PSA: Players are getting frustrated.
I took a gander over on Steam , and I have started seeing people review-bombing the game. Was this the desired outcome you all wanted?
People don't take kindly to having their rewards tampered with.
And yes, this is due to the brilliant idea of nerfing cake rates.
Comments
Devs will never learn they take a small step forward up then fall down the stairs.
Doesn't this happen every year? Either way its a big game so no matter what its gonna do dbd will always have bad reviews. I mean look at literally any popular live service game such as Overwatch it has 40% negative reviews yet it is still one of the most popular shooters.
Review bombing over something like cakes is such a childish behaviour and is just contradicting its initial use. And all the people still complaining after they increased the cake gain within a day are just greedy people who cant get enough. Its fine now, so you could stop claiming otherwise.
"S-S-Stop telling BHVR to be better! They are b-b-b-b-beyond criticism! You sick DbD players are just G-G-GREEDY!"
In case you wanted to know how all of your shilling sounds.
Yeah sorry man but thats how the complainers sound not the ones that don't agree with them. Some of them even literally like that.
I'm genuinely confused - you are in essentially every thread shouting down people annoyed about the cakes.
What does it hurt you for cakes to be more generous?
Is this just being contrarian, or actual malice?
People are leaving their opinion of a game based on the things the developers are doing.
Godforbid.
This event is just such a mess. Invisibility is just…why? And them giving cakes like a 15% buff reads more as a middle finger than anything else.
Again - just let us have cakes the way we used to!
So me or @pidgeon can't state our opinion thats fair. Like why you care that we also state our opinion its problem to you only because we don't agree on your viewpoint. We have the same right to say our viewpoint as you have. If you are taking it as malice seems to be little bit odd when this is conversation forum and people have right to have different opinions. Are you really suggesting that anyone one that disagrees with you should just be quiet so you can be happy.
Nah, those people are propaganding their opinion based on their personal greed.
Nobody should be complaining if they are still playing the game and spending money on it. BHVR aren’t going to do anything differently if the player count stays historically high as it is now. Years of history show that they only respond to feedback with urgency when there is a large exodus of players.
Yknow with the way you throw that word around, can I ask a favor? Can you show me ONE post from prior years anniversary events where someone, ONE PERSON, complained that they received TOO MANY cakes. Please, I am dying to see it.
There is NOTHING greedy about wanting the Cake rarity and frequency to stay the same as it has for the last 8 years.
I have said several times I have no problem of the ammount I get. I even get why it was changed. I am not here to get personal gain just stating my opinion of the matter. Yeah I call it greed as its literally demanding something because you think you are entitled to it. Don't take that last one personally but can't really say it any other way.
Still its not been consistent every year people complain about the cake spawns. Every year there is same conversation it does not matter what amount they make it people will complain.
BHVR won't learn because the playbase isn't willing to commit to teaching them the lesson.
Me leaving a negative review with all my complaints, and then uninstalling the game isn't going to do much, but if everyone who was angry at BHVRs incompetence and greed did it, then BHVR might actually feel that.
Why should I do that? It has absolutely nothing to do with what was said.
And its still greed if you ask for free stuff to be more than enough.
This event has made me loose a lot of faith in Behavior, even more then I've already lost in the last few years.
I don't really care about the cakes much but I'm unsure why people would defend BHVR. It costs them nothing to keep cake rarity as common and it's a clear effort to increase the grind for BP. I could see them doing this next year but being this stingy on the 10 year anniversary is just gross. Between this, playing against endless Jasons, killer queue times, and the anniversary event, this has been an exceptionally miserable anniversary.
You didn't answer the question.
What do you have against raising them?
This is a video game. More cakes hurts nobody. There is no reason not to put them back to where they were other than just being a jerk.
My opinion is not wrong and you have no point proved it to be. My opinion is not also hurting anyone unless they themselves take it as such. Wiser person would just ignore it and keep doing what they want but in the end that is not the case it seems.
as shown time and again the only way to see change is to review bomb.
Studios just won’t care otherwise. You want change? Hit ‘em where it hurts, their optics and their bottom line.
We gotta hold them accountable lest they just serve us mediocrity till the end of time.
I have no time to review bomb and i don't see the value in doing so.
There's a legal principle I forget the name of, but I do not need to prove your opinion wrong until you've attempted to prove it right.
So, okay then. Let's take a look under the hood here.
Without any more dodging, deflection or desperately trying to change the subject, why should cakes be rare?
What, you don't like instantly losing matches because it's a SWF that knows how to become basically invulnerable at all times or take you hostage in a corner of the map with an unbreakable pallet?
You are the one who is deflecting trying to get me to answer some question you want an answer. I have stated the reasons why I don't see a problem how they are currently. Like legality has nothing to do with this.
What gets me is even in my survivor matches, I'm still getting survivors trying to go next in the event. Against a Pig, last time it happened.
That's what's exhausting me more than the lack of cakes or balance issues, aside.
I'm going to close this because it seems as if many of you cannot seem to have a mature discussion without throwing insults around - reminder here that this is a mature rated game and we actually expect people to behave in a mature fashion on this forum, which many in this thread are failing to do.
Criticism is fine, its welcome - throwing insults and personally attacking people is not!