Is there something being done about this?
So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors, but I still face an issue that I feel is still unfair to us. I main and only play survivor so I see it happen too many times to feel its a coincident.
-When in a lobby the killer sees what the 4 players bring and decide not to play up against a group that has toolbox's or med kits, whatever the case may be and so they decide to leave to find another lobby that best suits their comfortability.-
It does not help the fact that I (and I'm sure many others) have waited soo long to find a game that is just going to be false and have us look forward to another 30+ min wait to potentially have the same thing happen again.
So I ask, Is something being done about the killers seeing our items?
Comments
as I mentioned earlier, it would be great if it were that simple. The community thrives off of tormenting the loser, so people try to get every advantage they can. the less GG EZ BABY KILLER players we have, the less people will be paranoid of every lobby.
Also, on the subject of updates benefitting killers: that's because there are a lot of useless killer perks and a lot of killers only play meta builds because they are objectively the best way to win. By buffing the useless killer perks, they are encouraging killers to stop using the meta and experiment with different perks. Same with buffing survivor perks. There is nothing wrong with making worthless things strong on either side. It only feels bad because it's the other side. I feel the same way when survivors get buffed, but then I have to stop and remknd myself that it DOES actually make the game better for everyone by adding more build variety.
The game is way more balanced for what the survivors would dodge regarding killers than vice versa.
Aside from the complete cryfest this post represents, the option to leave a queue is a part of multiplayer gaming at its core. Forget about your whiny survivor BS or your killer crynanigans, no player should be forced to begin a match against someone with a connection that prevents the two from communicating smoothly. The ping meter helps identify this scenario and that alone is reason to allow queue dodging. Wipe your tears and play single player if it bothers you that much.
And for the record, killer faces 4v1. 4x the perks, 4x the items, 4x the personality. All other things being equal, killer will always have the manpower disadvantage. It's a bollocks argument to suggest both sides be susceptible to the exact same pre-game parameters.
Sweet, sweet, entitlement.
This isn't one of those killer vs survivor moments, this is just plain unsportsmanlike bs that just ruins the game. This is a player situation. We aren't all fighting and playing sides. Both sides suck.
But in general I will say, killers will use aaaany excuse to dodge or DC. Survivors arent much better with DCing, but they honestly arent as bad as killers lol. Probably because they cant see mori's before game. Alot of survivors are sad saps who can't handle mori's just like killers cant handle toolboxes, medkits, keys, maps, flashlights. Basically any item tbh lol.
Edited because I cant spell.
You're right cry this, cry that, but if you say players should not be forced to play a game they are not having fun in... (really tho?) Then there should be no consequences for survivors leaving during the game and killers quitter bonus should be removed. That, or just simply stop dodging or have the game not show items. Also You killers complain about items being OP and stuff like insta heal. Look at Insta downing(exposed) or the Mori after one hook. You can say we cry about this and that but how bout we focus on the issue.. STOP DODGING.. simple
Lmao ikr, recently I've been picking up the pace with my killer gameplay and honestly I don't consider DS or BT toxic, nothing like that. the only "toxic" thing I can think of is long loops which break los, which is especially bad when playing a slow killer. Otherwise I don't really kind, sure I find it frustrating but overall I don't really mind since I do the same thing as a survivor.
Played killer all night yesterday, straight from Rank 9 to Rank 1.
Only dodged a handful of times due to ping, but it's no surprise to me that Killers pay more attention to who they're playing against.
Not a single lobby without SWF, always at least one DS (not even kidding here) and the gen rush is absolutely insane because of the event. I also noticed that many map offerings like badham preschool or black water swamp are played.
Look, I know it's annoying to constantly get dodged but if you keep going to make it as hard as possible for Killers to get their event points, you gotta expect that people start to cherry pick to increase the chance of success. They're not trying to get easy matches, they're trying to get FAIR matches.
"NO THEY JUST WANT EZ 4K HUUR DUUUR !"

But finding a "fair" match is already found. thats why there are ranks. The game has items to use and if killers don't like what the game game has, don't play at all and set up false hope for a game. But I understand what you mean on the other part, that's where the killer perks are supposed to come in though and slow down the process.
I feel like the killers that are salty about this post must have had a real number done on them by survivors. XD
LMAO :..D
SWF matchmaking doesn't go off of the highest ranked person. Its very common in low ranks as killer to have high ranked players get brought in through grouping with 1 or more lower rank players. Why comment about killers not playing the game because they don't like items, when survivors constantly DC when they see a hidden offering, a p3 nurse, a legion in general, etc? They actually do more harm to the game than any lobby dodging killer ever will.
We have different definitions of a "fair" match then.
I don't care about items or perks, it's the playstyle SWFs that triggers me; mainly because of their voice communication. They have another definition of "fair/fun match", which apparently doesn't include the Killer at all.
Tell me one thing SWFs do to make the Killers experience BETTER compared to non-SWFs? There is none. SWFs give Killers no reason to appreciate their existence. It's the other way around, they are more likely to bully Killers whenever possible because it's so much easier to do with friends and with voice communication.
If playing against SWF was a fun experience for Killers, no one would dodge.
(I made this one myself btw xD)
It's just the result of many bad experiences...
well, one thing that SWFs do thats positive for the killer is they often play over-altruistically and throw the game super hard, so there is that
They need this here :
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/18783/the-meme-pit
Stupid SWFs do that, I agree, but they're also overly-toxic when you make use of that. It always comes at a cost.
Reports are free.
Doesn't change the fact that it's annoying to deal with. Would you rather prefer a match without toxicity? I do.
Of course. That's why I report all forms of toxicity in every multiplayer game I play. I see it as doing my part to help purge the cancer.
I dunno who "you guys" are since I only dodge because of bad ping or when people were toxic in a previous trial. When SWF comes I just bite the bullet and suck it up, which is apparently something you're not willing to do by not equipping items or playing a different character. I will admit to occasionally DCing out of frustration when it's clear survivors are just there to troll, but killers never seem to do that when I play survivor.
While I understand it sucks to get dodged (happens to me too, even though I only play Jake and don't bring items with me), you also have to understand it's equally frustrating to play trials you know are going to be boring and filled with toxicity.
Do you think killers like to dodge lobbies? It's just as boring for them to have to open up a new lobby again and again until they get what remotely resembles a fair and relatively non-toxic trial as it is for survivors to have to queue up again.
However, survivors, rather than try to meet killers halfway, began to exploit the system in every conceivable way, to be sure they could be as toxic as they wanted, with last-second switches and actual exploits (seeing the killer's loadout before the trial has ended, DCing while keeping their items and points, etc), and blamed killers for not wanting to take part in trials where they knew they'd be toxic. They constantly bullied and harassed killers, thus confirming the main reasons why killers dodge - to avoid that behavior.
Now killers are just leaving the game, because if survivors are not willing to meet them halfway or simply tone down the toxicity, then they can play the game by themselves.
Killers are tired of playing the class clown. That's why you see so much dodging and fewer people playing killer. Survivors did this by choosing to be toxic and exploiting.
Survival rates alone are not relevant, because this game is simply not balanced. In a balanced game, both sides' skill would be relevant to the outcome. Instead, the result of a trial is primarily decided by how the survivors play, because rather than balance the game at the top, as it should be, devs decided to balance for an average player, which is absurd.
Tell me, would you like to play a game where your skill is irrelevant in deciding whether or not your team wins? Because that's DbD, if you play killer. The survivors decide if you win or not, as proven by the Depip Squad, and even a victory can be frustrating if the other side is as toxic as possible.
You can choose to be part of the problem on either side - survivor by being toxic and killer by dodging everything under the sun; both by deranking to stomp noobs - or you can be part of the solution and try to see things from the other side's point of view.
I know dodging sucks, so I don't do it (except in the situations I mentioned). I know toolboxes, flashlights, etc., are primarily used to be toxic and make many killers dodge, so I don't bring them in. In return, I get survivors still being toxic and killers not dodging (at least not nearly as much). Funny how that works, isn't it?
If the survivor lobbies are long, that is an indication that their is fewer killer players. Mind you thats the side with only 1 person and its a long que. The game heavily favors surviver groups and force the killers who remain to deal with groups they don't want too might just finish off the killer population.
Since the game is placed in the category of "asymmetrical", this mechanic gives the killer a strategic advantage against the 4 opponents.
The devs themselves (namely McLean) admitted live on stream that they are "well aware that the game is not balanced".
People dodge because devs DON'T care about balance. They are aware of it but are too afraid to balance it. I'm looking solely at SWF and DS now, as those are the main sources for rigged, imbalanced matches. Dodging is the only way to deal with it on the long run if you don't want to end up in a mental disaster.
Fix SWF and fix DS and I'm sure you'll see a lot less dodging. SWF is the main reason why Killers dodge, items and skins are mostly irrelevant unless you try to bring 4 toolboxes, because that just screams GEN RUSH and no one likes to deal with that.
...and the fact that most SWFs try especially hard to be as annoying as possible makes the whole situation even worse. Just yesterday faced one of those legendary 4x DS cancer squad. You're asking to get dodged if you play like that.
True.
You reap what you sow.
Survivors had fun bullying Killers, Killers got tired of it and refuse to play against anything that could possibly come out as bully group.
I'm just saying how it is: No Dead By Daylight player will start playing Killer and immediately dodge SWFs, Items, Skins or whatever. They don't even know what those things are at that point...but they'll figure it out sooner or later.
Dodging is not something that's there "by default", it's something people start to do once they get tired of dealing with the same frustrating experiences over and over again, when they had enough of it and look for solutions.
It's no coincidence that everyone will end up with the same conclusion: SWF = Toxic. The solution? Dodge them.
BTW: Just because you keep getting dodged doesn't necessarily mean it's because of your cosmetics.
You shouldn't have to, but at this point, you have two choices: do those things and continue to be dodged, or don't do those things and avoid being dodged. You can thank toxic survivors for being left with those two options.
The devs are well aware that the game is not balanced. They don't need any more data.
To reiterate: at this point, you can either be part of the problem, or part of the solution.
Just be aware that being toxic is NOT reportable, and abusing the report system will get you a ban. The devs have stated this at least twice since last Summer, on their live dev stream.
I'm well aware that teabagging and whatnot is not reportable. I'm talking about post-game chat toxicity.
Yea, I hear ya. (I am a Solo player and don't do SWF cause sometimes they wanna voice chat and I need to focus on hearing the heart beat and all not them screaming, lol) I guess the SWF problem is it's own issue, but solo players should not be effected. And nice job on the meme. XD Love it
> @PiiFree said:
Ok, whoa there.. Survivors DC cause of a hidden offering, I don't buy it. Maybe in your experience, however it seems to be less likely that survivors would do that as a killer dodges more lobbies than they can actually play. And as I said before, when survivors leave durning the game we are penalized for it and you killers get quitters bonus. Not to mention that you can also report the player for leaving too, soo something can be done about that, but what is being done about the dodging.. Just more dodging.
You can, but it won't help.
And i'm not saying "The devs never do anything", but they said they automatically look for them.
What I am getting from this is killers excuses to dodge and that we cry. lol Just stop dodging and take the game like any other game. You don't dodge other game lobbies cause a player is higher lvl or has some sort of advantage and if you do.. what a gamer you are..
What do they mean to "automatically look for them"? Like devs play the game and see if they find players being naughty? > @Boss said:
A system records disconnects.
And it'll differentiate correctly between crashes and intentional leavers.
I wish to know more though, we only know that they did ban waves twice and the rules to not get banned.
I understand you are looking at this from a wait time perspective. Having to wait for a long period of time only to play the game you paid for isn't fun. Being a survivor main, might try playing killer to see why some or many killers might dodge such load outs? On the other hand, at least if the killer dodges a lobby full of items the survivors get to keep them. A killer bringing in an ebony mori followed by very rare and ultra rare items might waste them for nothing when survivors DC when they see the 'secret' offering show up for the killer, as a killer doesn't get to keep anything if things go south fast.
Again I understand this isn't the perspective you are taking, but I can understand the frustration. Killers shouldn't dodge items in general. See items bring FD. On the other hand a 'good' SWF fully loaded can be a stress filled game as playing killer usually is compared to survivor. I play survivor to enjoy DbD lol. Killer is not without it's advantages, but it comes at a price. Your mental stability :-)
Really though, I hope they find a solution for your lobby times and DC rage in general. Killers and Survivors should be on the same team when fighting for fairness. Good luck!
Ahh, okay. Thanks! > @Boss said:
Thank you and I hope the same. > @TrAiNwReCk said:
> Ok, whoa there.. Survivors DC cause of a hidden offering, I don't buy it.
This happens all the time, leaving you in a match with less than 4 survivors, no matter how long they’ve waited to get into a match. If they missed the offerings display, they DC the moment the killer uses the Mori. There are only 2 killer offerings that are secret, the Mori’s, and the Shroud of Separation. Every survivor knows this, or learns very quickly. The Shroud of Separation is rarely ever seen.