5th Perk Slot - When?

Dear Devs,

Dead by Daylight is getting more complex and complex and it's time to increase the loadout of players. It would contribute to the possible strategies, the excitement of individual games and the fun of all players to have a fifth perk slot available.


EDIT:

There are combos right now for which you need three or four slots. 

Ex. 1: Tenacity, Flip-Flop, Unbreakable

Ex. 2: Dance With Me, Lithe, Quick and Quiet, Lightweight

I don't think it's the right way to use more than 50% of your perk slots for one strategy, because your enemies are able to adept it.


The 5th perk slot could also have restrictions. It could be only one of the killer's original perks (like EntityEvictor said) or it could be a perk that is designed to only work in combos.

Comments

  • For killer only.

    4 vs 16 perks is already in favor of survivor

    5 vs 20 would make it even worse.

  • Never, perhaps in another gamemode if they ever add one

    @Wolf74 #########? no, just imagine the power margin killers would have if they were the only ones to have 5 perk slots

  • @Theluckyboi

    The game right now is favoring survivor, so why not give killer an extra perk slot?

    I don't see the issue.

  • @Theluckyboi said:

    Never, perhaps in another gamemode if they ever add one

    @Wolf74 #########? no, just imagine the power margin killers would have if they were the only ones to have 5 perk slots

    Dont discuss with him. Not worth it.


    @Topic:

    4 Perk Slots are enough (I would not mind a 5th one, of course. But I think 4 is enough, because if there would be 5, people would start to want 6 Perks and so on...)

  • @Theluckyboi said:

    Never, perhaps in another gamemode if they ever add one

    @Wolf74 #########? no, just imagine the power margin killers would have if they were the only ones to have 5 perk slots

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/389817#Comment_389817

    Dont discuss with him. Not worth it.

    @Topic:

    4 Perk Slots are enough.

    Aven is right just ignore wolf.

  • I main survivor and honestly 4 slots is a lot to begin with. And there are so many good perks and combos already. Its fine the way it is. Just stop clinging so tightly to self care and adrenaline and you'll have 2 more slots right there :p It took me a while to let those go, but trust me when I say they're only holding you back.

    If anything you should loose one perk slot for each friend in your party >:)

  • The old 16 perks slots nonsense while in other threads they complain about the meta being the same 4-5 perks.

  • @Ttwylerr

    "Aven is right just ignore wolf."

    I could just say the same about him… or you…

    Maybe try arguments.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Ttwylerr

    "Aven is right just ignore wolf."

    I could just say the same about him… or you…

    Maybe try arguments.

    You have a bad rep for a reason so just gonna leave it at that.

  • To clear it up:

    I'm not playing with Selfcare or Adrenaline. Adr. is a good perk, but a medkit is better than Selfcare.


    There are combos right now for which you need three or four slots.

    Ex. 1: Tenacity, Flip-Flop, Unbreakable

    Ex. 2: Dance With Me, Lithe, Quick and Quiet, Lightweight


    I don't think it's the right way to use more than 50% of your perk slots for one strategy, because your enemies are able to adept it.

  • The 5th perk slot could also have restrictions. It could be only one of the killer's original perks (like EntityEvictor said) or it could be a perk that is designed to only work in combos.

  • IMO four is enough.

  • @Ttwylerr

    "You have a bad rep for a reason so just gonna leave it at that."

    Yea, because survivor mains do not like veteran player speaking up against their agenda.

    I use simple science, like mathematics, to show the flaws of the core game mechanics and they have nothing but offended feelings and the regular "but bad teammates play bad" routine.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Ttwylerr

    "You have a bad rep for a reason so just gonna leave it at that."

    Yea, because survivor mains do not like veteran player speaking up against their agenda.

    I use simple science, like mathematics, to show the flaws of the core game mechanics and they have nothing but offended feelings and the regular "but bad teammates play bad" routine.

    Whatever you say dude.

  • @JoLo said:

    The 5th perk slot could also have restrictions. It could be only one of the killer's original perks (like EntityEvictor said) or it could be a perk that is designed to only work in combos.

    Having a 5th Perk Slot for a Perk that is an original Perk of the character would only form a Meta.

    Like, nobody would play Ace or Kate. But many people would play Claudette, Nea, Meg (even more than right now). For Killers it would be the same, some Killers which are already bad (like Trapper) would be pushed down even more, while other Killers, who are already good (Nurse, Billy, Hag for example) would be played even more frequently.

  • @Ttwylerr @Wolf74 is pretty well known and mainly hated by some of the survivors mains here (not me). His rep is better than you say.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Ttwylerr @Wolf74 is pretty well known and mainly hated by some of the survivors mains here (not me). His rep is better than you say.

    That's your opinion but from what I've seen he likes to be obnoxious with how he talks to people.

  • Thx @TreemanXD I know that a lot of survivor mains actually hate me, because I always argue for more balance and that's something they don't like.

    They want the game balanced around rank 20 noobstomping and I want the game to be balanced top down like any other pvp game.

    Therefore a lot of them feel offended when they are confronted with an opinion outside their comfort zone.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    Thx @TreemanXD I know that a lot of survivor mains actually hate me, because I always argue for more balance and that's something they don't like.

    They want the game balanced around rank 20 noobstomping and I want the game to be balanced top down like any other pvp game.

    Therefore a lot of them feel offended when they are confronted with an opinion outside their comfort zone.

    Like how you assume only survivor mains hate you.

    P.s. I'm a killer main so what does that mean?

  • Yeah that's about right. But shouldn't she have the beanie too?

  • @Ttwylerr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390004#Comment_390004

    Yeah that's about right. But shouldn't she have the beanie too?

    Now if she had a Green Beret that'd go well with the name below the ready up button.

  • Nice idea, Entita. Gave you that "Awesome" ;)

  • I feel like a 5th perk slot is unnecessary considering there are already good perk combinations, and providing more perks to either side would most likely create more imbalance and complaints from the community. There are limited perks so that you choose wisely what to put on before going into a match. You can't just have all of the good perks in your favor to assist you because one could run a very good perk combo with room for even more crutches. It also isn't worth considering adding new perks slots when there are already deeper underlying problems within the game at its current state.

    However, it would be an interesting concept for a new game mode, hopefully when we get dedicated servers this Summer.

  • @JoLo If you like it, please give me there your honest feedback. :)

  • I hope never. Having a 5th perk slot would just make so many more issues and make the game harder.

    I hope they never add a 5th slot

  • oh yeah I'm totally looking forward to the


    Prove Thyself, Adrenawin, (exh perk), BT, DS combo.


    Most killer perks are situational, having a 5th perkslot would not do much for killers, most survivor metaperks are not situational at all.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    For killer only.

    4 vs 16 perks is already in favor of survivor

    5 vs 20 would make it even worse.

    @Wolf74 I can get behind this.

  • Not as long as survivor perks are stronger in a 1vs4

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Theluckyboi

    The game right now is favoring survivor, so why not give killer an extra perk slot?

    I don't see the issue.

    Wolf, do you stream somewhere? I’d love to see how good you are at the game considering how one sided your opinions usually are.

  • 5 perks are toooo much. it will be never happend

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/389868#Comment_389868

    Wolf, do you stream somewhere? I’d love to see how good you are at the game considering how one sided your opinions usually are.


    Like RuPaul says, "Unless they payin' yo bills, pay them witches no mind."


    He on here everyday IRATE af about any Survivor related. I wish there was an "ignore" option so I could hide his inane comments and anyone foolish enough to engage with him.