Coldwind Maps

I am aware of the large amount of people that DC on coldwind maps as do I because I just hate these maps but I just am wondering what other people think about people who DC on these maps and what people in general think of them.

Comments

  • If you dc you should be punished. It ruins the game. Certain maps and killers may not be enjoyable to some people, but that's how ######### goes. Every game cant be your perfect match setup.

    I dont like playing vs freddy or doctor, or on the game anymore, but I wont dc over it...

  • @Carpemortum said:

    If you dc you should be punished. It ruins the game. Certain maps and killers may not be enjoyable to some people, but that's how ######### goes. Every game cant be your perfect match setup.

    I dont like playing vs freddy or doctor, or on the game anymore, but I wont dc over it...

    I agree I should be punished for it but well nothing happens currently with DCing so I can DC on coldwinds all I like might as well nothing that can really stop me unless they add a punishment.

  • I only DC from Ormond because that map is actually broken. Visibility is terrible, scratch marks are random AF and hard to see, and Auras can hardly be seen(yeah, yeah, BBQ OP! It's a problem when you can barely see the ######### HOOK Auras!).

  • Killers only DC on Coldwind as they don't have the advantage like they get on The Game.

    It's pathetic to be honest. But, we'll lose the maps as the killer always get what they want in the end

  • Killers should not be punished for refusing to play a map that's not fun to them. We are the hosts of the matches, we decide which ones to play.


    The guests (survivors) on the other hand, should observe common courtesy and stay in whichever match the host decides on.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    Killers should not be punished for refusing to play a map that's not fun to them. We are the hosts of the matches, we decide which ones to play.

    The guests (survivors) on the other hand, should observe common courtesy and stay in whichever match the host decides on.

    This attitude is the issue

    When dedicated servers come in, how are you going to justify your actions then?

  • Dcing on coldwind maps? What? those maps are great and i'm being serious, I run the killer best on those maps as i can be able to see them through the walls and be able to anticipate their movements.

    I can't see how anyone could hate that map tbh.

    Twitch Stuff 4.jpg


  • I already have problems due to colorblindness with this game coldwind maps don't help lmao I'll play on any other map pallet city ect but corn maps = dc 4 me

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I already have problems due to colorblindness with this game coldwind maps don't help lmao I'll play on any other map pallet city ect but corn maps = dc 4 me

    So...other players have to suffer?

  • If you count loading screens as suffering then yes.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Killers only DC on Coldwind as they don't have the advantage like they get on The Game.

    It's pathetic to be honest. But, we'll lose the maps as the killer always get what they want in the end

    What advantage does the highest pallet count, and the safest pallet count get us chief? I needed a good laugh, thanks.

  • They will be forced to play if we punish them harshly

  • Also an automatic depip, wasted offering, and just 5k points as opposed to what could have been obtained in a full game in addition to the loading screen into the match, the loading screen out of the match, the queue/wait time to join the lobby, the wait time in the lobby, and the time waiting to join another lobby after.

    Also also how this impacts the people who don’t know why (or even those who do) their killers or fellow survivors keep disconnecting on them and eventually being too frustrated by the disconnects and quitting the game entirely thus decreasing the active player base and in relation the number of remaining players that are highly dedicated and thus skilled/ toxic/swf increases further worsening the community and play experience.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    Killers should not be punished for refusing to play a map that's not fun to them. We are the hosts of the matches, we decide which ones to play.

    The guests (survivors) on the other hand, should observe common courtesy and stay in whichever match the host decides on.

    Ha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahaha. Hosts until dedicated servers exist.

  • Im gonnna DC on Coldwind maps and there is nothing you can do about it.

  • I like these maps, I take the offering for going there very often.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    Dcing on coldwind maps? What? those maps are great and i'm being serious, I run the killer best on those maps as i can be able to see them through the walls and be able to anticipate their movements.

    I can't see how anyone could hate that map tbh.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/133/UE6509SYXN1X.jpg

    you litterally just named why.

    Good survivors use the see through wall to their advantage.

    Plus all the corn.

    and the infinate loops.

  • I sometimes DC if somebody uses a haddonfield offering because strodehouse is actually gamebreakingly broken.

    If I were to DC every broken map that needs a rework I'd DC:

    Penn Asylum

    Coldwindmaps

    Ormond

    Haddonfield

    No Mindgame Haven.


    You'd just be DCing all game.


  • @MhhBurgers said:

    I sometimes DC if somebody uses a haddonfield offering because strodehouse is actually gamebreakingly broken.

    If I were to DC every broken map that needs a rework I'd DC:

    Penn Asylum

    Coldwindmaps

    Ormond

    Haddonfield

    No Mindgame Haven.

    You'd just be DCing all game.

    Than you'd get banned. At least when I DC it is below the allowable threshold. So I win!

  • @n3on said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390277#Comment_390277

    And people will be sitting around wondering why no matches are running because there's nobody left playing.

    I feel it's more important do address the feelings of powerlessness that make people not want to play. If I lose I want to feel like I did everything within my power to avoid that situation, and that the reason I failed is because I made several mistakes that lead to that end.

    Currently that feeling is few and far between because of a slew of negative one sided mechanics causing people to not want to play.

    Fix these and more people will want to play and isn't that the goal here? getting more people in so we have more matches, more importantly matches that are fun for all people involved so that they tell their friends and their friends tell theirs? more meat for the meat grinder and all.

    You are supposed to feel powerless as a survivor, that's the whole point of the ######### game.

  • You are supposed to ->be<- powerless as a survivor

  • The only maps I DC are Haddonfield and Rotten Fields because I play on console and the frame rates are pure doodoo on those maps. Even the swamp maps seem playable now but those two are still trash.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    Dcing on coldwind maps? What? those maps are great and i'm being serious, I run the killer best on those maps as i can be able to see them through the walls and be able to anticipate their movements.

    I can't see how anyone could hate that map tbh.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/133/UE6509SYXN1X.jpg

    that's why people hate them, the loops are completely uncounterable and it makes playing on the monotonous and unfun

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    You are supposed to ->be<- powerless as a survivor

    Then why don't you advocate for survivor bots so you can start one on the hook or injured already if you choose, there's no need for players like you in this game who want to DC because of a damn map and only want brain dead wins

  • Coldwind needs to be reworked so that the structures are not See-Through. Other than that, I feel those Maps are okish. I dont like them as Survivor, especially Rotten Fields.

    I would not blame any Killer who DCs in the Loading Screen if Survivors burn a Coldwind- and a Mist-Offering. But for random Coldwind...Nah. I am also not DCing on Lery or The Game.

    Since someone mentioned Ormond, they really need to do something about the visibility of Auras. Everytime someone gets downed, I cannot see them and I am like "Is the Killer using Knockout?"... So hard to see in the distance.

  • @OrionsFury4789 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390651#Comment_390651

    Then why don't you advocate for survivor bots so you can start one on the hook or injured already if you choose, there's no need for players like you in this game who want to DC because of a damn map and only want brain dead wins

    There's literally no braindead map that gives the killer free chases/wins similar to haddonfield/coldwind.

  • Anyone is free to DC if they want to, no one can be forced to play. However DCing in most cases ruins the experience for the other players (survivors as well as killers). I think that people should be just a little bit more conscious of that. If anyone had a hated map and they'd DC if they get in there the game would be totally unplayable. In most of the cases people DC just for personal opinions and that is understandable but I mean, you can't DC if you think Coldwind is ######### and you will get killed, if you play well you could escape and so on, just think about it for a second.


    As I said, you can DC but you ruin the game for others. I like to play accordingly to what is considered fair, you don't have to but remember that if u DC cause ur a complaining ######### ass I will be upset. Me and the other 2 survivors and Killer.

  • Anyone is free to DC if they want to, no one can be forced to play. However DCing in most cases ruins the experience for the other players (survivors as well as killers). I think that people should be just a little bit more conscious of that. If anyone had a hated map and they'd DC if they get in there the game would be totally unplayable. In most of the cases people DC just for personal opinions and that is understandable but I mean, you can't DC if you think Coldwind is ######### and you will get killed, if you play well you could escape and so on, just think about it for a second.


    As I said, you can DC but you ruin the game for others. I like to play accordingly to what is considered fair, you don't have to but remember that if u DC cause ur a complaining ######### ass I will be upset. Me and the other 2 survivors and Killer.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390686#Comment_390686

    There's literally no braindead map that gives the killer free chases/wins similar to haddonfield/coldwind.

    It's the equivalent of the killer with the game map or lerys, it's nowhere near braindead on coldwind because pallets can be wasted so quick and leave you in a open field, the people complaining about coldwind are corn blind and don't know how to track properly in the corn just stare straight down at scratch marks and not look ahead, Haddonfield is only braindead if everyone has balanced landing otherwise it's a even match with the killer having just as much of an advantage, the maps you named CAN be OP with the right build but so can the game or lerys for a killer if you have the right killer/build