Can't take the tunnelers.

Every single event game, slug and tunnel without fail. The first one hooked gets tunneled out. We try to be altruistic and help out but we just lose because of it. This game doesn't reward survivors for working together when there's no incentive for killers not to tunnel. We just need to accept the fact that one person will get to wait 15 minutes for a game to start and spend the next 3 minutes on the ground or on hook. Rinse and repeat. Can there be an incentive of ANY KIND for killers to spread the hooks out? And now slug for the mori. Person 1 tunneled out person 2-3 is on the ground from trying to prevent the tunnel and the last survivor is hiding in a corner waiting for hatch. "Get rid of distortion to prevent hiding" ######### are we supposed to do when 3 are slugged? Try and pick up someone just to get downed ourselves? They wanted killers to get the upperhand and they got it in spades. Survivors are quickly losing reasons to keep playing survivor. No amount of X% bp is going to keep people playing for long. "60 million players" Most of which only come back for events just to get reminded of why they stopped playing in the first place.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it's more of an issue with impact than frequency. The tactic is too powerful when the survivor doesn't have specific perks to counter it. I had a game yesterday where the killer managed to eat 3 DS's. We absolutely would have been 4k'd if we didn't magically have DS.

    My argument has always been that player-choice things like tunneling have to be balanced in a vacuum. It's not guaranteed to happen in a trial, or even most trials, so it can't be powerful enough to completely swing a game if someone doesn't counterpick for it. The solution to a mechanic can't be to time travel back to the lobby to select the correct perk.

    There's a weak link aspect to it as well. I get that. But I think a lot of killers want to have their cake and eat it too here. Why should the other 3 survivors be disproportionately punished for the performance of 1 in a game mode that doesn't really promote meaningful teamwork or communication? Do we want survivors to coordinate or not? Why should the entire solo queue team lose a game because one player they've never interacted with didn't bring DS or OTR? I would wager a lot of killers in this thread want the entire team to lose based on the actions of 1, and they also think SWF is a problem. I have a hard time twisting my brain into that kind of pretzel.

    Swf is definitely a problem, a well coordinated team that knows what perks each are bringing, knows how to compliment eachothers build and communicate makes it very difficult for any killer to go against. Unfortunately the game seems balanced around swf so soloq get the brunt of it with going against killers capable of tactics usually used on a seal squad of 4 swf. Can't buff survivors as those survivors when then steamroll killers in swf. Cant nerf killers because again swf would steamroll killers. The only thing I can think that might work is having 2 separate modes. Solo and swf. Swf mode killers get buffed to deal with it. Soloq killers get nerfed. Or something to that effect. But until that happens I'm afraid killers should prepare for swf and play accordingly.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828717#Comment_3828717

    Baseline Second chance meta (DS, Unbreakable) is what it's going to take to stop it. Second Chance meta was the sole reason killers didn't tunnel for the most part or lost the game due to tunneling.

    I don't care if you are "punished for doing well" maybe you need to slow down to allow the game to flow a bit more nicely, go kick some gens or eat the stun.

    Such a no brainer move rn it's annoying. Yes these perks should be baseline as they were the backbone of this game for the longest time and it will just free up peoples perks to get new builds and have more fun.

    The thing is, that everyone is basically living in their own reality of the game: you, who feels that the game is way too killer sided and getting tunneled is uncounterable is just as true, as my experience, where survivors play it all nearly perfectly and the moment I even commit a single mistake in a chase, the game is basically over and I could roll on my back and admit defeat.

    BHVR is trying to balance all experience levels and different commitment ranges with one set of rules, and this is a flawed approach, in my opinion. We have tried all kind of different balancing acts over the years, and every change in one way has caused a plethora of uproars in one part of the community or another, who felt it was a sorely unfair change.

    BHVR should make MMR transparent and visible for all and then slap different modifiers to different MMR ranges, so that everyone knows whats in them for it. This way we could maybe get all this balancing issues done without half of the community feeling it anwarrented.

  • Tunneling, or running back to hook, definitely have a strategic advantage in DBD. Though I would argue the best time for it is in endgame or near it, when you need the extra map pressure or to get everyone to death hook or one out. Sitting in front of some poor soul who had the grave misfortune of getting hooked first at five gens runs the risk that other survivors will just be doing those gens while you watch them hang there. Because, in the end, that's really the only way to punish a hook sitter. Taking away their map pressure by doing gens.

    A true back to hook Harry will severely punish you for doing an unhook, more than likely they will just down you and continue to run after "their prize."

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3829346#Comment_3829346

    The thing is, that everyone is basically living in their own reality of the game: you, who feels that the game is way too killer sided and getting tunneled is uncounterable is just as true, as my experience, where survivors play it all nearly perfectly and the moment I even commit a single mistake in a chase, the game is basically over and I could roll on my back and admit defeat.

    BHVR is trying to balance all experience levels and different commitment ranges with one set of rules, and this is a flawed approach, in my opinion. We have tried all kind of different balancing acts over the years, and every change in one way has caused a plethora of uproars in one part of the community or another, who felt it was a sorely unfair change.

    BHVR should make MMR transparent and visible for all and then slap different modifiers to different MMR ranges, so that everyone knows whats in them for it. This way we could maybe get all this balancing issues done without half of the community feeling it anwarrented.

    I'm not saying that side also isn't true, I think killers should have anti momentum also to make their new player/casual experience better too

  • Face camping and generator sieges are well-prepared for in-game systems. Why not try to counter tunneling with player skills and perks?

  • @Triplehoo said:

    As I have began to play more and more killer, I have seen survivors do things that had me go "Seriously?!? What are you doing?! Don't do that!". Like after I've hooked a survivor, I haven't gone away more than probably 5 meters, when someone unhooks them. You can wait for longer before unhooking. Wait at least till you don't hear the terror radius anymore before you go unhook.

    As a killer, who actively tries to avoid tunneling, it just baffles me how so many survivors just throw themselves in front of me. They start to run immediately when they hear my terror without knowing where I am. And many times I have been accused of tunneling… Usually by SWF's who wear the same character and skins. Since us Killer players do not see individual hookstates on survivors, accidental and unintentional tunneling does happen from time to time. Are there players who start to tunnel intentionally right in the beginning? Yes, there are, but I can safely say that those players aren't majority.

    But the fact is, if you try to play nice and fair as a killer, it usually means you're in a disadvantage from the beginning and there is a 75% chance that you will not get any kills during that game. Especially if you're going against well coordinated team or players who know what they're doing.

    My killer matches are highly bullied ones or survivors doing dumb things there is no in between. With the amount of terrible bully matches I get I can highly understand the way most killers play. If you're constantly going up against squads or just a hole survivors you're going to play for blood. It's player toxicity and it's on both sides.

    My survivor matches I'm tunneled but I do get the ones that don't chase. I semi decent at looping but my teammates are doing NOTHING. Match loss is a mixture of survivors and killers.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Maybe y'all just need to get good against slugging and tunneling. It's not easy for killers to simply execute those strategies. Everything has to go right for them for it to work. There's plenty a survivor team who could not care less about facing that. So you can learn to overcome it too. Your altruism matters way less in those scenarios. If the killer is tunneling, you can just rush gens, hook trade at the last possible second each hook stage, and 2-3 of y'all will probably still get out, as opposed to none. With slugging, as soon as you notice the killer's going for it, y'all can quickly move to heal each other, faster than the killer can actually down you, if you're giving decent chases. See, you can't just hope that the killers play nice for y'all, or that the devs nerf them. You have to improve as well which, reading the tone of most of the posts on here, most survivors don't consider.

    And that's the smartest thing you've said, or could suggest: the killer needs reasons to spread hooks, or they won't. Killers are encouraged, not by the devs but by the game they've designed, to go for as many kills as possible with the least amount of hooks. It's why you see less and less killers with 10 hooks and 2 kills, and more killers with 2 hooks and 2 kills. Not only is it becoming impossible for killers to get large amounts of hooks before match end, they're beginning to accept that they'll be getting a loss or a draw at best, and simply play for the draw through camping and tunneling. Or a crazy all-out slug for the 4k, which doesn't work most of the time.

    We came after Distortion because it was the #1 perk that encouraged selfish/immersed survivor gameplay. If the killer is alternating hooks to get 2 players out ASAP, who's he gonna see every time with BBQ? The 1-2 people who didn't bring Distortion. A lot of those people running Distortion would just use it to out-hide their dying team, and get hatch basically guaranteed. Even without those scenarios, it reinforced the idea that killer shouldn't get any info, which is the dumbest take this community's recently clung to. Whatever aura perks the killer brought, Distortion countered it. When Ultimate Weapon countered it, because it was screams and not aura, they nerfed it and made it aura instead. And in general, killer is really starved for very basic info that other games would give them as a matter of course. Killers basically can't hear survivors' footsteps, breathing, or injured sounds, and can rarely rely on scratch marks being accurate. So anytime they're tracking/chasing a survivor and don't have direct sight of them, they have to pray and guess where they're even going.

    Killers don't, and have never had, the upper hand. That's survivors. The math of the game when all players are playing at least semi-optimal says that survivors virtually win 10/10 times. There's just no way the killer can end chases quick enough, or stop gens for long enough (we've long since abandoned that pipe dream), to beat the survivors before they're out. So I hear a lot of "There's no reason for survivors to play" all the time. My advice is for those people is to follow their own advice. If you don't like the game, just quit. Now, we don't like how the game is either, but we've got experience and vision for better game to back that up. Most people don't, and would instead demand that the game be tailored around their skill level (very low), with no intention on struggling til improvement like the rest of us have. That's not fair. And the sad thing is the devs do cater to those people.

    It's my belief that the game will not and cannot improve until the devs realize they've got to drop those players. Stop caring about them, because almost all of them either play the game for 2 hours a week, or play at such a casual level that their gameplay is not dissimilar to a 5 year old playing it (not doing their objective, running into walls). Either way, there's a reason no other online game caters to those players. It robs the players who know what they're doing of a fun and balanced experience. If a player really cares, and decides to get good at the game, you balance around high level play, so that as they're improving they will reap the benefits of a balanced game. What's been happening until just recently is that the devs have (intentionally?) hid the bad balance of the game behind mismatches, through a bogus MMR system. Killers and survivors were constantly complaining of sweats they couldn't beat, especially the survivors since their solo teammates never improved no matter how much they won. Killers never got easier matches no matter how much they lost. They've just now tweaked the MMR, almost to what it was at launch (near perfect) , so that you're getting survivors and killers of you're own level. It's my hope that when they see that survivors just keep beating killers no matter what, they'll buff killers, and hopefully not leave solo behind either. SWF definitely needs a debuff or something, because you cannot balance for them and solo at the same time. SWF, and MMR giving mismatches, are the 2 things killing the game for us all, and in fact are tricking us into thinking things about the game's balance which aren't true.

    “Maybe y'all just need to get good against slugging and tunneling.”

    Lol

  • @Triplehoo said:

    As I have began to play more and more killer, I have seen survivors do things that had me go "Seriously?!? What are you doing?! Don't do that!". Like after I've hooked a survivor, I haven't gone away more than probably 5 meters, when someone unhooks them. You can wait for longer before unhooking. Wait at least till you don't hear the terror radius anymore before you go unhook.

    As a killer, who actively tries to avoid tunneling, it just baffles me how so many survivors just throw themselves in front of me. They start to run immediately when they hear my terror without knowing where I am. And many times I have been accused of tunneling… Usually by SWF's who wear the same character and skins. Since us Killer players do not see individual hookstates on survivors, accidental and unintentional tunneling does happen from time to time. Are there players who start to tunnel intentionally right in the beginning? Yes, there are, but I can safely say that those players aren't majority.

    But the fact is, if you try to play nice and fair as a killer, it usually means you're in a disadvantage from the beginning and there is a 75% chance that you will not get any kills during that game. Especially if you're going against well coordinated team or players who know what they're doing.

    You're correct. Something that would help against unintentional tunneling would be letting the killer see individual hook states. But apparently people don't want that, because it would "encourage tunneling" even though people would tunnel anyway. All hiding the hook states does is punish the players who aren't tunneling, and forces the players using the most mental energy to have another thing to worry about.

    And in a game that forces you to tunnel, because the math of the game says the killer doesn't have adequate time 10/10 times, it's a mechanic that arbitrarily impedes the smartest, most efficient, strategy-using players. If you're playing CoD, right, and you're playing team death match, first team to 100 kills win, would you just hide the scoreboard so that players can't look and see how much effort they need to put in to still have a chance to win in time? Because that's basically what this is.

  • If you're worried about a teammate or yourself being tunneled or slugged, start using Off the Record, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Babysitter, Camaraderie, Reassurance, Kindred, Bloodrush + sprintburst, Shoulder the Burden, etc for hooks. Start bringing unbreakable, Boon - Exponential, Soul Guard, Tenacity, Flip-Flop, We're Going to Live Forever, Power Struggle, For the People, etc for slugging.

    Tunneling and slugging are valid strats, even if they are toxic. Better to adapt and play around preventing it happening, or benefiting from it as long as possible.

  • Why is it ok for survivors to do their objective but when killers do theirs suddenly the "community" makes up a bunch of rules and fun suddenly becomes a factor? Suddenly playing the objective becomes "toxic".

    What do you call this phenomenon? Other than massive hypocrisy, that is.

  • Can you post some of the games in full then we can give feedback on stuff you can improve on

  • Deal with it. All not tunneling gets you is a fat 3 gens done with all the handholding and second chances survivors run every game. Perhaps we need to practice a bit of positive reinforcement and give killers a reason NOT to tunnel. Punishing ain't it. Nor is whining about it.

  • @frozzenk said:

    Why is it ok for survivors to do their objective but when killers do theirs suddenly the "community" makes up a bunch of rules and fun suddenly becomes a factor? Suddenly playing the objective becomes "toxic".

    What do you call this phenomenon? Other than massive hypocrisy, that is.

    Shouldn't fun be the reason people play the game?

  • Tunneling isn't toxic. It's a legitimate and valid playstyle. It's no different that committing to a generator in the killers face.

  • Were you obtuse on purpose? The question is why is everything ok and nothing matters when it comes to survivors doing their objective, but when it comes to killers doing theirs, suddenly a bunch of factors show up.

    Hopefully you understood the point now, though I suspect you understood it the first time and just pretended not to.

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853439#Comment_3853439

    Were you obtuse on purpose? The question is why is everything ok and nothing matters when it comes to survivors doing their objective, but when it comes to killers doing theirs, suddenly a bunch of factors show up.

    Hopefully you understood the point now, though I suspect you understood it the first time and just pretended not to.

    I don't think people are focused only on killers when talking about fun. The question was meant to illicit a response about why fun was or wasn't being focused on from the survivor side vs the killer side.

    There are just fewer things survivors can do to most killers that will ruin the killer's match. I used to think differently since I'd come across bully squads and get annoyed by them, but usually now if I get a bully squad it just means I get a 4k since they're often predictable and not focusing on gens enough.

    All that survivors really have left that can make my game worse is to try to get under my skin by teabagging, which also doesn't really work anymore. In contrast, the killer can easily ruin the game for a survivor by tunneling and proxy camping, literally forcing them to be unable to do anything but get chased and eliminated. As a result, I think people do think about fun for both sides, but the killer is generally the only person able to severely deny the fun of other players. That's why I made the question that way; I thought there was a bit of nuance in the reasoning behind what people are saying about killer vs survivor actions.

  • Please, stop being disingenuous repeatedly. Survivors do a lot more policing on killers doing their objective than the other way around. You know this, I don't understand why do you act as if you didn't. You see a killer here and there complaining about gen rushing every once in a while, but compare that to how often you see someone complaining about tunelling or slugging or whathave you. Case in point, what thread are we at right now? Survivors can do a lot to "ruin" a killer's game. Bully squads would never have existed otherwise.

    The nuance here is this: Hypocrisy. Survivors are fine doing their objective, killers be damned. But if killers do theirs, suddenly the argument of "think of the other side's fun!" shows up. If you don't think this constitutes hypocrisy, I would suggest a dictionary.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828972#Comment_3828972

    That's what I've noticed with experienced killer leaning players vs experienced survivor leaning players. They to completely separate conclusions of what went wrong with a survivor match. The killers usually say more objective, survivor accountability-based stuff like, "They just weren't efficient on gens. They were too altruistic." Etc. But then you hear the survivors all say the same thing: "It was the unfair killer/build we were facing. That's OP!" Never a mention of their own decisions during the match. Not one.

    Survivors will ask for the most ridiculous BS with their buffs, like "We should be on hook 10 more seconds, because gens take 10 more seconds!", they actually get the buff, and we think "Surely they won't be able to lose now, because they have such an advantage at base." And then they just don't use the buff to their advantage. Like you said, rather than waiting til second 69 to get the person off hook, they do it immediately even after the killer's been seen going back to hook. It's survivor buff appeasement, except they don't even use the buffs, and then ask for more.

    And then they cry "The killer tunneled me out!" just because they're the first to did. I die first all the time, sometimes from pushing gens while death hook and injured. Want to know why? Because I'm the only threat on the whole team, and am quite good at looping but not enough to where I simply can't get downed. So the killer goes on a big long chase, which should be game-losing, without any fear that the remaining gens will be done. My teammates will simply heal up, and when I'm dead, then they'll start working on the remaining 2-3 gens. But not before then, oh no!

    And who is playing that badly? Mostly noobs. But also, the survivor leaning, multi-thousand hour players. They can have that much play time, and their gameplay and thoughts on balance are basically similar to a complete noob's. The survivor gameplay loop is so simple compared to killer's yet they think that just because they've played a lot, that makes them good at the game. They're not. They go down to Pig every 30 seconds, they complain about Ghost Face, and they say killers having aura perks is unfair. So I don't know how you get that many hours in a game and you're that clueless, but these guys have managed it, and they always happen to lean survivor.

    It's not like adding 10 more seconds per hook state was crazy. I had actually suggested something like that in a whole post full of changes dbd needed. All that bit of extra time does is hurt the camping/proxy camping strategy a bit more. I think it's well deserved.

  • @YamamuraVideoRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3852544#Comment_3852544

    It's not like adding 10 more seconds per hook state was crazy. I had actually suggested something like that in a whole post full of changes dbd needed. All that bit of extra time does is hurt the camping/proxy camping strategy a bit more. I think it's well deserved.

    It's not just that. The game is accumulating reason on top of reason for killers to stop hooking. I stopped playing survivor because of it. Any single reason alone might not be enough, but when you add everything up, hooking is just a bad idea for killers. When you just keep mindlessly nerfing and hurting hooks over and over and over and over then people tend to turn to other things like slugging.

  • @frozzenk

    Since you didn't quote me in your response, I won't quote you here so you won't get a ping. But I'm really not being disingenuous. I very much believe that survivors can't do much to ruin a game when I'm the killer. The worst they can do to me is escape, so they're almost completely unable to prevent me from playing the game as I expect to. They do gens, I chase them and put them on hooks. The outcome depends on how long it takes me to find and hook survivors vs how long it takes them to do gens.

    Bully squads are usually easy games. If they're doing non-stop attempts at flashy saves, flashbangs, get head-ons repeatedly, I'll just start slugging and stop caring if they get tunneled. If they want me to be unable to play the game, they can get the same treatment they give. But bully squads tend to be rather awful at escaping since they spend their time trying to harass the killer instead of doing gens. It's usually a slugfest. So generally, I don't think bully squads are a real threat to my ability to play the game. If I recall correctly, a bully squad got two out on me a while ago, and I was kind of impressed.

    In contrast, I think survivors have a reason to complain about killer behaviors. If a killer wants a particular survivor out of the game, that survivor will have almost no chance of getting out without the help of most of their team. Tunneling ruins the match for the targeted survivor, and I'm really surprised there aren't harder restrictions on that behavior. I think it makes sense that we see these complaints :)

  • @smurf said:

    @frozzenk

    Since you didn't quote me in your response, I won't quote you here so you won't get a ping. But I'm really not being disingenuous. I very much believe that survivors can't do much to ruin a game when I'm the killer. The worst they can do to me is escape, so they're almost completely unable to prevent me from playing the game as I expect to. They do gens, I chase them and put them on hooks. The outcome depends on how long it takes me to find and hook survivors vs how long it takes them to do gens.

    Bully squads are usually easy games. If they're doing non-stop attempts at flashy saves, flashbangs, get head-ons repeatedly, I'll just start slugging and stop caring if they get tunneled. If they want me to be unable to play the game, they can get the same treatment they give. But bully squads tend to be rather awful at escaping since they spend their time trying to harass the killer instead of doing gens. It's usually a slugfest. So generally, I don't think bully squads are a real threat to my ability to play the game. If I recall correctly, a bully squad got two out on me a while ago, and I was kind of impressed.

    In contrast, I think survivors have a reason to complain about killer behaviors. If a killer wants a particular survivor out of the game, that survivor will have almost no chance of getting out without the help of most of their team. Tunneling ruins the match for the targeted survivor, and I'm really surprised there aren't harder restrictions on that behavior. I think it makes sense that we see these complaints :)

    It makes sense because people are hypocrites. I already said this 3 times. Survivors are fine doing their objective, regardless of what the killer may think. They are not fine with the same thing from the other side. At this point I think there might be some language issue here if you cannot comprehend the hypocrisy. It is pretty damn clear. Or maybe you do… you're not very genuine so I guess it's possible you do but you just ignore and/or pretend you don't see it. Otherwise it makes no sense to actually move your fingers on your keyboard to… defend hypocrisy. What sort of person does that?

    Also, if bully squads are "awful at escaping" that says something about the level you play at more than it says something about bully squads as a general thing. Regardless, the quality of the player doesn't matter. We are having a discussion exclusively about mentality.

    Also what's with the extremely petty reply thing? I didn't click reply that one particular time cuz yours was the latest post in the thread and I was in a hurry. Some people really take the small nothings and turn into some petty hit back lol. I didn't think it would be a big deal but apparently it was. Some people…

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853601#Comment_3853601

    It makes sense because people are hypocrites. I already said this 3 times. Survivors are fine doing their objective, regardless of what the killer may think. They are not fine with the same thing from the other side. At this point I think there might be some language issue here if you cannot comprehend the hypocrisy. It is pretty damn clear. Or maybe you do… you're not very genuine so I guess it's possible you do but you just ignore and/or pretend you don't see it. Otherwise it makes no sense to actually move your fingers on your keyboard to… defend hypocrisy. What sort of person does that?

    Also, if bully squads are "awful at escaping" that says something about the level you play at more than it says something about bully squads as a general thing. Regardless, the quality of the player doesn't matter. We are having a discussion exclusively about mentality.

    Also what's with the extremely petty reply thing? I didn't click reply that one particular time cuz yours was the latest post in the thread and I was in a hurry. Some people really take the small nothings and turn into some petty hit back lol. I didn't think it would be a big deal but apparently it was. Some people…

    Well, it's clear we disagree about this :)

    I was trying to be polite when I didn't quote you in that last response. Someone else got annoyed at me once when I kept replying to their comments that quoted me, so I tried to consider whether that was what you wanted :D

    In any case, I promise I'm quite genuine in spite of what my people are known for. (That last sentence was is of course meant to be a bit playful :)

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853439#Comment_3853439

    Were you obtuse on purpose? The question is why is everything ok and nothing matters when it comes to survivors doing their objective, but when it comes to killers doing theirs, suddenly a bunch of factors show up.

    Hopefully you understood the point now, though I suspect you understood it the first time and just pretended not to.

    "Killers control the pace of the game"

    That is why. This game is, be definition, killer sided. Killers control the game and are expected to get a 60% kill rate.

    How are survivors supposed to run anti tunnel perks plus perks to counter whatever the current meta is or may be? We have to prepare for tunneling and slugging while also dealing with pop/pain res/grim, or now a full hex build. You going to drop a suggestion that survivors get 8 perk slots? No, I didn't think so.

    Killers get the play style of tunneling and slugging as well as their perks. Survivors do not get that option, we get perks. The end.

  • @upsideinsanity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853444#Comment_3853444

    "Killers control the pace of the game"

    That is why. This game is, be definition, killer sided. Killers control the game and are expected to get a 60% kill rate.

    How are survivors supposed to run anti tunnel perks plus perks to counter whatever the current meta is or may be? We have to prepare for tunneling and slugging while also dealing with pop/pain res/grim, or now a full hex build. You going to drop a suggestion that survivors get 8 perk slots? No, I didn't think so.

    Killers get the play style of tunneling and slugging as well as their perks. Survivors do not get that option, we get perks. The end.

    Survivors get loops and pallets not just perks. If survivors looped better they wouldnt be caught to be tunneled or slugged. They also have a team... It just so happens teams are awful in soloq. But if the team worked together like swf players do and set perks that compliment eachother (4x4 perks is 16 different perks a killer needs to deal with) then survivors can put up a good fight against a killer.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853607#Comment_3853607

    Well, it's clear we disagree about this :)

    I was trying to be polite when I didn't quote you in that last response. Someone else got annoyed at me once when I kept replying to their comments that quoted me, so I tried to consider whether that was what you wanted :D

    In any case, I promise I'm quite genuine in spite of what my people are known for. (That last sentence was is of course meant to be a bit playful :)

    Disagreeing about it means that you think survivors should do their objectives without any checks while killers should have to follow several arbitrary rules when completing theirs.

    That is, by definition (if you are going to be upset by what I'm about to say, please be upset at the English language, not at me) entitlement. I have heard the sentence "entitled survivors" before but I have to say, I don't actually see it for myself very often. But here it is.

    And as for my personal opinion, it is this: Survivors should do their objectives. Killers should do theirs. No crying about anything that is done for the purpose of fulfilling the objective, unless it's some cheat/hack in which case hopefully the person gets hardware IP banned and never comes back. And if the survivors are better they'll win. If the killer is better he'll win. Match over. Go next.

    And the reason I specified "things that are done for the purpose of fulfilling the objective" is because there are things people do that have no actual purpose and are just to be a jerk. Like letting the last survivor bleed out instead of hooking/mori'ing for no reason. Waiting for the killer to see you teabagging at the gate on the way out. So on. These things fulfill no purpose, they are just people being toxic.

  • In order to stop tunneling we have realize why Killers do it (from a gameplay perspective and not the mindset perspective)

    For one thing they might believe that the Gens are being done faster then usual... so they decide to focus on one Survivor

    Maybe they get 1 or 2 chases done (Survivor is hooked) then realize that 3-5 Gens are done so why waste time in chasing another Survivor

    Maybe they have a harder time finding Survivors in the first place…

    Yes Tunneling is a thing in the game but spending time finding and hooking all 4 Survivors once before even thinking of getting one Survivor into 2nd stage seems to be a lost art... but I digress

  • Ill tell you guys. Survivors are making our playstyle toxic. You ask us why we slug you and let you bleed out while we look at you ? Because you open exit gate and expect me to run across the entire map to waste time. If a survivor is trying to bully me with a flashlight she/he is going down and out from the game in about 2minute tunneling. You sit there when you manage to survive teabagging at the gate talking crap in the post match.. okay, lets see how fun it is next time when i decimate the entire team and then carry you to some bright light where i can slowly watch you die.

    If survivors had an ounce of respect when they are sucessful perhaps then. We wouldnt do this.

    As a side note. If you managed to be tunneled its a skill issue. You are probably the weak link and by getting you out the pace of everything slows down and sometimes more often than not you are running right into my knife so what should i do? Sometimes Survivors ask me when i camp the last hook when its 1 on hook 1 on death hook. Im like, Should i run to the other side of the map and let you unhook and go pick up your belonings you lost from my perk and then let you sit and start a gen before i engage again?

    What do you expect ? A killers mission is to kill so that is what we do.

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853614#Comment_3853614

    Disagreeing about it means that you think survivors should do their objectives without any checks while killers should have to follow several arbitrary rules when completing theirs.

    That is, by definition (if you are going to be upset by what I'm about to say, please be upset at the English language, not at me) entitlement. I have heard the sentence "entitled survivors" before but I have to say, I don't actually see it for myself very often. But here it is.

    And as for my personal opinion, it is this: Survivors should do their objectives. Killers should do theirs. No crying about anything that is done for the purpose of fulfilling the objective, unless it's some cheat/hack in which case hopefully the person gets hardware IP banned and never comes back. And if the survivors are better they'll win. If the killer is better he'll win. Match over. Go next.

    And the reason I specified "things that are done for the purpose of fulfilling the objective" is because there are things people do that have no actual purpose and are just to be a jerk. Like letting the last survivor bleed out instead of hooking/mori'ing for no reason. Waiting for the killer to see you teabagging at the gate on the way out. So on. These things fulfill no purpose, they are just people being toxic.

    I didn't say any player shouldn't do their objective or follow 'arbitrary rules' :)

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828684#Comment_3828684

    The answer to bm and toxic playstyles isn't "get better."

    Beyond that, if a killer wants you out of the match bad enough, they're taking you out unless you're incredible at looping. There is a question of whether they feel like getting just a 1k if you're very good at looping, but that doesn't stop the problem if the killer just feels like it.

    And if you're a weak enough link on a team, there are killers who feel it's alright to make the match awful for you by selecting you for elimination immediately. Then once your match has been ruined, the whole remaining team has a 3v1 because the killer thought it was alright to do that.

    The real solutions to this are implementation of anti-tunnel mechanics, incentives for not tunneling, and changing the community culture.

    The only incentive for killers to not tunnel is to undo what survivor mains did to themselves. Generator regression. It basically no longer exists and so long as that remains the case enjoy your tunneling because it will not change. You guys complained about gen regression to the point where it’s not even a viable thing for the killer to do anymore. So since that thing is no longer available, the only other thing to do is chase down and kill survivors as quickly as possible to prevent the generators from being done so quickly. Until you get it through your thick skull’s that you did this to yourselves and changes are implemented to make generator regression viable again, you’re going to continue to spend your matches on the floor or being tunneled. That much I can promise you.

    now, of course, tunneling and slugging will not completely disappear if we get generator regression back, but it will definitely decrease by a significant amount. Because there are plenty of killers that were not tunneling prior to gen regression being nerfed into non existence. I definitely did not see tunneling as often before the era of no gen regression.

  • @UknownShredder said:

    Ill tell you guys. Survivors are making our playstyle toxic. You ask us why we slug you and let you bleed out while we look at you ? Because you open exit gate and expect me to run across the entire map to waste time. If a survivor is trying to bully me with a flashlight she/he is going down and out from the game in about 2minute tunneling. You sit there when you manage to survive teabagging at the gate talking crap in the post match.. okay, lets see how fun it is next time when i decimate the entire team and then carry you to some bright light where i can slowly watch you die.

    If survivors had an ounce of respect when they are sucessful perhaps then. We wouldnt do this.

    As a side note. If you managed to be tunneled its a skill issue. You are probably the weak link and by getting you out the pace of everything slows down and sometimes more often than not you are running right into my knife so what should i do? Sometimes Survivors ask me when i camp the last hook when its 1 on hook 1 on death hook. Im like, Should i run to the other side of the map and let you unhook and go pick up your belonings you lost from my perk and then let you sit and start a gen before i engage again?

    What do you expect ? A killers mission is to kill so that is what we do.

    I suspect this hostility you see from survivors may be something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I almost never see a survivor teabag at the gate anymore as killer, and I know the only way I'll do it myself is if the killer has been playing in a way that prevents another player from enjoying the match (e.g. tunneling, camping, slugging just to bleed out, slug for 4k, doing that W+D thing).

    If you were to tunnel and camp less, you might see less bm directed back at you by the survivors in your matches.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828705#Comment_3828705

    The only incentive for killers to not tunnel is to undo what survivor mains did to themselves. Generator regression. It basically no longer exists and so long as that remains the case enjoy your tunneling because it will not change. You guys complained about gen regression to the point where it’s not even a viable thing for the killer to do anymore. So since that thing is no longer available, the only other thing to do is chase down and kill survivors as quickly as possible to prevent the generators from being done so quickly. Until you get it through your thick skull’s that you did this to yourselves and changes are implemented to make generator regression viable again, you’re going to continue to spend your matches on the floor or being tunneled. That much I can promise you.

    now, of course, tunneling and slugging will not completely disappear if we get generator regression back, but it will definitely decrease by a significant amount. Because there are plenty of killers that were not tunneling prior to gen regression being nerfed into non existence. I definitely did not see tunneling as often before the era of no gen regression.

    Please do not say that I or others have thick skulls and can't understand things or accuse me of being a survivor main.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853900#Comment_3853900

    Please do not say that I or others have thick skulls and can't understand things or accuse me of being a survivor main.

    I wasn’t accusing you of being a survivor main. And my post was more in general as almost everyone of these threads that complain about tunneling all of the survivor mains come and say it’s not because of gen regression … so that is in fact, the survivors having thick skulls. But yeah, I was being in general not directly you

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853439#Comment_3853439

    Were you obtuse on purpose? The question is why is everything ok and nothing matters when it comes to survivors doing their objective, but when it comes to killers doing theirs, suddenly a bunch of factors show up.

    Hopefully you understood the point now, though I suspect you understood it the first time and just pretended not to.

    They're not remotely the same objectives. Unless you often find yourself queuing up as a generator and getting eliminated within the first few minutes.

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853692#Comment_3853692

    Survivors get loops and pallets not just perks. If survivors looped better they wouldnt be caught to be tunneled or slugged. They also have a team... It just so happens teams are awful in soloq. But if the team worked together like swf players do and set perks that compliment eachother (4x4 perks is 16 different perks a killer needs to deal with) then survivors can put up a good fight against a killer.

    If survivors looped better they wouldnt be caught to be tunneled or slugged.

    For that, they need:

    1- A killer that does not get a hit on every tile

    2- A good amount of resources

    The current DBD doesn't provide that. With the way things are, and depending on the killer, you cannot expect chases to last for a very long amount of time.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853726#Comment_3853726

    If survivors looped better they wouldnt be caught to be tunneled or slugged.

    For that, they need:

    1- A killer that does not get a hit on every tile

    2- A good amount of resources

    The current DBD doesn't provide that. With the way things are, and depending on the killer, you cannot expect chases to last for a very long amount of time.

    It's not that difficult to buy enough time for teammates to do gens. Survivors have lots of vault locations, pallets and loops especially on large outdoor maps like autohaven. Many killers have anti loop mechanics like executioner, but his attack can easily be avoided by simply moving to the side if the survivor pays attention to where he's aiming. Chases are not supposed to last a very long time because gens fly so fast if chases lasted that long then all gens would be done by the time killer gets 2 downs. So the aim is last long enough for gens to be completed.

  • I mean honestly now. Sometimes you run into some really elite Survivor team and they can toy with you, You are lucky to get a hit in with a lot of killers and gens are popping and you can only dream about tunneling one of them because they will bring you to the most horrific loops in which where you spend time you going to lose the game since other sitting on gens.

    So this is a skill issue. The reason you get tunneled is because…

    A you are bad at looping
    B You are running into the killers face
    C Your teammates does not protect you if A and B is abcent.

    Further id like to add that i also dont really want to tunnel you out and i usually dont. When i relax and play casually because i want to get some nice kills in on ghostface and i do not 4k the entire team but perhaps let them win although i could have killed them 4-0 in the first 5min. You get to the lobby and you get these rude players that you would have murked if you even tried 50% sitting there talking crap about you and your gameplay when you are doing quests and so on.

    When you get those kind of lobbies it does not exactly promote the idea to play nice the next game. Because the next game when everyone is hanging on a hook while i waiting for the beleeding bastard to get mourid the silence is deafening in the chat.

    Conclusion. If you waiting at other side of exit game and waste 2 min i will slug ya all in the next game and wait for 5min.
    If you talk crap in the lobby other than a thank you for comprehending my mercy i will slug you in the next game and wait for 5min.
    If you run a 4man discord bully squad i will kill you and also punish the next team i meet by slugging them for 5min.

    You see, the power is in the hands of the killer so be nice.

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853925#Comment_3853925

    It's not that difficult to buy enough time for teammates to do gens. Survivors have lots of vault locations, pallets and loops especially on large outdoor maps like autohaven. Many killers have anti loop mechanics like executioner, but his attack can easily be avoided by simply moving to the side if the survivor pays attention to where he's aiming. Chases are not supposed to last a very long time because gens fly so fast if chases lasted that long then all gens would be done by the time killer gets 2 downs. So the aim is last long enough for gens to be completed.

    I think it depends on who are you playing against and where you are.

    Pretty much all of Coldwind Farm and Haddonfield are death sentences, even against the weaker side of the killer roster.

    Greenville Square has a lot of pallets, but most of them are weak and unsafe. Against a killer that is extremely oppressive in chase, such as Xeno or Artist, they aren't going to do much.

    I feel like maps used to be more consistent and overall had better layouts. And we don't need to go extremely far back with maps that strongly favored the survivor side. We can think of the original map adjustments from patch 3.7.0

    Those layouts were balanced, and they were way better than the maps we have today.

  • @UknownShredder said:

    I mean honestly now. Sometimes you run into some really elite Survivor team and they can toy with you, You are lucky to get a hit in with a lot of killers and gens are popping and you can only dream about tunneling one of them because they will bring you to the most horrific loops in which where you spend time you going to lose the game since other sitting on gens.

    So this is a skill issue. The reason you get tunneled is because…

    A you are bad at looping
    B You are running into the killers face
    C Your teammates does not protect you if A and B is abcent.

    Further id like to add that i also dont really want to tunnel you out and i usually dont. When i relax and play casually because i want to get some nice kills in on ghostface and i do not 4k the entire team but perhaps let them win although i could have killed them 4-0 in the first 5min. You get to the lobby and you get these rude players that you would have murked if you even tried 50% sitting there talking crap about you and your gameplay when you are doing quests and so on.

    When you get those kind of lobbies it does not exactly promote the idea to play nice the next game. Because the next game when everyone is hanging on a hook while i waiting for the beleeding bastard to get mourid the silence is deafening in the chat.

    Conclusion. If you waiting at other side of exit game and waste 2 min i will slug ya all in the next game and wait for 5min.
    If you talk crap in the lobby other than a thank you for comprehending my mercy i will slug you in the next game and wait for 5min.
    If you run a 4man discord bully squad i will kill you and also punish the next team i meet by slugging them for 5min.

    You see, the power is in the hands of the killer so be nice.

    I'm not sure we should be taking out hostility on people who had nothing to do with invoking it.

  • @Aceislife said:

    Just use Off The Record and Decisive…

    But they cry nerf ds when it was 5 seconds and theres been a few nerf otr topics even, when they are used . Just an endless merry go around with killers.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853783#Comment_3853783

    I didn't say any player shouldn't do their objective or follow 'arbitrary rules' :)

    You disagree that survivors wanting to do their objective but being upset when killers do theirs constitutes hypocrisy, which means you think it is justified. Thinking a mentality that is clearly unbalanced and biased like that is justified constitutes entitlement. You seem very confused, sort of folding under your own opinions. I would suggest making up your mind.

    Perhaps you could focus on what you are trying to say more, and less on the passive aggressive emojis? Writing an empty post that provides 0 argumentation whatsoever and just comes out as snarky really doesn't do you any favors. If you have an actual argument, by all means, do use it. Otherwise the empty snarkiness gets you nowhere. As an example, I am explaining, by their definitions, exactly why and how I think something qualifies as hypocrisy or entitlement. I'm not just dropping empty statements without any explanation or justification and then a smiley face. That would be silly. The fact you are not managing to do the same is worrying, at the very least.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853904#Comment_3853904

    I wasn’t accusing you of being a survivor main. And my post was more in general as almost everyone of these threads that complain about tunneling all of the survivor mains come and say it’s not because of gen regression … so that is in fact, the survivors having thick skulls. But yeah, I was being in general not directly you

    All fair. Thanks for being nice about it :)

  • You have perks for this, why not use them if you encounter this a lot?

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3853889#Comment_3853889

    You disagree that survivors wanting to do their objective but being upset when killers do theirs constitutes hypocrisy, which means you think it is justified. Thinking a mentality that is clearly unbalanced and biased like that is justified constitutes entitlement. You seem very confused, sort of folding under your own opinions. I would suggest making up your mind.

    Perhaps you could focus on what you are trying to say more, and less on the passive aggressive emojis? Writing an empty post that provides 0 argumentation whatsoever and just comes out as snarky really doesn't do you any favors. If you have an actual argument, by all means, do use it. Otherwise the empty snarkiness gets you nowhere. As an example, I am explaining, by their definitions, exactly why and how I think something qualifies as hypocrisy or entitlement. I'm not just dropping empty statements without any explanation or justification and then a smiley face. That would be silly. The fact you are not managing to do the same is worrying, at the very least.

    Look, I've been incredibly polite with you. If you want to go around accusing people of being upset, entitled, unable to articulate their thoughts, confused, folding under their own opinions, and more, please do it to someone who's not being nice to you. I've written my statements with smiley faces and use friendly language in nearly all of our interactions. I have absolutely not been passive aggressive, but I'm certainly getting tired of the accusations I'm receiving. In any case, I won't be accusing you of any of the sort of things you've accused me of.

    With that out of the way, here are my thoughts on what constitutes bad manners in this game:

    From survivors, bm is mainly in the form of teabagging and participating in bully squads by targeting the killer more than they target generators.

    From killers, bm is mainly in the form of tunneling, camping, aggressive slugging, and that W+D thing whose name I don't write for fear of running afoul of some filter or rule.

    Generally, bm in the game on both sides can be placed into two categories: (1) taunting (which includes teabagging and that W+D thing) and (2) anything that dramatically prevents a player from being able to participate in the match.

    The things that fit into (2) are bully squad behaviors (excessive stuns, blinds, or other actions done solely to annoy the killer instead of trying to do gens), and a small set of killer behaviors that can force a single survivor player to be unable to participate in the match in the expected way for anywhere from several minutes to the entire match. As mentioned above, those killer behaviors are primarily tunneling, camping, and needless aggressive slugging. Here are a small set of explanations regarding why those are able to prevent a player from participating in a match in a meaningful way:

    Tunneling: The killer is always able to tunnel a survivor out of they want to. There is almost nothing a survivor can do to last an entire match against a killer who's set on taking that one person out. If a killer wants just one kill, they can down a survivor, hook them near some gens they can guard and proxy camp while patrolling those gens. Early in my time playing the game, I got annoyed when people would flashlight blind me at every pallet and tunneled some of them out. I remember that one of them escaped... ever. And that player did not get to participate in the match except to be chased and only got out with the help of their entire team. I can only imagine how hard it would be for someone to escape at my current skill level. It is trivial for a killer to tunnel a survivor and make them unable to play the game. A tunneled survivor would be right to wonder why they even started up their match.

    Camping: This is actually less of a problem except when paired with tunneling. But a lot of killers will engage in proxy camping because it makes it trivial to prevent one survivor from being healed and gives the killer the opportunity to chase the unhooked survivor or the rescuer. The problematic part of this is that it's a trivial strategy that solo queue survivors have little means of countering if they're not very experienced. I'd argue that camping could be considered by experienced survivors to be not much of a problem since the counter is to get multiple gens done while the killer doesn't do much about it. But this approach to the game is easily coupled with tunneling to make a survivor completely unable to participate in the game except to be chased. And once a 1v3 is obtained by tunneling and camping, the survivors are likely to lose if there are more than one or two gens left. It is a cheap move that easily tilts the match in favor of the killer, but which requires the entire survivor team to know what they're doing to counter.

    Needlessly Aggressive Slugging: It is possible for a killer to put survivors on the ground and force them to bleed out for several minutes, unable to participate in the game while doing so. Honestly, four person slugs should almost never happen because survivors shouldn't let it happen, but killers are increasingly able to do it. But the thing I think is really a problem is slugging for 4k. Slugging for 4k causes two people to wait for up to several minutes in a nearly impossible situation. The last survivor has essentially no hope of escape as soon as the third survivor is slugged. Forcing such a situation in a game is already unsportsmanlike. But beyond that, the third survivor has to wait on the ground for up to several minutes. And if the fourth survivor heals the third one, the killer can easily slug one of them again. It's practically a guaranteed fourth kill, even though the last survivor may have outplayed the killer the entire match, with the killer just ignoring them until the end. All this can go on for several minutes, wasting everyone's time when hatch was literally implemented to prevent this scenario.

    Tunneling, camping, and aggressive slugging that leads to bleedouts are strategies that require very little skill and often make people wonder why they decided to play the game since they often make it nearly impossible to participate except to be chased and eliminated. Likewise, bully squads and teabagging are things that make the game and community worse, and should be discouraged.

    We are playing this game with other people, so it is necessary to consider the experience of those other people when we play. That means that survivors shouldn't be teabagging or bullying, and killers shouldn't be tunneling, camping, or slugging for 4k. I'm not saying that anyone is forced to act well toward other people, only that they should.

    I'll likely not write such a long post again, but I wanted to give you the courtesy of answering your question.

    ****** I apologize to anyone who had to scroll past all this.*****

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3854153#Comment_3854153

    Look, I've been incredibly polite with you. If you want to go around accusing people of being upset, entitled, unable to articulate their thoughts, confused, folding under their own opinions, and more, please do it to someone who's not being nice to you. I've written my statements with smiley faces and use friendly language in nearly all of our interactions. I have absolutely not been passive aggressive, but I'm certainly getting tired of the accusations I'm receiving. In any case, I won't be accusing you of any of the sort of things you've accused me of.

    With that out of the way, here are my thoughts on what constitutes bad manners in this game:

    From survivors, bm is mainly in the form of teabagging and participating in bully squads by targeting the killer more than they target generators.

    From killers, bm is mainly in the form of tunneling, camping, aggressive slugging, and that W+D thing whose name I don't write for fear of running afoul of some filter or rule.

    Generally, bm in the game on both sides can be placed into two categories: (1) taunting (which includes teabagging and that W+D thing) and (2) anything that dramatically prevents a player from being able to participate in the match.

    The things that fit into (2) are bully squad behaviors (excessive stuns, blinds, or other actions done solely to annoy the killer instead of trying to do gens), and a small set of killer behaviors that can force a single survivor player to be unable to participate in the match in the expected way for anywhere from several minutes to the entire match. As mentioned above, those killer behaviors are primarily tunneling, camping, and needless aggressive slugging. Here are a small set of explanations regarding why those are able to prevent a player from participating in a match in a meaningful way:

    Tunneling: The killer is always able to tunnel a survivor out of they want to. There is almost nothing a survivor can do to last an entire match against a killer who's set on taking that one person out. If a killer wants just one kill, they can down a survivor, hook them near some gens they can guard and proxy camp while patrolling those gens. Early in my time playing the game, I got annoyed when people would flashlight blind me at every pallet and tunneled some of them out. I remember that one of them escaped... ever. And that player did not get to participate in the match except to be chased and only got out with the help of their entire team. I can only imagine how hard it would be for someone to escape at my current skill level. It is trivial for a killer to tunnel a survivor and make them unable to play the game. A tunneled survivor would be right to wonder why they even started up their match.

    Camping: This is actually less of a problem except when paired with tunneling. But a lot of killers will engage in proxy camping because it makes it trivial to prevent one survivor from being healed and gives the killer the opportunity to chase the unhooked survivor or the rescuer. The problematic part of this is that it's a trivial strategy that solo queue survivors have little means of countering if they're not very experienced. I'd argue that camping could be considered by experienced survivors to be not much of a problem since the counter is to get multiple gens done while the killer doesn't do much about it. But this approach to the game is easily coupled with tunneling to make a survivor completely unable to participate in the game except to be chased. And once a 1v3 is obtained by tunneling and camping, the survivors are likely to lose if there are more than one or two gens left. It is a cheap move that easily tilts the match in favor of the killer, but which requires the entire survivor team to know what they're doing to counter.

    Needlessly Aggressive Slugging: It is possible for a killer to put survivors on the ground and force them to bleed out for several minutes, unable to participate in the game while doing so. Honestly, four person slugs should almost never happen because survivors shouldn't let it happen, but killers are increasingly able to do it. But the thing I think is really a problem is slugging for 4k. Slugging for 4k causes two people to wait for up to several minutes in a nearly impossible situation. The last survivor has essentially no hope of escape as soon as the third survivor is slugged. Forcing such a situation in a game is already unsportsmanlike. But beyond that, the third survivor has to wait on the ground for up to several minutes. And if the fourth survivor heals the third one, the killer can easily slug one of them again. It's practically a guaranteed fourth kill, even though the last survivor may have outplayed the killer the entire match, with the killer just ignoring them until the end. All this can go on for several minutes, wasting everyone's time when hatch was literally implemented to prevent this scenario.

    Tunneling, camping, and aggressive slugging that leads to bleedouts are strategies that require very little skill and often make people wonder why they decided to play the game since they often make it nearly impossible to participate except to be chased and eliminated. Likewise, bully squads and teabagging are things that make the game and community worse, and should be discouraged.

    We are playing this game with other people, so it is necessary to consider the experience of those other people when we play. That means that survivors shouldn't be teabagging or bullying, and killers shouldn't be tunneling, camping, or slugging for 4k. I'm not saying that anyone is forced to act well toward other people, only that they should.

    I'll likely not write such a long post again, but I wanted to give you the courtesy of answering your question.

    ****** I apologize to anyone who had to scroll past all this.*****

    You are not even realizing that from the get go your entire argument is based on the assumption that the killer doing their objective is "bm". Tunneling, camping, aggressive slugging. As you called it. These are all tools that can be implemented in order to fulfill the killer's objective. Which is to kill. If the name didn't make it obvious. Some exceptions apply, such as the one I already mentioned about letting people bleed out for no reason in the post I explained my personal opinion on the subject. Opinion that which you just ignored, by the way.

    Meanwhile, at no point in the survivor list of "bm" activities did you list legit things that are part of completing theirs. I suppose an argument could be made for teabagging in order to mentally destabilize the killer, but that's less of a game thing and more about just trying to be so toxic you get in the person's head. Wouldn't explain teabagging at exit gates either.

    So we're back at the "the killer fulfilling his game objective is problematic, but the survivor fulfilling theirs is not" stage. What is it that you call this situation? When someone does something, but has an issue with someone else doing the same thing on the opposite team? Oh, yes. There is a word for that! What would that word be, I wonder?

  • @frozzenk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3854249#Comment_3854249

    You are not even realizing that from the get go your entire argument is based on the assumption that the killer doing their objective is "bm". Tunneling, camping, aggressive slugging. As you called it. These are all tools that can be implemented in order to fulfill the killer's objective. Which is to kill. If the name didn't make it obvious. Some exceptions apply, such as the one I already mentioned about letting people bleed out for no reason in the post I explained my personal opinion on the subject. Opinion that which you just ignored, by the way.

    Meanwhile, at no point in the survivor list of "bm" activities did you list legit things that are part of completing theirs. I suppose an argument could be made for teabagging in order to mentally destabilize the killer, but that's less of a game thing and more about just trying to be so toxic you get in the person's head. Wouldn't explain teabagging at exit gates either.

    So we're back at the "the killer fulfilling his game objective is problematic, but the survivor fulfilling theirs is not" stage. What is it that you call this situation? When someone does something, but has an issue with someone else doing the same thing on the opposite team? Oh, yes. There is a word for that! What would that word be, I wonder?

    The killer can pursue their goal by making it nearly impossible for survivors to participate in the game via tunneling, camping, and slugging for 4k. Do not forget the part where the targeted survivor is only able to be chased and eliminated for their entire match.

    What you're saying is that because the killer can do those things, they should. That is like saying that if I'm able to get more money by causing someone else to not have enough money, I should do that.

    We're all playing this game for enjoyment, so we shouldn't make it impossible for others to enjoy the game. That is it. If you want to ruin someone else's experience, feel free. It's allowed for now. But don't be surprised when the people whose experiences you ruin are angry with you.

    Also, please remember that survivors do not have that same power. They do not have any ability to pursue their goal in a way that keeps the killer from participating in the match in the expected way. Remember that when you write your inevitable response.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3852534#Comment_3852534

    You know, sometimes I wish that survivors were given more buffs, but for a slightly different reason. I've been in this game for a long time and remember all sorts of things. I want a repeat of 2020, when the ranking system changed. Then the killers showed that they were worth taking into account. That was the only time when actions replaced words. Now killers are more inclined to talk and use what's left of the tactics.

    Ask me why? All the lobbies looked like this. There were so few killers that it wasn't even funny. This, by the way, is the reason why we don't have exact rank numbers. I remember your messages about ranks, where the issue was raised that this introduces misunderstandings between survivors and killers. This is one of the reasons. Someone always has to remember history.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QR5FAWID728U/0000.jpg

    Thanks for reminding me of that nightmarish time period

  • Do I tunnel? Sometimes. Stop unhooking the survivor before I even leave the area. Take 20-30 seconds and go do a generator, not unhook them when I’m one tile over kicking a generator or breaking a pallet. And don’t just stand there healing in the open afterwards.

  • I think at this point it's just part of the game, is actual gameplay, and the Devs will never address it.

  • Why is this the only game where people talk about thinking about other peoples enjoyment when you play?

    how many games of call of duty have you decided “you know what I’m not gonna kill that person on the other team because they might’ve been killed too many times already and it’s probably not fun for them.” If the answer is more than zero, you’re lying.

    Mortal Kombat? “ oh, I’ve been winning too many games, I think I’ll take it easy so the other person can have fun.” Yeah that’s not happening either.

    Fortnite? “Oh man I don’t wanna be the one to kill that person and have them be the first one out. They’ve only been in the game for 30 seconds. What kind of fun are they having?” Come on, give me a break, nobody thinks that way and nobody plays that way.

    but yet when it comes to this game, people seem to think that the opposing team is supposed to be mindful of your fun. It’s honestly ridiculous.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    Why is this the only game where people talk about thinking about other peoples enjoyment when you play?

    how many games of call of duty have you decided “you know what I’m not gonna kill that person on the other team because they might’ve been killed too many times already and it’s probably not fun for them.” If the answer is more than zero, you’re lying.

    Mortal Kombat? “ oh, I’ve been winning too many games, I think I’ll take it easy so the other person can have fun.” Yeah that’s not happening either.

    Fortnite? “Oh man I don’t wanna be the one to kill that person and have them be the first one out. They’ve only been in the game for 30 seconds. What kind of fun are they having?” Come on, give me a break, nobody thinks that way and nobody plays that way.

    but yet when it comes to this game, people seem to think that the opposing team is supposed to be mindful of your fun. It’s honestly ridiculous.

    All those games the devs aim for a 50'50 win rate, not a 60/40 and then let things that give one side a 90/10 win rate.

1 2 3