What happened to Dead By Daylight?????

I’ve been playing this game since it originally came out and I can honestly say what was a great gaming experience has completely diminished! These new updates do nothing but make the game less challenging for killers who many have already found ways to get around the system! Now if nobody noticed the time out crows will get you whether you’re idle or not…. Killers move faster than ever (clear example a killer was in the process of hooking one player but was able to cut down 2 other players! I’m not one to complain but the changes aren’t even subtle whomever is making these updates seem to lean towards the killers but my thing is make it fair .The abilities given to survivors seem lame in comparison to killers who are coming across as totally OP…. My thing is just keep it fair instead of ignoring players complaints by just introducing new events when we all can see the gaming changes a has def soured the fun for a lot of players!

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947652#Comment_3947652

    I wouldn't mind going back to 2020 or 2021 DBD. It was pretty balanced, and I'd like to think the community was happier back then.

    I do think my personal favorite time was before knight and SM got added. That's not to say I don't like knight (SM is a different story) because knight is my 2nd favorite killer, I love the guy.

    But it was like right before 3 genning started, so they hadn't butchered like… every gen perk yet. It felt so nice to actually have useful gen regression perks. It felt nice to not have to use pain res or nothing.

  • Im just curious exactly what patch were talking about is the "good" one

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947672#Comment_3947672

    I do think my personal favorite time was before knight and SM got added. That's not to say I don't like knight (SM is a different story) because knight is my 2nd favorite killer, I love the guy.

    But it was like right before 3 genning started, so they hadn't butchered like… every gen perk yet. It felt so nice to actually have useful gen regression perks. It felt nice to not have to use pain res or nothing.

    Dunno if I agree, since Overbrine Eruption was meta and that was definitely not healthy or good for the game at all.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947678#Comment_3947678

    Dunno if I agree, since Overbrine Eruption was meta and that was definitely not healthy or good for the game at all.

    No that's what I mean it wasn't meta yet. People didn't discover that 3 gen stuff til knight and skull merchant came out, and since they excelled at 3 genning they also ended up exposing how good it is overall.

    Before that it was the pain res + dead man's meta.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947652#Comment_3947652

    I wouldn't mind going back to 2020 or 2021 DBD. It was pretty balanced, and I'd like to think the community was happier back then.

    Can we go slightly further back? I miss my favorite killer.

    @LordGlint said:

    Im just curious exactly what patch were talking about is the "good" one

    Well, I've already shared my own answer as anything between 27th of October 2017 and 22th of July 2019.

    However, if I were to name one Patch in particular… 2.3.3, after Spirit's release but before Legion, sounds good to me. Ghostface's release in 3.0.0 also has enough variety without costing me my favorite killer. Freddy's own release back in 1.8.0 is also one I would gladly accept.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947688#Comment_3947688

    No that's what I mean it wasn't meta yet. People didn't discover that 3 gen stuff til knight and skull merchant came out, and since they excelled at 3 genning they also ended up exposing how good it is overall.

    Before that it was the pain res + dead man's meta.

    Well, if it's after 6.1 then it was still meta lol

    People were still stuck on DMS PR but some of us figured it out early on.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947692#Comment_3947692

    Well, if it's after 6.1 then it was still meta lol

    People were still stuck on DMS PR but some of us figured it out early on.

    The patch before they buffed overcharge.

    Though I will say, people may have started using the buffed gen perks in 6.1.0 but after more searching around on the interwebs, pretty much all the posts or videos I see that even use the term 3 gen meta and talk about it were from like october and after. 6.1.0 happened in june (july?). And also from what I can remember while playing during that time, 3 genning really did not pick up speed like that.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947708#Comment_3947708

    The patch before they buffed overcharge.

    Though I will say, people may have started using the buffed gen perks in 6.1.0 but after more searching around on the interwebs, pretty much all the posts or videos I see that even use the term 3 gen meta and talk about it were from like october and after. 6.1.0 happened in june (july?). And also from what I can remember while playing during that time, 3 genning really did not pick up speed like that.

    Like I said, people were still stuck on PR DMS. Some other Killers were more….curious early-on about some perks potential.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947711#Comment_3947711

    Like I said, people were still stuck on PR DMS. Some other Killers were more….curious early-on about some perks potential.

    Ay all I know is… I want useful gen regression perks. I'm perfectly fine with going back to pre-6.1.0

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947672#Comment_3947672

    Can we go slightly further back? I miss my favorite killer.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947682#Comment_3947682

    Well, I've already shared my own answer as anything between 27th of October 2017 and 22th of July 2019.

    However, if I were to name one Patch in particular… 2.3.3, after Spirit's release but before Legion, sounds good to me. Ghostface's release in 3.0.0 also has enough variety without costing me my favorite killer. Freddy's own release back in 1.8.0 is also one I would gladly accept.

    I feel like as soon as I whip out prayer beads Spirit with OG ruin and a red mori from that time frame, ppl wouldn't like that patch much, lol.

  • There is no killer that received any movement speed buff. That is completely untrue, and your post having more likes than dislikes just shows how these forums are getting flooded by biased survivor mains at the moment.

    Also, I get that there are a few oppressive killers, mainly Nurse, Blight and Kaneki, but I would love to know who else you consider oppressive.

  • @ad19970 said:

    There is no killer that received any movement speed buff. That is completely untrue, and your post having more likes than dislikes just shows how these forums are getting flooded by biased survivor mains at the moment.

    Also, I get that there are a few oppressive killers, mainly Nurse, Blight and Kaneki, but I would love to know who else you consider oppressive.

    Pig OP, please nerf

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947693#Comment_3947693

    I feel like as soon as I whip out prayer beads Spirit with OG ruin and a red mori from that time frame, ppl wouldn't like that patch much, lol.

    People, perhaps.

    But not me.

  • You're not really interested in the game's state as a whole though for any given patch. You just want OG Freddy. If they released OG Freddy into the patch we have right now, you'd be satisfied.

  • @AriesEyez87 said:

    I’ve been playing this game since it originally came out and I can honestly say what was a great gaming experience has completely diminished! These new updates do nothing but make the game less challenging for killers who many have already found ways to get around the system! Now if nobody noticed the time out crows will get you whether you’re idle or not…. Killers move faster than ever (clear example a killer was in the process of hooking one player but was able to cut down 2 other players! I’m not one to complain but the changes aren’t even subtle whomever is making these updates seem to lean towards the killers but my thing is make it fair .The abilities given to survivors seem lame in comparison to killers who are coming across as totally OP…. My thing is just keep it fair instead of ignoring players complaints by just introducing new events when we all can see the gaming changes a has def soured the fun for a lot of players!

    Hey do you remember when "See you in the Fog" was a sign off because the game had fog mechanics? Pepperidge farm remembers.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Killer speed has not increased. The crows spawning is the only thing you listed that changed.

    lol stating obvious facts gets downvoted. The whole downvoting thing is just a complete joke. It’s turned this forum into a Reddit-style cesspool. How the mods thought this was a good idea is beyond my comprehension.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947908#Comment_3947908

    You're not really interested in the game's state as a whole though for any given patch. You just want OG Freddy. If they released OG Freddy into the patch we have right now, you'd be satisfied.

    Well, kinda. Let me explain.

    I am interested in the game's state as a whole mostly for survivor. You see, I cannot really call myself a "killer main" or "survivor main". I started more as killer then switched to survivor, but overall I care about both experiences. Therefore, ideally I would want to choose a version of the game that provides what I enjoy for both experiences (better resources and more atmospheric maps for survivor, OG Freddy for killer).

    I believe the versions I have mentioned fit that requirement, my dear friend.

    However, your comment is not wrong, at all. OG Freddy takes priority over anything that DBD could possibly offer. Over five years of discussions here and I don't think a single one of them ever properly expressed just how much I care about this character.

    So yes, if we could have OG Freddy in the game right now I would be satisfied. It isn't the absolute best possible scenario, far from it, but I would not complain.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947916#Comment_3947916

    Well, kinda. Let me explain.

    I am interested in the game's state as a whole mostly for survivor. You see, I cannot really call myself a "killer main" or "survivor main". I started more as killer then switched to survivor, but overall I care about both experiences. Therefore, ideally I would want to choose a version of the game that provides what I enjoy for both experiences (better resources and more atmospheric maps for survivor, OG Freddy for killer).

    I believe the versions I have mentioned fit that requirement, my dear friend.

    However, your comment is not wrong, at all. OG Freddy takes priority over anything that DBD could possibly offer. Over five years of discussions here and I don't think a single one of them ever properly expressed just how much I care about this character.

    So yes, if we could have OG Freddy in the game right now I would be satisfied. It isn't the absolute best possible scenario, far from it, but I would not complain.

    That's kind of the thing about talking about past patches as if those were good times. While there's some individual things that are missed... its usually bundled with stuff that was an absolute cancer. Freddy's release for example came before instablinds were nerfed. If the devs released an alternative gamemode that let us play THAT patch of DBD, you best believe survivors would remind you of that.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947950#Comment_3947950

    That's kind of the thing about talking about past patches as if those were good times. While there's some individual things that are missed... its usually bundled with stuff that was an absolute cancer. Freddy's release for example came before instablinds were nerfed. If the devs released an alternative gamemode that let us play THAT patch of DBD, you best believe survivors would remind you of that.

    But I think that can be applied to every single patch in the game's history, tbh. I think it is impossible to find one version of DBD that players had nothing to complain about.

    There is always going to be something that players dislike, and that is true for both the Old DBD and the modern DBD. It really depends of your personal preferences, when did the good outweigh the bad for your experience. I don't mind dealing with four insta-blinds if I can play OG Freddy, it is something I'm willing to put up with. Or Prayer Beads Spirit, as you recalled. Or 5 blink Nurse, because Freddy matters more to me than any of that.

    For other players, this might not be the case, and that is valid. It is perfectly okay to prefer the current version of DBD over any that existed in the past. I just don't think those who enjoyed the Old DBD should have permanently lost it. And, in my case, it is because of Freddy, of course.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947994#Comment_3947994

    But I think that can be applied to every single patch in the game's history, tbh. I think it is impossible to find one version of DBD that players had nothing to complain about.

    There is always going to be something that players dislike, and that is true for both the Old DBD and the modern DBD. It really depends of your personal preferences, when did the good outweigh the bad for your experience. I don't mind dealing with four insta-blinds if I can play OG Freddy, it is something I'm willing to put up with. Or Prayer Beads Spirit, as you recalled. Or 5 blink Nurse, because Freddy matters more to me than any of that.

    For other players, this might not be the case, and that is valid. It is perfectly okay to prefer the current version of DBD over any that existed in the past. I just don't think those who enjoyed the Old DBD should have permanently lost it. And, in my case, it is because of Freddy, of course.

    That's my point exactly, lol. Most patchesback then had alot of stuff that was complete cancer. I think they've done well on toning that down so its just annoyingly strong stuff instead. I feel like MOST people who want to re-experience the goodies they had back then will get a wakeup call once they remember the cancer the OTHER side had too.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948015#Comment_3948015

    That's my point exactly, lol. Most patchesback then had alot of stuff that was complete cancer. I think they've done well on toning that down so its just annoyingly strong stuff instead. I feel like MOST people who want to re-experience the goodies they had back then will get a wakeup call once they remember the cancer the OTHER side had too.

    Nostalgia blind is a helluva thing.

    It irks me badly when people lament about the 'good ol' days' and how badly they want it back. Like, are we remembering the same game? It barely functioned lol

    We have it so good now. Revert it to 2016-2019 era and the game would die in a month from people finsing out/remembering how bad the game was back then.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948042#Comment_3948042

    Nostalgia blind is a helluva thing.

    It irks me badly when people lament about the 'good ol' days' and how badly they want it back. Like, are we remembering the same game? It barely functioned lol

    We have it so good now. Revert it to 2016-2019 era and the game would die in a month from people finsing out/remembering how bad the game was back then.

    I feel like it would be worse than it was originally. Most ppl if given the chance to play 2017 alternate gamemode... wouldn't be picking chill loadouts. It would likely be 90% cancer loadouts using stuff like red moris with iri head for killer players or instablinds and BNPs for survivors. At least back in the day, those weren't gonna be every match.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948015#Comment_3948015

    That's my point exactly, lol. Most patchesback then had alot of stuff that was complete cancer. I think they've done well on toning that down so its just annoyingly strong stuff instead. I feel like MOST people who want to re-experience the goodies they had back then will get a wakeup call once they remember the cancer the OTHER side had too.

    And that also proves my point, friend.

    The subjective aspect is part of it. Correct me if I am wrong, but if I understood your comment, you would prefer not to play an old version of the game. That is fine, valid, and you quite simply have that option by playing the game normally.

    What I'm saying is that, if given the choice (because we currently don't have the choice, I am playing the exact same DBD you are), I, GeneralV, would willingly go back to a previous version of DBD. I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I gave you examples of versions I would like to return to, I never said they would apply to the entire community.

    Many players don't need a wake up call, they would know exactly what they are choosing. For some people, it WAS a better game. For others, it wasn't. It is preference really.

    It just so happens that, currently, those whose prefer the old game do not have a chance to return. That's all.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948042#Comment_3948042

    And that also proves my point, friend.

    The subjective aspect is part of it. Correct me if I am wrong, but if I understood your comment, you would prefer not to play an old version of the game. That is fine, valid, and you quite simply have that option by playing the game normally.

    What I'm saying is that, if given the choice (because we currently don't have the choice, I am playing the exact same DBD you are), I, GeneralV, would willingly go back to a previous version of DBD. I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I gave you examples of versions I would like to return to, I never said they would apply to the entire community.

    Many players don't need a wake up call, they would know exactly what they are choosing. For some people, it WAS a better game. For others, it wasn't. It is preference really.

    It just so happens that, currently, those whose prefer the old game do not have a chance to return. That's all.

    Oh for sure if they had an alternative game mode that let you play an old DBD, im sure alot of ppl with rose tinted glasses would hop on. Im also sure those same people would get a quick reminder of the changes they liked once they caught a machine gun huntress hatchet half a second after getting unhooked, then moried. The gamemode wouldn't need to last more than a week for most people.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948067#Comment_3948067

    Oh for sure if they had an alternative game mode that let you play an old DBD, im sure alot of ppl with rose tinted glasses would hop on. Im also sure those same people would get a quick reminder of the changes they liked once they caught a machine gun huntress hatchet half a second after getting unhooked, then moried. The gamemode wouldn't need to last more than a week for most people.

    Then it would be their decision to continue or stop playing, not mine to make.

    Again, I cannot speak for others. Only myself. I can tell you I would enjoy such gamemode, I want it to happen. I do not have absolute certainty of how others would react, my friend.

    I can offer you my perspective, and my perspective alone.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948069#Comment_3948069

    Then it would be their decision to continue or stop playing, not mine to make.

    Again, I cannot speak for others. Only myself. I can tell you I would enjoy such gamemode, I want it to happen. I do not have absolute certainty of how others would react, my friend.

    I can offer you my perspective, and my perspective alone.

    I would LOVE such a gamemode to be an option just for the sake of reminding people how far the game has come. I might play a match or 2 to laugh at just how busted some stuff was, but beyond that... It would be like watching a car wreck. Then we'd get posts all over again about how BS it is that the other side did XYZ. I highly doubt 90% of people going into an alternative gamemode would be going in with a normal loadout.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947651#Comment_3947651

    Because all I've learned in this post is that it's straight survivor players wanting the game to be completely favored to them. Back when they had infinites, old ds, old dead hard, the big maps filled with just strong tiles, 8 second self heals, etc etc. Of course they want it back. Like somehow my reply of "Both sides need fixing and both sides should receive benefits, and not just one side. And people need to stop having an 'Us vs Them' mentality" gets downvoted.

    This forum seems to be filled with the most disingenuous people, who don't want the betterment of the game. They just want the betterment of their own side. It's the weirdest thing.

    Ya seems that way... Sucks cause I just wanted a place to discuss the game, but instead I get down voted for making sense lol, I think we both play both roles so that's probably why we get down voted because we actually understand the game unlike the vast majority of people on the forums who just play one role

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948076#Comment_3948076

    I would LOVE such a gamemode to be an option just for the sake of reminding people how far the game has come. I might play a match or 2 to laugh at just how busted some stuff was, but beyond that... It would be like watching a car wreck. Then we'd get posts all over again about how BS it is that the other side did XYZ. I highly doubt 90% of people going into an alternative gamemode would be going in with a normal loadout.

    Your decision to laugh, theirs to complain.

    I would be happily playing it while that happens.

  • @toukent said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947652#Comment_3947652

    Ya seems that way... Sucks cause I just wanted a place to discuss the game, but instead I get down voted for making sense lol, I think we both play both roles so that's probably why we get down voted because we actually understand the game unlike the vast majority of people on the forums who just play one role

    Yea honestly the quicker you get over downvotes on this website the better off you are because I just see it as whatever, especially since I know for a fact most of the people who do the downvoting never bother to have a discussion and present an opposite viewpoint or explain what I said that they didn't agree with, so they aren't someone to be concerned with. So it is what it is.

  • @Fix_Killers said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947469#Comment_3947469

    So escape rates that don't differentiate between low and high level play are the Survivor's proof?

    For all we know, there's enough low-level Survivor groups dragging the average down by 10% or more.
    But those rates will be used as the be-all, end-all proof that Survivors need more perks and Killers need to be controlled so they can't do anything Survivor's don't like.

    So escape rates that don't differentiate between low and high level play

    Look, I know math and reading comprehension are really not strong suits for people in this forum, but come on.

    The chart has exactly two rows, that are literally differentiated by MMR.

    You didn't even look at this.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948091#Comment_3948091

    Yea honestly the quicker you get over downvotes on this website the better off you are because I just see it as whatever, especially since I know for a fact most of the people who do the downvoting never bother to have a discussion and present an opposite viewpoint or explain what I said that they didn't agree with, so they aren't someone to be concerned with. So it is what it is.

    just curious did you even play the game before 2022 ?

    downvotes are whatever but if all your comments are getting ratioed 20 to 1 you're most likely just wrong, your attitude is "I'm a genius and everyone else is stupid" I have bad news for you

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948100#Comment_3948100

    just curious did you even play the game before 2022 ?

    downvotes are whatever but if all your comments are getting ratioed 20 to 1 you're most likely just wrong, your attitude is "I'm a genius and everyone else is stupid" I have bad news for you

    Yes I played the game before 2022.

    That's not my attitude, nowhere did I say I'm a genius or that other people are stupid. I'm saying that people spam downvoting someone for saying "Hey! We should make changes that benefit both sides instead of just one! And this community needs to get over its 'Us vs Them' mentality" then yes, it's meaningless downvoting.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947279#Comment_3947279

    lol stating obvious facts gets downvoted. The whole downvoting thing is just a complete joke. It’s turned this forum into a Reddit-style cesspool. How the mods thought this was a good idea is beyond my comprehension.

    completely

  • Yeah it's rare survivors ever get new powers or items, I usually look at IDV in comparison where there is cool powers like a survivor who functions sort of like spirit, and survivors who can fight back etc. I really want Mirrored Illusion and the likes to become good, I really want to have more depth to playing as survivor, a jump exhaustion perk or an item I can use to fight back with.

    Dead Hards rework and nerfed versus Nurse/Blight/Ghoul double standards is like the largest red flag of this sort of terrible balancing, as it was the only perk which was a hard counter to these kinds of killers, but ofc was bs for the lower tier. But now we're just lower tier survivor options versus S-Tier killers.

    I feel both sides need to get grounded or survivor needs to have S-Tier options again like Dead Hard, there is literally another thread with nurse player who has nearly an 80 percent kill rate wanting more on these forums. IDK its just lame, and BHVR allows this by paying a blind eye.

1 2 ›