As a killer main who recently started to main survivor...

NoEd is getting really annoying... I’ve read plenty of posts regarding how to counter it, why it’s hated, why it’s needed, etc., but when I played killer, I rarely used it because I just found it as a cheap crutch (I typically end my games before all the gens are done anyway). But now that I play survivor, it’s as if basically every killer is using it game after game after game after game and after a certain point it doesn’t necessarily get annoying since, like I said, I’ve seen the “just do totems” posts, but it does get fairly annoying. I know the devs said they have no plans to change NoEd and I’m not complaining about that necessarily, but if DS got changed after enough people complained about it, maybe the same could happen with NoEd/THE ENDGAME GAME if enough people bring it to the devs attention.


Anyway, that’s all I have to say. If you’re going to comment, please leave a constructive comment and not one that says to counter NoEd, because like I said, I’ve read them all.

Comments

  • @123456789

    Creating a alt account just to insult me, how cute .

    1487201456-kermit-observe.png

    I can taste the salt from here, gosh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390583#Comment_390583

    Neither of these two perks you mentioned directly attack the opposing side. It gives you an advantage sure, but it doesn't directly hinder the other side's gameplay. It doesn't matter what the complaints were about, fact is that the devs nerfed DS due to how unbalanced it is.

    And bc of how decisive was a "bad play high reward" perk. NOED is in the same vein. Can it be shut down? Yes. But how often is it actually shut down considering how common it is? Unless it's a SWF and they know to be on the lookout for it, nobody is gonna have a clue until someone gets insta downed. If it's a team of randoms, good effing luck.


    I just had a game where we got all 5 gens against a Wraith and only 1 person got downed. I went to save the Jane but it turned out he had insidious, lunged at me from around a doorway, and instadowned me. I did 3 of those 5 gens and I was tunnelled and killed bc of NOED. Ur Seriously gonna tell me someone who didn't even have the skill to stop someone from doing 3 gens and knew to save sprint burst for when he was uncloaking deserves to insta down him?


    Yeah pass on that horseshit. Make NOED a normal hex perk and remove the god-damned haste and it'll be balanced.

  • The fact that you believe it's 'annoying' as survivor is probably because your skill level isn't on par with your skill as a killer.

    As someone who has always played both sides at high ranks, noed is by far one of the worst perks in the game. I say this because at my level of play, most games are over before end game.

    People say 'just do totems' because survivors won't get off gens. If you have ever played survivor at a high level, you don't even bother looking for ruin or any lit totem. Hell, people will let you die on hook sometimes just to finish gens instead.

    This is the reason that noed exists. It's to stop you from just sitting on gens or 'gen rushing'.

    The reason DS got reworked is because the perk was broken as there is no counterability.

    You have an entire game to counter noed. You have perks and items to help find totems. Don't complain about something when you choose not to do something about it.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390623#Comment_390623

    Wow, .6 meters more. That's really gonna help them when they get that free sprint burst from being hit. Also, what part of Bloodlust is a meme and doesn't actually do anything didn't come through the first time? This forums selective reading is insane. Did you really ask why it's a viable strat to tunnel a survivor? Cuz then it's not 2 people afk on a gen while you chase instead of 3? Is this a legit question, do you actually think it's bad to get someone out of the game fast?

    WHO THE ######### RUNS DYING LIGHT? Not only is it one of the worst perks in the game, but everyone agrees it's a poorly designed/toxic one as well. This is the most cherrypicked argument I've ever seen. Dying Light isn't even scary, just do the gen, if he camps, do gens. If it goes off, do gens or get the hatch. OLD DECISIVE WAS ANTI-TUNNELING? WHAT? You're a living meme, my god. How was getting a free escape and super long stun anti-tunneling? I wanna see how your mental gymnastics came to that conclusion.

    And if looping is unintended, as someone previously mentioned, then Barbeque and Chili, Whispers, and every other anti stealth perk in the game needs to be [BAD WORD] removed. Surviviors hinge on pallets and Windows to escape killers when caught. Stealth is a weak mechanic, due to all the anti stealth perks that exist (and let's not even mention the locker nerf where you get aura blindness. Make those things even less reliable why don't you).

    God you're so painfully wrong I'm actually gonna have an aneurysm. I might have to go to the hospital after I reply cuz wow. Looping was never intended that's why there was so many double pallets. You can literally go watch old dev streams where they said looping was unintended. In fact the killers have wider hitboxes and can't hug walls like survivors can which is in a sense an exploit which is what people are talking about. 2 loops for you is 3 for the killer, 4-5 if they're 110.

    BBQ AND CHILI IS SO EASY TO COUNTER STOP CRYING! Stand behind a gen, or hide nearby, boom you countered BBQ. That wasn't enough for you whiners though. Nope, here's a perk, Distortion to counter it and give you 10s of no scratches cuz that's totally fine. As well as lockers BLOCKING THE GOD DAMN AURA. You got a baseline mechanic to counter a killer perk, that most people just use to gain extra BP.

    Whispers doesn't find a survivor for you, it's a hint at best. It says someone is here. Stealth isn't weak, you're just a bad player. I run No Mither cuz it's such a good stealth perk. Literally watch any killer play and they ######### about immersed survivors. You have clothing sets that make you bloody invisible. What anti-stealth perks are there compared to the slew of free stealth perks you guys have?

    BBQ isn't cuz it has baseline counters and a perk to counter it. Whispers? Just hide, you have 3rd person camera ffs. Spies? Crouch near birds/Calm Spirit. Bloodhound is about the only true anti-stealth perk, run No Mither. You get Dance With Me, Quick and Quiet, Iron Will, Distortion, Lightweight, Calm Spirit, Spine Chill, Premonition, Urban Evasion, Alert, Diversion, Object Of Obsession(funny you say it's an aggro perk, it's both aggro and stealth if you're smart enough to know how to use it), and Poised. Should we remove all those too?

    You wanna know why lockers got "nerfed"? Cuz survivors were abusing them cuz they now block killer aura reading. Funny how you forgot to mention that in your post. It was supposed to work a few patches ago, but it didn't until Plague patch. Guess what side abused this fact and ran Object Of Obsession for free sight on the killer all game?

    I've had incredible solo games. My team knew how to do gens, run the killer, and it was a blast, but no one mentions those cuz that disrupts the SOLO IMPOSSIBLE narrative.

    NOED is fine, if you get 4k'd by it you're a bad player and deserved to die.

    I've been thinking of using lightweight but am still sketchy about it. Have you gone agaisnt anyone with it and would you say it works well?

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388022#Comment_388022

    It's totally fair to auto-lose the game against good-excellent survivors that I played "fairly" against with a non-Nurse/Billy killer because 3-4 of them are alive due to my "fair" play and I commit to a chase endgame.

    Nerf killer endgame, guys.

    @PickCollins

    Any survivor with a key when hatch spawns or left alive when it is open can use it regardless of their contributions to the game. It's a trash mechanic that causes frustration on both sides.

    I'm the only one they didn't reply to.

    :(

  • I went from survivor main to killer main, now I'm slowly getting back into survivor so I'm kinda halfway.

    I would like to know your rank if it's ok with you, just to get an idea. (And please type @LCGaster so that I receive a notification of your reply)

    At first I hated NOED but after a while I just stopped caring, if there was NOED I would avoid the killer as much as possible, I am pretty decent at stealth and very good at the chase, but then it depends on the day and how tired I am. I got some salt from fellow survivors "WhY dIdN't YoU sAvE mE?!?!?!" because there's NOED and the killer is camping.

    I used NOED when I first started playing killer, sometimes it gave me a lucky kill 'cause I sucked, one time I got a message when using it on Doctor "Don't use NOED", the problem is that I just started to level up Doc and I had nothing better to use, the other perks were literally useless. Nowadays I never use it, except for meme builds like the Gate Nurse.

    DS got nerfed because it had no counter play and stopped all of the killer's momentum, NOED does have counter play, I know you read it a billion times already but if you see a dull totem during the match cleanse it, it doesn't take that long and the more you cleanse the less you will need to look for NOED, if there is. Totems spawn in specific locations, so try to memorize them.

    To be fair, I started to cleanse all dull totems I see fairly recently, when I was a survivor main I was the troll/toxic chase guy, I am not proud of it.

  • The term "gen rushing" is just a stupid phrase. Its the primary goal of the Surviviors to do the generators, would you be ok with Surviviors having a perk that forces killers to do something that isn't kill the Surviviors and then call them "kill rushers" when they skip that tactic and go straight for Surviviors? No. Rushing to finish your primary win condition isn't cheesey, it's smart.


    And as for NOED. Let me just say this. Surviviors aren't sitting around the map with their thumb up their ass waiting for generators to auto repair themselves. They have to avoid the killer, position themselves properly if they get caught so they don't die, do the gens, and cleanse all lit totems. Everyone here defending NOED is srsly gonna effing tell me that if 1 dull totem slips Through the cracks, then the killer who wasn't even good enough to apply proper gen pressure deserves a haste and insta down?

    Fuuuuuuuuck that. That's as crutch as DS.

  • they just need to remove the 4 % buff to speed

  • @PickCollins said:

    The term "gen rushing" is just a stupid phrase. Its the primary goal of the Surviviors to do the generators, would you be ok with Surviviors having a perk that forces killers to do something that isn't kill the Surviviors and then call them "kill rushers" when they skip that tactic and go straight for Surviviors? No. Rushing to finish your primary win condition isn't cheesey, it's smart.

    And as for NOED. Let me just say this. Surviviors aren't sitting around the map with their thumb up their ass waiting for generators to auto repair themselves. They have to avoid the killer, position themselves properly if they get caught so they don't die, do the gens, and cleanse all lit totems. Everyone here defending NOED is srsly gonna effing tell me that if 1 dull totem slips Through the cracks, then the killer who wasn't even good enough to apply proper gen pressure deserves a haste and insta down?

    Fuuuuuuuuck that. That's as crutch as DS.

    Your primary win condition is to interact with the killer and the environment to please the entity, not to hold m1 for 160seconds and then run out the exit gate. Cleansing totems isn't even hard, if you're not doing gens in the first place the killer won't find you.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387978#Comment_387978

    By this logic is bamboozle a crutch too? The killer removed all mindgame from that T-wall or L-Wall or jungle-gym, you have to drop the pallet or abandon the loop. Nobody cries about Bamboozle but it's a WAY stronger perk and a way stronger crutch.

    NOED Is no more a crutch than RUIN is one, both help you win the game, NOED helps you win endgame, RUIN helps you never reach endgame in the first place, the only difference is that the Genrush meta encourages NOED. I guarantee you nobody would run NOED if ppl used small game.

    Also don't kid yourself, you're not becoming better by letting survivors run out in endgame if you're not playing a 1hit k.o killer.

    The fact that you’re even comparing bamboozle to noed is a joke.

    @Caretaker said:

    Totems are hard to find. :c It's not like they have specific tiles they spawn on EVERY game. Not like they can only spawn on those specific tiles, in specific easily searched spots. It's not like the killer often times run to the totem to check it early giving away it's position. It's not like there's a perk specifically designed to go, 'Hey, totem over here." Oh, I'm sorry, let me fix that last bit, "Hey, free 600-1000 points here. :D"

    14s per totem, that's what? 70 seconds overall? Could actually be shot down to roughly 28s~ best case scenario and you all just happen to find totems after spawning. In a match that takes roughly 3-5 minutes? You can spare a minute to do totems. Assuming you're team isn't potatoes or screaming don't do totems do gens and cleanse a few themselves that's even less time.

    You totally can't just leave the match since that tricky NOED totem is blocking the exit gate lever, and the gate. :c If only you could remember the spawns and check if it's lit or blow it up or something. NOED really is just so overpowered. I don't understand why it hasn't been nerfed a 4th time already, *sigh*

    Why can't they make good, totally balanced perks like Adrenaline or Sprint Burst all the time? Now those are perks that have plenty of counterplay and require skill.

    Sprint burst is literally on a cooldown and adrenaline, unlike noed, rewards survivors for completing objectives.

  • @Numinous said:

    If it was as simple as just cleansing the totems, then why would killers run it? If it is so easy to get rid of the perk, then why do you rely on it regularly? It's because they know that totems aren't cleansed most of the time, and that it will get them an easy 4 man after the gates are powered. It's especially hard to counter in solos due to the fact that you can't communicate with your teammates how many totems are left and whatnot.

    Maybe killers should stop telling others to "git gud" and try killing the survivors before the survivors finish all of the gens. I understand NOED as a counter to a 4 man team rushing gens, but running it regulary against randoms (which, let's be honest, are basically bots) is completely unnecessary and unfair, especially after they've waited 10+ minutes for a game because of this matchmaking system.

    But if you kill all the survivors before they finish gens, you're camping, tunneling POS. 🤨

  • Gen rushing is indeed pretty "smart" if you enjoy de-pipping/safety pipping regardless of escape, activating NOED, and coming to the forums to complain about it.

    It's pretty crazy how playing "stupid" and interacting with the killer/pallets/chests/TOTEMS is actively awarded in game via various means (Emblems/BP/Items/DISABLING KILLER PERKS) by the very people that designed the game.

    Gen Rush away, good sir.

    Gen Rush away.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390598#Comment_390598

    @PickCollins You mean NOED should be a shiny totem from the start of the trial? That would make it useless.

    Also, you can force a killer to lose their bloodlust. Blind them or force them to break a pallet. And don't forget that Bloodlust got nerfed. What we are currently dealing with as Bloodlust tier 3 is the old Bloodlust tier 2.

    No. Just make it a normal hex totem like ruin, devour hope, and haunted ground. Enough of this "if it's dull you should be scared" BS. Dull totems are meant to be padding for score, not a catalyst for bad players to get free reward

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390858#Comment_390858

    Dribbling was a bullshit exploit created by the community to counter this bullshit perk, nothing more. I'm sure the devs didn't plan ahead that killers could just drop the survivor before hitting the skillcheck. Even if they did their thought process wouldn't have went as far as thinking you could "dribble" survivors to counter the perk. Even then, I already mentioned that it isn't always an option + it wastes a good chunk of time.

    The noed change where all tiers get the exposed effect was absolutely needed. Perk tiers 1&2 should at least be usable. Noed 1&2 were absolutely and utterly useless to the point where you'd see better use out of Unrelenting and spamming M1 at any hint of survivors. A good example of perk tiers would be Urban Evasion, tier 1&2 are still very good and 3 is a nice boost to the perk's effect.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390907#Comment_390907

    You STILL insist on keeping your head in your backside. I already told you the reason the DEVS decided to nerf was because it had no downside to justify its strength. The situation you described was more of an annoying/I so didn't expect that type situation.

    Tell me this, if you're constantly getting dicked on by this noob perk that only *noobs* use, what does that make you when you keep getting smacked by noobs?

    Someone who is sick of crutch perks. I'm guessing ur a killer main so what was ur frustration with decisive? Was it bc it stopped you from tunnelling your obsession? Or maybe you couldn't carry a Survivior to the basement from a long distance? Well whatever it was, you got ur wish and the perk is now worthless.


    I gladly play both roles and I refuse to run NOED bc it's a perk for noobs. Call a spade a spade, the perk is no fun, rewards bad gameplay, and gives killers free, undeserved kills.


    If Surviviors Don't get their free escape killers shouldn't get their free kills.

  • You're talking about free escapes and kills, but you've never addressed my counter to your "the hatch rewards a survivor for..." point from a while ago, or perhaps you just chose to ignore that, much like you ignore most points brought up to you with the same linear reasoning.

    You have also just stated that you think the previous iteration of DS was an anti-tunneling tool for the Obsession (it wasn't, as it could be activated at first down through "fair" play) and that the whole dull totem system is "just for padding" despite NOED literally being reworked to provide a reason to actively seek out said "padding."

  • NOED is fine as it is... Stop crying please.


    legionsmileypurple.png


  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390939#Comment_390939

    Someone who is sick of crutch perks. I'm guessing ur a killer main so what was ur frustration with decisive? Was it bc it stopped you from tunnelling your obsession? Or maybe you couldn't carry a Survivior to the basement from a long distance? Well whatever it was, you got ur wish and the perk is now worthless.

    I gladly play both roles and I refuse to run NOED bc it's a perk for noobs. Call a spade a spade, the perk is no fun, rewards bad gameplay, and gives killers free, undeserved kills.

    If Surviviors Don't get their free escape killers shouldn't get their free kills.

    Survivors get their free escapes by:

    Being able to kobe

    having ######### map design on their side

    having the hatch

    having ridiculously low gentimes now just made worse with the new prove thyself.

    having voicecom to coordinate everything

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390621#Comment_390621

    No. Just make it a normal hex totem like ruin, devour hope, and haunted ground. Enough of this "if it's dull you should be scared" BS. Dull totems are meant to be padding for score, not a catalyst for bad players to get free reward

    @PickCollins So yes, you want it to be a shiny totem from the start of the trial? It would not survive to the endgame. Or do you mean it should be active from the start, as the other hex totems?

    Off-topic: Please use the @ tag. Quotes don't give notifications anymore.

  • Tbh all hextotems should be nerfed but they should also not be lit

  • Hex totems and their placement are both pretty weak, in my opinion.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Hex totems and their placement are both pretty weak, in my opinion.

    Some can be, but playing killer, I’ve had some really good ones on maps like the game and corn maps. Others like auto haven are garbage.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390858#Comment_390858

    DS literally had no counter, if the survivor didn't want to get dribbled he'd run into a map corner.

    I've have not seen that happen once in my entire time of play DBD before the DS nerf. And I played PS4 and PC.

  • @Hag_Main_Big_Brain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390869#Comment_390869

    I've have not seen that happen once in my entire time of play DBD before the DS nerf. And I played PS4 and PC.

    Good for you, sure happened to me.

  • @drunky26 said:

    "JuSt ClEaNse ThE tOtEmS" isn't a proper counter because first you have to find all 5 totems and cleanse them which does take time.

    And I don't really want to waste my time finding and destroying them because the killer might not even use the perk.

    Only bad killers will defend it and say it's balanced "just destroy the totems haha".

    It's a crutch perk for bad killers. I've seen so many bad killers get undeserved 4k, it feels the worst when you loop the killer for a while, you outmindgame him, you're clearly better than him and then he literally sh*ts on you with his little crutch perk.

    Just get rid of it, devs. Thx.

    There are plenty of perks to help you find them and if you don't don't to waste a perk slot bring a map. Seriously just learn the spawns and if at least 2 survivors focuse on totems then noed never gets activated. Not too long ago I made a kyf group and told them im gunna try my best to end the game as fast as possible and ill use noed. It never activated and out of the 8 games I won 3.

  • @PreGum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388035#Comment_388035

    Did you even read my post? I clearly stated I’ve read such posts and that this post isn’t about how to counter noed. LITERALLY the only reason I posted this is because as a killer main, I didn’t have an issue with noed and I rarely used it, but now that I’ve played survivor I can see how annoying and crutch-like the perk is. If you can complain about DS til it gets nerfed, then why can’t we do the same for any other perk?

    Simple, there is no perk as op as DS once was. Noed has counter play while ds did not, you can only blame yourself if your not cleansing totems you see throughout the game.

  • If dull totems counted towards Lightbringer and destroying one had a map-wide sound effect similar to, but not the same as, a Hex totem, that would solve a LOT of problems.

    Survivors are incentivized to destroy totems beyond avoiding NOED. Might not exactly decrease the chance of it being proc'd but will at the very least bring more awareness to the fact it can exist.

    Killers get more time whether or not they use NOED, since survivors will be trying to get more emblem points.

    Survivors are given more opportunities to get LB emblem which right now is a zero sum game. If every survivor does 1 gen which is a reasonable expectation, no one gets higher than silver. Maybe 1 person will get gold if they do some of the last gen and an exit gate. It's dumb.

    Everybody wins.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388050#Comment_388050

    Simple, there is no perk as op as DS once was. Noed has counter play while ds did not, you can only blame yourself if your not cleansing totems you see throughout the game.

    Except I do cleanse totems as I see them and I can still get punished for it. Like I said in multiple comments on this thread, I didn’t write this to discuss what’s been said on millions of other posts.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @ShirtlessDwight

    " those perks but to do it in nearly every game has made this game really fkn boring. "

    mmh... let me think for a moment… perk diversity… like...

    SC, SB, DS for over 2 years? Along a handful of runner ups filling the 4th slot?

    Just goes to show how bad the devs are at shaking up the meta and keeping things fresh

  • @NoShinyPony no, just tie it to a normal totem. I never really understood why NOED needed to be unique in this aspect. Devour Hope is tied to a lit totem. Huntresses lullaby is tied to a lit totem. I'm sure there are other Hex perks that take time to activate and are tied to lit totems but I'm sick and away from my computer so I can't really look, but do you see what I mean?

    NOED is currently the safest hex perk in the game while simultaneously being one of the strongest, if not the strongest. It isn't just the counterplay aspect to it. It's the nature of the perk itself that irks me.

    If a Survivior group completes their primary objective but fails their secondary, the killer gets a massive benefit. But this would only happen if simultaneously the killer failed both their primary and secondary objective. That's my issue with the perk. The nature of NOED is very "crutch". It holds up bad killers. One example is a game I played against a Wraith that I mentioned a while ago. But bc if I were in your shoes I wouldn't want to dig through this post looking for it, I'll just give a recap.

    There was a wraith doing rly bad against my soloq group. We were all doing good. Our other Meg and Jane were looping him really well, I got 3/5 gens done and Nea got the other two. But our Jane went down right before the final Gen popped. I run over to save Jane from the hook bc I thought Wraith was gone, but he came around the corner and insta downed me, he proceeded to get Meg and Nea before the door even opened. The Wraith had NOED, obviously.

    My point is, why should that wraith deserve a 4k? He failed to kill the Surviviors before the gens were done. Did he deserve the 4k bc we left one totem? That dichotomy seems very bent in favor of the killer, yet so many people would assure you that killers are underpowered and how borderline everything in the game is focused on making killers weak. Strongest example: Thyde Thyme.

    My point is I'm not exactly sure why such a powerful hex perk gets to be so SAFE. Know what I mean? The whole nature of hex Totems is that they're supposed to be high risk. So why NOED gets some odd exemption from that rule irks me.

1 2 3 ›