Lightborn

BHVR can you please do something fun with this perk???? Completely countering an item is not a good thing. Why not make it if you flashlight the killer you get exposed for 20 seconds or your exhausted something that is intresting beside oh the brought a perk so your item is no longer able to be used.

Comments

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853149#Comment_3853149

    No one forgets that. It’s just a case of not believing it is as prevalent as killers make it out to be. I can’t remember the last match I played, even among all the calls for distortion to be nerfed, where I was consistently seeing it being run by 4 players. Whereas Lightborne consistently denies an effect to all 4 players for the entire match.

    Sure, going against a flash squad is annoying and I’m fully supportive of that having a counter - but killers have a way of dodging that before the match even starts because they can see what items survivors are bringing in. Furthermore, it takes a quite well co-ordinated team to get that sort of play and I’d argue if you’re genuinely seeing them a lot you’re probably at high MMR and doing well for yourself anyway. You’re not a baby killer at the bottom rung being denied any sort of play.

    Ultimately, I’m not asking for Lightborne to be gutted - just changed. Perhaps with a limit to 1 stun per march or a cool down or maybe even you can use it to save but not to blind etc. I never take a flashlight cause I suck at the timing to blind on console and they’ve got rid of things like burning the wraith/nurse /hag traps so it’ll barely affect me. But as someone above said if the devs are agreeing with killers that things shouldn’t be able to negate a whole category that needs to be consistent on both sides.

    what is the whole category of perks that Lightborn is negating? Because that is not the same. It’s negating an item, one that is brought for the purpose of being toxic. And the idea that you can counter it in pre-lobby is absolutely a joke. Residual manifest x4 and the survivors don’t have to show the killer that they are going to have flashlights. The only people that want Lightborn to be nerfed are the ones that want to play the shittiest possible way. Residual manifest, flashbang, blast mine “LOL I beez da tr0ll … wait … how DARE they run a perk that doesn’t let me show off how c00l I am … NERF IT! NERF IT NOW! I need to look cool on Twitch!”

    Yeahhhhhhhh no.

  • Take of the day: Forced Hesitation is a better Lightborn

    I dont see the point of this discussion.

    Lightborn is a perk for inexperienced killer player. If you can get a flashlight/flashbang save you are not an inexperienced survivor player.

    So if an experienced survivor goes against an experienced killer there will be no lightborn.

    If inexperienced players go against each other no flsahlight save will happen anyway, so that perk is useless.

    It only matters if an experienced survivor plays against an inexperienced killer. And there it avoids an unneccesary advantage and bullying tool.

    And bc some will argue with it:

    • experienced killer can lose hooks against flashlights, but its rare and other perks have so much more value
    • Lightborn can give free hits after pallet blinds, but good survivor learn their lesson quick, so not much value
  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I play on console. I struggle like hell to get a down on Switch. Between input lag and how difficult it is to land a single hit on a survivor, I run Lightborn 100% of the time because any attempt at a blind against me is pretty much 100% guaranteed. Even mid-chase I will lose all visibility before the game registers the fact I looked away immediately.

    If I don't have Lightborn, then I counter blinds by staring at a wall and refusing to play. Because there's no point in participating.

    Nerf Lightborn and watch console killers either stop playing or slug all 4 survivors the moment blinds come into play. If that's other survivors' idea of a fun time, I don't get you all. I much prefer not having killers 4-man slug. I only attempt blinds for challenges because that's exactly what killers start to do if survivors get blinds, and it's not fun. I hate those challenges.

    the switch has the worst gameplay out of everything. I could lose with 1k with a complete meta build on Vecna (my main) because it decided the hit where my knife was inside someone doesn’t count but the pallet 4 feet away will stun me.

  • @SidneysBane1996 said:

    Flashbang has been glitched for over half a year now and it's blinding in ways it should not be with no warning. I've never not once met a multiple flashy squad who WASN'T trying to ruin the Killer's day, they're like sabo wiggle people that way. And I hate, absolutely LOATHE, the terrible perk design of Blast Mine, which punishes Killers for bothering to defend gens at all and helps force use of perks like Grim or Pain Res to ignore the blinding entirely, despite Blast Mine being an objectively crappy perk.

    Why?

    Because I have sensory issues and I cannot stand the blind effect going off every several seconds. And I know I'm not alone in this. I can avoid them just fine but there's no avoiding being in an animation lock and going into a blind, or being caught off guard by someone dropping a flashbang inside your character model which should NEVER. HAPPEN.

    I will continue to use Lightborne as needed. It should never be touched, it's fine. Blinding is an accessibility nightmare for people like me.

    Stop griefing Killer players with sensory concerns and pretending it's just fun troll gameplay. It's not and I'm tired of pretending it is. We ALL know why you and your SWF actually do it.

    I mean clowns gas bothers me along with mending acreen as someone who has bad eye sight even with a screen guard and glasses and plague vomiting affects a friend of mine with eating disorders.

    Tru3talent mention that bill and bubba saw affects him with ( forgot what it called that he has) which makes his ears go ring ring. So its not just killer mains that can suffer sensory things from the game, survivors also have it too and indirectly being griefed by the examples I gave because I do not condone dcing so am force to suffer mend or clown gas sensory effects.

  • As mention many times by me make it has only 4 tokens and then disabled rest of trial or let it only charge after the killer did things like hook survivors or kick/break things.

    One perk should not be countering one of the few defense survivors have for 0 effort the same we hear of distortion countering all aura read for 0 effort.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853245#Comment_3853245

    what is the whole category of perks that Lightborn is negating? Because that is not the same. It’s negating an item, one that is brought for the purpose of being toxic. And the idea that you can counter it in pre-lobby is absolutely a joke. Residual manifest x4 and the survivors don’t have to show the killer that they are going to have flashlights. The only people that want Lightborn to be nerfed are the ones that want to play the shittiest possible way. Residual manifest, flashbang, blast mine “LOL I beez da tr0ll … wait … how DARE they run a perk that doesn’t let me show off how c00l I am … NERF IT! NERF IT NOW! I need to look cool on Twitch!”

    Yeahhhhhhhh no.

    I never mentioned anything about lightborn negating perks.
    I disagree with every other point you made, at least I think so. The one about pre match avoidance and Residual Manifest doesnt even make sense.

  • @AlexXHunter44 said:

    Are you really complaining about an entirely fair perk 😭 I'm dying.

    They've complained about less. They're mass complaining about a hex, which doesn't do anything if you gen rush, as we speak.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/434503/lightborn

    Sure. Just as soon as they unbuff flashlights to require timing/skill again, and give flashbangs actual counterplay.

    Real talk - lightborn is fine. Let's look at the long list of things survivors have that have zero counterplay before we nerf even more counterplay from killers.

    Sorry, we don't do that here.

    sddefault.jpg

    We talk about all the perks that killer has that actually do meaningful stuff, instead of just exist for fun, and talk about how they supposedly need nerfing.

    But getting free flashlight saves from super late timing? Silently flashbanging a killer through a wall or the back of their head? How dare you critique such fair gameplay!

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I play on console. I struggle like hell to get a down on Switch. Between input lag and how difficult it is to land a single hit on a survivor, I run Lightborn 100% of the time because any attempt at a blind against me is pretty much 100% guaranteed. Even mid-chase I will lose all visibility before the game registers the fact I looked away immediately.

    If I don't have Lightborn, then I counter blinds by staring at a wall and refusing to play. Because there's no point in participating.

    Nerf Lightborn and watch console killers either stop playing or slug all 4 survivors the moment blinds come into play. If that's other survivors' idea of a fun time, I don't get you all. I much prefer not having killers 4-man slug. I only attempt blinds for challenges because that's exactly what killers start to do if survivors get blinds, and it's not fun. I hate those challenges.

    Yeah, it's funny how they're always talking about killer stuff being OP because, "We have to think of our casual players!" But when it comes to console-specific issues which break the game for us just based on our platform, "Tough luck! We shouldn't change the game just for you!"

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3852857#Comment_3852857

    They've complained about less. They're mass complaining about a hex, which doesn't do anything if you gen rush, as we speak.

    yeah. It’s not like you ever see that from the other side.

    cough Windows cough

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853317#Comment_3853317

    I mean clowns gas bothers me along with mending acreen as someone who has bad eye sight even with a screen guard and glasses and plague vomiting affects a friend of mine with eating disorders.

    Tru3talent mention that bill and bubba saw affects him with ( forgot what it called that he has) which makes his ears go ring ring. So its not just killer mains that can suffer sensory things from the game, survivors also have it too and indirectly being griefed by the examples I gave because I do not condone dcing so am force to suffer mend or clown gas sensory effects.

    They removed the issue with Clown.

    They 100% haven't with blindness.

  • @justadreampallet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853366#Comment_3853366

    the switch has the worst gameplay out of everything. I could lose with 1k with a complete meta build on Vecna (my main) because it decided the hit where my knife was inside someone doesn’t count but the pallet 4 feet away will stun me.

    I'm having one of those movie moments where tears come to my eyes as I say in surprise and gratitude, "You understand me." lol

    @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853366#Comment_3853366

    Yeah, it's funny how they're always talking about killer stuff being OP because, "We have to think of our casual players!" But when it comes to console-specific issues which break the game for us just based on our platform, "Tough luck! We shouldn't change the game just for you!"

    Exactly. The casualest of the casuals are on console. And we are not a small group.

    That new anti-self-healing Houndmaster perk is miserable in solo queue on Switch. Can't get healed and can't heal myself because those skill checks don't go away like with Merciless Storm. It feels like console is never taken into account, for either role. I'm still upset they removed the QoL button shortcuts that made things so much smoother on console, like clicking the sticks to go prev and next through characters, or the button for accepting an invite. They go backwards in terms of providing console players with a decent experience.

    Lightborn is a minimize-the-frustration-of-already-playing-at-a-huge-disadvantage perk for console. Like Unrelenting, which feels like a requirement for playing killer on Switch, and I have seen a lot of Switch killers run Unrelenting. At this point I'm surprised when they're not running it.

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3854073#Comment_3854073

    yeah. It’s not like you ever see that from the other side.

    cough Windows cough

    The Windows hate is stupid. It doesn't make survivors into better survivors. It lets them plan their route. They only loop as good as they know how to take advantage of that. The killers wanting it nerfed are basically hoping that they'd go against survivors who lack map knowledge, which isn't skill, it's chance. It's matchup RNG. And ironically that's the same thing that makes killer look strong when it's not. You can get countless 4ks as long as the game keeps giving you people who don't know what they're doing.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853895#Comment_3853895

    I'm having one of those movie moments where tears come to my eyes as I say in surprise and gratitude, "You understand me." lol

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3854075#Comment_3854075

    Exactly. The casualest of the casuals are on console. And we are not a small group.

    That new anti-self-healing Houndmaster perk is miserable in solo queue on Switch. Can't get healed and can't heal myself because those skill checks don't go away like with Merciless Storm. It feels like console is never taken into account, for either role. I'm still upset they removed the QoL button shortcuts that made things so much smoother on console, like clicking the sticks to go prev and next through characters, or the button for accepting an invite. They go backwards in terms of providing console players with a decent experience.

    Lightborn is a minimize-the-frustration-of-already-playing-at-a-huge-disadvantage perk for console. Like Unrelenting, which feels like a requirement for playing killer on Switch, and I have seen a lot of Switch killers run Unrelenting. At this point I'm surprised when they're not running it.

    And I don't deny that there's lots of casuals on consoles. Half the people I message like, "Why'd you do that play?" or "Why'd you give up?" are like, "Shut up, bruh! I pleh how I want!" and don't ever have an intelligent conversation bar trash talking. So I understand that aspect, right, but I don't accept people saying that, "Because lots of casuals are on console, we shouldn't care about their players." 1) They only use the "Don't balance around casuals argument" when it suits their narrative, because they usually argue in favor of that. 2) I've seen my fair share of ultra casual PC players as well, especially all these streamers (big and small) who are super toxic and always have some excuse for a loss, usually having to do with the killer.

    But the auto-aim on killer and the non-smoothness of the skill checks as survivor (I have to like jolt my whole arm to consistently hit BNP skill checks) on console makes perks that affect those things way stronger against console players. 360s too. You think players with thousands of hours are still "falling" for this stuff? No, they're getting screwed over by the way the game's operating. Even the perks that help against that stuff are bad. Unrelenting apparently doesn't grant the miss reduction if you hit into an object. It only grants it if you swung at the air. The game's design is just really bad all over.

  • @Mechanix82 said:

    BHVR can you please do something fun with this perk???? Completely countering an item is not a good thing. Why not make it if you flashlight the killer you get exposed for 20 seconds or your exhausted something that is intresting beside oh the brought a perk so your item is no longer able to be used.

    maybe stop using flashlight or flashbangs if you dont like lightborn? XD its rly the only way to not be blinded and youre complaining because you cant bully killer… then you'll be complaining when killers become more toxic because of flashbangs and flashlights

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3854098#Comment_3854098

    And I don't deny that there's lots of casuals on consoles. Half the people I message like, "Why'd you do that play?" or "Why'd you give up?" are like, "Shut up, bruh! I pleh how I want!" and don't ever have an intelligent conversation bar trash talking. So I understand that aspect, right, but I don't accept people saying that, "Because lots of casuals are on console, we shouldn't care about their players." 1) They only use the "Don't balance around casuals argument" when it suits their narrative, because they usually argue in favor of that. 2) I've seen my fair share of ultra casual PC players as well, especially all these streamers (big and small) who are super toxic and always have some excuse for a loss, usually having to do with the killer.

    But the auto-aim on killer and the non-smoothness of the skill checks as survivor (I have to like jolt my whole arm to consistently hit BNP skill checks) on console makes perks that affect those things way stronger against console players. 360s too. You think players with thousands of hours are still "falling" for this stuff? No, they're getting screwed over by the way the game's operating. Even the perks that help against that stuff are bad. Unrelenting apparently doesn't grant the miss reduction if you hit into an object. It only grants it if you swung at the air. The game's design is just really bad all over.

    … ?

    I was agreeing with your first reply to me. I think I agree with everything you say here. I'm on PS4 and Switch. Console performance is miserable and greatly affects my ability to play the game at all. On Switch, I consider half the game (the killer role) pretty much entirely unplayable, but BHVR still charges the full amount so I remain pissed at them for their horrible port.

1 2 ›