This is why survivors DC for this exact reason. A lot of killers wanna slug for 4k it’s annoying.

IMG_5849.jpeg

The killer slugged us and he didn’t even pick us up he was trying to find the last survivor and this kind of stuff is very annoying and needs to be fixed anti slugged should be talked about. Matches have been going too quickly because a killer wants to end us in seconds by slugging.

Comments

  • That screen shot appears totally valid why the killer would slug. 2 gens left, 1 dead, the 2 survivors haven't even been hooked once and he's looking for the one on death hook. Seems legit to just leave the 2 slugged since they haven't even been hooked yet.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954630#Comment_3954630

    And why exactly do Survivors have to rescue in EGC for 4 Escapes? Yes, Gen's done, gate's open, blabla. Buf if you get a 3 escapes and last survivor dies by camping…. Do Survivors think they did not win? Do you REALLY think the Killer won?

    I had games where I got zero hook as Killer, and Survivors refuse to leave the game and still keep taunting me, purposefully looping around the gate just to exert their dominance. Yes you have won, then WHY are you not leaving?? I had to BEG them to leave by opening the gate myself to push them out, just to get T-bag GG EZ by a 4-man Survivor. Like WHY do they have to do this?

    PS: I always give survivors hatch if I have the chance, but I LEGIT saw the whole team saying GG EZ after I give the last one hatch. How do you feel if you play Killer? Just accept? Patience has its limits.

    Ah, my favorite User here. :)

    Jokes on you, I am of the opinion that you cannot expect to go out every game. And I think it is really stupid to try to save someone from a camping Killer in Endgame, if you are too far away from the Gates or you do not have 3 Survivors there. Not saying it is impossible, but I rather die on Hook in Endgame than seeing anyone else die.

    So yes, I always prefer the 3 Survivors out over more people dying to a bad Killer.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954695#Comment_3954695

    Because its obvious this was not a case of someone trying to deny hatch, but just a good play on the killer's end. The killer got 3 downs in roughly 40 seconds.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/ar--P50IzhM?si=CXGj1j_OomeiPz_w

    ,Essentially, a play like THIS happened and OP is just mad that the killer downed everyone instead of stopping at the 1st down and ignoring the others.

    100% correct. It was a good play.

  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954387#Comment_3954387

    Its also not necessary for survivors to stand at the exit gate till EGC finishes im not trying to turn this into Us Vs Them but I hope if they find a solution to the slugging for 4k situation they do the same for what I just mentioned

    It shouldn't need to be explained why this is an unfair comparison. You are not physically at the mercy of survivors, unable to do anything but watch them tbag at the gates.

    Slugged survivors are at the mercy of the killer, and have no options other than spitefully hiding to bleed out instead of being hooked.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954630#Comment_3954630

    And why exactly do Survivors have to rescue in EGC for 4 Escapes? Yes, Gen's done, gate's open, blabla. Buf if you get a 3 escapes and last survivor dies by camping…. Do Survivors think they did not win? Do you REALLY think the Killer won?

    I had games where I got zero hook as Killer, and Survivors refuse to leave the game and still keep taunting me, purposefully looping around the gate just to exert their dominance. Yes you have won, then WHY are you not leaving?? I had to BEG them to leave by opening the gate myself to push them out, just to get T-bag GG EZ by a 4-man Survivor. Like WHY do they have to do this?

    PS: I always give survivors hatch if I have the chance, but I LEGIT saw the whole team saying GG EZ after I give the last one hatch. How do you feel if you play Killer? Just accept? Patience has its limits.

    Not a fair comparison. If survivors go back for the fourth, they do so knowing that it can result in an endgame snowball.

  • Hatch is the main culprit in this case. Most killers feel like the hatch is the ultimate cuck. I used to do this but it took too much time to do so and i was being a dick for no reason. Just hook the third survivor, proxy camp and that will be it. The fourth survivor either gets the hatch or they don't

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954421#Comment_3954421

    Unfair?? Really?

    From the 1st screenshot, you and the 4th guy was slugged nearly at the same time, as you can see the slug timer. So I bet you're probably both injured healing each other, and killer just found you, and down you both in 10 seconds. AND you're already giving up by not recovering, which is stupid.

    And from the 2nd screenshot, the killer got the 2nd guy just 30s after your first screenshot, so it doesn't take that much time either. Probably found him right after he downed the 4th guy.

    The entire process doesn't even take more than 1 minute, and you're already complaining?? God.

    If you paid attention to my second screenshot you can see the killer is carrying the last survivor while 2 of us are slugged??? And you want to say I’m complaining when stuff like this happens numerous of times get outta here

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/449735/this-is-why-survivors-dc-for-this-exact-reason-a-lot-of-killers-wanna-slug-for-4k-it-s-annoying

    i like winning so i'll slug for the 4k if i have the opportunity i don't see perks though why aren't you running unbreakable?

    Why should I have to run unbreakable in every match I’m in just to feel safe??? That’s the problem with this game I don’t want to keep running meta perks

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954809#Comment_3954809

    Why should I have to run unbreakable in every match I’m in just to feel safe??? That’s the problem with this game I don’t want to keep running meta perks

    Why should I have to run lightborn in every match I’m in just to not get blinded at every pallet break?

  • @XDgamer018 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954925#Comment_3954925

    Why should I have to run lightborn in every match I’m in just to not get blinded at every pallet break?

    Why can’t I loop better to avoid getting blinded and learn how to hit and run and avoid groggy blinded?? Oh wait why can’t chaos shuffle be a permanent mode to where no one has to rely on perks??? ☺️

  • I just had a game where a Spirit literally had all of us down by 4 gens left and it's like, girl you're letting us slug it out for the 4k and you're going to get like way less points than you would've if you just chased people and hooked more than once.

    It just seems a tad bit weird when everybody's bringing cakes and the potential for BP gains is massive and easy.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954840#Comment_3954840

    If you paid attention to my second screenshot you can see the killer is carrying the last survivor while 2 of us are slugged??? And you want to say I’m complaining when stuff like this happens numerous of times get outta here

    I'm just gonna pop in and say he insta picked the last survivor up because at this point he doesn't know exactly where you crawled to but he does know you don't have unbreakable. So logically he hooks whose right in front of him whose also on death hook mind you and then returns to find where the crap the other two crawled off to. That way if you have deli he only has to worry about 1 or 2 of you at the most instead of you hopping off hook while he picks the second guy up running and save the down guy going to reset and maybe doing a gen then saving the hooked guy. This doesn't seem like I'll intent or BM just a smart play and thinking logically how to secure the win.

    Ps I don't have the attention span to slug for the 4k myself a 3k i win no matter what if I get a 4k it's extra credit

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954809#Comment_3954809

    Why should I have to run unbreakable in every match I’m in just to feel safe??? That’s the problem with this game I don’t want to keep running meta perks

    if slugging for the 4k is such a problem and you have options to deal with it but don't use it is kinda a you problem at that point

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954809#Comment_3954809

    Why should I have to run unbreakable in every match I’m in just to feel safe??? That’s the problem with this game I don’t want to keep running meta perks

    This is the problem with the game. This right here.

    If you want meta results, run meta builds. If you run off-meta builds, expect off-meta results. Just like Pallet Shredder Wraith is going to get his teeth kicked in by a good survivor squad, running some off meta build on survivor is going to lose you games. They're meta perks because they work and win games.

    This is like me playing Legion with no gen slowdown, then complaining that gens went in under 5 minutes. "I shouldn't have to use gen regression just to play the game!"

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954925#Comment_3954925

    if slugging for the 4k is such a problem and you have options to deal with it but don't use it is kinda a you problem at that point

    According to my post above I have a lot of people agreeing with me a lot of votes up. Tells you there’s a big issue with slugging in general it’s not just a me problem. The problem starts when you want to run your favorite build that doesn’t require metas like DS Dead Hard, OTR, And Unbreakable. I have to run unbreakble in every match because I hate getting slugged the problem is I don’t want to because I want to run other perks hoping I have smoother games. People like you don’t know how it feels until it happens to you

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954997#Comment_3954997

    According to my post above I have a lot of people agreeing with me a lot of votes up. Tells you there’s a big issue with slugging in general it’s not just a me problem. The problem starts when you want to run your favorite build that doesn’t require metas like DS Dead Hard, OTR, And Unbreakable. I have to run unbreakble in every match because I hate getting slugged the problem is I don’t want to because I want to run other perks hoping I have smoother games. People like you don’t know how it feels until it happens to you

    Textbook appeal to popularity fallacy. Just because something is popular, doesn't make it good or correct.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954997#Comment_3954997

    According to my post above I have a lot of people agreeing with me a lot of votes up. Tells you there’s a big issue with slugging in general it’s not just a me problem. The problem starts when you want to run your favorite build that doesn’t require metas like DS Dead Hard, OTR, And Unbreakable. I have to run unbreakble in every match because I hate getting slugged the problem is I don’t want to because I want to run other perks hoping I have smoother games. People like you don’t know how it feels until it happens to you

    Do you want to play with my friend and I? Nobody is going to bully you about what you’re running, and idk I think this game is just learned best over comms to be honest because there’s so much in the moment information sharing where you can help each other learn.

    If not me, then hand on the entity if you need help just join a dbd group and make some friends you vibe with it’s more fun, and modern dbd for survivor isn’t made for average and below learners learning it through solo Q it’s going to suck.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954997#Comment_3954997

    According to my post above I have a lot of people agreeing with me a lot of votes up. Tells you there’s a big issue with slugging in general it’s not just a me problem. The problem starts when you want to run your favorite build that doesn’t require metas like DS Dead Hard, OTR, And Unbreakable. I have to run unbreakble in every match because I hate getting slugged the problem is I don’t want to because I want to run other perks hoping I have smoother games. People like you don’t know how it feels until it happens to you

    i do know how it feels i just don't care since i primarily play killer and understand where the killer comes from also when i do play survivor i play solo

    do you play killer to understand why killers do that?

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z9H07K1KH19W/img-5849.jpeg

    The killer slugged us and he didn’t even pick us up he was trying to find the last survivor and this kind of stuff is very annoying and needs to be fixed anti slugged should be talked about. Matches have been going too quickly because a killer wants to end us in seconds by slugging.

    I have taken to reporting for holding the game hostage. Which, in the end, is what this is. The killer is refusing to play. And the crow system is DESIGNED to encourage this.

    The only fix is make unbreakable base kit or remove the once a game restriction. If the killer is leaving you down for a full heal cycle, I have zero sympathy that they lose the kill or the hook if bleeding out.

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3955019#Comment_3955019

    i do know how it feels i just don't care since i primarily play killer and understand where the killer comes from also when i do play survivor i play solo

    do you play killer to understand why killers do that?

    The only killers I see doing that is people like Oni Twins Billy Bubba and Nurse. Its annoying tbh and yes I play killer I play Onryo I don’t slug with her the best I’ll do is probably tunnel but slugging is worse than anything

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3955033#Comment_3955033

    The only killers I see doing that is people like Oni Twins Billy Bubba and Nurse. Its annoying tbh and yes I play killer I play Onryo I don’t slug with her the best I’ll do is probably tunnel but slugging is worse than anything

    yea i like winning so i'll use whatever i can

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954376#Comment_3954376

    Oh no, we're experienced alright. As in we've experienced this tedium way too often and we'd like BHVR to do something about it. Doesn't matter if it's not personal when it's not the way the game is intended to be played.

    Survivors have three hook states and Killers are rewarded with pips and BP for progressing through them for a reason. Could it be because that's the intended way to play the game? Tactical slugging is fine, but it's hard to justify this cheesy shortcut to securing a 4K.

    Since BHVR have now taken away all informal methods of tapping out (or "going next" if you prefer), Survivors should at the very least be given the option to bleed out quicker when slugged like this. Nobody wants to be stuck in a match like this.

    I really dont like the whole "intended to play" argument, its not very good. I never make this kind of argument for a very good reason. Its only useful when arguing with a cheater. Aside from really outrageous kinds of behavior (no, slugging, camping and tunneling are not considered outrageous. Im talking about extreme remarks in the end game chat, harassment, things that are just categorically unacceptable no matter what happened during the match.), there is no rulebook. the game gives both sides an objective and it is your job to do what it takes to complete it. The game tells killers even in the tutorial to prevent the survivors from escaping by any means, and tells survivors to do whatever it takes to escape.

    It is not up to either side to make up rules for how the other side must play. Gen efficient stratagies on the survivors side are perfectly fine to do, but killers can use stratagy too. It is not okay to scream foul play every time you lose a match for whatever reason. Emotions can run hot after a match, which is why its important to take a deep breath and slow down. Go from reaction mode to thinking mode.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z9H07K1KH19W/img-5849.jpeg

    The killer slugged us and he didn’t even pick us up he was trying to find the last survivor and this kind of stuff is very annoying and needs to be fixed anti slugged should be talked about. Matches have been going too quickly because a killer wants to end us in seconds by slugging.

    I had a thread on this before, i think when you are down to the last 2 survivors and you down someone, the slugged survivor should have the option to abandon at that point, so you can't "slug for the 4k" as easily.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954997#Comment_3954997

    According to my post above I have a lot of people agreeing with me a lot of votes up. Tells you there’s a big issue with slugging in general it’s not just a me problem. The problem starts when you want to run your favorite build that doesn’t require metas like DS Dead Hard, OTR, And Unbreakable. I have to run unbreakble in every match because I hate getting slugged the problem is I don’t want to because I want to run other perks hoping I have smoother games. People like you don’t know how it feels until it happens to you

    Got a lot of upvotes on a "killer bad" us vs them post on the. Survivor sided forum..... Yeah. That amounts for nothing, especially considering the later comments ratios

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    I agree that something should be done about situations where there are two survivors left and one of them gets slugged because killer is trying for 4K and slugged survivor can’t abandon because the other survivor is hiding, holding out for hatch. Easiest solution would be to allow the slugged survivor to abandon in these situations because at that point the match is essentially over. I can’t really see a downside to allowing abandons in these situations.

    No, because the bot will crawl towards you to get picked up, and if they are injured, they will run to you to get healed. Some killers will abuse this to find the last survivor. What we need is the ability for survivors to bleed out and die with dignity or to restore themselves to the injured state. Abandonment is not optimal for every situation because it creates a bot, and sometimes that can exacerbate the problem in the first place.

  • thats what they have to do. Why is it so wrong for the killer to want the 4k? Why am I gonna carry the second to last survivor to hook just so that the other survivor can rat for free hatch? If I want the 4k thats just stupid.

  • @queencynic said:

    I just had a game where a Spirit literally had all of us down by 4 gens left and it's like, girl you're letting us slug it out for the 4k and you're going to get like way less points than you would've if you just chased people and hooked more than once.

    It just seems a tad bit weird when everybody's bringing cakes and the potential for BP gains is massive and easy.

    A universal experience.

    My last game years ago during an anniversary: 5 point offerings, haddonfield, me on blight at which is suck at, 2 hooks (no camping, tunneling or slugging), ended with 3 ppl with less than 11k points on the end card, me included.

    Both sides show that they don't care about the other.

  • @Nomade said:

    thats what they have to do. Why is it so wrong for the killer to want the 4k? Why am I gonna carry the second to last survivor to hook just so that the other survivor can rat for free hatch? If I want the 4k thats just stupid.

    There's nothing wrong with wanting the 4k, but you should earn it.  When the third Survivor dies, the game becomes a race for the hatch, and you shouldn't be able to cross the finish line before the race even starts.

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z9H07K1KH19W/img-5849.jpeg

    The killer slugged us and he didn’t even pick us up he was trying to find the last survivor and this kind of stuff is very annoying and needs to be fixed anti slugged should be talked about. Matches have been going too quickly because a killer wants to end us in seconds by slugging.

    3 gens have popped and we have no idea the progress on the other 2, plus he has hooked 4 times, how is he trying to end the match quickly ?

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3956493#Comment_3956493

    There's nothing wrong with wanting the 4k, but you should earn it.  When the third Survivor dies, the game becomes a race for the hatch, and you shouldn't be able to cross the finish line before the race even starts.

    I did earn it, i caught all your team mates.

  • Catching all the teammates earns you a 3k, not a 4k.

  • I imagine this gets worse thanks to BHVR DBDstats now keeping track of exactly how many kills/escapes there are giving both sides another incentive to do what they do.

    • This is not really slugging for the 4k over the 3k. Slugging for the 4k is having 2 Survivors dead, 1 on the ground and 1 alive and refusing to hook the grounded Survivor to deny hatch. If they hooked the Survivor on the ground, all it would do is spawn hatch and end the game based on who finds it.
    • This is slugging a snowball for pressure. If they hooked one of you, the standing Survivor would be able to pick the other one up and split up. Since neither of you is dead on hook either, a unhook is likely. Having 3 Survivors at 2 generators is absolutely a winnable Scenario for Survivor. This is not "I slug because I am not happy with a 3k win, I need a 4k" This is "I slug because if I don't I might only get a tie or even a loss."
1 2 ›