That's No Lamp...

That is a censer, so to those who aren't about researching teasers and just watch for updates and theorys (fair enough) I have something to say, the new teaser of the the arm and smoke, the presumably killer is holding a censer, not a lamp, a censer is an object used for burning herbs and incense during religious ceremonys, especially in christianity.


I thought this is important just to hopefully stop any further insults being thrown over labels. So there you go, there's your daily lesson :)

Comments

  • Are you sure it's not a lamp?

    3245209_0.jpg


  • Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    demise of the faithful.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

  • The inverted Pagoda looks interesting tho

  • @Bloodartist said:

    Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/729/Z5X2QL1GXSZ0.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

    the smoke from the censer makes the shapeshitting transition

  • Completely forgot the other teaser, this chapter is apparently called "Demise of the faithful". And the continuation to "In time of darkness some look for a light to follow" was "But nothing will help them, not even faith".

    Both of these things hint towards Valac imo. Valac originally appears in texts from 1500s so that would satisfy the "oldest by a long shot" claim.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valac


  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/341611#Comment_341611

    the smoke from the censer makes the shapeshitting transition

    I knew it was a shapeshifter.

  • @Bloodartist said:

    Completely forgot the other teaser, this chapter is apparently called "Demise of the faithful". And the continuation to "In time of darkness some look for a light to follow" was "But nothing will help them, not even faith".

    Both of these things hint towards Valac imo. Valac originally appears in texts from 1500s so that would satisfy the "oldest by a long shot" claim.

    @Bloodartist said:

    Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/729/Z5X2QL1GXSZ0.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

    Nice work Bloodartist :)

  • @Bloodartist said:

    Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/729/Z5X2QL1GXSZ0.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

    I thought I was looking at the sky, and the giant hand belonged to a Greek God......Now I see the picture clearly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    E1251A85-E2A7-4CBC-9BAB-A101FA26B750.png


  • "That's no lamp . . ."

    . . . that's a space station!

  • Think about it though, faith can mean more that just religious devotion. Faith can mean trust as well. "Have faith in your fellow surviviors".

    "But nothing will help them, not even faith."

    This killer's power will be shape shifting as they make it harder for you to have faith in your allies.

    Plus, why else would they use so much fog/smoke? The smoke is part of a saying: "smoke and mirrors". A phrase commonly associated with illusions.

    If the killer is a shape shifter I will be VERY interested into how this power affects Bond.

  • Pretty much we're going to get a religious killer. To be absolutely honest I think he's going to drown the entire area in mist

  • It almost looks like ashes, like he's using his cremated victims

  • Ever since the teaser came out with the picture, I had assumed it was gonna be a religious/cult creature of a sort. For some reason, I keep thinking of Deacons of the Deep from Dark Souls.

  • oof... so a killer who uses the fog to travel fast and then the censer as a whip... nice.

    Killer with a whip style of attack... it might even pull the survivor back to the killer.

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/341640#Comment_341640

    Think about it though, faith can mean more that just religious devotion. Faith can mean trust as well. "Have faith in your fellow surviviors".

    "But nothing will help them, not even faith."

    This killer's power will be shape shifting as they make it harder for you to have faith in your allies.

    Plus, why else would they use so much fog/smoke? The smoke is part of a saying: "smoke and mirrors". A phrase commonly associated with illusions.

    If the killer is a shape shifter I will be VERY interested into how this power affects Bond.

    Nah you are reading too much into it. They don't have a killer yet that uses the fog. I think it will use the fog as a way to travel faster.... then the censer is a whip attack that can pull the survivor to the killer.

  • If the Wraith is Ding Dong


    Then is this killer Bing Bong? With the smoke and all that...

  • @Bloodartist said:

    Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/729/Z5X2QL1GXSZ0.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

    So essentially, it's a demon killer?

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/341611#Comment_341611

    the smoke from the censer makes the shapeshitting transition

    We already got Wraith for slipping in and out of something. I really hope the devs don't go for "Its just like wraith but smoke instead!".

  • Could be a dead bee hive.

  • Zombie bee keeper new killer confirmed

  • @Eninya

    I am in love with his song 'hellfire'. It made me quite happy to see Frollo here lol

    Back to topic, I don't think it will be a shapeshifter killer. Killers already complain about SWF, the devs will not give them more reason to complain about.

  • Maybe the killer will have or use some new fog mechanic when hunting survivors. If so then that would make me more hopeful for Pumpkinhead being the next licensed killer. Or just wishful thinking hehe.

  • I'd love a creepy Nun ~_~


  • @iceman2kx said:

    Ever since the teaser came out with the picture, I had assumed it was gonna be a religious/cult creature of a sort. For some reason, I keep thinking of Deacons of the Deep from Dark Souls.

    I thought the same thing.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Zombie bee keeper new killer confirmed

    "No! Not the bees!"

  • @The_Crusader said:

    If the Wraith is Ding Dong

    Then is this killer Bing Bong? With the smoke and all that...

    No! Wraith is Mr Bing Bong! Dont sully his title!

    This killer, would be mr Chong. Lol

  • @Bloodartist said:

    Here is the picture I took from the teaser:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/729/Z5X2QL1GXSZ0.jpg

    That is indeed a censer. Also notice how the chain is wrapped around the hand. And there is some fancy rings in those fingers.

    There was a guesswork vid I just watched from a fog whisperer whose name just escapes me this moment, and he had an idea I'm starting to believe.

    He implied that the killer might be based on the public domain version of the demon Valac, who is a demon that preys upon the faithful. That is, the same demon as in the movie Conjuring 2 and the Nun, only that this would not be the Nun and instead have an original appearance in order to avoid copyright issues. Valac itself is really old and thus public domain.

    Hey do you agree that, that hand looks awfully similar to Nurse? I think we might be getting a top tier killer. Cause most killers who have detailed hands (Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy to some extent, Huntress) are pretty good killers. Just a theory but this killer might be another Nurse.

  • Maybe new killer will be able to go through walls or windows.

  • @Jed said:

    Maybe the killer will have or use some new fog mechanic when hunting survivors. If so then that would make me more hopeful for Pumpkinhead being the next licensed killer. Or just wishful thinking hehe.

    I got you fam:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48592/killer-creation-licensed-the-avenger#latest

  • I hope the killer like tries to consume the map with fog and the survivors have to find/use lanterns or something ("some look for a light to follow") to clear the fog or they won't be able to see very well and the killer can come right up on them. And the lanterns should run out and the survivors have to find more. So it's a constant battle of spreading/removing fog. Even if it isn't like this I like the idea of a fog/smoke killer so I hope that's a big part of the killer and not just a thing on the teaser