When are we getting Phase 2 info?

The suspense is killing me!

I want to see what they're implementing for their anti-tunnel/camp initiatives!

Comments

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    "not a removal" so does that mean it will do nothing, like anticamp ? disaster incoming

    Anti face camp does do its job rather well. In fact rather too well as it can work through floors.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982706#Comment_3982706

    It's pretty clear you only care about one side of this game. Hopefully whoever intakes all this feedback notices that sort of skewed bias.

    They don't. I've been told a few times already.

  • Is the argument here that there are not any scenarios where picking up the survivor will result in a loss of pressure for the killer (ie obvious pallet/sabo/flashlight/bang saves, previously broken hooks due to early sabo/previous sacrifice, etc)?

    These things all exist, objectively, and are a part of most games outside of low/low-mid gameplay.

    I also don't understand why you would argue that you're being punished if you go down by a pallet or near someone with the ability to save and the killer tries to prevent this....these are all normal aspects of game play that should not be altered or discouraged. It's literally healthy/altruistic gameplay on the survivor end and also forces interaction/decision on the killer end.

    It's straight up bizarre to see this being argued.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982501#Comment_3982501

    I can confirm that we continue to keep an eye on discussion around this feature and pass it along to the team involved. If you don't mind me asking, what actions are you seeing Survivors take that easily bypass the AFK crows? I want to make sure this is shared with them if it happens to be something that's not already on my / their radar.

    The current afk crows are to generous it has been tested it takes a Survivor 8 mins of doing nothing to get 1 afk crow and 12 mins for 3 crows. Furthermore because it takes 12 mins Killers can trap Survivors in a corner for that long until the Anti-Collison kicks in

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982259#Comment_3982259

    While I can't share specifics of the changes quite yet (we'll be sharing more soon!), I can speak broadly to those topics for ya. These upcoming changes aren't a removal - they're more akin to evolutions and improvements that build upon features players are used to.

    So changes and buffs to the current feature to be better that's good to hear

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968547#Comment_3968547

    To be fair, I think that survivor egos are the root cause for killer egos. It's hard to remain chill about losing when it's rubbed in your face.

    Lol "no you!" The post. Ironically you only prove this man's post by falling for this perfect bait. Which is talking about the killer ego. Killers have to kill it's in the name right? So when you have a clear in game "power" role of course your going to have people who choose it for the intended reason.. and you are going to have people who choose survivors just to rain on a killers parade. As you can probably guess the dancing, the chat comments and other ways survivors taunt is only effective on killers with fragile egos. I was in a funny end game chat rage comment thread earlier and it was hilarious how salty survivors get when they lose some. Well if you get joy in that prepare for your own lumps when the time comes and if you don't enjoy stuff like that then you are probably not bothered by dancing survivors

  • Also missed a few hook and sabo related killer buffs like respawning death hooks. Resetting sabo progress on hooks so no more 99%

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982626#Comment_3982626

    Explain to me, why it's important for the AFK crows to never ever ever unfairly punish survivors, but it's perfectly fine for an anti-slugging mechanic to punish killers when they were forced to slug by the survivors.

    The answer is obvious—the punishments to Survivor actually hit you with a DC penalty and DCs have been reworked to be incredibly punishing. Booting players from the queue entirely for something they didn't do will always take priority over anything that happens during the trial.

    If the crows act the same way they used to with no penalty (they might, I haven't gotten any yet to confirm), I'd say it's not all that different. Neither player is intentionally trying to trigger the system. It's a flaw with the game. But the key issue here again boils down to consistency. If a scenario is largely the same for both players, why is it only acceptable if it happens to one side and not the other?

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982643#Comment_3982643

    The answer is obvious—the punishments to Survivor actually hit you with a DC penalty and DCs have been reworked to be incredibly punishing. Booting players from the queue entirely for something they didn't do will always take priority over anything that happens during the trial.

    If the crows act the same way they used to with no penalty (they might, I haven't gotten any yet to confirm), I'd say it's not all that different. Neither player is intentionally trying to trigger the system. It's a flaw with the game. But the key issue here again boils down to consistency. If a scenario is largely the same for both players, why is it only acceptable if it happens to one side and not the other?

    The entire point I’m trying to make, is if it’s super important to make sure the AFK crows never ever unfairly punish survivors, then it should also be super important that the anti-slugging change never ever punishes killers that were forced to slug.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982994#Comment_3982994

    The entire point I’m trying to make, is if it’s super important to make sure the AFK crows never ever unfairly punish survivors, then it should also be super important that the anti-slugging change never ever punishes killers that were forced to slug.

    I agree with that. Fundamentally though, I don't think that's possible. It's gonna have to be flawed no matter what just given how the game operates. It has no idea what nuance is in terms of play.

  • @TheGoone said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3982495#Comment_3982495

    So changes and buffs to the current feature to be better that's good to hear

    my guess is it will be something similar to last Lights Out modifier (60s BT and x2 anticamp radius)

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I know, I can't wait! I have my post already typed up for the instant they post anything.

    I get to hit all the forums highlights:

    • You can't possibly do this!
    • How can you tell us how to play?
    • This will kill the game!
    • Good luck with your 40 minute queue times when we all quit!
    • Where's my compensation buffs?

    Man I'm so excited. Just waiting to hit "post" when they announce anything at all.

    Aged like fine wine.

    • Where's my compensation buffs?

    If you'd added (even though there's a compensation buff included), you would have hit everything.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990770#Comment_3990770

    • Where's my compensation buffs?

    If you'd added (even though there's a compensation buff included), you would have hit everything.

    So close. I'll remember next time... (Oh wait, the game is dead after this patch. I've missed my chance!)

1 2 3 4 ›