Chase music is too high i can't track

Seriously this is one of most annoying for me thing right now, i play on console,i have to deal inconsistent fps, and lower sensitivity yet, now also this.. please change it

Comments

  • Get that ear wax out.

    Chase music seems fine to me.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Get that ear wax out.

    Chase music seems fine to me.

    Wouldn't that just make the music louder anyway?

    And are you saying a slider for music volume is bad? Because that's all everyone wants

  • @Regionlock said:

    yeah, while were at please make survivor grunts louder because nobody uses a decent headset in 2019. My movement as a killer is much slower and I have no gap closers, I need more help please dev. Ty

    Yeah you're full of ######### survivor main and have no clue. Without a headset you can't hear jack, and with it all you hear is circus chase music. Its akin to if when you survivor turn around instead of seeing the killer and the red stain you see a wall of red light, completing negating one of your senses. This is worse because there's one killer, at least you'd have 3 survivors still doing gens etc.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679671#Comment_679671

    Wouldn't that just make the music louder anyway?

    And are you saying a slider for music volume is bad? Because that's all everyone wants

    No, it means some of us can hear survivors through the music.

    Some people on here legit want the easy way. No surprise there though.

    Spirit mains would have a field day, she is already OP as it is in instances where she can hear exactly where the survivor is grunting. We don’t need it broken.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679677#Comment_679677

    No, it means some of us can hear survivors through the music.

    Some people on here legit want the easy way. No surprise there though.

    Spirit mains would have a field day, she is already OP as it is in instances where she can hear exactly where the survivor is grunting. We don’t need it broken.

    Gotta disagree with you here. If I'm wearing a decent head set (I do) and running Stridor and you're injured and loss hearing of grunts of pain because the music is too loud, it's not wanting my hand held. It's wanting to get full use out of perks.

    Also, it's not even all from a competitive advantage standpoint. I just think the music is annoyingly loud if I have to shout into my headset like some old man because I can't even hear my own voice. It's just obnoxious and unfun (like mashing x to struggle).

  • Anyone notice footsteps are impossible to hear right next to you, but become louder the further away a survivor gets before fading off?

  • No. Being able to hear survivors’ FOOTSTEPS all the time will be insanely busted.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679683#Comment_679683

    Gotta disagree with you here. If I'm wearing a decent head set (I do) and running Stridor and you're injured and loss hearing of grunts of pain because the music is too loud, it's not wanting my hand held. It's wanting to get full use out of perks.

    Also, it's not even all from a competitive advantage standpoint. I just think the music is annoyingly loud if I have to shout into my headset like some old man because I can't even hear my own voice. It's just obnoxious and unfun (like mashing x to struggle).

    @malloymk Yesterday I was doing a Spirit ritual (I never play her) and I could hear exactly where the survivor was grunting while I was phasing.

    Not saying I’m a Spirit expert but if I can hear it that clear, I can’t imagine some killers not having an extremely good advantage... and most of all with a character that you can only half way predict where she is coming from.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679691#Comment_679691

    @malloymk Yesterday I was doing a Spirit ritual (I never play her) and I could hear exactly where the survivor was grunting while I was phasing.

    Not saying I’m a Spirit expert but if I can hear it that clear, I can’t imagine some killers not having an extremely good advantage... and most of all with a character that you can only half way predict where she is coming from.

    Spirit phase walking is fine as it is, but literally that's just one killer.

    Also, the music is just too loud period. For killers and survivors. If Stridor is effected my chase and end game music, then there definitely is an issue.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679683#Comment_679683

    Gotta disagree with you here. If I'm wearing a decent head set (I do) and running Stridor and you're injured and loss hearing of grunts of pain because the music is too loud, it's not wanting my hand held. It's wanting to get full use out of perks.

    Also, it's not even all from a competitive advantage standpoint. I just think the music is annoyingly loud if I have to shout into my headset like some old man because I can't even hear my own voice. It's just obnoxious and unfun (like mashing x to struggle).

    You can't argue with survivors, they will anything to annoying killers

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679698#Comment_679698

    Spirit phase walking is fine as it is, but literally that's just one killer.

    Also, the music is just too loud period. For killers and survivors. If Stridor is effected my chase and end game music, then there definitely is an issue.

    @malloymk Spirit Phase is fine as it is at the moment and so is the chase music.

  • Yeah. Like talking to a wall. Maybe the chase music is too loud and Johnny just can't hear me.

    Obviously agree to disagree at this point.

    For one killer while using their specific power to hear better because they can't see survivors, the sound is fine therefore it's fine for everyone. Close thread I guess.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679691#Comment_679691

    @malloymk Yesterday I was doing a Spirit ritual (I never play her) and I could hear exactly where the survivor was grunting while I was phasing.

    Not saying I’m a Spirit expert but if I can hear it that clear, I can’t imagine some killers not having an extremely good advantage... and most of all with a character that you can only half way predict where she is coming from.

    That's because the music stops being loud when you phase... how did you fail to notice that?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679698#Comment_679698

    That's because the music stops being loud when you phase... how did you fail to notice that?

    @Weck How did you fail to notice that I said I don’t play her, I was doing a ritual.

    Point still being... the music lowers (which is borderline OP, IMO) and you want it even lower than that?

    No thanks.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679727#Comment_679727

    @Weck How did you fail to notice that I said I don’t play her, I was doing a ritual.

    Point still being... the music lowers (which is borderline OP, IMO) and you want it even lower than that?

    No thanks.

    I don't want the music to lower for spirit.

    I want it to lower in general.

    Your opinion is wrong, the game was designed around using your ears. The music stops that

  • @malloymk said:

    Yeah. Like talking to a wall. Maybe the chase music is too loud and Johnny just can't hear me.

    Obviously agree to disagree at this point.

    For one killer while using their specific power to hear better because they can't see survivors, the sound is fine therefore it's fine for everyone. Close thread I guess.

    You’re funny. :)

    ”Killer can hear better because they can’t see survivors.”

    Now that’s funny. Somehow you’re deaf and your killer is now blind too? Lol

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679725#Comment_679725

    You’re funny. :)

    ”Killer can hear better because they can’t see survivors.”

    Now that’s funny. Somehow you’re deaf and your killer is now blind too? Lol

    When you phase walk as spirit you can't see survivors.

    Read better to post better.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679691#Comment_679691

    @malloymk Yesterday I was doing a Spirit ritual (I never play her) and I could hear exactly where the survivor was grunting while I was phasing.

    Not saying I’m a Spirit expert but if I can hear it that clear, I can’t imagine some killers not having an extremely good advantage... and most of all with a character that you can only half way predict where she is coming from.

    The issue people are complaining about here is the chase music which isn't active when you're phasing.

  • It's kinda loud yea, but I'm pretty sure the Devs have said it's supposed to be. I could be wrong, and it does mess me up in chases. But the main thing it does is make me jump when I don't see the Survivor first.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    It's kinda loud yea, but I'm pretty sure the Devs have said it's supposed to be. I could be wrong, and it does mess me up in chases. But the main thing it does is make me jump when I don't see the Survivor first.

    You would be mistaken. No one at BHVR has ever said that, in fact, they’ve said the exact opposite. Just watch the old devs streams. They’ve said it on at least 5 streams.

  • @Kaelum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680731#Comment_680731

    You would be mistaken. No one at BHVR has ever said that, in fact, they’ve said the exact opposite. Just watch the old devs streams. They’ve said it on at least 5 streams.

    Then I'll double check. Thank you for the info

  • Can survivors hear the footsteps of killers already? When I'm playing killer all I can hear are my own feet, especially Ghost Face. But they can all sneak up if the TR isn't playing due to perks or powers.

  • @Coriander said:

    Can survivors hear the footsteps of killers already? When I'm playing killer all I can hear are my own feet, especially Ghost Face. But they can all sneak up if the TR isn't playing due to perks or powers.

    I've never heard a killer's footsteps while playing survivor. But that's me, and I have trouble distinguishing sounds. To me, being able to hear a killer's footsteps and breathing seems like an amazing superpower that I really wish I had.

  • @Coriander said:

    Can survivors hear the footsteps of killers already? When I'm playing killer all I can hear are my own feet, especially Ghost Face. But they can all sneak up if the TR isn't playing due to perks or powers.

    You can hear the killer's footsteps and breathing when the killer doesn't have a terror radius and you're not in a chase. Terror heartbeat & chase music are too loud to also hear footsteps & breathing at the same time, at least that is how it is for me.


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680781#Comment_680781

    You can hear the killer's footsteps and breathing when the killer doesn't have a terror radius and you're not in a chase. Terror heartbeat & chase music are too loud to also hear footsteps & breathing at the same time, at least that is how it is for me.

    Exactly. My ears aren't even accustomed to hearing those sounds. I was playing on The Game the other day, crouching my way downtown when I heard a loud thumping noise. My brain wasn't fast enough to process those sounds and it scared the ######### out of me when Wraith uncloaked next to me a second later. Man that was hilarious, probably for him too because I jolted my mouse around like crazy.

  • @Sigel667 That sounds funny! It can also be pretty scare when you suddenly hear Michael or Piggy breathing. 😄

  • Yeah, I had my fair share of Michaels breathing done my neck. :D

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    The loud chase music is awful. Way, way too loud. I can't hear anything over it. It was nice when for a couple weeks chase music was lower and I could actually hear things, but then suddenly it went back to being ear-blasting and has stayed that way since.

    Adding loud music to a game is not how you balance it. Make sounds the correct volume, and then let players adjust the volume of the in-game music. Chase music shouldn't cause deafness to cover up sounds that are too loud. I mean, I assume that's why the chase music is so loud with no volume-slider option. I've played other games that include stealth and they let players completely turn off the music; they don't force players to go deaf from it just to cover up the enemy's sounds. If you'd rather hear footsteps than music, that's cool with them, it's the player's choice.

    This is a huge problem. When the chase music went back to being too loud, I started playing just one match a day as survivor and killer to do the dailies, that's it. When you add the loud chase music to all the other problems with the game on the PS4, it's just not worth putting time into.

    So much this!

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679683#Comment_679683

    Gotta disagree with you here. If I'm wearing a decent head set (I do) and running Stridor and you're injured and loss hearing of grunts of pain because the music is too loud, it's not wanting my hand held. It's wanting to get full use out of perks.

    Also, it's not even all from a competitive advantage standpoint. I just think the music is annoyingly loud if I have to shout into my headset like some old man because I can't even hear my own voice. It's just obnoxious and unfun (like mashing x to struggle).

    Exactly its unenjoyable... how is the probable massive amount of noobies going to feel about not being able to adjust their own chase music to the level they want in order to be able to have a pleasant experience while chilling with their friends..

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    Seriously this is one of most annoying for me thing right now, i play on console,i have to deal inconsistent fps, and lower sensitivity yet, now also this.. please change it

    Agreed 100%👂

  • It is a big problem, we need a slider

  • keep this thread alive, seriously i can't continue to play killer like this, especially on corn maps

  • Hard to chase Survivors when your ears are being blasted by volumes as high as the Lampkin Lane glitched audio...

    Now there was something that surpassed 100% audio... Jeez...

  • Chase music was already reduced a long time ago.

    There's no pleasing some people.

  • @Mochan said:

    Chase music was already reduced a long time ago.

    There's no pleasing some people.

    And then increased back up

  • @mochan yes then they increased the volume again... it's called balance and not becoming deaf, not pleasing

  • Playing DbD: "I think my headset is bad"

    Playing Rainbow Six:"My headset is rly good"



    My opinion:

    The game should not have a skill limit.

    And the DbD sound system is a skill limit.

    Audio settings for the music would be great.

1 2 ›