Survivor items NEED to be basekit to counter lobby dodge

Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found

Comments

  • @DeadByMoonlight I may have put my response down but I want to assist with @Just_Playing here, the killers usually dodge because of what items they are running, allowing survivors to have all items will cause more dodging, it is also because of "Survivor stereotypes" for example, when ash first released killers would usually dodge him in order to avoid Mettle before the rework

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651292#Comment_651292

    Reasoning? Because you're a biased killer main or is there any logic to be found?


    I enjoy finding items in a map and taking it to the campfire for my hideously large supply of items. Also it's more fun without items in every game.

  • @Just_Playing said:

    You should think WHY are killer doging ???

    I play on PS4 and according to OP him too, I always dodge a lot more lobbys when I am playing Killer because there's 3 people with red ping who hit ready so I dodge for a better lobby with better ping.

  • Honestly, unless we're giving out free brown tier items then items should not be basekit. That said, it seems like the real issue here is lobby dodging. Idk much about playing killer, but as a survivor if I see red ping I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for dat, and I understand perfectly if killers do the same. Backing out of lobbues without even trying because of certain survivors or items, however, is unacceptable. You can at least have the decency to try instead of denying everyone a game they may have waited several minutes for.

  • Lol you don't really need perks to be a good survivor much less items

  • As a survivor main, no.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651295#Comment_651295

    I don't need reasoning, imagine keys again and you will see why

    I see no problem with letting them run around with a green key...

    Or a brown medkit...brown toolbox...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651292#Comment_651292

    Reasoning? Because you're a biased killer main or is there any logic to be found?

    Ah yes the old you "disagree with me so I shall call you a "killer main" defense". Makes you seem mature and reasonable every time.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651295#Comment_651295

    Ah yes the old you "disagree with me so I shall call you a "killer main" defense". Makes you seem mature and reasonable every time.

    I see no problem with the game providing the items survivors can bring into a trial... Just make it so items are all the lowest ranking. A brown toolbox, a green key, ect. Id much rather face 4 crappy toolboxes the game provided than the stuff ppl USUALLY bring.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652161#Comment_652161

    I see no problem with the game providing the items survivors can bring into a trial... Just make it so items are all the lowest ranking. A brown toolbox, a green key, ect. Id much rather face 4 crappy toolboxes the game provided than the stuff ppl USUALLY bring.

    Guessing you tagged the wrong person?

  • Would require additional changes. I think if the game was balanced around it then it would be good.

  • I'm fine with items being blood web unlockables. I just think killers shouldn't be able to see what I'm holding in lobby. Coward killers always lobby dodge if they see you have a key or if every survivor has any item at all. If I can't see the killer and have no idea what I'm up against, they shouldn't be able to see my items.

  • Killers should just not be able to see survivor items. Giving survivors free basekit stuff makes absolutely no sense.

  • @Hoodedfengm1n is right.

    Even 1 key can change the game, imagine what would do 4 keys in a game.. or 4 flashlights or 4 toolboxes.. I think there should be NO mercy for nurse players but for others killers we should have.. Not saying survivors are overpowered but if items are base-kit, then killers against SWF will get absolutely destroyed every time.

  • @Mochan said:

    No need to make the powers base kit.

    Just hide the item from the killer so they don't dodge or bring out their pink moris whenever they see a game with four people using items. Actually just don't show the survivors, period. Show a dark silhouette at the campfire.

    The geniuses at BHVR apparently thought that being able to see your enemies before a game starts wasn't a problem -- but the crazy amount of killer dodging in the lobby is proof that it is.

    Killers dodge lobbies because too many toolboxes or insta-heals are unbalanced. Or because Flashlights hurt certain killers badly.

    If killers couldn't see items, this would only result in survivors bringing more toolboxes and more insta-heals because they would not have to worry about getting dodged for their items. And this would result in less people playing killer because they don't want to deal with this stuff every match. And this would result in longer queue times for survivors.

    So why go down this path of a bad idea if you could instead adjust items and make the game more balanced?

    Why is the initial reaction of so many players "punish the killer"/"disable lobby dodging"/"don't show items" when you simply could make the game more balanced and give both sides the chance to play a fair match?

  • So it'd be fair to give every survivor a dull key every trial as baseline?


    Seems legit can't wait for Civ 6

  • Or just hide them in the lobby.

  • I find it quite strange that people keep complaining about lobby dodge and actively condemn killer saying they are coward that don't like being challenged. Meanwhile, there are so many threads and post about survivor not liking certain killer or them bringing OP add on and gonna DC or kill themself on hook if they happen to versing one, but they usually get overlooked or sometime even rooted on.

  • As a survivor main, I couldn't care less with I lost an item

  • Items are already base kit, just less effective than the items you can bring in. If you want items basekit then we gotta start by inherently nerfing survivor abilities as a whole to balance it out.

  • @Zanely89 said:

    I find it quite strange that people keep complaining about lobby dodge and actively condemn killer saying they are coward that don't like being challenged. Meanwhile, there are so many threads and post about survivor not liking certain killer or them bringing OP add on and gonna DC or kill themself on hook if they happen to versing one, but they usually get overlooked or sometime even rooted on.

    What are the possibilities that in some dark corner of this forum you've written a hideous, whiney manifesto about why survivors have it easy.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651349#Comment_651349

    Killers dodge lobbies because too many toolboxes or insta-heals are unbalanced. Or because Flashlights hurt certain killers badly.

    If killers couldn't see items, this would only result in survivors bringing more toolboxes and more insta-heals because they would not have to worry about getting dodged for their items. And this would result in less people playing killer because they don't want to deal with this stuff every match. And this would result in longer queue times for survivors.

    So why go down this path of a bad idea if you could instead adjust items and make the game more balanced?

    Why is the initial reaction of so many players "punish the killer"/"disable lobby dodging"/"don't show items" when you simply could make the game more balanced and give both sides the chance to play a fair match?

    Are you seriously saying killers have the RIGHT to lobby dodge?

    Whatever. If you suck, you suck. Keep dodging and see how much better you'll get.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651292#Comment_651292

    Reasoning? Because you're a biased killer main or is there any logic to be found?

    Because a toolbox/medkit isn't an ability, survivors aren't supposed to have that much at their disposal all the time, I'm sure you've heard but it's a 1v4 game and maps are usually huge, the game would be a mess if survivors could basically self care every match at no cost to them without taking up a perk slot. Survivors don't even need that in their basekit to be successful, it's not required to win like a killers basekit especially considering certain perks can act as an item medkit-selfcare, toolbox-prove thyself. If they did this they'd have to up the killers basekit slightly or make actions take longer (which nobody liked btw) just to be even. Another problem is let's say a good toolbox is always a part of a survivors basekit, why would I not tunnel him out of the game and get rid of that toolbox that I know he always gets.

    On the main topic as you can guess I disagree, when I see one medkit and a toolbox I don't have a problem, but when it's 4 bloody people who join at the same time with items galore those are people who are trying to guarantee the win or make the killers life miserable, that's why people lobby dodge because it is that unfun to where most people would prefer backing out and going back into the slow queue then suffer for 4 other people's enjoyment. If you could see what people are running on their items (addons and rarity) then I'd be at the very least unhappy with that change so I know at least when to dodge otherwise I and most killers would rather not play the bully simulator.

  • I don't dodge. If they bring a lot of items (especially medkits cuz insta heals are quite common in my matches recently) I will just use Nurse.

  • I am the genie of DbD, your wish is now granted.

    But to balance the game, killers now get unlimited addons. Enjoy 1 shot hatchets!

  • @dejablue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655461#Comment_655461

    Are you seriously saying killers have the RIGHT to lobby dodge?

    Whatever. If you suck, you suck. Keep dodging and see how much better you'll get.

    Killers are supposed to play against survivors, not against items. If you need insta-heals and toolboxes to win a match, then you are playing at the wrong rank. Insta-heals are unbalanced, too many toolboxes are unbalanced. I'm a survivor main, but that doesn't mean that I'm not aware of the current state of the game.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655675#Comment_655675

    Killers are supposed to play against survivors, not against items. If you need insta-heals and toolboxes to win a match, then you are playing at the wrong rank. Insta-heals are unbalanced, too many toolboxes are unbalanced. I'm a survivor main, but that doesn't mean that I'm not aware of the current state of the game.

    No ed is unbalanced but I'm sure you advocate it stay in the game. Along with every other nerf survivors have gotten. Just play the game and stop whining about basic game mechanics. Are you advocating that the game limits who gets to have an item and who doesn't? Ridiculous! Good killers will get 4ks even if every survivor has a good item. Rank doesn't even mean anything.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655675#Comment_655675

    Killers are supposed to play against survivors, not against items. If you need insta-heals and toolboxes to win a match, then you are playing at the wrong rank. Insta-heals are unbalanced, too many toolboxes are unbalanced. I'm a survivor main, but that doesn't mean that I'm not aware of the current state of the game.

    Survivors are supposed to play against killers not unfair hex's like No-Ed and the entire concept of End Game Collapse which works in the killer's favor. But I bet you hardcore advocate for those to stay in. Are you saying survivors should be limited iin how many items they bring? Like only one survivor can bring a tool box? That's ridiculous. A good killer will kill no matter what items the survivors bring. And rank doesn't matter.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    This would be a great idea! It’s not like all Survivors would abuse this and bring the fastest toolboxes, insta heals, and keys all the time! Fair and balanced!

    yeah because it's so fair that killer can pick whatever super powerful add ons secretly so survivors just have to deal with it but killer can just see survivor items and be like ayy a medkit i don't have franklin's on my spirit i'm outta here

  • @cybercat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651334#Comment_651334

    yeah because it's so fair that killer can pick whatever super powerful add ons secretly so survivors just have to deal with it but killer can just see survivor items and be like ayy a medkit i don't have franklin's on my spirit i'm outta here

    Y...You do realize it's SUPPOSED to favor Killers at the lobby? The Entity is letting the Killers see what Survivors are bringing in?

    How do so many people miss this? is there something in the water? Seriously! How many people have whined that it's unfair that Killers can see Survivor items?

    How do so many people miss the point so damn hard!?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651292#Comment_651292

    Reasoning? Because you're a biased killer main or is there any logic to be found?

    Items like toolboxes are already op enough

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651304#Comment_651304

    Survivors should have items, similar to having a class or power from other games, because as of right now the 4K rates are over 50% and this game is supposed to be balanced around 2K. Killers have it too easy, way too easy.

    Man, you must be really bad if you actually feel this way.

  • No. If keys were basekit, killer would be made so much harder.

1 2 ›