Can these offerings be retired? What do you think?

I think the following offerings can be retired, for reasons I'll explain.

  • Fog modifiers. My thinking here is the same as the devs' when they retired lighting modifiers. It'll make map design easier and remove some of the clutter from bloodwebs.
  • Shrouds. The code for these seems to work most of the time, but when it fails, it fails hard. They're also backwards - killers would prefer survivors to be closer together, whereas survivors would prefer to be apart. Like the previous offerings, this would remove some of the clutter from the bloodweb.

What do you think?

Comments

  • These seem like good ideas to me because I don't care about fog modifiers that much just something in my blood web tbh, and shrouds you are right about it being backwards survivors don't want to be together seems like these offerings wouldn't be missed that much

  • I agree with the fog modifiers being removed but not the shroud because I like to trade items I'll even message randoms to trade before the game sometimes

  • Yeah throw in coldwind offerings too

  • Only the fog modifiers for killers should be changed to all lessening the fog. The rest are okay.

  • Fogs I'm okay with seeing go. Shrouds I'm not so sure. At the very least, I think the one that lets you start as far from the Killer as possible does what it is supposed to do and should stay.

  • @TAG said:

    Fogs I'm okay with seeing go. Shrouds I'm not so sure. At the very least, I think the one that lets you start as far from the Killer as possible does what it is supposed to do and should stay.

    Since the game launched, I've heard reports that it sometimes glitches and instead places you right next to the killer. Hell, I've experienced it myself many times, on both sides.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365050#Comment_365050

    Since the game launched, I've heard reports that it sometimes glitches and instead places you right next to the killer. Hell, I've experienced it myself many times, on both sides.

    If that is true, I would say the solution should be to fix the offering as opposed to outright remove it.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365053#Comment_365053

    If that is true, I would say the solution should be to fix the offering as opposed to outright remove it.

    The question is about whether or not fixing it is worth the effort. Lighting offerings were retired because they required reworks of every single map every single time they updated the engine. The same probably holds true of fog offerings.

    Shrouds are reversed, as mentioned in the OP, and the one that puts you far away from the killer really serves no practical purpose given that the spawning system already places survivors far away from the killer by default.

  • Yes, please. The less junk in the bloodweb the better

  • Yeah take em out

  • They could also take out the 1 less hook, and yellow coins to be honest also. The only offerings survivors really care about are the purple coin, bp, and maps.

  • They should put in more offerings though, ones that actually work properly and affect the game in an interesting way. Like for killer maybe an offering to make 2 basements, add extra dull totems, have fewer pallets on the map, block extra windows, make fewer lockers appear, or to make hex totems look like dull totems. For survivors there could be offerings to increase the amount of pallets, block fewer windows, increase the amount of lockers, maybe even add an extra generator or gate. Of course some of the survivor ones might have to be unstackable though

    This is just brainstorming, but I think having more offerings would make them more interesting than just "extra loot/BP" on one hand yeah they kinda clog up the bloodweb but if we had some good ones they'd be worth getting

    Might get annoying if they are used every other game though, maybe there shouldn't be survivor offerings that are too good since there are 4 of them and much more likely to have at least one really good offering every game

  • i dont want them to be removed, but maybe reworked?

    maybe the shroud could let them spawn alone, but also show their spawning locations to you?

    and the fog offerings could affect aura reading abilities (for both sides)?


    just some quick thoughts...

  • I don't use either as killer - last thing I want is 4-man SWF spread on 4 gens, or a fog machine blocking view of the claudettes.

    As survivor, I use both, and would like to keep doing so.

  • And 50% bonus bps offerings

  • The fog ones can definitely go. Screw the super-ultra immersed Survivors. Sorry, but you can’t stay invisible.

    The shrouds should be reworked unless the devs just can’t fix the main problems. Then they can be retired from public matches.

  • @HeroLives said:

    They could also take out the 1 less hook, and yellow coins to be honest also. The only offerings survivors really care about are the purple coin, bp, and maps.

    Didn't they change all the hook offerings so it affects distance and not number of hooks? I like both coin offerings, obvs purple is the most useful, but if I'm treasure hunting and I only have yellows one more chest is better than nothing.

    Honestly I'd love it if they brought back the old map offerings (the browns and yellows) but bumped them all up to green status, or brought back all the browns and yellows bumped em to green and bumped the current greens to pinks or smth. I think it'd be nice to have more "variety" in map offerings.

    I like fog offerings honestly, but the ones that add more fog are next to useless for every killer but Wraith I think.

  • I'd like to see the purple fog bottles kept tbh along with the killer ones. I'm a killer main, and while I don't currently use the bottles on my killers whilst I'm still prestiging them, it's nice that it's available and I would use them when I have p3 killers and not worrying about the BP's as much. The purples bottles change the fog significantly and that's why I'd like to see them left in the game. I personally think it's a fun concept being able to increase the fog density to try and be a bit stealthier. I actually a little bit excited when I see a survivor use a purple bottle, adds a bit of spice to whatever map we're playing, because I know it's now going to be a slightly different experience and it add's more atmosphere to what is meant to be a horror game. The grey and yellow bottles for survivors can go, I agree, as they barely make a difference to the fog unless they get stacked (which never happens unless a group of SWF decides to, which also never happens). But yeah, I do like the option and ability to use an offering that can can be used for a variable to change up the map slightly and adds atmosphere and that's why I want to see the purple bottles stay in the bloodwebs at the very least if they do remove the others.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    The fog ones can definitely go. Screw the super-ultra immersed Survivors. Sorry, but you can’t stay invisible.

    The shrouds should be reworked unless the devs just can’t fix the main problems. Then they can be retired from public matches.

    I just find it funny that you are using the Doctor as your avatar and are talking about "super immersed" survivors. Ummm....no such thing with the Doctor.

    Seriously though, leave the immersed ones alone. It is a play style and is meant to be that way. There are so many addons, perks, and powers that destroy stealth, a bit of fog should not be an issue.

  • I think the following offerings can be retired, for reasons I'll explain. Fog modifiers.

    I'll like to see the blood point offerings get some love because you rarely make a profit from them. I'm talking about the 50%, 75%, and the 100% in a single category offerings.

  • I like the super-foggy matches, it's more frightening that way. Like if it were a movie.

  • I think the following offerings can be retired, for reasons I'll explain. Fog modifiers.

    I agree with these offerings being retired. Fog modifiers are just a meme, they're hardly useful except for like Freddy or cold wind farm maps (if you get the ones with corn.)

    As for the shrouds if they're not retired at the very least switch the killers shroud with the survivors shroud. Because killers want the entire group to be on one gen, it makes it easier to apply pressure, and giving the killers the shroud to separate them just hinders themselves. This includes giving them the option to thicken the fog, it just handicaps yourself.

  • Both shrouds are useful for either side, but they're fine the way they are

    >spread out survivors so it's easier to find one at the start of a match

    >spawn with another survivor to work on a gen together

  • Both definitely needs a rework/changes. Or actually removes them completely to make a space for better offerings.

  • @Orion Not all maps have the Moonlight (Lery, The Game) and some have vast areas within buildings (Lampkin Lane, Badham...), so Bouquets cannot even operate there. The Fog is everywhere and is part of the lore and the atmosphere, the only natural element which can make a map a little different from its normal look. I like it very much and I'd like more environmental effects and even dangers in the external maps.

  • I like the fog offerings and loved the lighting offerings even more, the darkness and fog made the game scary, it'd be a sad day if this game turned into dead by brightness

  • Yes, I agree. These offerings should be removed.

  • What killer benefits more from fog and shroud than a survivor would?

    Hag and trapper to cover the traps perhaps? Piggy?

    And shrouds benefits solely the survivors. They either start all together and kill one gen really fast or they start separate and have the perfect setup for genrush. Maybe Discordance could synergies with the first shroud, but you still almost certainly lose the first gen fast.

    Maybe I understand them wrong and would love to learn.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365117#Comment_365117

    Didn't they change all the hook offerings so it affects distance and not number of hooks? I like both coin offerings, obvs purple is the most useful, but if I'm treasure hunting and I only have yellows one more chest is better than nothing.

    Honestly I'd love it if they brought back the old map offerings (the browns and yellows) but bumped them all up to green status, or brought back all the browns and yellows bumped em to green and bumped the current greens to pinks or smth. I think it'd be nice to have more "variety" in map offerings.

    I like fog offerings honestly, but the ones that add more fog are next to useless for every killer but Wraith I think.

    I didn’t know they changed the hook offering Bc honestly I never used it unless it was for a meme

  • @Orion

    "I think the following offerings can be retired, for reasons I'll explain.

    • Fog modifiers. My thinking here is the same as the devs' when they retired lighting modifiers. It'll make map design easier and remove some of the clutter from bloodwebs.
    • Shrouds. The code for these seems to work most of the time, but when it fails, it fails hard. They're also backwards - killers would prefer survivors to be closer together, whereas survivors would prefer to be apart. Like the previous offerings, this would remove some of the clutter from the bloodweb.

    What do you think?"

    Fog modifiers are ok, but killer should have ONLY fog reducer offerings. And those should exist in matching power of survivors offerings.

    Shrouds are all the wrong way around. Survivor want to be spread out and killer want them to be clustered up. Most killer have an advantage to find the survivor close together (Doc, Leatherface, Legion are the ones that come to mind immediately).

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51708/can-these-offerings-be-retired-what-do-you-think

    I'll like to see the blood point offerings get some love because you rarely make a profit from them. I'm talking about the 50%, 75%, and the 100% in a single category offerings.

    Agreed. 100.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Yeah throw in coldwind offerings too

    @The_Crusader f*ck this made me laugh really hard