What is the tea with streamers whining about getting stream sniped?
Watching a lot of streamers more I've noticed this seems to be something a lot of them talk about.
Asking for features that can benefit them from getting ss?
Watching a lot of streamers more I've noticed this seems to be something a lot of them talk about.
Asking for features that can benefit them from getting ss?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They dont need features for that. If they dont want to get streamsniped, they can stream with a delay.
If you are a streamer, you should know that you can get streamsniped.
Stream sniping, what a joke...
I've been accused of stream sniping by guys who I didnt even know they exist... Some people just use It as an excuse when they're losing.
I have no empathy for people who stream themselves playing a game and complain about sniping when there are many tools to stop it from happening.
They can change their name in steam and purge the last ones, hide their profile, blank out their name and char while loading in, put on a time delay to name a few ways.
If they chose not to use what they have stop it they have no right to complain imo.
if you don't want to get sniped don't advertise your stream lol
Why was I camped, why was I tunnelled, why is it always me......has .ttv in their name "shrugs"
new lobbies should make streamsniping a LOT harder.
and i don't like being used as entertainment for someones dumb drooling followers, that's why i leatherface camp streamers :)
I mean it doesn't matter if they do change or blur their name or whatever. All the streamsniper has to do is wait and see if their character pops up in their lobby.
Sad
Then they can hide the whole lobby it is their choice to stream, they can make changes themselves to completely remove people from being able to snipe them is they wish too, again refusal to use what they can is on them not the others.
I get it when popular streamers complain but why do people no one knows about complain about being streamsnipped? They strike me as narcissists with delusions of grandeur.
As a general rule of thumb it is treated as a bannable offense in other competitive games if you can verify that you have been stream sniped. Stream sniping gives people an extreme unfair advantage and even with delayed streaming enabled it still gives the snipers information they shouldn't have before a certain point. There is never a good reason to stream snipe. People are generally sweatier towards streamers when they know they are in their game. Myself Included. That is fine. DBD also has dedicated known streamers who team up to snipe other bigger streamers. Since they've been given the green light by the Devs taking a hands off policy with it they're a constant issue for big name high rank players.
So true. Literally people seem to think we care enough to actually watch their stream to find out where they are
Streamers accuse people of sniping all the time to avoid looking bad, most of them are pretty crummy players. So it's a quick excuse.
You cannot be banned for stream sniping if you do, that has been stated by the DEVs. I don't know how stream sniping would help anyways, unless they are standing in one spot forever, since delay exists. Aura reading perks are 100x more reliable.
Through stream snipers you can get relative location, perks, addon, and hex totem placement info as these are all clearly displayed even on a delay. Even the delay on a stream can't prevent someone from siphoning that information. Also stream snipers are not pure 4man cells. They are often 5man cells with one person watching the stream and relaying information back to those playing the game through comms. A ton of players use it as an excuse, but the problem is still quite real.
At the end of the day it is another way for people to grief other people in games. It also cuts both ways. Killers can stream snipe SWF streamers, but that seems to happen less that SWFs who snipe killers.
THIS!
It's a projection thing. Streamers care about their "quality of content", that even with a dozen or less viewers, they think other people care as much as they do.
It's a lot like people who come here with screen shots "complaining" about how much "hate" they got from a match because they were awesome. They aren't complaining, and everyone knows it...they want attention for a match no one else care about because no one here was a part of it.
I post ######### here as well from time to time, but it's more from a place of empathy and usually self deprecating all in good fun.
lol I've had this happened to me too. Turns out it was a random pretending to be me just to get the streamer tilted.
OOh perhaps like blocking the screen or blurring it while in lobby? i think obs has a tool for that.
I don’t have respect for people who sit on their ass all day playing video games and call it a job.
@Detective_Jonathan I disagree with that, some people have it tough, and find it tough to find jobs. Playing video games for money can really change their lives dramatically. It's unfair to generalize the people who play video games all day because of NO job, and those who do it from laziness. There's also some who do it for fun.
@yeet I just saw you playing Backpack-Meg on Léry's on somebody's stream. :)
Your respect really means much to them. They are having fun doing what they like and earning money, don't see any problem with that.
Isn't streaming done because you WANT people to watch you? 😈
Sure it may be hard to find a job, but most streamers I see only care about themselves and how many viewers they can gain, doesn’t surprise me that most of them are from this community.
Only streamer I legitimately enjoy would be annemunition, nobody else.
To be fair, sniping is cheating, and not an indication that you're better than the streamer even if you beat them. It's also harassment. Say No to Drugs.
DISCARDED REPORTS REASONS
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT
* Camping
* Slugging
* Tunneling
* Streamsniping <----------------
Whether you consider it cheating or not, it sure as hell won't be punished by DbD.
I just do this:
Overlay! PS. Don't bother reporting me I have had plenty of people threaten to report me for fake perks... But like I just said its an overlay.
@NoShinyPony i don't play meg so it wasn't me chief
and my ingame name isn't yeet
@yeet I've never seen somebody with this name before and since this community isn't that big... Well, it wasn't you. No big deal then.