Are you ready for the new endgame?
The DS/BT escape meta is going to be pretty funzo.
Unhook - BT (hit + chase + hit) - unavoidable DS (chase + hit) seems pretty reasonable during the endgame.
Unhook - BT (hit + chase + hit) - unavoidable DS (chase + hit) seems pretty reasonable during the endgame.
Comments
Yee... Can't wait for all the killers running Rancor and Enduring.
Reminder: Insidious beats Borrowed Time.
This is what I can't wait for....
10 One gen left....
20 Find and hook the obsession...
30 Last gen pops...
40 Killer returns to hook to secure kill...
50 Teammate rescues hooked survivor...
60 Killer hits down rescuer during unhooking process...
70 Killer chases unhooked obsession, gets rancored.
80 Killer returns, picks up rescuer and hooks them.
90 GOTO 40 REPEAT UNTIL ALL SURVIVORS DEAD
End of match.
Screw your BT.
LOL! Good Luck with that more like 4 at the door doing this....

Oh God, Imagine DS, BT and Adrenaline
I Suppose you could counter with Noed, Rancor and Enduring tho.
Can't wait for the Ebony Mori meta either. I won't really be a part of that myself buuuuuuttttt
Probably... But.. That scenario will come up more often then you think. Maybe not all 4.. but I wouldn't be surprised if a few SWF groups get nailed by it.
Imagine having to deal with Borrowed Time.
This post was made by the Wraith gang.
Got my insidious packed up.
Good on you for adapting to changes so quick. At least I get my BBQ stacks.
Bacon Bros. RIIIIIIIIIIIISE UP
I'll guard the Shack pallet, someone grab a Trapper to trap the window. And someone needs to guard the other door. Bubba has the stairs.
Oh god stop bitching the devs said they're going to rework it.
However unlucky if your with me as I run neither so your dying on the hook or dying on the hook
"I hate seeing the Obsession marker, but at least i know when instant DS is coming...it is the unknown DS users that really suck."
Devs - Hold my drink!
*makes it harder to secure midgame kills in an already fast meta, while setting up guaranteed endgame escapes if the killer is already doing poorly/survivors are coordinated enough to save their DS to compliment their endgame BT saves, all the while denying killer access to knowing whether DS is in play and neutering most Obsession perks on both sides*
**returns and slams drink**
I guess this is the start of the Enduring meta
it was much better the other way with you knowing who had it and the others needed to struggle. They could have just made it so the obsession had it and no one else if you have 2,3,or 4 in one game it is luck of the draw who has it and the other 3 are playing minus a perk.
I love how Dying Light seems to have not been considered.
Free escape + returning to normal action speed = sensible, haha.
So broken it isn't even real. All those Freddy Mains who have been waiting patiently, I'm really concerned for his "rework".
When I first started playing I thought that's what it did, I was so disappointed and confused.
They have a new Q&A where they mention it but they don't actually say anything about it, it was disappopinting, they said they're excited to see how it goes but so far no plans to change it.
One of the positives of maining Wraith.
- Had 2 survivors dead, 2 alive
- Chasing Nea
- Last gen pops
- Get Nea down, hook her.
- Assume other has opened exit gate, so nothing left to do but camp this one out
- She kobes
- Knock down, put on hook
Now with this new DS there is no way I would have been able to do that and she would have been free to get to the exit gate. There isn't even a notification that anyone has DS.
I think in general the direction of the perk is good but it needs a solution for endgame. This is still going to be an OP perk with no counter play. They could crawl out in those 60 seconds easily.
Needing bloodwarden+enduring just to counter DS is not realistic. Plus theres no guarentee bloodwarden would even still be up by the time they get there. If they have Deliverance they can sit on the hook until just before the second stage.
In fact Deliverance itself is buffed now because now it doesn't matter if you're broken because you still have the crutch perk to fall back on.
You seriously believe the devs are gonna let you rancor kill more than one guy??? Lmao. I don't think you typed your post with a straight face.
This!
Looks like they most probably will ...
Looking at all this mess I think it would've been better just to insta-drop/stun all non-obsession DS, so no more wasting time until they struggled out. That is such a gamebreaker now.
Or as @fcc2014 says, have all non-obsession lose a perk slot. That would be the downside of equipping DS, the risk of not being able to use it. You want to make it sure? Equip 2 or 3 obsession perks yourself
We will see once people have all these "free" escapes at the end of the game. People like @The_Crusader is starting to catch on to what i was getting at. @Master and I both believe this wasn't a nerf at all. My personal opinion BHVR ######### this up ROYALLY!
Yeah I also think it was a buff to DS and a nerf to NOED at the same time...
- Had 2 sacrificed, 2 alive
- Last gen done while I'm in a chase, put Nea on hook after
- Assume as this point the other player had opened a door and is coming back for the unhook so might as well camp this last kill
- Nea kobes, I knock her down and put her back on the hook
And I realized that under the new system she would have been better off. It would have been an instant DS, or 60 seconds is more than enough to crawl to an exit gate.
You either pick them up and take the stun or you leave them slugged for a minute hoping it wears off in time as you count the seconds in your head. The fact that there is no telltale sign is a real problem. I think killers need a notification the same way surviors get an "exposed" timer on their screen.
- Had 2 sacrificed, 2 alive
- Last gen done while I'm in a chase, put Nea on hook after
- Assume as this point the other player had opened a door and is coming back for the unhook so might as well camp this last kill
- Nea kobes, I knock her down and put her back on the hook
And I realized that under the new system she would have been better off. It would have been an instant DS, or 60 seconds is more than enough to crawl to an exit gate.
You either pick them up and take the stun or you leave them slugged for a minute hoping it wears off in time as you count the seconds in your head. The fact that there is no telltale sign is a real problem. I think killers need a notification the same way surviors get an "exposed" timer on their screen.
I really hate the idea of being forced to pick perks nut if that'd thw price to pay for ds, then I will gladly do that
What are you saying.. It says so in their QA... The obsession can change and as a result, you can have the chance to mori more then one survivor at the end with rancor.
it sounds like a nightmare for either side that comes underprepared for that match, because they don’t want to hop aboard the toxic train, and give into a new meta Bc they want to play with perks they like.
But both sides will get frustrated from getting ran over one way or another and cave. basically being sheep hearded into a play style to counter counters. Probz gonna fill the forums with disaster end is near posts.
Ebony Mori saving them up by the dozens now
Yea i remeber
when the devs buffed urban evasion and everyone said: new crouch meta
oh wait didnt happen nvm
i approve of that BW change, that ######### as a survivor always catches me off guard and I LOVE IT.
but i hope the ptb, people actually attempt to have real games with the new DS. I am curious to see how it will play out.
I'm ready!
just don't tunnel? lol
Unless you mean not to tunnel endgame:
"Go, my friend, the doors are open! Enjoy your free escape!"