People still dc against skull merchant

During my games with skull merchant I still see survivors dc/self unhook whenever they see her even after the nerfs

Makes me wonder what was the point of nerfing her if people are still gonna dc no matter what

Comments

  • Can't say I've ever been fond of powers that are, "I clicked a button, leave the loop or die"

  • every killer experiences d/c's. it is matter of HOW MUCH d/c. overall, her kill-rate way down and as did her overall stats. so I imagine that a greater % of games with skull merchant have less d/c on average. While it's great that survivor likely play more matches against her because she is more "fun" to escape from, The killer experience is unrewarding and partly unfun.

    All that await now is rework/revert so that she is more fun to play for killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Can't say I've ever been fond of powers that are, "I clicked a button, leave the loop or die"

    LIke knight too another one that still just no skilled. I feel he still aint nerfed properly.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Can't say I've ever been fond of powers that are, "I clicked a button, leave the loop or die"

    Depends on the loop, you can crouch the single scanline pretty easily now and still avoid getting hit in many loops, both by SM and the scanline since you're immune to getting scanned when vaulting windows and pallets. And if SM is about to get a lock on, the survivor can just crouch to force an M1. And once you're injured, she has to fiddle around with her drones and spin them around and get lock on just for some haste and hinder which may not even be enough.

    Her antiloop isn't oppressive in the slightest anymore, it's frankly awful if you know the counterplay. Out of the killers that can force hits at loops, she's probably among the easiest to loop against. I'm surprised people don't find it fun honestly, she's almost a pure M1 killer now if you just crouch the scanline.

    The honest truth is people still remember her as the double scanline stealth scan noobstomper, or the awful 3 gen merchant. Few players have actually played a serious match against nerfed single scanline SM.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Can't say I've ever been fond of powers that are, "I clicked a button, leave the loop or die"

    Except skull merchant right now is more like " I clicked a button, now you can stay at the loop for 2 minutes and then die or be a bozo and leave the loop and die" like I am sorry I understood with previous skull merchant but right now her beam is literally a worse vecna flight of the damned that has to hit you 4 times to even have an effect, its a pure skill issue if you are not wasting skull merchants time in a loop after she drops a drone.

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880533#Comment_3880533

    LIke knight too another one that still just no skilled. I feel he still aint nerfed properly.

    Nerfs knight, what's next nerf legion or nerf trapper?

  • @Rudjohns said:

    And once and for all, people didn't use to DC against her because she was strong, its because she is a faulty killer, badly designed, thats all. And the fact that she is way weaker now just means people will pick her just to spite survivors, and play as nasty as possible. Nobody wants to deal with that. I don't blame anyone wanting to DC or to go next. I also prioritize my fun.

    Very mature. Just DC against anything that's hard. Or something that used to be hard? I don't even get that second part's logic.

  • @Massquwatt said:

    It's just carry over from the old chess merchant days and it'll be a stink that'll carry even through to her rework unfortunately. The hate will never go down no matter how fun you make her to verse. Although the idea that people DC against her for "not being fun" is a bit silly when the Legion still exists and being the least interactable killer in the game. She's not a very hard killer to beat these days and not very strong either and yet, I still have people kill themselves on hook on what are totally winnable matches.

    Tell me what "chess Merchant" means, because I'm still in the dark on it and I keep seeing people say it. I'm hoping it's a term created out of logic and reason, unlike the "gen kick meta."

    I don't understand how Legion is boring. He's an M1 killer which is fun to go against because M1 is easy to loop. Usually the people calling him boring keep healing over and over despite that being the 1 thing that gives him value on his power.

    And yes, people will throw away clearly ez win matches against her because they're infantile. They're just, "Don't like this killah! Rage quit!"

  • @Peppa_Pigsaw said:

    Because even if she's the worst killer in the game she feels awful to play against.

    Literally how? Because she takes strategy and match awareness? Or because solo teammates suck?, because if that's the case, your problem is not with her but with them.

  • @Yggleif said:

    Honestly she gets played like a bad wraith these days and it works against most people for some reason lmao.

    Because the average survivor's caliber is like nothing. The hardest match throws I've ever seen have all been in this game. Extremely broken gen speeds, like 3 gens for 1 chase, extremely unfair loops that are 100% reactable by the survivor, like killer shack or long wall jungle gyms, and perks that just turn you into Terminator like OTR, DS, DH, etc. The survivors will have all of that, and then just stop progressing their objective, and forget how to loop. That, or they didn't know they had all that stuff to begin with, and just got lucky the game handholds them so hard.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Can't say I've ever been fond of powers that are, "I clicked a button, leave the loop or die"

    That's such a bad faith, simplistic analysis of a killer power.

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880533#Comment_3880533

    LIke knight too another one that still just no skilled. I feel he still aint nerfed properly.

    You can't be serious. Who else isn't nerfed enough? Wraith? Pig? Clown?

  • "Leave the loop or die".

    Meet The Trapper, literally the first killer in this game.

    There is always a reason to hate the killer. "The killer hits me in the middle of an animation", "a secondary objective is too oppressive", "killer vaulting a pallet is too powerful", "the margin for reaction is too small"…

    It was all but fun when the nerfed Hillbilly was so hard to control that he would fail his chainsaw 10 times before he could knock someone down. When he needed an insane ability and you had to modify your mouse sensitivity to even have a chance of doing anything… The reality is that the killer needs to take down survivors at some point, they can't have powers that do nothing.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880027#Comment_3880027

    Very mature. Just DC against anything that's hard. Or something that used to be hard? I don't even get that second part's logic.

    Didn't I just say nobody DC because she is strong?

  • @squbax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880533#Comment_3880533

    Except skull merchant right now is more like " I clicked a button, now you can stay at the loop for 2 minutes and then die or be a bozo and leave the loop and die" like I am sorry I understood with previous skull merchant but right now her beam is literally a worse vecna flight of the damned that has to hit you 4 times to even have an effect, its a pure skill issue if you are not wasting skull merchants time in a loop after she drops a drone.

    That is slightly better, but still pretty bad.

    Not really any skill expression for either side.

  • So just because a killer gets nerfed it doesnt mean that it anyway better to play against them. Dullmerchant is the best example. Bhvr just has no feeling for good gameplay.

  • @shadow_V said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3879924#Comment_3879924

    Last skull merchant I went up against abused knock out to slugg us all game so no we're not spoiled it's just the killer's attitude and the way they decide to play I think it would be fun to play against her now she's balanced (giving us a peg/dot for disabling a drone something we HAVE to do was overkill) but these greedy abusing tunneling camping killers apparently don't know how to play decently there's a reason why mama disciplined us as kids when we didn't play fair it makes it fun for no one except you

    This is a very bad faith argument, there are like a ton of characters who can do that but way better, it just happens to be a skull merchant. (Theory is that toxic people flock to skull merchant to enjoy this play style cause of the stigma, and how much it will tilt people) Players will always try to be toxic, but nerfing a character or refusing to buff a character because the players use her in a toxic way (At this point unrelated to her power) It feels like you and many other players are attributing traits incorrectly.

  • people who still hate and/or dc against Skully will never not be funny to me, especially with her new skin she got from Lunar Year…goddamn……

  • @CLHL said:

    "Leave the loop or die".

    Meet The Trapper, literally the first killer in this game.

    There is always a reason to hate the killer. "The killer hits me in the middle of an animation", "a secondary objective is too oppressive", "killer vaulting a pallet is too powerful", "the margin for reaction is too small"…

    It was all but fun when the nerfed Hillbilly was so hard to control that he would fail his chainsaw 10 times before he could knock someone down. When he needed an insane ability and you had to modify your mouse sensitivity to even have a chance of doing anything… The reality is that the killer needs to take down survivors at some point, they can't have powers that do nothing.

    To be fair, people don't mind it as much on trapper due to his limitations being more harsh than smerch (the standstill animation, having to collect traps, FoV forced downward, stepping in his own traps, etc.) I get what you mean, but I'm pretty sure thats more what people using that logic are thinking.

  • @CLHL said:

    "Leave the loop or die".

    Meet The Trapper, literally the first killer in this game.

    There is always a reason to hate the killer. "The killer hits me in the middle of an animation", "a secondary objective is too oppressive", "killer vaulting a pallet is too powerful", "the margin for reaction is too small"…

    It was all but fun when the nerfed Hillbilly was so hard to control that he would fail his chainsaw 10 times before he could knock someone down. When he needed an insane ability and you had to modify your mouse sensitivity to even have a chance of doing anything… The reality is that the killer needs to take down survivors at some point, they can't have powers that do nothing.

    I wouldn't compare Trapper to Skull Merchant at all. I've had Trappers trapped a pallet and I literally just run elsewhere to a whole new loop.

    Skull Merchant on the other hand could toss up a drone, you have to crouch through the scanlines to avoid getting hit. There's a reason why Trapper is considered one of the weakest killers in the game because his lethality and mobility are not as great, as someone like Skull Merchant. She was a jack of all trades killer with stealth, hindering, injuring of drones, and the constant overlapping of drones too.

    Trapper only can place traps at loops, that's it — more lethal if they bring a Bloody Coil, but eh.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880843#Comment_3880843

    To be fair, people don't mind it as much on trapper due to his limitations being more harsh than smerch (the standstill animation, having to collect traps, FoV forced downward, stepping in his own traps, etc.) I get what you mean, but I'm pretty sure thats more what people using that logic are thinking.

    I mean Trapper puts down a trap and people just leave tile. That's it, and he sucks because of it.

    Skull Merchant with single scan line is a far more interesting question of "Can I make another tile in time? Or am I more confident in my ability to loop at this tile dodging scan lines". The haste removal was also reasonable. The other changes are ass, but this pair of changes was actually good, cause you can fine tune the rotation speed to be fair and threatenening, and Skull Merchant has to use genuine mind games and her drone rotation switch to get hits (which she didn't before).

    You get 2 chances you can completely ignore scan lines if you wish, amd then you can take a hit or a 3rd scanline to boost away when you wish to a new tile. However, you can also try and push everything to the limit and actually play the scan lines.

    Skull Merchant has plenty of counterplay and high level decision making if she only got one single scan line and haste removal as her changes... she would be a far cry from the worst killer in any category people level complaints at, and would actually be quite fair... but she instead still remained the scapegoat, through what I can only attribute to bias.

  • People will throw a hissy fit against her regardless of what her power will be.

    A sad, unfortunate truth.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3880084#Comment_3880084

    Literally how? Because she takes strategy and match awareness? Or because solo teammates suck?, because if that's the case, your problem is not with her but with them.

    Already left a very long and detailed answer on that, should be around here somewhere I'm sure you can find it.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    It's not that people think she's still powerful or because entitled survivors or whatever. She's just ######### boring to play against. There is little interaction between her power and survivors. Unironically, trapper is more fun to play against because you never know when a window may be trapped, or Doctor because he makes skillchecks harder. Even twins is more interactive to face, with kicking victor and such.

    She earned the nickname Dull Merchant for a reason more than 3 genning.

    This. Her counterplay is tedious.

    I'll be honest though, it's been awhile since I've seen anyone DC against her in my games. There's a few other killers I see more DCs amongst my team mates for.

  • @SoGo said:

    People will throw a hissy fit against her regardless of what her power will be.

    A sad, unfortunate truth.

    Not true

    Wait for her rework, lets see if the devs will ditch the drone concept and give her a new power that will be engaging for both sides

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881205#Comment_3881205

    Not true

    Wait for her rework, lets see if the devs will ditch the drone concept and give her a new power that will be engaging for both sides

    They won't do that. Her whole lore revolves around the drones, they need to be visually a part of her power

  • @XtremeDBD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881285#Comment_3881285

    They won't do that. Her whole lore revolves around the drones, they need to be visually a part of her power

    Then people will never like her

  • People would have to get a full memory wipe of the entire Chess Merchant era to stop DCing.

  • You don't think that's a tiny bit irrational and unfair?

  • No, that's people's way of protesting against a badly designed character. DBD is not a free to play game. The devs don't have a free pass to release anything they want and expect players to enjoy it

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881291#Comment_3881291

    No, that's people's way of protesting against a badly designed character. DBD is not a free to play game. The devs don't have a free pass to release anything they want and expect players to enjoy it

    That implies pretty heavily that there is absolutely no way to design a character that just has drones, generally and without any other context, that wouldn't be badly designed and worth DCing over.

    Surely you must admit there are some ways of involving the concept of a drone in a power that wouldn't be badly designed? If, say, Singularity's power were functionally exactly the same but visually his Biopods were hovering drones, would that automatically make him badly designed and worth DCing over?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881295#Comment_3881295

    That implies pretty heavily that there is absolutely no way to design a character that just has drones, generally and without any other context, that wouldn't be badly designed and worth DCing over.

    Surely you must admit there are some ways of involving the concept of a drone in a power that wouldn't be badly designed? If, say, Singularity's power were functionally exactly the same but visually his Biopods were hovering drones, would that automatically make him badly designed and worth DCing over?

    Singularity is one of the hardest killers to play as. It takes skill. SM doesn't

    I don't have faith in a new drone power unless they code the power from the ground. It will not work

    I much rather remove the drones completely and give her a chase power, such as a flamethrower or something like that. It could even be 1 hit down.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881296#Comment_3881296

    Singularity is one of the hardest killers to play as. It takes skill. SM doesn't

    I don't have faith in a new drone power unless they code the power from the ground. It will not work

    I much rather remove the drones completely and give her a chase power, such as a flamethrower or something like that. It could even be 1 hit down.

    So, then, she can keep the drones and it's possible for her to be well designed.

    Which is good, because they obviously shouldn't completely ditch the core narrative concept of a killer just because that killer was the subject of an irrational hate brigade.

    As an aside, she has a chase power now. That clearly isn't enough for most people.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881298#Comment_3881298

    So, then, she can keep the drones and it's possible for her to be well designed.

    Which is good, because they obviously shouldn't completely ditch the core narrative concept of a killer just because that killer was the subject of an irrational hate brigade.

    As an aside, she has a chase power now. That clearly isn't enough for most people.

    "Which is good, because they obviously shouldn't completely ditch the core narrative concept of a killer just because that killer was the subject of an irrational hate brigade."

    So old Legion and PTB Twins should have stayed the same

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3881299#Comment_3881299

    "Which is good, because they obviously shouldn't completely ditch the core narrative concept of a killer just because that killer was the subject of an irrational hate brigade."

    So old Legion and PTB Twins should have stayed the same

    Nope, old Legion and PTB Twins should've been reworked to retain the same basic power idea without the problems that they originally had.

    In Legion's case, at least, that's exactly what they did. I'm hazier on PTB Twins, but I'm very confident they didn't ditch the idea of, y'know, Victor, in general.

  • Her release was already super misleading, she still looks like a fortnite henchman when they could've given her a default skin revamp. Everyone thought she was gonna be a cyborg, which sounds way cooler than what we got.

1 2 ›