majority of players doesn't want to play a fair, balanced game?

    You balance around the large majority, not the small minority. Truth is, the large majority of survivors at rank 1 are complete idiots because like Mochan said, this is a casual game. You don't balance the entire game around the 5% of players that are as good as Zubat. The balance right now is actually very good considering the type of game it is.

  • You killers already post many threads about long que times (aside from ps4 players) try making gens longer/2nd objective and you will really be having fun in a lobby simulator...

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688234#Comment_688234

    You balance around the large majority, not the small minority. Truth is, the large majority of survivors at rank 1 are complete idiots because like Mochan said, this is a casual game. You don't balance the entire game around the 5% of players that are as good as Zubat. The balance right now is actually very good considering the type of game it is.

    You balance any game around its top players, not around casual players. That's the only way balancing can work.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706797#Comment_706797

    You balance any game around its top players, not around casual players. That's the only way balancing can work.

    The "top players" are extremely uncommon. If you balance around the 500 really good players in the the game when there are 15,000 that are average and below average you're going to be ######### over the experience of the majority and upset the larger demographic. You don't balance around the top in a game like this.

    It's the exact same for Nurse then I guess. Nerf Nurse as a whole because there are a few god Nurses in the game.

  • @Th3Nightmare ruin does it’s job. Thanataphobia and dying light also work so I don’t understand why you are complaining. If some survivors can hit ruin skill checks, that’s fine just deal with it because all survivors aren’t noobs

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706950#Comment_706950

    The "top players" are extremely uncommon. If you balance around the 500 really good players in the the game when there are 15,000 that are average and below average you're going to be ######### over the experience of the majority and upset the larger demographic. You don't balance around the top in a game like this.

    It's the exact same for Nurse then I guess. Nerf Nurse as a whole because there are a few god Nurses in the game.

    I mean, yes, that is what is going to happen. Nurse is indeed getting nerfed because there a few players who are too powerful with her using her best add-ons.

    If the devs would follow the rule of "balancing for the casual player", then Nurse would need to get buffed instead of nerfed.

    The devs need to be consequent. If they balance some aspects of the game around the top players and other aspects around casuals, this cannot work at all.

  • What exactly is your co concern with gens? You want Devs to make gens Instead of you?

1 2 ›