The Trend I See with Killer Mains

Why is it with each update is there a new thing to complain about? Originally it was vaulting, that got nerfed into the ground. Then it was Exhaustion perks that got nerfed. Then it was DS that got nerfed after a while. Then it was Borrowed Time, that perk has been through the wringer. Throughout all that time only a few people has once complained about Generator time, then now it's all the rage. Why does it seem like every time survivors has to adapt a new playstyle just to be able to survive this happens?

Even they complain about SWF but nobody really wants to play with a group of people who just UE their way around the map or get down after 10 seconds of a chase, or farm their own teammate because they want to get their alturism points. Hence why people get a group together, it's inevitable. Killers aren't to suppose to always get 4ks and survivors aren't suppose to always survive. For some reason that pisses off a lot of players but that's how the game is suppose to be.

I'm not talking about all Killers of course but quite a few.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655442#Comment_655442

    But it does make a difference. It makes a slight difference, and up to 4 of them can be played at once, which when added up, makes a significant difference.

    Seriously, the fact you are arguing that it's apparently nonsense that a killer is allowed to hook a survivor when they down said survivor isn't making you look too good right now.

    You can get your hooks that's fine but what's not fine is two survivors hooked right next to each other to be easily camped that's the issue I have with it.

  • Did you just say borrowed time got nerfed into the ground? What drugs are you on and where can I get some of them?

    (No longer a single use perk and you can mend YOURSELF now unlike with the endurance effect where you either self cared or you got someone else to heal you)

  • You can make quite some discoveries when all Survivors suddenly use the same tactics.

    Adrenaline used to be pretty rare from my perspective.

    And now it's not that uncommon to see 4 of them pop back to healthy.

    Not saying that's OP, I'm saying that something gets nerfed, so they'll find something else, abuse the ######### out of it and it'll hardly go by unnoticed.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    Even they complain about SWF but nobody really wants to play with a group of people who just UE their way around the map or get down after 10 seconds of a chase, or farm their own teammate because they want to get their alturism points. Hence why people get a group together, it's inevitable. Killers aren't to suppose to always get 4ks and survivors aren't suppose to always survive. For some reason that pisses off a lot of players but that's how the game is suppose to be.

    I agree - it's frustrating when there's a lack of coordination and teammates are not doing objectives. However, what makes this game special is that lack of communication and coordination; survivors trapped in a strange new world and haphazardly trying to get out. I feel that voice comms spoils that atmosphere. It's not meant to be a FPS game like COD or Fortnite. However, I feel that killers are balanced somewhere between solo and SWF. Hence the sense of needing to team up with competant players - I play SWF myself sometimes.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/83784/the-trend-i-see-with-killer-mains

    Thinking DS was fine the way it used to be (It wasn't fine) is... oof. You can't look at old DS and seriously think that was balanced, can you?

    Borrowed Time needed to be nerfed. People would just go in and rescue with zero consequences because that's what the perk allowed people to do. It made it impossible for Killers to defend their objective at all, which they have the right to do. Borrowed Time has also literally be consistently buffed the past year.

    Vaulting got changed because infinites caused by fast vaulting places that are not supposed to be fast vaultable breaks the balance of a lot of maps. Who would have thought?

    People have always been complaining about how fast gens can be done, especially since the depip squad showed how easy it is to do. I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    People complain about SWF because the game literally was not balanced with communication in mind. Therefore, it's no surprise that SWF breaks the balance of the game and people (justifiably) complain about it.

    Give this man a cookie! After reading all this thread, I have to say that this guy knows.

    I've been playing since Bubba's release and I have to say that this game has changed for the best. I love this version of the game, without cookie mold metas (like if you don't run certain perks you lose!!)

    As a killer main myself, now I love playing survivor because I have OPTIONS. I can go super altruistic or gen jokey. And as killer, I used to feel forced to play using the meta: "Ruin" and "BBQ" (that's why I understand "Decisive Strike's widows"). But now we have "corrupt intervention" and "Pop goes the weasel" and many more to come, so we have more options and we can break the mold of the old meta.

    I use to think that running away from the killer was easy, but surprise!! It's hard!! When I play killer I see survivors running me more than a minute. That survivor has practiced a lot to play like that and I respect that (except when they BM but that's a totally different topic). If you feel the game is unbalanced, it's because you need to play both sides. Playing one side or the other feels like two totally different games.

  • Meh... Most nerfs were justified and I don’t see them changing the gen time. I don’t believe they should anyways.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655418#Comment_655418

    Yeah, them totem placement buffs.

    https://i.imgur.com/63cqf3T.png

    https://i.imgur.com/JHFVpXV.png

    https://i.imgur.com/MPCNuMS.png

    https://i.imgur.com/Q4kxBTy.png

    I can't possibly imagine why they were changed. None at all.

    Oh wait, the totems still spawn in those locations.

    And next to hooks.

    And next to generators!?

    Oh...

    *shows 4 images of the exact same totem*

    Yeah ok

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655515#Comment_655515

    I think you need to get your eyes checked.

    But let's pretend it was the same totem -- do you not think being able to find the same totem standing out in the open that's as obvious as an unpopped zit not a problem in of itself?

    It is the exact same totem because the 4 spawns you screenshottes only appear once per match.

    If you had Spawn 1 f.e then spawn 4 wouldn't show up, I've played this game since winter Solstice 2017 (just before the SAW chapter was released) and I've played my fair share of infinite ward.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655387#Comment_655387

    Okay I understand that but nerfing survivors some more and giving them more M1 or LB isn't the solution, adding a secondary objective isn't the way to go either remember the last even with the flowers? Survivors got murdered.

    The hollowed blight event was a mess due to the fact so many ppl just wanted to farm instead of actually play. How do you think your game is going to go when one of your teammates just farmed flowers when the match started, then found the killer to suicide on hook and start another game? The year of the Pig event was abit better with giving a secondary objective, due to it hashing out points that required you to actually play the match. Survivors had to look for something OTHER than gens, which used up time. On the other hand, killers were incentivized to leave hooks due to them having to hunt down lanterns while the survivor was on the hook.

  • I belive Killers speed is the reasson why we are arguing here. Make more objectives - Makes game more tedious, make new actions for survivors, wont do much either ...


    I belive from my opinion. Two things needs to be done. I feel like Survivors are extremely fast at looping, even faster then a killer. Game needs to be more focused on mindgames, add beds, closets etc. so survivors have more hiding spots. Nerf scratches, because they support chases. Make killers considerably faster. From my point of view, This game became action packed game instead of horror one, and Survivors have really much easier game then killers. Unless Nurse or the spirit is picked.


    Also Hex Totems should be better hidden and dont light like lighthouses, my opinion overall.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655387#Comment_655387

    Okay I understand that but nerfing survivors some more and giving them more M1 or LB isn't the solution, adding a secondary objective isn't the way to go either remember the last even with the flowers? Survivors got murdered.

    Time for a history lesson.

    The reason survivors were dying during the Hallowed Blight event was not because of the secondary objective, but simply because they chose to. The devs made the event too grinding, and survivors quickly discovered that it was easier to just max out the vials, suicide/get killed, and move on to another trial. This led to a spike in deaths even among those who didn't do that (because they were outnumbered by the ones who did).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655523#Comment_655523

    Who cares if another totem that's as equally obvious can show up in the same game or not? The problem is the fact such obvious spawns happens in the first place. And it happens -- A LOT.

    One totem being that obvious is one totem too many. It doesn't matter if two, three, or sixty-nine can show up that are just as obvious.

    My offer still stands, by the way.

    Well where else can they put them? I don't want totems to be ridiculously hard to find as it'll become a chore and killers will get guaranteed kills (buffing totem spots buffs several hex perks including NOED)

    Some totems are hard to find anyway

  • As for totems. Nerf the hex perks, and get rid of totems. Or leave the totems as an optional bloodpoints objective. Either way, as they are now, they are almost useless perks to run as many times before you can even scput your first generator ypur hex is gone. But if the totems are hid too well then everyone complains. Get rid of them and just lower the power level of the perks themselves.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655344#Comment_655344

    ...true is an exact 50/50 player.....shows you know very little of him

    Content creators are not to be trusted when talking about balance especially since many of them have certain demographics killer main/survivor main so they will most likely talk about the side that most of their demographic plays and how it needs buffs. Calling them data isn't correct. It's very anecdotal. I could list real data from the devs to argue the game is balanced but people will scream fake...


    As for the actual thread killers do need some buffs still the game is still unbalanced a fair bit. It's way better nowadays but we have a few killers that need slight buffs ect. And if we're buffing solo play up to SWF we need to buff killers as well. A lot of the unbalanced talk is very exaggerated though.

  • Since this thread involves a lot of youtuber discussion. We can all agree Otzdarva is the best DBD youtuber, yes?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655359#Comment_655359

    No, I've made my point, and I'm not interested in derailing this thread any further. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that "anything else" was simply a polite invitation to continue the discussion, even though I suspect that's not the case.

    Someone posted something with gen speed math, i dont remember where though.

    The gist of it was that even with just 3 people doing gens, assuming the killer is always chasing someone, it takes something like 3-4 mins to complete all gens and escape.

    The only reason a game should last longer than 5 mins is if the killer is a good nurse, or if the survivors play badly.

    The flow is 100% set by survivors, the killer has very little power to do anything to change it, especially is survivors are good and are in discord.

  • Can we stop riding True like he's a God or something? There are other Killer mains HybridPanda, Monto, etc and again they are just people who play the game like everyone. Everybody has a complain about the game, some are valid others are horsecrap. But we can all agree SWF communications give advantage over Killers and it will always cause complains. I guess devs will keep nerfing and buffing perks until it can balance that in some way.

  • -Watches from a far away place-


    Gen Times are fine..

    If they could add Custom settings to KYF that would be great. So we could test things out like this.


    Would a 2 minute timer work? Would it combat SWF or would it hurt Solo players?


    So you have to think of things that could make longer gen times miserable.


    Cause most players don't get all 5 gens done, sometimes they only get one done. (In the Gen Times Current State)


    So why haven't the Dev's added Gen time? Because guess what... if you like it or not.. It is currently balanced.


    If you don't want gens done so early PATROL faster. Chase is going on for too long? Break off and go to generators to halt its progress.


    These are my thoughts on "Can gen time increase"


    The other Nerfs like D.S. I guess.. was needed (Even though as a Myers I was fine with it..)


    Borrowed Time..? No nerf needed. It's called Don't Tunnel then you can avoid it. (It doesn't even last long) 🤣😂


    MoM Nerf..? Eh it was needed. (But could've been done differently)


    But that's just my opinion.

  • @Joucker13 said:

    Can we stop riding True like he's a God or something? There are other Killer mains HybridPanda, Monto, etc and again they are just people who play the game like everyone. Everybody has a complain about the game, some are valid others are horsecrap. But we can all agree SWF communications give advantage over Killers and it will always cause complains. I guess devs will keep nerfing and buffing perks until it can balance that in some way.

    No one you mentioned is a killer main. At least true and monto aren't. They play both roles.

  • @Spiritbx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655374#Comment_655374

    Someone posted something with gen speed math, i dont remember where though.

    The gist of it was that even with just 3 people doing gens, assuming the killer is always chasing someone, it takes something like 3-4 mins to complete all gens and escape.

    The only reason a game should last longer than 5 mins is if the killer is a good nurse, or if the survivors play badly.

    The flow is 100% set by survivors, the killer has very little power to do anything to change it, especially is survivors are good and are in discord.

    maths: gens can be done in 5 min.

    math too: you can get 4k in less than 3 min.

  • Both sides like to find something to complain about, it isn’t just one side.

    I see this kinda argument pop up a lot and I just have to say, it isn’t true. Whenever we say gens times are fine we look at how the weakest killer in the game on the worst killer map can still keep a 2k average, which is a balanced game. When we said nurse was op we based it on her 76% kill rate at R1, we follow the stats and make out decisions.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655721#Comment_655721

    No one you mentioned is a killer main. At least true and monto aren't. They play both roles.

    Tru3talent is a killer main, don't know what you're on about. Sure he plays both sides equally but it's obvious he caters to killer side and prefers killer

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655739#Comment_655739

    Tru3talent is a killer main, don't know what you're on about. Sure he plays both sides equally but it's obvious he caters to killer side and prefers killer

    If you play both roles you aren't something something main. You understand the game better.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655891#Comment_655891

    If you play both roles you aren't something something main. You understand the game better.

    I play both roles but I’m not a 50/50 player, I main survivor because I play survivor more although I plan on playing killer more once I get my ps + back.

  • Tbh as long as I'm not punished for excessive lobby dodging I'm fine with the game. Why? Because my only problems are keys and 2+ toolboxes. They can easily fix keys, and I might post my idea for a rework for keys some time.

    I don't whine about everything they do. They nerfed Legion, didn't utter a word, they nerfed Pig's endgame, didn't say anything because I still worked through both of those things. They nerfed plague's vomit holding speed to 110%, didn't say a thing because I still do good with her.

    However, when they do stuff like buff perks that are on the edge of being broken it becomes a problem.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    Why is it with each update is there a new thing to complain about? Originally it was vaulting, that got nerfed into the ground. Then it was Exhaustion perks that got nerfed. Then it was DS that got nerfed after a while. Then it was Borrowed Time, that perk has been through the wringer. Throughout all that time only a few people has once complained about Generator time, then now it's all the rage. Why does it seem like every time survivors has to adapt a new playstyle just to be able to survive this happens?

    Even they complain about SWF but nobody really wants to play with a group of people who just UE their way around the map or get down after 10 seconds of a chase, or farm their own teammate because they want to get their alturism points. Hence why people get a group together, it's inevitable. Killers aren't to suppose to always get 4ks and survivors aren't suppose to always survive. For some reason that pisses off a lot of players but that's how the game is suppose to be.

    I'm not talking about all Killers of course but quite a few.


    Competitive games make people very competitive. With new perks, new metas, new issues, new killers the game starts to evolve. This creates issues on both sides of the board. The game was pretty balanced and is to a extent now, but the game will eventually tip to either being killer sided or survivor sided again. (My votes killer sided)

    Killers want the 4k and Survivors want to escape. The Devs have stated the ideal model would be 2 escape and 2 sacrificed. This is happening in some games at lower ranks, but realistically one side is usually stomped harder then the other. This happens for many reason the biggest being Skill levels.

    Such issues include toxic behavior, infinite loops, tunneling, camping, mori cancelling (seriously who thought this was a good idea?), bullying from both sides, waiting for hatch to spawn since it no longer needs gens done (stupid imho), bullying new players by either deranking or playing smurf accounts, misplaced terms i.e gen rushing/camping/tunneling, etc. All of these go in circles.

    People dont seem to realize that on the other side of the screen is another person so whenever something bad happens they either take it out on them or take it out on the next person (who's innocent and about to repeat said circle).

    Like any competitive game Meta's change and as a result the outcry for what needs to be fixed is changed. DS for an example needed to be changed it was clearly broken it made killers lose any momentum in the game. People will say I'm wrong, but the fact is even now a single DS can cause a killer to lose this momentum. Well killer shouldn't tunnel? I have personally as a Survivor been hit and DS after another survivor has been hooked and done this to a killer.


    TLDR:

    Metas change for everything as a result new outcry for nerfs will happen.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    Tbh as long as I'm not punished for excessive lobby dodging I'm fine with the game. Why? Because my only problems are keys and 2+ toolboxes. They can easily fix keys, and I might post my idea for a rework for keys some time.

    I don't whine about everything they do. They nerfed Legion, didn't utter a word, they nerfed Pig's endgame, didn't say anything because I still worked through both of those things. They nerfed plague's vomit holding speed to 110%, didn't say a thing because I still do good with her.

    However, when they do stuff like buff perks that are on the edge of being broken it becomes a problem.

    Survivors had nothing to do with Pig's nerf it was EGC that did that, Plauge can still vomit excessively so that was fair unless you want her to be able to spew her vomit endlessly. Legion why does everybody seem to forget about Moonwalking Legion. Survivors rarely gets any buffs.

    The question is whats wrong with keys?

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655891#Comment_655891

    If you play both roles you aren't something something main. You understand the game better.

    In that case I'm not a survivor main I'm a 50/50 player even though I play survivor more by several hours.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655721#Comment_655721

    No one you mentioned is a killer main. At least true and monto aren't. They play both roles.

    Monto consistently plays killers, True consistently plays killer, Hybrid consistently plays killer, you can switch sides momentarily but if you were to ask those guys which they'd perfer playing they might say killer.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655331#Comment_655331

    Do... do you know what data means? If that's not anecdotal evidence, I don't know what is.

    Do?.... . Do you know that the data is botched to the point of no repair?

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655358#Comment_655358

    Content creators are not to be trusted when talking about balance especially since many of them have certain demographics killer main/survivor main so they will most likely talk about the side that most of their demographic plays and how it needs buffs. Calling them data isn't correct. It's very anecdotal. I could list real data from the devs to argue the game is balanced but people will scream fake...

    As for the actual thread killers do need some buffs still the game is still unbalanced a fair bit. It's way better nowadays but we have a few killers that need slight buffs ect. And if we're buffing solo play up to SWF we need to buff killers as well. A lot of the unbalanced talk is very exaggerated though.

    It's not that exaggerated..survivors say bbq us overpowered so I agree with you that kind of ranting is idiotic however there has been testing done that shows factually survivors with dedicated good teams are borderline invincible in the games current state

  • @GrootDude said:

    Both sides like to find something to complain about, it isn’t just one side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655323#Comment_655323

    I see this kinda argument pop up a lot and I just have to say, it isn’t true. Whenever we say gens times are fine we look at how the weakest killer in the game on the worst killer map can still keep a 2k average, which is a balanced game. When we said nurse was op we based it on her 76% kill rate at R1, we follow the stats and make out decisions.

    No..or youd look at the clips of gens flying in less than five minutes and realize the stats are bs, devs even admit they're not accurate

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655776#Comment_655776

    No..or youd look at the clips of gens flying in less than five minutes and realize the stats are bs, devs even admit they're not accurate

    Not 100% accurate, they never said all of the stats are bs and Peanits corrected the “bs” ones.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655330#Comment_655330

    DS was a carbon copy of Friday the 13th game feature it was a one time use and you had to be the obession for it to work especially if you weren't obession you needed to reach 30% wiggle bar, even then Killers would juggle survivors to counter DS. Vaulting didn't need to be nerfed so bad that the killer can still hit you despite being on the other side already. BT was created as a anti camping perk, if you weren't in the area of the hook BT didn't work you could sit there and camp but you got punished for camping.

    These "vaulting" issues are really latency and hitbox issues. Should resolve with Dedicated Servers. Also, killers have reach. They aren't T-rexs (?).

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655739#Comment_655739

    Monto consistently plays killers, True consistently plays killer, Hybrid consistently plays killer, you can switch sides momentarily but if you were to ask those guys which they'd perfer playing they might say killer.

    And they consistently play survivor but you obviously don't watch them to see that. True plays 50/50 on his streams. Monto plays both sides also.

  • @Spiritbx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655374#Comment_655374

    Someone posted something with gen speed math, i dont remember where though.

    The gist of it was that even with just 3 people doing gens, assuming the killer is always chasing someone, it takes something like 3-4 mins to complete all gens and escape.

    The only reason a game should last longer than 5 mins is if the killer is a good nurse, or if the survivors play badly.

    The flow is 100% set by survivors, the killer has very little power to do anything to change it, especially is survivors are good and are in discord.

    Except that's not taking into account survivors who work two people to a generator, which is less efficient, or the time taken to traverse the map looking for generators to do, or the time survivors spend hiding instead of doing gens because the killer is nearby, or survivors who stop doing generators to go and save their teammates, or the generator regression if the killer breaks a gen while that survivor is hiding or unhooking, etcetera etcetera. The only reason a game should last less than 5 minutes is if all four survivors play perfectly, or if the killer is playing badly.

1 2 ›