Is there something being done about this?
So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors, but I still face an issue that I feel is still unfair to us. I main and only play survivor so I see it happen too many times to feel its a coincident.
-When in a lobby the killer sees what the 4 players bring and decide not to play up against a group that has toolbox's or med kits, whatever the case may be and so they decide to leave to find another lobby that best suits their comfortability.-
It does not help the fact that I (and I'm sure many others) have waited soo long to find a game that is just going to be false and have us look forward to another 30+ min wait to potentially have the same thing happen again.
So I ask, Is something being done about the killers seeing our items?
Comments
Gotcha, And as said before we are punished for leaving during the game(-2Pip) and you guys are rewarded. How is that to make a fuss? Killers gain something out of DC players while survivors have the most possibilities to still lose items with no bonus points when a killer DC's. However, It is beside the dodging point.
I forgot to say your name Giggles > @Kaelum
They need to tackle the reason why people dodge lobbies, an example being the toxicity.
Playing due to wait times. Its evolve all over again. I've honestly considering putting one foot out the door myself. I like the game alot on both sides. But i dont like Lobby Waiting Simulator.
People would stop playing the game if they punish killers for dodging? Well it's not like people are able to play the game to begin with... And I just want to make sure we're all on the same page. When a killer cannot catch a survivor (Survivor does not teabag or anything) that is not toxic. We are supposed to run and try to dodge killer hits. Get it? Dodge killer hits, dodge lobbies. XD But anyways Every player does not win every game and when killer loses and cries toxic survivors, just try again is all. Each game should bring new trial and errors, win or lose.
If I notice that there is not a full group, and the survivors aren’t trying to be toxic, I usually go easy on them, let them get some blood points, and at least a safety pip, before ending the match.
Conversely, survivors don't want to get dodged 10 games in a row and wait 30 minutes for a game only to get tunneled or camped or mori'd from the hook. Doesn't make you want to play when you go through all that BS to die in 2 minutes.
Also regarding the pallet breaks, just do it and eat the FL. Most of the time they will waste pallets so they can FL you and they can only do it so many times before the FL runs out. It's really not that big of a deal to be blinded for a few seconds, especially if they are injured with no IW you can just follow them by sound. Or run Lightborn and stop complaining about it. Killers that get pissy about this stuff need to accept that it's just part of the game. They are so quick to defend camping/tunneling as part of the game but can't seem to take their own advice when things are against them.
The problem is too many people have massive egos in this game. Killers need to accept that some survivors escape, and survivors need to accept that sometimes they will die. The players that think they are God's gift to DBD are often the worst offenders. I watched a video recently that talked about this sort of thing, where people that were bad at something overestimate their ability and don't recognize the mistakes they make. It's why there are so many cry baby threads like "SWF is OP" or "Fix this killer" or whatever else people want to complain about. Yes, the game isn't perfect and could be better, but at the end of the day it's just something people have to come to terms with. If you can't handle losing once in a while, sorry you should not be playing online multiplayer games.
Here is the video in case anyone wants to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLmD_WVY-E
No assumption was made in my reply. Sorry you thought that. I was stating what happens when players DC. Whoever you play is on you. ^-^ > @Kaelum said:
I'm ok with flashlights and medkits but here's my 2 cents: instamedkits should not exist at the current stage of the game, the non-1hit TKO killers are already at a disadvantage while the strong killers are not much affected by them.
Friggin Toolboxes should NOT speed up gen repair speed, the gen repairspeed is already too fast.
And the dodging is intented too and it's not going anywhere neither.
Yeah, and a lot of them DC when see a Mori or are camped or even when they are the first hooked which is worse than dodging the lobby. Also, the problem of the 30 minutes queues you say are the low amount of killers which is caused by the same problems that make them dodge. It's the fish eating his own tail.
The "problems" with dodging are killers have no balls. Period. I can understand the occasional dodge now and then, but there are way to many killers that just scum lobbies until they find one where they are confident they will win. It's disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't suck as killer if you actually challenged yourself from time to time. I've gone up against groups that I KNOW will be really hard, and I've been bodied in those situations, but 99% of the time I can point to specific mistakes I made that cost me the game. It's not DS, it's not Adren, it's not toolboxes, it's not gen rush, it's not SWF. IT WAS ME. Yea survivors can stack the odds in their favor, but killer's have pink mori which is literally the great equalizer. You put one on and now it almost doesn't matter what survivors do. If you are any sort of decent killer, you will get a 3k. Not to mention OP add-ons like infinite tier 3 Myers or pink hatchets or Billy/LF insta-saw. If you suspect it will be that hard of a game you have tools to level the playing field. If you choose not to use them then don't go crying about how SWF is broken or any of that bullshit.
And to be clear, I'm not condoning survivor DC's. That shouldn't happen, but it doesn't excuse killers from cherry picking games either.
I'm not playing this game or another game for showing how many balls I have, I just want to have a fun time, if that time become frustrating instead fun, the game doesn't fulfil it's mission then. If I have a remote possibility of avoiding something frustrating and the game let me do it, I'll do it, dodging in this case. Anyway, I can agree with you and other survivors in that many killers dodge for ridiculous reasons such survivor outfits, survivor characters or nicks. in the case of the nicks the only exceptions for me is the people nicknamed "toxic whatever" or something simillar or the people which nickname start in "Hex:" because I have heard that they are a toxic survivor clan. I don't dodge for the outfit or the survivor, I dodge when I see more than two toolboxes, mor than one flashlight or both combined. for the reasons mentioned before in the thread by myself.
Of couse you can point your "specific mistakes" when losing a game, the problem is most of the games those "specific mistakes" are haven't played nurse or billy in that game.
You have no idea if a survivor is going to be toxic before entering the match. You're using biased past experiences to judge survivors on the character they choose, the clothes they choose, they name they choose. Could they be toxic? Or course but anyone wearing or carrying anything could. For all you know you're missing out on a fun match because you refuse to play certain lobbies. You've had bad experiences and instead of challenging yourself and moving past them you use them as an excuse to dodge.
I get it, killer is harder but if you're that confident in yourself at your rank you would give those hard lobbies a chance once in a while. Doesn't have to be every single one but maybe 2-3 times a week say I'm not dodging this today and see if it surprises you.
Unfortunately the toxicity is in a cycle now. Killers complain survivors do toxic stuff such as gen rush, ds etc so they have a reason to camp/tunnel/mori. Survivors use the camping/tunneling/moris to bring in their 'toxic' perks/items. The only REAL toxicity should be considered the end game chat toxicity or holding the game hostage. Perks, items and add-ons are intended and shouldn't be considered toxic. Live with them. If you feel they're unbalanced continue to advocate for a change in them without calling out any survivor/killer that uses them as 'toxic'. The meaning of that word in gaming has been lost in DbD.
To be entirely blunt, if you want to have fun with a video game play something that doesn't have online multiplayer. Like for real, you are playing against other human beings, not NPC's, and as such you have to accept that there will be some games that are "less fun" simply because you get beat. No one likes to lose, but when you basically say "losing isn't fun" then you should be playing another game. Civ 5 maybe IDK. To expect to win, and thus have "fun" all the time is pure lunacy. Literally EVERY multiplayer game can be not fun when you lose. It doesn't matter what it is. If you want to play multiplayer games just come to terms with losing as part of the game and you will end up having more fun than you think.
This is another thing. Nurse and Billy might be the strongest killers in the game but they are NOT the only killers viable at rank 1. You can do plenty of work with other killers. Spirit, Huntress, and Hag are all top tier as well. Hell even Freddy can actually be a very strong killer if you know what you are doing. Not to say he isn't the weakest, but being the weakest killer =/= unplayable. It just means you have to work harder for your wins, or have solid builds/strats going into a game. I have 2 Freddy builds that literally no group has ever escaped, 4k's every time. Solo, SWF, doesn't matter. Why? Because they are strong builds and I stick to my strategy. Are they completely unbeatable? No there are still ways to beat them, but so far no group has succeeded in that. One group came very close but then it all fell apart once I got my momentum going.
This mentality that "only Nurse/Billy can win at rank 1" is probably why killers dodge, because they are too inept in their own abilities to admit they aren't as good as they think. When they lose they get all pissy about it and blame the game, when in fact it will almost always be on them. Watch the video I posted earlier, it will explain a lot about what I'm talking about here.
Hahahaha. Equip moris friend and watch how 4 green pings hang at the loading screen. That's the survivor(s) dcing and if I did it a dozen times it would occur at least 6, conservatively.
Really now? If killers don't like the fact that survivors want to take on the challenge and get more points with the hatch escape then stop playing. Its being mad at the game properties. Don't be mad at the players just playing the game as suppose to. I understand its time consuming, but that's just part of the match as a whole. You gotta deal with it or not play is all. And I'm not saying all survivors don't do what you're saying but can't really use it as leverage to dodge(thats my opinion)- Sorry). I can say Killers tunnel for easy game/kill and when they hook the survivors on last hook, they nod their head to the cut scene. Again not everyone does it but being that it happens, both sides see it in a general aspect. It is unfortunate, but dodging lobbies because of gameplay shouldn't be an excuse because most killers are scared of challenge or as they say "waste of time" lmao > @The_Crusader said:
I have no idea why killers dodge some lobbies, but in general there is consistency among toxic players. You get a feel for it.
I don't dodge every lobby. i do dodge some though. I decide which killer I want to play before the game begins. If I see some toxic looking noob3 wannabe and I'm playing a good killer then I couldn't care less. Spirit, Clown, Hag, Nurse etc in fact if it's clown and I bring his green add ons and enduring then their DS won't affect me - since it's obvious they will have that perk.
If I decide I want to play Pig or Freddy though? and they're tbagging me at the other side of a pallet, and you can't do ######### because some loops in the game are just too safe, then you know that when you finally get them down after eating pallets they'll just d-strike and get away free anyway. Sure you can ignore them but then you've got some idiot running around with a flashlight trying to get your attention every second, and I get that it has them off gens but sometimes I just want to play a normal game and I can't be bothered with that. I can't be bothering loading in and seeing the aura of some idiot with object of obsession tbagging me from the other side of the map.
Sometimes you just want to play a normal game with normal people. Why should I have to tolerate these people who just want to ruin the game for me by being as annoying as possible?
and it's obvious why people avoid SWF, the communication tool is a HUGE advantage. What's the incentive to play against them? people have asked for something as simple as extra BP but the devs won't have it. Give people an incentive to deal with the harder games.
Ive said this when they proposed its rework, calm spirit is flawed design
LOL xD > @Paddy4583 said:
Ok you want to know why killers are so picky about lobbies? Here are 2 games I just had..
When you have the nerve to play the game properly...

When you're winning, not even slugging but one disconnects so their friend can get the hatch anyway.

Let me be clear that these aren't uncommon at all, in fact they're VERY common. We don't want SWF who cheats and D/C to deny the killer points for the hook. I don't even slug ffs.
We don't want verbal abuse just for playing the game by you know....killing people as killer.
I'll continue to be picky as long as survivors are like this. Oh and if you don't ready up on time you're getting kicked back to the main menu. I'm not having some idiot do a last second change to P3 claudette with a flashlight. It's not that they're too hard, it's that those people are incredibly toxic. If you join a lobby you don't need 60 seconds to prepare, do it BEFORE you join the lobby.
Like I said before DC's players are penalized for it... That shouldn't be leverage to be picky. And besides doesn't that mean the killer is doing something right (for once- lol) Just report the player and on to the next game. simple. I agree about setting up you load out before games again. But it just seems to me that killers are finding every little, very tiiiinnny excuse to dodge now. > @The_Crusader said:
BHVR never once said that they wouldn't put a clown into the game, that was just a rumor that players were passing around. Prior to adding the clown, they did say that some people have real phobias about clowns, but they never said that they wouldn't add one because of that.
Will we have a clown killer?
No that would be silly!
Regardless it doesn’t change the point.
They gonna keep dodging, you can’t force people to play with you.
Said someone that would not say so to anyone in America. We have tourists from the world over and I've never seen or heard one going on an anti-American rant in public. I guess talk is cheap and particularly easy online.
Nope, in America the outsiders are real humble and polite.
While he's racist, you're implying that Americans are somehow tougher than others which is also not true and also racist.
Racism involves not just "races". You can also be racist against certain religious groups.
Tougher? Not per se. But we have a gun culture and we'll put a hole in your ass fairly quickly in a way other nations don't quite compare to. Perhaps in parts of Africa and the like but with them it is usually tribal and over resources where in America we kill people just for talking smack.
This dude rapping has a street rep with 1/2 a dozen or more bodies. Confirmed. Not only does he not give a single "F" there is a whole city of others like him. And that's just one city in the states.
Here's another one. Confirmed most of the names on the hoody.
Oh gods yes! XD I feel like Killers blame the game OR the survivors for being coordinated, saying they are Toxic.... they ######### aren't....
I watched a video by "DamnNoHtml" when he talked about the "Second biggest problem in Dead by Daylight" Yes, I get that some perks are strong, however, killer mains ######### and moan about four flashlight and DS Death squads... I play everyday.. I see NOTHING like that... I do however see Killers running Ruin and that #########.
I want any Killer main, neutral or Survivor mains to think about this... This game needs to be balanced based on the Casual Majority, this is not a tournament legal Competitive game, it's a party game that makes no ######### sense, that's like balancing Ultimate Chicken Horse to be a speed running game, it isn't.
If you want a competitive game, I hear that Apex Legends or even Fortnite is good for that.
I for one think this game is okay, it could use improvements (Which game is perfect?)
Last thing I wanna say is this: Killer Mains... You're the reason Toxic survivors exist.... same with Survivor Mains, you are the reason Toxic Killers exist. The moment you all stop circle jerking and find GENERAL ISSUES about the game and BRING THAT TO THE DEVS instead of "Meeehhh The survivors are dropping pallets on my head" or "Meeeeeeehhhh they blind me it's meeeaaan waaah" or on the survivor sides "Meeehhh this killer is bull #########" or "Meeehh I wish we had a better weapon against the killers" that's when this game will get better.
not really
Us, frogs, are laughing ATM.
Should I ever set foot in the USA, I won't go on an anti-American rant in public either. Not with so many snowflakes carrying guns and wiling to shoot anyone over the slightest disagreement.
this thread is turning to the dark side
DIE

(freindlykillermain used psi rockin omega)